Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Pritt- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

The Happy Ending

I looked at the doctor's face, my heart burst with joy as I saw a smile cross his face. I instantly stood up.

"It's a miracle. At such an extreme level of cancer…never seen this before. Mr. and Mrs. Malik, Mr. Kundra…I'm happy to inform you that we successfully managed to remove a majority of the cancer, it's no longer fatal. A few more chemo treatments should cure her."

Tears fell from my eyes, tears of happiness of course.

I just wanted to go hug the doctor, but I decided to save the hug for my wife.

Sasuma ran and gave the doctor the hug, I smiled.

"Thank you, thank you so much, thank you for saving our daughter, than…"

"It's my job. I'm glad I could save her life. She's currently gaining consciousness. Just so it isn't too much for her, we're only allowing one person to see her at a time."

I was a bit disheartened. I knew sasuma and sasurji wanted to see Madhu as much as I did. So I sat back down.

By this point, the doctor had walked away.

Sasuma turned to look at me.

"Beta, what are you doing?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you want to go see your wife?"

They smiled at me as I jumped with excitement.

I hugged both of them and ran through the operation theater doors to see my wife.

She laid there peacefully with her eyes closed.

I walked towards her and sat on the stool beside her bed. I held her hand in mine.

She opened her eyes slowly. I smiled and sighed in relief.

I laid my head beside hers. Both face to face.

"I love you too," I whispered to her slowly. Replying to what she had said to me earlier.

A smile began to form on her face. She was still tired. She looked exhausted. She tried to speak, but I quieted her.

"I…kn…"

"Shh…Madhu…"

I stood and then laid down in the hospital bed beside her. I placed my arm around her and kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes and looked pleased. 

"I love you so much Madhu…I'm sorry for yesterday…"

"It's…"

"Shh, no talking. Just listening. Thank you so much for staying strong. I don't know what I would've done without you. I don't know why you hid this from me, but I forgive you because you're alive. And that's all I need. For you to be by my side for the rest of my life. All I want is to wake up to your beautiful face every morning. To smell your sweet scent day in and day out. To listen to your bell-like voice yell at me over little things…"

She giggled slightly. I tightened my arms around her and looked her in the eyes. She stared up into my eyes with tired eyes but she still looked beautiful.

"To see these eyes…for the rest of my life. All I want to do is love you forever."

I kissed her forehead again.

"Will you marry me Madhu? With saat phere this time…?"

Tears formed in her eyes as she nodded her head yes. A huge smile burst onto my face as I hugged her tight and kissed her cheeks and her forehead and then finally her lips, gently. I made sure to pull away in a second. I didn't want it to grow intense and then have her run out of breath again.

"I love you, I love you Madhu…"

She put all her energy into speaking.

"I…love you…too…RK…"

"Promise to never scare me like that again?"

"Promise…"

So I finally got what I wanted. My plan worked. She loved me and she adored me.

She ended up explaining why she hid her cancer from me. It turns out in the beginning she hid the truth because she didn't believe it was any of my business. But in the end she hid it so that she wouldn't hurt me…so much changed in so little time.

I remember laughing to myself at how we had both first met. We have an interesting love story. Unique for sure. It was meant to be though. She walked into my life and changed it for the better. She made me feel. She made me love. She changed me into a good person.

To this day, I look into her eyes and I still remind her every time she wakes up in my arms:

"I'm yours Madhu and only yours. Forever yours."

Edited by PrittB - 11 years ago
AroraN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow...GR8 update... Love it 
Edited by aroran - 11 years ago
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
chapter 16
awesome update again she lied to him and she lied to the doctor to loved how he was taking care of her and how he panicked when she was o conscious thanks for the pm

chapter 17
 loved both endings the sad one was heart breaking while the happy one was emotional  both beautifully done well written awesome both making rk realize her worth in his life and how much he change for her loved it thanks for the pm

Edited by dumas - 11 years ago
ashred12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
glad u wrote d happy ending...hate to say, tragic ending seemed more apt...
EarlyYoungTimes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thankyou sooo sooo sooomuch for the happy ending although i have read the tragic one also but before the happy one, i really feel bad after reading any of the stories tragic ending, a strange pain begins to develop inside me but after readind the happy one i am calmed...so beautifully written this is, i have read all the chapters and commented and now thnx a lot again for the happy ending..👏
OMG i read both parts and i believe in tragix ending because there is nthng like miracles. He can't even say i love u to her. I 'm crying
Clara20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
great update dear...bt i only read happy ending...i cnt read tragic end...cnt see them unhappy..😆😆
MuneebaSheikh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wow pritt i loved both the endings
Great work darling
anjaliipkknd thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I've read both
They were awesome
Amazing story
Loved it to the core😳 
Santhu.The.King thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Read.. Both Ends..They Are Awesome.. Such Wonderful Story.. Loved It Thank You.. 👏