Artcle~Boogie time once again"NACH BALIYE

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Boogie time once again

By HT

All those who enjoyed the dance show Nach Baliye have a reason to be happy again, as Star is soon to air the second season of the dance show. Explaining the concept, Shailja Kejriwal, creative head, Star Plus says, "Viewers get a sneak peek into the lives of 10 celebrity couples, as they compete with each other in this dancing battle. And since it had fared well last year, this year we are back with an improvised version of the same."

Talking about the changes in the format and the look of the show, Samir Nair, COO, Star Network, says, "The show will now be aired for 13 weeks as compared to 10 weeks last year. Plus, there is an added round where viewers can vote and bring back their favourite jodi. And about the look of the show - the set is much bigger and improved this time."

The jodis have already begun their rehearsals but the preparation is not as easy as it may seem. Says Gauri Pradhan, one of the participants, "It's been three days since we have been struggling to get the act right." Adds hubby Hiten Tejwani, "It's not difficult to dance otherwise but when it comes to choreographed dancing, it's a different ball game all together." But there's more to it than just hard work. For Kirti and Sharad Kelkar, the thrill is about having a great time together. "Working together is always fun, especially while dancing - something that we have a common passion for."

And where it's fun for some, for others it's a learning platform. "Manav is too good at dancing and I am elated that now even I will get to learn the fine art," chips in Shweta Gohail, who is all set to exploit it as new avenue for her skills.
For Ketaki Dave's husband Rasik, it's time to shed some extra kilos. "As much as I'm keen to learn how to dance, I'm happy that I will get to lose some weight."
Keep watching, folks!