Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scorp1AN thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
arjun is as intelligent as ever! love his analysis on the clues! he picks up clue faster than anyone else! interesting! please update soon! can't wait to read more! excited to read more actually! 
Pumpkinn thumbnail
Awesome update ...
Loved it ...
Very interesting ...
Waiting for next ...
Update soon ...
Thnx for pm ...
Love_Arnie thumbnail
Wow Tina u write too well... I really cant predict this twist n turns of detective stories.. So I cant even speculate things.. Update is the only thing I throve upon... So please dear update it as soon as possible..!
Mr. Karti, PM Malhotra everyone is seeming innocent, the only person missing 4m their talks is the Mother-in-law...
So update quickly! God swear this one is too engrossing n thrilling to wait for...
I have already read this chapter 3 times... To find out clues..! Don't laugh at me... I seriously did!
luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey, sorry for the late reply
You are Fantastic with this case, your story gripped me since the first chapter itself
Please continue soon
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well done Tina!
You've balanced emotions and the case very well.
My heart goes to the PM, to have lost your wife so tragically.
Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
sorry for not being to reply to each:
but a big thanks and hug🤗to each and everyone:
rimss19, shrutisweety, Radhika Shah, sashashyam, _mahi_, prava55663, Leki, KiSha13, nivanthi2, shona3, Gurmeet4Drashti, M.V.Kohli007,
rockz.diva, kaveriw2008, hiddenpearl, Krishnaluv94, Pumpkinn, fatima15, shah10, IshqDewaani, , arul01, SanchayitaM, luvzindagi, FeistySoul

Thanks loads for your comments and love you all😊
Edited by haruhi26 - 11 years ago
Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter 3

"Let's send the body for post-mortem, maybe we'd get other clues, while we'll start with our interrogation here," Rathore said.

"We first have to find out to whom this earring belongs, and we have to start with the PM first, we'll have to question him first Rathore, I know this sounds a bit strange, he was the first one to discover the body, so he's our first suspect," Arjun said looking at Rathore and turned towards Mr. Khatri, "How many people work in this residence, and who was the last one to see the PM's wife.  Can you please draw out a list, and ask them to come meet us.  We'll interrogate one by one at a time!"

"There are in all some twenty security officers for the safety of the PM and his family, including the external ones.  We have in total nine female servants, out of which four were on leave for the karva chauth.  And apart that we have the PM's mother, sister and some other five people working. I can reassure you that everyone who works here has been checked thoroughly out, their background and history and also their present status and more," Mr Karti replied, "None working here are strangers actually. But I understand your work, and will arrange for a room where you can interrogate them. Since we discovered Mrs. Simi's body, no one has been authorized to go out." and went to gather everyone.

They all went presently in the PM's study to interrogate him.  It was a very difficult thing, but they all know that it had to be done.  The PM was still crying on the sofa, though no longer as heavily as before.  When he saw then enter, he composed himself and asked them what they needed.

"We have some questions to ask you," Arjun immediately started.

"Questions to me? I already told you everything that happened this morning!" the PM replied a bit furiously," Are you suspecting me?"

"For us everyone is potential suspects unless proven otherwise!" Arjun replied softly

The PM faced whitened on hearing this and looked as if he wanted to throw something at Arjun, "Do you even know whom you are presently addressing too or even accusing of murder?" he asked.

Before Arjun could say something to anger the PM more, Rathore decided to butt in and replied, "With all due respects Sir, we are only doing our job.  Since you were the person to discover your wife's body first and she was killed in your master bedroom's bathroom, we have to ask you some questions, please do corporate, maybe anything you say can lead us to bring more light on this.  Till now it's only a case of suicide to us," but he never got to finish his sentence, because the PM stopped him by saying, "Suicide??? You mean my wife committed suicide! This is impossible! Simi loves me too much to do something like that. Besides she was so happy yesterday for the Karva Chauth, there's no way she'd commit suicide. Besides my wife was a very strong lady, she'd never resort to suicide no matter what problems she encountered! She believed in fighting, she was a fighter, not some weak person to commit suicide!"

"In that case, do answer our questions, maybe there's something we are all missing," Arjun asked politely.

The PM looked at him and said, "You are the famous ACP who cannot control your anger at all, I heard that you don't have any problem beating people, even an MLA or minister! But from what other information I heard, your wife also died nah, then how can you not understand my feelings and be so rude and insensitive!"

Arjun closed his fingers in a grip and tightened his grip so as to control his anger!

Riya had been observing Arjun's reaction since so long.  She knew that he was in a very bad mood, because of the Karva Chauth and now's the PM insinuation.  She went to stand beside him, and put her hand softly on his shoulder to calm him.  When Arjun felt Riya's hand on his shoulder, he jerked her hand and looked at her murderously.  Yet Riya withstood his angry look and nodded her head as if to ask him to calm down.

Arjun ignored her and returned his gaze on the PM, "Murdered actually!"

The PM's anger subsided a bit when hearing this, but he still wasn't ready to accept that they were suspecting him, not when he had always loved his wife more than his own life.  Looking at the ETF team standing in front of him, he thought that these people will never understand his love for his wife.  But he knew that his wife could never commit suicide, and all his anger was gone when he realized that he needed to know the truth more than anything else.  And he finally agreed for the interrogation.

They asked him several questions about the last time he had seen his wife alone, about anything suspicious he may have seen, any enemies they had, specially his wife.  He answered all these questions as best as he could, but they could find no lead.

Finally Arjun took out that earring and showed it to the PM, and asked about it.

"This doesn't belong to my wife," was the only reply the PM could give.

They had almost finished interrogating the PM, when Mr Khatri knocked and entered the study and informed them that he had gathered everyone in a room and they could start their interrogation.

The ETF team excused themselves and went for the interrogations.  Since there were so many people, they decided to form three groups.

Arjun and Riya will interrogate the mother-in-law, sister and the servants, while Rathore and Chotu will interrogate the security officers, and finally Shree would recover all the CCTV footage and check for anything suspicious.

Arjun and Riya first started with the mother of the PM, Mrs Pam Malhotra, and because of her old age, Riya was the one who did the interrogation.

"You were the last person to have met her yesterday night, did she sound unhappy and depressed! Did she tell you about anything?" Riya asked.

"You have to understand that I and Simi were not really close, but she didn't seem abnormal at all yesterday night when we were preparing to the prayers, in fact she was so happy to perform the Karva Chauth! She may not have been a good daughter-in-law, but she was definitely a good wife," she replied.

"You were not in good terms with Mrs. Simi?" Riya queried.

"Not really, she was from a low caste compared to ours, so I never agreed for her marriage with my son!" Mrs Malhotra replied.

Both Riya and Arjun were angry when they heard this and thought that in this age and with education how can some people still gave so much importance to caste, but they kept their cool and continued.

"Did Mrs. Simi have any enemies?" Riya continued.

"She was the PM's wife, so of course she'd have many enemies!" she replied.

"No, I meant any personal ones!" Riya explained.

"I'm sorry I didn't know her that much, but Renuka can reply better to you," she replied.

"Renuka?" Arjun asked.

"My daughter, she and Simi were best friends since college, actually it's through her that my son and Simi met," she replied.

They told Mrs Malhotra that she could leave now however before she went out, Arjun removed the earring and asked her about it.  She looked at that earring for a long time and replied no and went away.  Presently they asked for Miss Renuka to be sent in.  A mid-aged girl entered the room, she was very expensively dressed and had an attitude in her when she came in.  She looked as if they were only wasting her time.  Both Riya and Arjun couldn't understand how come the best friend of Mrs Simi, could behave so normally under such circumstances.

Precap:

"Have you seen this earring before?" Arjun asked irritatedly at Miss Renuka.

She looked at it, for a few mere milli-seconds a fear passed in her eyes and was soon gone, and thankfully only a person like Arjun could notice that, which he did.

so how was it?

Still managed to keep your attention, thrilling enough???

Please dont comment and like if you appreciate my workings😳

Edited by haruhi26 - 11 years ago
shrutisweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
story is awsome
continue soon
thanks fop pmEdited by shrutisweety - 11 years ago
DivineDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
great part... intresting precap... continue soon...
rockz.diva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
🤗 this stry iz awsomeee

niceee updatee lvd it ðŸ˜› waitng fol d nxt par