Ashish is a lot like DK

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
   Sunday, August 20, 2006

After two years and 450 episodes curtains have finally come down on Tumhari Disha. Though the show was given a generation leap the TRPs didn't live up to expectations. But according to the serial's chief protagonist Ashish Nayyar, the TRPs were not the issue.

"Like most Zee serials Tumhari Disha was averaging 1.2 TVRs which is normal by Zee standards. But then it was the longest running show on Zee and it was the channel's call to close it down," he says. Whatever the case may be, for Ashish it was a great learning experience. In fact he says his reel life character DK and he shared a lot of similarities. "Like me, DK also lost his father quite early in life. Like me, DK also lost his mother because of cancer. And like DK, I am also into business."

Although open to good TV offers, right now he is concentrating on his business venture and putting his MBA in marketing to good use. Three years ago when he was on holiday in Goa he fell in love with the place.

So he thought,  "Why not open a small beach resort there?" Last year he opened a nine-hut resort called Chattai at Palolem beach and now he is planning a small township of 50 beach houses, each of 1300 sq. ft at Palolem called The Village. "Work will start in October and it's a partnership venture between me, my wife Kumudha (a regional manager in an ad agency in Mumbai) and my brother-in-law who is an architect," he informs.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harsy thumbnail
Thanks for the article.... 😊
hello98 thumbnail
I hope he is not like DK though his circumstances have been....another similarity hopefully in future...Village and Kanaka....all the best for him. Edited by hello98 - 17 years ago
Halz25 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks so much!!!! Well if it wasnt the TRP's that was the problem the what was the problem Ashish???
Jaslove thumbnail

More Resort

Look like we need to make a trip down to India, what say Guys😆😉

monar06 thumbnail
Thanks so much for the article

All the best to Ashish on his new venture..Village..
but I do hope he gets good acting offers and comes back soon.
Ashish must have identified with his character DK ...that is the reason..his performance was so realistic..but I hope he is more content, at peace with life than DK was
Halz25 thumbnail
GOOD IDEA!!!! Lets start to pack our bags!!!! 😉 😛
Halz25 thumbnail
So whose ready to come to AN's Resort Im having a hut all by myself Im sure Gulis next in the cue 😆