Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zoyadarkrose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Finally the story of Aman & La is out. .poor La,I feel so sorry for her. .atleast now Aman came to know about it all. .Arnav is just amazing & man he do love teasing Khushi 😉
Akash is so much in love with Payal.I love how you give equal importance in all the couples in the story. . 😊
laksh65 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great update loved it. cont soon.
Mel-JTsaripalli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Woah! 4 awesome couples. Loved the story. Plz.plz.plz. Pm me when u update
chetanahooda thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

[This is a members post only]

Hello!

I know, I know This is my second post in the same day, but what a day!

This is a treat to all you Arshians out there.

Happy their Wedding Day!

Also read my other treat post

Passion Become you! Chapter 2

The content of this update is slightly mature, readers below the age of 18 read at your own risk. Consider yourself warned.

Strings Attached!

Chapter 9

[Day 1 continued']

Arnav left Lavanya and Aman alone and walked to the Men's room, as soon as he entered he saw a mirror and his right hand went to his hair. They didn't look over gelled to him; he had taken the coin size quantity that the instruction on the bottle had prescribed. He shook his head and took a bunch if tissue papers to remedy the damage done by Ms. Gupta, but it seemed to no avail as the stains stayed as they were. He at a long breath took off his waist coat and stood in his immaculate white shirt, which did wonders to his broad shoulders.

He was greeted with the sight of Ms. Gupta at his cabin door, with a steaming cup of coffee.

Khushi was looking at him in a dazed manner; the man had a body behind the armour.

He without a word took the cup from her hand and walked into the cabin. While he was taking the cup, his familiar callous fingers brushed against hers dragging her from her reprieve.

'Sir, Aman sir-'

'Mr. Mathur, call him Mr. Mathur, I think I am sir enough in this office.'

'aaa-umm okay, Mr. Mathur I think will be busy for a while and I am yet to receive an assignment for the day.'

'How is my hair over-gelled? I took the prescribed amount.'

Khushi was taken aback at the question.

'aaa-a your hair is short, the prescribed amount is for normal hair' when she saw his nostrils start to flare she hastened to say 'They are nice, but short so the prescribed amount is, I think more than your hair can contain.'

His right hand went to his hair brushing it, unknowingly Khushi's palm itched to do the job and was about to step forwards when he continued.

'Get the Singhania's file from Sim at the reception, they have a stake in the first lot of designs that we will be showcasing, you have to type a memo and mail it to me by midnight.'

'Memo? I have never written one.'

'That is precisely why you are an intern, to learn Ms. Gupta.' She nodded and turned to leave when he said

'Want me to write that?'

She turned and huffed with her flared nostrils, gave him a last look of contempt and stormed out.

Arnav shook his head and then looked at the mountain of files that awaited him.

Shyam had been up when Anjali left for the morning Puja, he had not intended to fake sleep it had been very momentary. He had seen the uncertainty in Anjali's eyes; he knew Anjali was not a woman to harbor uncertainties.  There was no doubt in his mind that she will rehash last night, he was still hesitant.

But hesitant why? He knew he was being stupid, there was nothing to hide. Then he sighed at his inner self probing the answer, Anjali was a wonder wife, amazing mother, hard working professional, beautiful woman and a kind person, but she had a force in herself that denied her the pace he was accustomed to. He knew she would want to meet Payal the second he confessed. She would want to railroad him and Payal too, she would mean well, she always did, but in her hurry she would not tread carefully, their only Arnav could handle her. Today, on this day he cursed himself of letting all of Anjali's high handedness slide, even when he had been fore-warned by Arnav. He should have taken a step back then, maybe then he would little less reluctant to share his secrets with his wife.

At this thought he mentally reprimanded himself, he had very easily lay the major blame for this situation on Anjali, he was equally at fault, of not stopping her and of being a coward! He left his bed to leave for office and instinctively decided to call Garima Chachi to get Payal's phone number.

His call was answered on the first ring, 'Namaste, I am Shyam Jha speaking, may I talk to Garima chac- Aunty?' he winced at his words.

'Namaste Shyam beta, this is Shashi Gupta speaking. It is nice to have finally talked to you.'

To say shyam was surprised at the welcoming tone, was less and he was more surprised that Mr. Gupta knew of his existence.

'Namaste Uncle, I-a Namaste, how are you?' Shashi had know about shyam and his bond with Payal all along and even asked Garima at various occasion to contact him, but Garima had been hesitant. When after the disastrous non-event wedding, Garima had decided to call Shyam to get Payal distracted he had been a supporter of the idea. But on Shyam's late reaction, both their bubbles had deflated and they had given up hope on the long lost string.

' I am fine child, Garima is out but maybe I can be of some assistance to you?'

'Uncle, wo I was hoping that maybe I could have Payal's phone number? It would be less of a shock to hear from me first, than just barging on her door?'

'Well of course, why don't you write it down?'

Hyam had just pulled out the writing pad to write down the number, when Anjali came into the room. Shyam was too engrossed in his conversation, that he did not even realize that Anjali was in the room.

Anjali waited for him to finish his phone call, but turned back immediately when shyam said,

'Yes, yes I will give her a call today.' He said more civilities before cutting the connection, but Anjali's brain was still stuck on the 'HER' in the conversation.

Shyam kept the phone down and spotted Anjali, in his baffled mind he shoved the piece of paper, with Payal's number on it into his pocket. Anjali pretended to not have seen that.

'Hi.'

'Hey' he awkwardly moved towards her and planted a kiss on her cheek.

'You were asleep when I left for the Puja and then Nani decided to go to Chandani Chowk's Mandir, sorry we all left you.' She was saying all of this but her eyes were wandering on the pad, from which Shyam had torn the piece of paper.

'No trouble, I just got up yet to even take a bath.' He smiled at her.

'You go take a bath, I'll ask HP to get our breakfast in the room, and I'll leave after breakfast today.' She returned his uneasy smile.

When Shyam had latched the bathroom, Anjali rushed to the note pad and traced the page now on top, for imprints from what Shyam had written on the torn page. She took the pen next to the pad and started writing along the imprints; she got a broken 'P', perfect 'A', readable 'Y' another 'A' and 'L'. She read out the name, loud enough just for ears and burned with it.

'Payal.'

Aman sat beside a delirious Lavanya in his apartment and remembered her state when he had entered the Ladies room back at AR Fashions. She had cried even louder after she spotted him, he had rushed towards her and gathered her in his arms, to know such pain was a bane in itself; she did not deserve his hatred too. He had picked her up and carried her out from the office, he had used the back entry for their exit, but he knew that they'll be the talk of the office gossip just like the time after their divorce.

The Doctor had sedated her to calm her down; she had not stopped crying all the while. Aman slipped down on the bed next to her and slowly moved towards her sleeping form, then aligned his body next to hers and closed his eyes to a heavy sleep.

'Jiji, this Laad Governor is so khadoos. I want this by mid-night! How will I give it by mid-night? You tell me? Na phone number hai hamare paas na email-id! Humme kya antennae laage hain!' When Khushi looked up from her report to receive her answer she saw her jiji in deep sleep.

'Huh! Hummari neend per toh graham(eclipse) lag gaya uss Laad Governor ka, tum bas so lo jiji.' Khushi in her irritated state shook Payal, but all she received was a disgruntled snort and she fell back into deep sleep.

[Day 2]

'Payal?' Aakash had managed to get hold of her number from the school management and had called as soon as she stepped into the school premises

'Hello?' she let her greeting hang, she knew it was him.

'Hi.' Aakash was looking at her from the vantage of the driver seat in his car. She had stopped near the first pillar after receiving his call and now stood with her weight leaning on the wall. She had a small smile on her lips. He started to smile by just looking at her.

'I like your car.' Payal looked directly at his car, his smile faded as he realized that she had spotted him. He had just managed a gulp when she raised her hand and waved at him. He smiled an uncomfortable smile and got down from the car.

Payal saw Aakash get down from the car and made her way towards him, she cut the call and walked right at him.

'I like your car' she repeated. When she just received a sheepish grin as an answer, she continued 'What are you doing here, Aakash?' A smile had crept over her face with the question, it was an involuntary action. Aakash gained some strength from her smile and answered

'Stalking. You see, a good business man never forgoes a profitable deal.'

'Huh?'

'I saw a profitable idea in your accusation and seized the opportunity.' A silly grin made an appearance on his face.

Payal mock punched his right upper arm and moved away, before Aakash could say anything she turned back and said

'I thought we were meeting today around 1?'

Aakash walked to her and looked into her eyes and said ' 1 was a little too late to see you .'

Payal's eyes grew at his words 'But- but you' Aakash's smile just kept on growing, Payal huffed and was about to turn when Aakash caught hold of her forearm and stopped her. He then bent down and brought his lips close to her ear and said 

'Good Morning Payal.'

Payal grew rigid and turned back, bumping breast first into his hard contours. She immediately stepped back.

'Bye' she made a mad run from the parking lot towards the School building.

Aakash could only look at her fading from, he ran his fingers through his hair and made his way back to his car, he had a special date to prepare for.

Arnav had skipped breakfast to reach office in time, fashion week was fast approaching and there were a thousand things to do. He had just entered the building when he saw the end of a shiny duppata. His eyes immediately closed his eyes, if only Di were not such a nosy person. He had been horrible to her that night, ruining everything in his rage. But Di never left a chance to get his mistakes in front of him to repent them, he had in his days done a lot of shady mishaps, but to actually attack a woman's dignity with words and actions was a new low to him.

But she had ruined his event!

It was by mistake!

She ruined his plan for his revenge on the people who had mistreated him and his sister!

She was in no way related to that revenge!

So why was he taking out all his anger on her!

He mentally screamed at himself, to stop.

He was making his way to the stairs of his office when he was reminded of 'her' huddled on the floor with Lavanaya yesterday, so much compassion!

It was a rare sight to behold in this day and time!

She must surely have had a very protective and kind upbringing. He thought bitterly and almost immediately grimaced at his own words. To be jealous of sheer dumb luck!

He found the report he had asked her to submit on his table and picked it up and started flicking through the pages.

Lavanya was in the studio for almost 2 hour when she heard the door open, she looked back and found a grim faced Aman poised at the threshold with a cup of coffee. She did not acknowledge his presence with words and turned back to her work-top.

'You didn't wake me up.' Aman left his words hanging as he made his way towards Lavanya.

Aman stood just behind her, so close that his breath swayed her hair.

Lavanya gulped deeper.

Aman placed his left hand on the work-top from behind her, caging her in the process and slowly took his right hand bearing the coffee cup to his lips for a sip.

'Aman-'

'hmmm?' Aman placed the cup on the work-top too surrounding her and inserted his nose between her thick tresses, inhaling her.

Lavanya's eyes shut with a unknown intense roll as a shiver ran through her body, Aman gripped her waist with both his forearms, pulling her into him. He rubbed his nose in the rim of her ear and said

'Good Morning.'

He then took her ear lobe into the recess of his warm mouth and bit it, just a little.

Lavanya jerked, but he kept her still with his hold on her waist and pulled her into him so intensely that her feet left the ground; he moved his mouth back to her ear and said

'You know,' he remarked suddenly, 'you have the best pair of legs I have ever set eyes on. Those jeans do the most exciting things to me...'**

So low-voiced and sensual, so evocative of a time when he'd used to say things like that to her all the time. She hadn't realised how precious those kind of words were to her until she no longer dared to listen to them.

'Please, don't,' she choked, feeling desperate, feeling flustered, feeling other senses begin to disturb her oh, so fragile equilibrium with low, droning vibrations of awareness to him.

But he only gave a small shake of his head and reversed her position, parting his legs and wedging her between two long, strong muscular thighs. Her breath caught; her breast-tips were ready and waiting to sting into life at this mere hint that their most favorite stimulus was so close again. His expression was so intense, a raw animal sexuality seeming to ooze from every silk-smooth golden pore.

'You smell of me,' he detected softly. 'I find it most alluring...Vanilla'my soap. So you at least stayed the night.'

Oh, please, she prayed. Don't let him do this to me! 'This is crazy,' she jerked out in rising panic. 'I don't know why you think it will be any different now than it was before!'

'No!' The refusal seemed to explode violently from somewhere deep down inside his angry breast, pulling her to a tense standstill.

'We will deal with this now!' he insisted.

'We will drag it all out into the open and kick each other to death with it, if we have to! But we will deal with this now, La. Right here and now!'

'What more do you want from me?' she reeled back to blast at him.

'Absolution of all blame? Well, you have it!' she declared, with a wild wave of one badly shaking hand, eyes glinting, hair shimmering, slender body quivering with a furious provocation.

'I was at fault! I didn't trust you enough to confide in you! I punished you for my sins! I made your life a misery!'

'You broke my heart and did not even notice,' he tagged on gruffly.

That rocked her on the very axis upon which she stood. She couldn't believe he had actually said it! It was such an awful, awful thing for a man like him to openly admit!

Yet there was no longer any anger in his lean, dark expression, no biting regret that he had been driven to voice such a dreadful admission. He was simply responding to his own statement and telling it as it was.

The truth, the full truth and whole truth-even if it was a gut-wrenching truth!

'Oh, my God,' she whispered in shaken comprehension.

'Now we will discuss cause and effect for you, if you please. For I think I have earned the right to know exactly what happened to make you treat me like that!'

Shyam sat in his car just outside his office and dialed, Payal picked up on the second ring itself. She was on her way to meet Aakash.

'Hello. Is that Payal Jha- I mean Gupta?'

Payal was taken aback with the utterance of her old surname, she had been living with 'Gupta' for so long now rarely did she remember her old title.

'Ji? Aap kaun bol rahe hai?' She immediately shifted to Hindi, to accommodate an old relative, without realizing that the question had been addressed in English, so was her shock.

'Rum-jhum, Sonu Bhaiya bol raha hun.' He referred to her and himself with their nicknames and received the just response.

'Bhaiya?' Payal's words was merely a whisper, her salutation conveyed her shock and the decades long ache.

'How are you?' it was as if his words were said in vain as Payal recovered from her shock and took over

'Kahan hain aap? How did you get my number? Where have you been?' She paused for a second when she did not get a response from him she continued her tirade.

'Aapne aise bina kuch kahe letters likhna kyun bandh kar diya? You told Ma to not give me out address also. How could you do that. Kahan hai aap, humme aapse abhi milna hai.!'

Shyam let out a sniffling laugh at the usual Farrata speed to Rum-Jhum's tirade, he felt like he had been transported back to his childhood.

'I am in Delhi, I had called Chachi for your number, but got it from your Dad instead. Chal bata kahan milegi.'

'Sonu Bhaiya, aap bolo kahan ho, I'll reach there.' Her enthusiasm was such that she forgot all about a bestowed suitor and a frazzled love life and set out to meet her long lost brother.

"What in the hell is this?"***

In spite of the fact that she had been conducting a mental countdown, Khushi  still jumped as the door to the adjoining office crashed back against the wall, sending a conclusive shock vibrating around the room.

She sat straight in her swivel chair, her hands involuntarily pressing down on the stack of folders which she was in the process of sorting into neat piles on her orderly desk.

The man standing in the doorway waving a sheet of paper in his clenched fist looked anything but orderly. The expensive, custom-made clothes could not subdue the sheer physicality of his adrenaline-charged personality. Even in an uncharacteristically conservative pinpoint oxford shirt, nary trousers, dark blue silk tie and nary braces, Arnav Singh Raizada managed to look more like a menacing street thug than the owner of a multi-million dollar Fashion House. He was intimidatingly tall and broad and, when the brilliance of his argument failed to get him his own way, was not above shamelessly using his impressive size as an added negotiating tool, browbeating stubborn opponents into changing their minds in order to stay on his good side, or at least the good side Anjali ji had promised her this very morning, when she had called about the memo and lack of communicating sources.

Right now his good side was nowhere in evidence. The killer good looks were marred by a fierce scowl, the jet-black hair which was usually raked sleekly back behind his ears tumbled across his thunderous brow, outrage pouring off him in aggressive waves as he glared across the room at the slender, dainty woman behind the desk.

Khushi raised her finely arched eyebrows in cautious inquiry.

"I don't know...what is it?"

"You tell me!" he snarled, storming over to throw the offending paper down in front of her with a furious flick of his powerful wrist.

Khushi caught the page before it wafted to the floor and smoothed it out with fingers that she was relieved to note didn't tremble at all.

"Well?" He loomed over her accusingly.

She cleared her throat and looked up, her cool eyes clashing with his incendiary gaze.

"It's the memo you asked for..."

He made a harsh, growling sound in the back of his throat. "I know what it is..."

"Well, then, why did you ask?" she dared to ask mildly. "I would have thought it was self-explanatory."

She held the memo out to him but he ignored it, bending abruptly to plant his lean, manicured hands flat on the edge of her desk, thrusting his face towards her, giving her a close-up view of the rage and disbelief seething in the impossibly black eyes.

"Then you thought wrong!"

Khushi watched, fascinated, as the small nerve which fluttered at the corner of his mouth, which was compressed by the clenching of muscles along his rigid jaw. She felt pummeled by the force of his concentrated psychic energy.

This was a first.

"Well?"

He lunged closer, his eyes snapping with impatience, and Khushi leaned back in her chair in a vain attempt to distance herself from his angry aura.

"Uh...which part don't you understand?" she murmured, wincing inwardly at the lame response.

Alas, her temperamental boss thrived on confrontations, or so it seemed. Full and forceful frankness was his preferred operating style and a civilized conversation was clearly not on this morning's agenda, if it ever was.

"Every damned part! The whole thing is incomprehensible!"

Arnav Singh Raizada was used to understanding instantly complex equations, concepts and problems, both real and abstract. The brilliance of his intellect usually put him in control of his environment.

He didn't like being reduced to common human bewilderment. Khushi screwed up her courage.

"Well, I..."

Ciao!

Love!

Chetana.

Buddy me for PM's.

** "Michelle Reid" 'The Marriage Surrender'

*** "Susan Napier" 'In bed with the boss'

Chapter 8                                                           Chapter 10 

Edited by chetanahooda - 11 years ago
rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Yayy! Me first.

Awesome update. Akash being a stalker already. Payal is in for a shock. Shyam finally getting Payal's number and not telling Anjali. Oh I see trouble ahead. Shyam phoning her, Payal about to see her brother but forgetting Akash. Oh this really spells trouble. Aman and La. First almost doing the deed but then end up arguing. Troubled souls. As for Arnav and Khushi. I see explosions happening.
Edited by rashika - 11 years ago
--Amy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome chapter...loved it!!

looking forward to read more...do continue soon...

thanks for the pm..
segad thumbnail
Arnav Khushi scenes were explosive

Payash heading for trouble and anjali is suspicious

jhunnai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMG!!!!!What an ending...leaves one panting for more!!!!!UPDATE SOON.
N0306 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update.. It seems like lavanya-aman would sort out the issues now..

Loved the entire update..
__blossom__ thumbnail
Just caught up with the last few updates...
One word-amazing!!!!
Great updates...4couples...with 4 different stories...it's just so beautiful...
Though I feel so sorry for Akash...
Just don't want any mu's plz!!!