Thanks girls! Arnav is one smarty pants! 😉
rukuswasthika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
another day of scoring.great
rennie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
would like to see how arnav scores khushi...
Nimie207 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wowww..wowww.wooowww...this is getting interesting...
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
A quicker update .. as promised. 😊

Banner Courtesy: GanBarunFan

"I have thought over this and decided that I would take the same route you did. Let's spend a day together. I will score you and when you fail, I can go on with my life."

Khushi's eyes could not be widened anymore now. And her mouth formed the most perfect "O" of her lifetime. So this was what he was up to? Was he trying to give her a taste of her own medicine? No way.

"Are you trying to take revenge?"

"Revenge? Why would I want to revenge? What have you done to me anyway?"

"I don't know .. may be .. you did not like me scoring you? So you are trying to .. get back at me? I don't know .. you tell me."

"It is nothing like that Khushi. Now that I think of it, scoring was a brilliant idea. Looks like it worked for you. So I am willing to give it a try."

"Don't be silly, Arnav. It did not work, ok?"

"So you are still obsessed with me? Still having sleeping problems?"

Arnav smirked naughtily as Khushi visibly flustered.

"Look, Arnav, I am leaving tomorrow anyway. If you were trying to pull my legs .. congratulations .. you have succeeded. Can I go & have my dinner now, please?"

"I am not pulling your legs, Khushi. Well, it is not that I don't want to .. but right now, I am not. I have told you the truth & I have told you what I want."

"Thanks, Arnav. But I see no reason for you to be obsessed with me. So I don't think there is any point of this discussion."

"Did I ask you why you are obsessed with me when you came to me? Stop looking for reasons. Trust my words as I trusted yours. Just a day, Khushi. Nothing more."

"I cannot, Arnav. I am leaving tomorrow. My flight is in early morning."

"Delay it."

"I can't. I have to join back office the day after."

"I am taking the day off tomorrow and I think you can take one too. I can talk to Mr. Sharma, if you want."

"Noo! Look .. Arnav. I just don't want to do it, ok? That was a stupid idea .. you know it! Just forget it, ok? I am sorry if I have bothered you in the last few days. I .. I will ask Mr. Sharma to get me off this project. Let's not complicate things anymore."

Arnav took a deep breath. He knew it was not going to be easy. He took slow steps to lessen the distance between them. As he stood within inches of her, he looked into her eyes deeply.

"Khushi .."

Khushi could feel her heart flutter. She had never been through such emotional roller coaster ride. One moment her heart was heavy, the next moment it was light. One moment her heart was racing, the next moment it was calm. With Arnav around, her world was a complete mess. She met his eyes trying to understand what really was going inside him. Those eyes, those beautiful eyes .. they were full of multitude emotions. Khushi could read at least no mischief or vengeance there. His eyes were sincere. He was not fooling around.

"I gave you 3 days, Khushi and I am asking for only one. I did not ask you for anything. I did not set any expectation. And now I am wanting to spend a day with you .. for the same reason you did.   Don't you owe me at least this much?"

"Khushi could not stop looking into those eyes – those beautiful chocolate eyes. They were not lying. Even Khushi Kumari Gupta could not avert the honesty of those two eyes. No feelings of hurt, rage or frustration could cloud her thoughts right now. He was honest & she needed to be honest too."

"Ok. Just one day then."

A small smile crept up his lips as Arnav took in her soft words.

"Pam will take care of your ticket booking. I will tell her."

"No, Arnav. I will do it myself. I don't want anyone to doubt anything."

"Khushi .. Pam knows I meet you. For no official reasons. She is a good PA. Don't worry."

Khushi looked at him in surprise – her eyebrows lifted slightly. She suddenly remembered the strange smiles Pam was giving her a while back – when they were all talking about their "Sir". Like Khushi, Pam did not also actively take part in the discussion but she was very much focused on Khushi. She knew! He was not hiding her! Khushi's heart lifted up remembering the conversation she was involved in with the AR ladies. Wait .. she knew? A slight tinge of annoyance hit her.

"You should have told me that, Arnav. I almost made a fool of myself in front of Pam today."

"Why? Were you talking about me? Or bad mouthing, may be?"

"No. But I was listening others talking about you and she was there."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Arnav .. stop being so insensitive all the time. Ok?"

"I have not started scoring you yet, Khushi. Don't try to intimidate me so early."

"I don't care when or what you score me! I just think .. you should have told me about, Pam. I would know then how to handle her, regarding you."

Arnav could read through her frustration. She did not seem feeling comfortable at all. He had no idea what sort of conversation she was involved in but she does not seem very happy about it right now. Perhaps, she had strong reasons for feeling so awkward, Arnav concluded.

"Ok .. If I say anything to anyone about us, from now on, you would be the first person to know. Alright?"

Khushi was surprised to see him give in so easily. She also decided to not stretch it further.

"Fine. So can we have our dinner now, please?"

Arnav smiled visibly as he noticed "my dinner" had turned into "our dinner" within minutes. Good sign.

"Of course, Khushi. Let's have our dinner."

Khushi could sense the extra force he used on "our" but she let it go. She turned & started walking toward the hall as Arnav followed her quietly.

Khushi heard Arnav calling her when she was only a few steps away from the entrance of the hall. She turned to face a mischievously smiling Arnav.

"I thought I should let you know this. I actually have told Mr. Sharma something about you."

Khushi felt shocked and annoyed at the same time. Now what did he tell her boss?!

"What? Mr. Sharma? Arnav, are you crazy?"

"Don't worry. He is not going to kill any of us. You will get to know what I told him pretty soon."

Even before Khushi could respond, Arnav walked past her quickly and entered the hall bringing 1000 watt smile to his female employees' faces. The man was finally here!

Khushi joined the girls as Arnav went on the meet Mr. Sharma. She could not stop wondering on what he must have told to Mr. Sharma. He possibly could not have told about them. No way! She felt flustered as she could not fathom what he was up to. She kept smiling occasionally to the girls as they kept blabbering on how handsome their "Sir" was looking and what they could give to get only a dance from him. She saw Pam smiling at her again and this time she smiled back at her meaningfully. She now knew what Pam had in her mind about her. Her smile was genuine, nothing sarcastic & so Khushi felt relaxed. She would be changing Khushi's ticket booking soon.

As Khushi kept listening to the girl's exciting banter, suddenly a thought struck her. That was it! This would be perfect. Khushi smiled victoriously at her own wit. She excused herself from the ladies and joined Mr. Sharma & Arnav who were talking on their current project. Arnav eyed her and smiled which Khushi also reciprocated.

"Lovely party, Mr. Raizada."

"Thanks, Ms. Gupta."

Mr. Sharma smiled at both them.

"Indeed. See what you would have missed Khushi, if you had not come?"

Arnav raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Woh, Mr. Raizada, I was having a headache .. so .."

Arnav smirked at her meaningfully. He knew her headache history.

"I hope it is not too bad now. Is it simple headache .. or anything else?"

Khushi glared at him averting the eyes of Mr. Sharma as Arnav kept smirking.

"I sometimes have migraine but this, I think, is a normal one."

Mr Sharma vouched for her.

"She can get really nasty ones, Arnav. I have seen her once in office."

Arnav nodded his head understandingly.

"I can guess, Mr. Sharma. Totally."

After a while, Mr. Sharma excused himself leaving them alone.

"Have you asked Pam already?" Khushi asked.

"Yes."

"Great. But you would have to do something for me first."

"What?!"

"Yes. If you want me to stay one more day, you would have to do something for me."

Khushi could see the girls stealing glances at them. They must be wondering what their "sir" was talking with her. She smiled vaguely to the group as she kept talking to him.

" Now where does this come from?"

"I will be one day late to meet my family. I will be losing one day of my annual leave. I will have to pay for one day stay at the hotel. So I was thinking .. since I am taking all these troubles for you, why don't you do something for me too?"

Arnav frowned.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Dance."

Arnav smirked.

"That sounds rather tempting."

Khushi smirked too.

"Doesn't it? It would be even more pleasant when you will be dancing with all the ladies in the floor."

Arnav's eyes widened slightly in shock.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Oh! You thought I was talking about a dance with me? No,no. I want you to dance with all the ladies of the floor. Take turn .. may be for a minute with each only. But you would have to dance with all of them."

"Are you crazy, Khushi? What sort of a demand is that?"

"My kind. If you agree, fine! Else Pam would have to re-book me for tomorrow. Or I can do that myself."

"This is blackmailing, Khushi."

"Says Arnav Singh Raizada!"

Arnav was not sure what her brains were cooking. It was not that he could not dance or he did not. But he has always made sure not to let his employees or others from the industry get too close with him. Khushi was the only exception and looked like the price for making this exception was going to be high. It would not ruin his reputation if he danced with the ladies but this would seem absurd. What reason should he pose for his sudden interest in dancing with them? There are not more than 4-5 female guests other than Khushi and so it was not going to be difficult too. Suddenly, something struck his mind and he could see the silver lining of her craziness. Arnav smirked. It would not be so bad. His smirk broadened as his eyes set on the slender figure wrapped in a red low cut dress approaching him.

Khushi suddenly felt someone almost pushing her away from Arnav. As she balanced, her eyes set on a woman clad in red who had Arnav in her embrace as she planted kissed on his both cheeks. Though Arnav seemed indifferent but as his eyes met hers, he smirked. The woman took a little too long to end the embrace and as she moved her face away, Khushi could feel her blood reach the boiling point.

"Oh Arnie, I am sorry I am late. I had to attend the rehearsal. You know how serious I am about my work, don't you darling?"

"Yes, Neah! That is what I like about you most."

What was wrong with this girl, Khushi fumed. Why she could not just keep her hands to herself? And what was wrong with Arnav? Where did that sugary tone of his come from? Though Arnav was visibly pampering her but he was keeping a distance with her. She however was almost falling over him now & then, touching him here & there as if she spoke a totally different language where words were not enough. Khushi got more exasperated as she saw Arnav smirking at her. She was about to stride away when Neha's eyes finally fell on her.

"Oh, hey .. Isn't this the girl from the hotel, Arnie?"

"She is Khushi. She works for S&S."

"Oh ..! Did she clean you well that day?"

Arnav smirked at her choice of words and tried to gauze Khushi's reaction.

"Yes, Neha. She did. She was amazing."

Khushi glared at him and Arnav stifled a laugh.

"Neha, why don't you get yourself comfortable? I have something important to discuss with Khushi. I will get back to you soon, ok?"

"Sure Arnie. Don't be late, ok? I have been dying to talk to you. It has been ages!"

Arnav moved near Khushi and gestured to leave. Khushi turned and strode away not hiding her temper. Arnav understood and followed her with big strides.

"Ms. Gupta!"

Khushi had to turn.

"I agree to your condition. I will do what you asked for. And then I will let you know what we are doing tomorrow."

Khushi tried to keep a straight face though she could not control gritting her teeth. She spoke in a low tone not willing to create any scene amid the guests.

"What is she doing here? She is not involved in this project .. I know that."

"I invited her Khushi. I find her useful when you are around."

Khushi stood flustered in the middle of the hall as Arnav moved away smirking.

Edited by Omoraboti - 10 years ago
Omoraboti thumbnail

Originally posted by: rennie

would like to see how arnav scores khushi...

Sure dear! Would have to wait a little for that to start .. 😊
Peehu24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
omg! That was awesome. Arnav teasing..how cute! Loved it
Omoraboti thumbnail

Originally posted by: --peehu--

omg! That was awesome. Arnav teasing..how cute! Loved it

Thanks Peehu! 😊
rukuswasthika thumbnail