ARHI FF:MASTERCLASS Thrd 6 note from me pg 141!

warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Master Class Thread 1: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3109738

Master Class Thread 3:

Master Class Thread 4:

Master Class Thread 5:

Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 59

The morning sun's rays illuminated her face and Khushi's eyes slowly opened as she stirred from sleep. A smile appeared on her face; she was going to marry Arnav Singh Raizada today. She slowly stretched under the warm covers as the thought of her wedding day sent shivers of delight down her spine as the smile grew even wider. Khushi sat up and drew her knees against her chest. She had heard that brides inevitably wake up nervous on their big day but Khushi felt completely the opposite; she was unbelievably excited and deliriously happy. She cocked her head to the side as she heard a very familiar voice outside; a quick glance at the clock told her that it was a few minutes to 6am. Perplexed, she quickly got out of bed and raced into the bathroom to freshen up and have a shower. Ten minutes later, she stepped out of her room into the main suite.

A freshly showered Arnav dressed in blue jeans and a black sweatshirt was busy on the phone while he read something on his laptop. He heard a door opening and turned around. There she stood like angelic vision bathed in the warm rays of the sun. She was wearing a pale yellow salwaar kameez, her face dewy fresh and completely devoid of makeup; her wet hair lay against her right shoulder. She could not have looked more beautiful than she did at that moment Arnav thought as his heart literally skipped a beat.  Realising that someone was waiting on the other side of the line, Arnav apologised and ended the call as he stood up.

Khushi walked towards Arnav as he began to bridge the gap towards her, meeting her in the middle of the room. 'Good morning' he said huskily as he came to a stop in front of her as he slipped his hands into his pockets. 'Good morning' she whispered in return as an unexpected feeling of shyness overcame her. In a few hours, the man standing in front of her would wed her. This really was happening she thought as her heart rate began to accelerate.

Arnav watched as Khushi lowered her gaze, she seemed to be hesitant this morning. He smiled to himself. It was to be expected, she was obviously processing a lot of emotions and thoughts. He brushed his lips against her forehead as took her hand and led her to the couch. He motioned to her to take a seat as he poured a cup of tea for her and handed it to her. Her hand trembled slighted as she accepted the cup from him. Arnav took a sip of his black coffee and placed the cup back on the table. 'Did you manage to get some sleep Khushi?' he asked gently. Khushi shook her head 'Not much. Did you...?' she asked. Arnav smiled, 'probably less than you, but it doesn't feel like it... I guess we are both going to be running on lots of adrenalin today.'  She smiled as the butterflies in her tummy went into overdrive at the sight of his lopsided grin.

Arnav took another sip of his coffee as his expression became serious, 'Khushi, I've spoken to the GM here about today and they'll do their best to help with preparations. I've decided to call in a wedding planner, Naryani Pandit, who will be here at 8:30am to discuss arrangements.'  Khushi nodded, 'can they...I mean...can everything be done at such short notice?' she asked hesitantly as her mind raced through all the requirements for a wedding;  it normally took months to make these sorts of arrangements but today all they had was a few hours. Arnav watched Khushi frowning, he took her hand in his, 'Khushi you don't need to worry about anything, everything required for this marriage will be taken care of. Whatever you want will be arranged. I'll make sure of that. Khushi, relax and enjoy your wedding day ok?' he said quietly. His words providing reassurance that she needed.

Khushi took a sip of her tea and then took a deep breath, 'Arnav, before we do anything, I think we need to speak to our families first. I don't think we can make any arrangements until we do this. Can we do that now?' she asked. He nodded as he glanced at his watch, it was 6:20am and still very early in the morning, 'let's have some breakfast first' he suggested, 'that way we can start making calls at about 7:00am, what you think?' Khushi nodded.

By the time breakfast had been completed, Khushi's heart was beginning to race earnestly. Her nervousness increased as did her shaking while she wondered how her babu-ji and amma would react to their news and then she thought about Arnav's family and her heart rate spiked; other than Nani-ji, she hadn't even met any of them. She swallowed hard as she tried very hard to keep her breakfast down.

A shiver rippled through her. The tightness in her chest returned, as did the panic. Be calm Khushi, its ok, she kept repeating to herself as she stood up and accompanied Arnav back to the sitting area.

'Khushi?' Her head snapped up as she heard her name and then caught him looking at her. She looked up and gave him a tight, worried smile. Arnav frowned as he grasped her hand and pulled her closer. 'What's wrong Khushi?' he asked quietly. Khushi looked into his dark brown eyes; he looked worried she thought as she stared at his familiar face... worried about her. She took a deep breath, 'I'm scared Arnav,' she admitted, 'I'm scared about what our families will say about us getting married so...well... so quickly,' she said as her voice trailed off. Arnav looked at Khushi as he scanned her worried face and placed his hands on her shoulders, 'Khushi, whether we get married in six months, two years or twenty years... someone or the other will either have a problem or will have something to say. The main point here is that you and I want to get married now...today. We'll tell our families this and take it from there.'  Arnav took a deep breath, 'Khushi, while I respect our families as far as I'm concerned, I'm marrying you today whether anyone has a problem or not. I am not interested in justifying our relationship to anyone, neither am I interested in negotiating with them. I need to know where you stand on this before we talk to them,' he asked point blank.

Khushi swallowed as her gaze was trapped by his dark and intense eyes, her heart was racing as the events of the past twenty hour hours flashed in front of her eyes. And then she heard his promises...the vows that he had made to her and instantly the cloud of fear, doubt and uncertainty lifted. Khushi looked straight up at Arnav, her voice was strong as she spoke, 'This is about you and me and making a commitment to each other. I trust you Arnav. I want to get married today.'

'Ok,' Arnav said as he reached out to take her hand, 'then let's do this Khushi' he said, his voice strong and full of confidence.

===================================

They called her parents first. As expected, her Amma had balked when she heard about the wedding whilst her babu-ji quietly listened to Khushi as she spoke calmly and confidently as her fingers lay intertwined with Arnav's. Needless to say, this connection gave her immeasurable strength during the difficult points in the conversation. Silence filled the air as they both waited for a decision from her babu-ji.

Shashi Gupta's slightly impaired but quietly strong voice reverberated across the suite on speaker phone, 'Khushi, you have always had your Amma's and my support in whatever decision you have made. I will not deny that I am surprised at the news of a wedding today itself, but as I have said to Arnav, you are both adults and are capable of making your own decisions and if you have decided to marry today then Khushi you know that my blessings are with you always. Today is no different. Khushi and Arnav Beta, my family and I will be with you both as you take this important step in your future together.' 

Arnav looked at Khushi and was not surprised to see she had tears in her eyes. He watched as she brushed the tears on her cheeks while she swallowed hard  as she fought another wave as more tears filled her eyes and spilled down her cheeks. Tightness around her ribs made it hard to breathe let alone talk and Arnav instantly picked up on this. He squeezed her hand as he spoke on their behalf, 'thank you babu-ji, your blessing means the world to Khushi and me. I understand the concerns that you have about the speed at which everything has happened and I don't deny that it is disconcerting. But the fact remains that Khushi and I are ready to take this next step and we'd like our families with us. A marriage with all the rituals means alot to Khushi and I want to make sure that her wedding is what she has dreamed of.  Babu-ji, we are going to call Nani after we speak to you, but in the meantime, I've made arrangements for your travel to Lucknow and we're looking forward to having both our families here for the wedding later today,' he said after which he provided more information about the arrangements from Delhi.

After the call ended, Arnav and Khushi both looked at each other in relief. One part of the hurdle had been completed successfully.  Arnav wrapped his arms around Khushi's waist and pulled her body close to his. She placed her own arms over his shoulders, hugging him to her, savouring the familiar feel of his steady, strong heart beat against her chest. She felt completely protected in his strong arms. Arnav bent down and kissed her nose, 'ready to speak to Nani?' he asked softly. Khushi nodded.

If Deviyani Raizada was surprised, then her voice certainly didn't show it. Instead after listening to Arnav, she happily offered her blessings and congratulations to Arnav and Khushi and calmly listened as Arnav explained the arrangements made so far. After the call ended, Deviyani leaned back on the sofa at Shantivan as she smiled and shook her head as she wiped away tears of utter joy from her face; yet again it was clear as day that once Arnav Singh Raizada made a decision absolutely no one could hold him back from achieving his aim.  She silently sent up a prayer of thanks to Devi Maiya as she began to round up her family to tell them the news as she thoroughly enjoyed their shocked reactions.

===============================

After speaking to Nani, Arnav and Khushi looked at each quietly. The sheer relief of completing both conversations with their respective families without incident was astounding. While both Arnav and Khushi had agreed to proceed as planned, both silently knew that having their families supporting them was a boon, particularly for Khushi.

Khushi watched as a full smile emerged on Arnav's face as stood up and pulled to her feet and then into his arms as he finally sealed the gap between them, scooping her into his arms, and spinning her around. Khushi couldn't stop laughing as she held onto his shoulders. He joined, and she could feel the vibration of his unreserved laughter reverberate through his chest to her as they both savoured the moment, locking it into their hearts forever.  Their celebration was short lived as they heard a knock on the door. Khushi smiled as Arnav groaned; it must be the wedding planner and she had arrived just as Arnav was about to avail himself of a much needed kiss from Khushi.

================================

Naryani Pandit was the best wedding planner in the business because within 5 hours of her arrival into their suite with her little battalion of assistants, almost all of the details around Arnav and Khushi's nuptials had been decided and each one of her ten assistants had been dispatched with a 'to-do' list along with a tightest deadline in the history of deadlines. Thanks to Arnav's connections, Khushi's bridal outfit and his own attire was already en-route from Delhi along with a team of seamstresses for the final alterations. The plan for the remainder of the day was that the families would be arriving into Kashmir at about 3pm after which there would be a joint shagun, tilak and haldi ceremony. Khushi would then have her mehendi applied while the family indulged in a pre-wedding high tea. The actual wedding ceremony would then be taking place at 7:30pm, after which there would be a formal sit down dinner. Because of the short notice, both sides of the family had elected to return to Delhi after the ceremonies that evening so Arnav anticipated that he would have Khushi all to himself by 10pm that evening. Arnav had to admit that watching Khushi getting excited by the preparations whilst she worked with Naryani and her team was deeply satisfying to Arnav. As he lay sleepless in his bed the night before, Arnav had wondered if Khushi was genuinely happy with the speed of the events or if she was being forced to trade in her dream wedding for an express wedding at his instance.

It was just after 1:30pm when Naryani bid Arnav and Khushi goodbye wisely suggesting that they might wish to rest before the final fittings and the arrival of their family at 3pm. Arnav very gratefully accepted the offer of some quiet time with Khushi as Naryani shut the door behind her.

Khushi stood up and massaged her weary neck muscles; she arched her back and stretched herself out. Even though Arnav had been involved in every decision made today, he had given Khushi the lead with the preparation and had spoken when his input was required. Her mind was spinning with how quickly and efficiently everything was coming together and she had to admit that Arnav's influential power, ability to pull the relevant strings and his limitless resources made the process a lot easier.  Consequently, Khushi really did feel like a princess living in her own fairytale with all roads leading towards her Prince at the end of the day.

As Khushi finished her stretch, her eyes caught Arnav watching her as he leaned against the edge of the sofa with his arms crossed over his broad chest. She walked to him and he widened his legs so that she stood between his thighs, his hands automatically encircling her slender waist and then resting on her hips. Khushi stared into Arnav's eyes as she placed her hands on his shoulders, 'thank you Arnav,' she whispered sincerely.

The doubts struck again and Arnav just had to ask, 'Khushi, you are happy aren't you?' he asked hesitantly, 'I know you must have imagined your wedding day in a particular way and I'm sure that this wasn't quite it...' he said his voice trailing off.

Khushi smiled as she moved her hands to cup his face as her thumbs ran along his stubbled cheeks, 'No... I didn't imagine it like this, but then again, I never imagined that Devi Maiya would exceed my every expectation by giving you to me Arnav,' she said as she looked deep into his eyes. 'I never imagined that I would find someone who respects me, trusts me, understands and knows me so well that he knows what I need even before I know it myself. I never imagined that I would find someone who loves me so deeply and unconditionally that I know without a shadow of a doubt that he will always be my protector, my provider, my teacher, my companion and my lover regardless of what challenges we may face in our lives. Arnav, this day and this wedding... well you've made it perfect for me and I can't ask for more, but... Arnav, you are my every dream come true...nothing I ever dreamt of even comes close to how beautiful my reality has turned out be,' she said quietly.

Arnav's eyes were large and dark and filled with an emotion she'd never seen before, and Khushi watched as he swallowed as if in an attempt to compose himself, 'Khushi, I should be saying that to you... you taught me how to dream, to love, to hope. Khushi...my Khushi...you are exactly what your name means...my joy, my happiness... my world,' he said a single tear rolled down his cheek.  

That one tear completely undid her and Khushi pulled Arnav into her arms, cradling his shoulders as his head sank into the crook of her neck, his quiet tears dampening her neck as his arms gripped her waist even tighter. Words weren't required anymore; touch was enough to sooth, to heal, to join them as they let the emotions not of the day, but of their journey together wash over them both.

Neither Khushi, nor Arnav had any idea of how long they spent in each other's arms. Arnav slowly pulled away and stood up as he brushed the tears from her cheeks as she wiped away his. Crying in front of anyone else would be seen as a sign of weakness, but crying with Khushi was deeply cathartic. Arnav cupped her face in his palms as he gently brushed his lips against hers, 'enjoy your last kiss as Miss Khushi Kumari Gupta because the next time I kiss you, you will be Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada,' he whispered against her lips.

I'm back!!!!

well ladies, get your wedding finery out because you are cordially invited to the wedding of Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Kumari Gupta... I'm so excited, that I just cant hide it... na nana nana na na!! πŸ˜†

On a serious note - I cannot believe this is the start of the sixth thread!!

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for supporting this story every step of the way - its you, the readers, that encourage me to keep writing even on those days when I think 'thats it... I've had enough and this is the end of masterclass...'

Once again from the bottom of my heart... Thank you for supporting this tiny little OS that has today reached almost 60 chapters.

with all my love
NainaπŸ€—

Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago
TheFictionFreak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I M FIRST...

Packed my stuff and I'm on my way to the wedding πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by swetha_ch - 11 years ago
mrin0709 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Finally the D Day...

I would still have loved to see an elaborate wedding.. but still this was just awesome...

Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Naina!

It just occurred to me they were actually staying together inside four walls prior to marriage with permission from their parents! Quite something, isn't it?? πŸ˜†

Really loved the way you detailed the family conversation. I too wanted to enjoy the shocked reactions of Anjali & Akash .. I remember you brought Akash into the story in one of the earlier chapters! Hope to meet them soon .. especially an ecstatic Anjali. Is Aman coming? You will be writing chapters on "the world's" reacions, wont you?? *batting eyeleashes*

That little part on celebration was beautiful .. 😊 .. I could visualize it happening .. the man in black & the lady in yellow .. swirling .. beautiful! 😊

Wedding preparation .. perhaps the best part of wedding for many. The only thing they have missed is the wedding shopping .. that would have been fun!!

Loved their conversations .. both verbal & kinesic … nothing new about it. πŸ˜› They have both got what they needed in life .. Arnav found his happiness while Khushi found her prince charming.

The last kiss as Ms. Gupta .. wohooo! Someone is really excited here .. cant wait to experience the grand wedding .. What's the menu? How's the dcor? What's the attire? … Am I invited? Can I have Champagne? .. **Breathe Farha, Breathe**

PS: Don't update on Saturday. Please, please .. pretty please. Have an exam in the evening. 😭 Any day before or after Saturday ..πŸ˜‰

Edited by Omoraboti - 11 years ago
Ni1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
😊

I AM SUPER Excited 

BAS πŸ˜Š
Edited by Ni1234 - 11 years ago
sai_neha thumbnail
res

Edit

Hey Naina,

Congrats for the New Thread πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³

Wow ...Me commenting on the 1st page  😲😲😲😲😲😲

Loved the chap...am waiting for the Big Fat Indian wedding πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰...sorry could not update my comment yesterday was busy with personal work...Stalking paid off read the chap before your pm...thanks for the PM.

Points to Ponder

I think this is the quickest Indian Wedding I have come across in a fiction ( I would recommend it for Guinness world records if possible πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†)

Wow... loved Arnav and Khushi's conversation about thier wedding...I just love this Arnav ...he knew what Khushi was going through ...and assured her with his words that every thing will be fine and she need not worry

Finally they rang thier families and spoke to them about thier wedding the same day and Khushi finally convinced her father and also it was emotional and lovely how Arnav spoke to his would be in laws when khushi could not speak due to her being very emotional.

And they also called Naniji and conveyed about thier marriage...Dinka Chika πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ I'm happy that both families gave thier consent for the wedding

I could not stop  ...when I read how Arnav had hired wedding planner and he did think about the precise time of all the marriage rituals and when Khushi and he could be alone(was at 10:00 p.m. bituwa is always using his Harvard Dimag )...Again you penned it brilliantly it was flawless and emotional. 

Eagerly waiting for the next update

Cheers,
Sai_Neha
Edited by sai_neha - 11 years ago
daffodils06 thumbnail
naina...u dont know how excited i am..the wedding preparations,the discussions..asking the family for permission..and finally arnav and khushi talking to each other..sealing the whole thing..waiting eagerly for the wedding..
and now master class has a new thread..congrats Edited by daffodils06 - 11 years ago
ashred12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
congrats on new thread...
soo cute update...
Amti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So, finally the marriage... Hope in next part we will get the whole function...

Thank you for thee PM