kvarsha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
awesome updatesss...
arnav and khush are becoming naughty ha πŸ˜†β˜ΊοΈ
thnx 4 pmπŸ˜ƒ
shagun-rocks thumbnail
welcome back!...first of all i am super glad to know that your interview went well..hope the employer realizes that you are the best candidate for the job..now coming back to this chapter, well, all that i did while going through it was blush profusely!..guess that explains it all...i guess a few people might have trouble digesting the fact that they shared an intimate moment before walking\g down the alter, but personally i have never had any such issues...the physical aspect is an important part of any relationship..& arnav, what do i say about him..he's a dream man..period..khushi is one lucky girl...do such men really exist in the 'real' world?.. i don't know, since i have never come across any, but given the eternal dreamer & hopeless romantic that i am, i hope to find him one day!...anyway do update soon..i have missed this FF & you a lot over the last couple of days...hence i'll be looking forward to a quick & longer update..also thanks for the pm..
daffodils06 thumbnail
glad to hear that the interview went well..
coming to the chapter that was...wat shud i say...naughty..but then i like naughty..
the thoughts that khushi had during the last part of the chapter..well only khushi can complain lik that to devi mayya..
as usual waitin for more..
yadiyada thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Oh Naina meri Naina
Kya tujko hai kahna
Keep on writing meri behna
Ab iss ff ke bin nahi rehna!!!!!

Great update and glad to hear your interview went well. If this chapter was a stress buster dare we wonder what comes when you are chilled out!!!
-Ronnie- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! loved the update!

he wasn't as cute as arnav, matlab thoda cute toh tha right?? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

my best wishes are with you! you will definitely get what you deserve!!!!😊

Firebolt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Okay so actually i found this story about 2 weeks back and have been obsessed with it ever since. 

WHY did it take me SO long to find this amazing piece of fiction i'll never know. 

What do i love about it? Well pretty much everything.

To star off your narrative style is absolutely addictive. I absolutely loved all the internal monologues that A & K have with themselves. 

Arnav and his devil+angel,Khuhsi's conscience - , i could totally picture that. And it is the fun element to this story. As an author you definitely made a distinct impression on me and as writer it's always important to have your own 'voice' and you nailed it! 

It kept me coming back for more! 

Plot development - Honestly it's been perfectly paced. 

You began with A and K who were at odds with each other and developed it into a beautiful love story. The development of trust and honesty, two very important things, was very well showcased while you developed your plot. 

Another thing that sets apart this story, is how you describe A & K's relationship as being a mutual learning process. You had this concrete idea and have stuck with it from it beginning, never losing sight that this is 'Master Class'. (Fab title by the way)

Your characterization of A and K is very...how do i put it... real. That is to say it's very easy to relate to your characters. Their emotions, their insecurities, their love - is all very relatable and entirely swoon worthy.

Speaking of swoon worthy - OMG I AM SO IN LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE ROMANCE IT MAKES ME BLUSH AND SIGH AND AZCXBVSDHKLdsjjdbfd

*ahem*

I mean you write romance really well. 

And i'm more or less in love with this story.

Thank you for sharing this with me! 
LyssaPie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow what an amazing update
So damn good, so he relived her off her tension but what about his πŸ˜‰

I like how TRUST is the big factor and COMMUNICATION, loved it!
IFrozenl thumbnail
Awesome Update Naina.
Loved it.

Thanks for the PM.
ArHinism thumbnail
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please UPDATE SOON...
warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 56

Having had no dinner the previous night, both Arnav and Khushi were starving and a big Kashmiri breakfast was called for. They took their time as they leisurely dined on Sheermal (mildly sweet Naan), baqerkhani (type of layered bread), Haak (Kashmiri Spinach), Vegetable Roganjosh and Paneer Gulnar all washed down with Kahwah. As Arnav watched Khushi eat, he noticed that she was rather quiet and her mind appeared to be distracted. Arnav had hoped to take Khushi hiking but it looked like that wasn't going to happen as light rain and a blanket of mist enveloped the lake and the valleys. Well he might as well grab the bull by the horns, so to speak, and start the conversation around the topic that triggered their fight last night, he decided.

Arnav cleared his throat, 'Khushi, seeing that it's raining and we can't do much outside, do you want to review the Jaleebi Junction proposal?' he asked. To his surprise Khushi's eyes lit up, 'I was going to ask if you could work through it with me today Arnav..how did you know?' she asked incredulously. He didn't, Arnav thought as he smiled to himself, but there was no need for Khushi to know that. He stood up and held out his hand to her, 'come' he said simply.

Within the walls of their suite, hidden in a quiet nook was a high tech office. Arnav pulled a second chair to the desk as he switched on his laptop and motioned for Khushi to take a seat. Khushi looked around in amazement; this office was just as well equipped as Arnav's office back home with a desktop computer, wireless printer, fax machine and a telephone line. A stack of pristine white paper sat near the printer. Notepads, pens and highlighters completed the requirements.

Khushi watched as Arnav logged into his laptop and remote accessed AR Corp servers. She couldn't help but be amazed; in a matter of minutes he had transformed himself from her charming, casual, relaxed Arnav into the super-efficient, hardcore and to the point businessman. She couldn't help but stare at Arnav as he looked at the screen; he had such a commanding profile, all sharp edges and lines. When he at last turned to face her, she took in the uncompromising set of his mouth, the faintly stern expression that drew his eyebrows together, the narrow, pale scar on his left cheek and Khushi knew instantly; ASR was in the building. She quickly gathered her wits and focused on the task as she handed him a flash drive containing all her documents in relation to Jaleebi Junction.

For the next few hours, they both worked steadily as Arnav taught Khushi how to run business projection models using the AR Corp software to compare expected sales outputs for both Delhi and Lucknow based on various variables. They talked, argued and in the end discussed the merits and demits of both locations and data reports as Arnav tried to ensure the Khushi kept her mind on the business aspects influencing this decision and not personal elements which kept creeping into the discussion. He could see that she was deeply torn as she tried to balance all the aspects to make a decision where there would be no losers.

As the hours flew by, their discussion was accompanied by the steady whirring of the printer and the occasional beeping of the fax machine as the business analyst in Delhi forwarded them additional data that couldn't be accessed remotely.

Khushi felt like she was caught in a whirlwind, no matter how hard she tried, Arnav was always two steps ahead of her in his thought processes and questions. Working one on one on every element of this business proposal with him gave Khushi yet another firsthand look at just how intelligent and shrewd Arnav was in business and she had a new found respect and awe of his business acumen and prowess; with him at the helm it was no wonder that AR Corp was growing as exponentially as it was!

'Right, Khushi lets go through this report, this is an econometric forecasting model and we're going to identify the underlying factors that might influence your projected sales,' Arnav said with his eyes glued to the screen as he quickly analysed the data so that he could explain it to Khushi, 'See this data set, Khushi...', Arnav spun towards her when she didn't answer in readiness to reprimand her for not paying attention. Khushi was leaning back in her chair, her eyes closed as she massaged her temples. Arnav leaned back in his own chair as he realised just how much pressure she might be under with this business crash course from him; this was the type of stuff that people studied over two years in an MBA and here he was expecting her to keep pace with him. Arnav stood up slowly and stood behind Khushi as he moved her hands away from her temples, watching as her eyes flew open in panic, 'I'm sorry, I was listening Arnav..you were saying is a metronomical forecast...,' she said as she stumbled over her words. Arnav could help but at smile, 'econometric forecasting Khushi, now lean back' he directed as he slid his hands to the back of her neck and began to massage the tight knots out of her neck and shoulders. 'Relax Khushi, I know that this is full on...you're doing really well and I'll go through what you don't understand again if you need me to, ' he said in a calm low voice.

Khushi could have sighed as Arnav's nimble finger worked magic on her tense muscles. She had never imagined that she would need to know so much information to start a Jaleebi Shop!! Oi...be grateful that you have Arnav Singh Raizada coaching you and preparing you -you have to make this business a success Khushi, failure is not an option, concentrate on what he's teaching you, whispered a tiny voice.

Khushi turned around as she looked up at him, 'I'm ok Arnav, lets continue,' she said. Arnav had to admire her fortitude as he sat down and began to print the report. It was this determination and strength of character that he had fallen in love with and he knew without a doubt that Khushi would make Jaleebi Junction a success with or without his help he thought proudly to himself; his mentee was destined for great things he decided.

After working non-stop for seven hours straight, Arnav was finally satisfied that Khushi had all the information that she needed to make an informed decision about her Jaleebi Junction. As the final set of paperwork made it through the printer, Arnav stood up and held his hand out to Khushi. She took his hand and slowly rose to her feet, her cramped muscles thankful for the opportunity to finally stretch. Arnav picked up the thick pile of paper from the printer and handed it to Khushi as he began speaking 'Khushi, I think you have all the information you need. From what I can see here, I think the choice is pretty clear but ultimately the decision is yours. I would suggest that you take your time and go through this again over the next few days before you make your decision...ok?'  Khushi swallowed as she looked at the pile of paper he had just given her before meeting his gaze and nodding slowly. She was scared; there was so much hanging in the balance of her one decision -  would she make the right choice?

Arnav immediately sensed the nervousness in her body language and in an instant ASR left the room. He placed his hands on her shoulders as he pulled her closer, 'Khushi...it will be ok, I'm right here with you...every step of the way...you can do this,' he said quietly as he looked into her eyes.  Khushi took a deep breath and nodded, silently reassured by his words of encouragement.

Arnav took Khushi's hand and led them out of the office and back into the living area of their suite. Khushi instantly felt better; that office had become stifling and small enclosed space had heightened her already agitated state. But now as she looked out of the window to the calm surface of Dal Lake in the dying rays of the sunset, Khushi regrouped her emotions. She felt Arnav's hand on her shoulder she turned to find him standing beside her holding out a cup of fragrant cardamom Kashmiri chai. She took the cup and placed it on the low coffee table; right now she needed something else she decided as she slipped her arms around Arnav's waist and laid her head against his chest craving the sound and feel of his steady, strong heat beat. She sighed as he slipped his arms around her and began rubbing her back. She felt the vibration of this voice, 'Khushi, l've made arrangements for dinner,' he said 'if you're tired, we can eat here?' he volunteered. Khushi pulled back  as she looked up at Arnav, 'no, l'd like to go out,' she said. Arnav stared at Khushi for a few seconds before nodding; he had an idea. He withdrew his arms and brushed his lips against her forehead 'relax and enjoy your tea Khushi, I'll be right back' he murmured with a slight lopsided grin.

Khushi wondered what Arnav was going to do as she watched him enter the bedroom they had shared. She sighed as she picked up her cup of tea and walked outside. The clean, crisp air was refreshing she thought as she sat down and sipped her tea.

A short while later Arnav returned and he silently held his hand to her. Khushi looked at his outstretched hand and then up at him. He smiled at her but remained wordless. Curious, Khushi placed her hand in his and followed Arnav into the suite. They walked into the  large bedroom they had shared earlier that day. Arnav stopped. Khushi looked at him and then at the blood red rose petals marking a trail which she followed. She gasped as she entered the en-suite bathroom. A massive tub sat in the middle of the room, it was filled with rose-scented water and whirlpool jets sent ripples through the bubbling water as steam rose toward the hand painted ceiling. Candles of assorted sizes provided flickering light creating a soothing environment. Arnav walked to Khushi, he stood behind her as he whispered into her ear, 'take your time and relax...' he said before brushing his lips against her neck.

Khushi turned around as she heard the door click, she slowly walked around the bathroom, pausing beside the bathtub as she dipped her hand into the water. It was perfect. She sighed; how did he manage to always think of everything she wondered as she slowly took her clothes off and placed them on a stool. She slowly climbed up the two steps and placed her foot tentatively into the bubbling water and slowly stepped in, sinking into the hot water. It was utter and complete bliss. Khushi leaned back as the water lapped at her body, the jets massaging the tension out of her limbs. She closed her eyes and rested.

Khushi had no idea how long she had been in the bath for when she remembered Arnav saying that he had arranged dinner for them. She climbed out of the bath and grabbed a towel. After wrapping it around her body, she tucked in the end and crossed her arms over her chest as she realised she had no clothes. Now what? Khushi realised that she had no option but to go out; perhaps she could quietly run to her room without him noticing she thought she gingerly opened the door. Devi Maiya please, please don't let him be there she prayed silently as she closed her eyes and began opening the door. She slowly opened her eyes as she scanned the room. It was empty. Thankfully.

Khushi began tip toeing across the wooden floor when she saw something from the corner of her eyes. There on the four poster bed lay a beautiful beige and red saree with matching inner wear and the bag of toiletries.

As Khushi walked to the bed she saw that as always, there was a note waiting for her. She had to admit that she loved the fact the he left her little notes; there was an old world charm associated with receiving handwritten notes from one's love. She picked the sheet of paper;

I'm tired of imagining you in a sari...

turn my fantasy into reality?

A.

Khushi couldn't help but smile as she began to get dressed. Twenty minutes later, Khushi heard a discrete knock on the door just as she was putting the finishing touches to her make-up. She walked to the door and opened it and suddenly found herself slightly breathless and needing to clear her throat before she could speak because there stood Arnav Singh Raizada in all his glory looking tall and indescribably handsome in an impeccable black tuxedo and white shirt.

'Hi' he murmured huskily in his honey soaked baritone.

As her eyes travelled up his body, Khushi couldn't help but appreciate just how well the clearly custom made tux emphasized the powerful lines of his body. Her gaze finally made it to his handsome face. The lines of his profile were sharp as if they had been carved  out of granite, his dark eyes watching her steadily. Tonight, he wore his jet-black hair brushed straight back in a conservative style that suited his strong bone structure perfectly. The man was gorgeous. Khushi swallowed as she closed her gaping mouth.

'You look like... like...James Bond,' she blurted out slightly breathlessly without realising what she said. As she watched his lips curled up into one of his 'let me make you melt' smiles and then into a laugh, Khushi reddened instantly as the realisation of what she said hit her and she averted her gaze as her old habit of her hands fidgeting nervously instantly emerged.

'You look pretty good yourself Ms Gupta... ' and then he leaned closer to her as he brushed his cheek against hers, '...or shall I say...soon to be Mrs Raizada?' he drawled huskily.

Khushi felt Arnav pull back from her and watched as a frown appeared on his face. She looked down and smoothed the front of her sari as she looked at him 'is something wrong?'  she asked in concern. He nodded, 'something is missing Khushi' he said as his brows came closer as his frown deepened. As Khushi began to get worried, he reached into his pocket and then took her left hand in his as he slid a ring onto her finger. 'This' he said quietly. The ring in question was a stunning princess-cut diamond in a platinum setting surrounded by four round smaller diamonds on each  side.

'Like it?' Arnav asked softly.

Needless to say, Khushi was speechless for a change and all she could do was nod.

Arnav held out his arm to Khushi, 'Shall we?' he asked as she nodded placing her right hand in the crook of his elbow.  As they walked to the front door of their suite, Khushi stared at the handsome couple in reflected in mirror by the door. The large mirror showed her Arnav as good-looking as always. Strong, tall and elegant in his tailored tux. The woman next to him wasn't half-bad either, and the most amazing part was it was her she thought as her eyes wandered over her sari clad figure and ending with the diamond on her finger. Wow - she was officially engaged, Khushi thought as a ripple of pleasure wound through her ending up as a big smile on a face.

=====================================

Arnav had booked out a private dining room overlooking Dal Lake for their dinner.  He deliberately kept the conversation focused on lighter topics because he wanted Khushi to have a genuinely relaxing evening after the demanding day she had had. They spoke about inconsequential things like movies, books, experiences growing up in Lucknow amongst other things as they ate their meal. Hours ticked past and they enjoyed each other's uninterrupted company.

Khushi leaned back in her chair as they waited for her dessert and Arnav's coffee. She felt blissfully relaxed. Her world was looking like a good place; the decision about Jaleebi Junction was more or less made, she was newly engaged to the man she was irrevocably in love with and would be marrying soon AND she was here in Kashmir with him! Dreams really could come true she thought with a blissful sigh.

Arnav watched Khushi from across the table, she was clearly miles away, deeply engrossed in her thoughts. He leaned forward and placed his hand on hers as she sighed, 'what are you thinking about Khushi?' he asked.

Arnav's voice broke into her thoughts bringing her back to the present, 'I was just thinking about us...here, engaged...getting married,' she said with a shy smile.

Arnav watched Khushi, momentarily he wondered when she'd ask to tell their families and he knew he would have to tell her yet again that their families knew his intention before she did. Never mind, he decided he could handle her temper; she was worth every bit the growling he knew he would have to do.

Arnav picked up his wine glass and swirled the pale golden liquid in it, 'Have you thought about when you'd like to get married Khushi?' he said in a low, sensual voice.

Khushi looked at Arnav and smiled dreamily as she looked back to the lake, 'wouldn't it be lovely to get married here in Kashmir?' she said wistfully not realising the true impact of her statement.

Arnav slowly took a sip of his wine as he looked at her over the top of the glass. His dark eyes burned with a fire that made her heart race.

'Khushi, you know you just have to say the word and I'll make it happen...' he murmured silkily as he took another slow sip of his wine.

'So I suppose the real question is, do you want to get married here in Kashmir... tomorrow?'

Khushi gasped very audibly while Arnav smiled at her and in that moment, time stood still as he awaited her answer.

how we doing?

Naina😳

Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago