Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy4ArnavSR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
πŸ‘Wow! tht was a really amazing update...and long enuf to be worthwhile to keep us waiting... ! well, this is my first comment on ur FF... this ff was recommended to me by one of my friend jahnvi.luvs.ASR ... and believe me... i love it a lot... and am so grateful to her to recommend me this! 
thanx to you for writing such a differnet story... where both KHusi and Arnav meeet at so many levels... including thier positions and thier fear  from and love for each other!  <3 πŸ˜‰
great work!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

PLZ PM me..! alredy waiting eagerly for next update! β­οΈ
Edited by minkle2 - 11 years ago
kritash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome.
really loved it.
just gone through your FF and read all the updates in one go.
really superb.
Please do PM me.
riushibabo thumbnail
amazing update 
can't wait for the next update
u r doing very well EXCELLENT
94pranjali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Read last two parts together loved it a lot!!! pls do continue!!

Do PM me...Please!! πŸ˜Š

vedu22 thumbnail
Engager 3 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter 12! Thanks for your kind comments that do wonders for my psyche! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Now starts the 'marriage arc'. Who wants to see how Arnav and Khushi fall in love?

Chapter 12

Shyam Manohar Jha watched with detached disbelief as his brother-in-law had gotten married. At first, he had thought that this was a joke, all an elaborate prank, and that by the end of it, someone was going to shout "GOT YOU!", and laugh about it later. But that was not the case.

Arnav Singh Raizada had gotten married to his worst enemy...the law.

Khushi Rathod was every man's wet dream, that much could not be denied. She had lethal beauty, eyes that drew a man in, lips the color of ripe berries, and a body to die for. He had noticed her for the first time four years ago when she had come over to meet her new jijaji.

He had considered going after her at that time, pegging her to be the submissive type. Anjali had painted Khushi to be a sweet, caring, good natured girl. What his then fiance had failed to mention was that she worked for the CBI, which was even worse than the police. Ever since then, he had steered clear of her, always behaving his best with her, doing nothing to make him suspicious of her Di's future husband.

Now though, now she was his brother-in-law's wife, his saali-sahiba. She would be around constantly, keeping an eye out on Anjali. She was a threat. And for the first time, she was one threat that he couldn't take care of. So now, for the time being, he would lay low and play the part of a good brother-in-law.

***************************************************************************************

As Arnav and Khushi descended from the mandap, Nani was there, tears in her eyes. The two quickly bent down to touch the woman's feet. Her hands rested on their heads, warm and comforting. Devyaani Raizada pulled her grandson and granddaughter-in-law up.

Immediately Khushi threw her arms around her and pulled her into a huge hug that only Khushi could give. "Nani! Now you're really my Nani!"

Arnav stood in the background, watching as she went on hugging the elders, including Payal's family who seemed a bit shell-shocked. She lingered around her mother the longest, burrowing her face into Aunty's shoulder. He could tell that she was trying not to be emotional about it.

Arnav knew that her family meant the world to her, and that leaving them would be hard, especially her mother. He knew all too well how it felt to be separated from a mother. The pain had never left him.

"Arnav." He jumped as Anjali said his name. Not Chote, he realized, she had called him Arnav.

His sister's eyes bored into his own with a seriousness he had not seen in years.

"Di?" He asked hesitantly. Was she going to question their marriage?

"If you hurt her, I will kill you." Her tone was steady.

Arnav stared at her with disbelief. Had he just heard his sister correctly? Had she threatened to kill him? What was this world coming to? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't she threaten to kill Khushi if she hurt Arnav? Did Di love Khushi more?

"What?"

"You heard me correctly. If you hurt her, I will never forgive you Chote." Anjali limped towards her brother and ran a hand through his hair, a smile back on her face. "I can see how much you love Khushi. This marriage proved that to me. I can't believe that you are married to Khushi, to the girl who we hoped you would marry. This is our wildest dream. So please, don't hurt her, because if you do, you'll end up hurting yourself! And I don't want that, for you or for her." She wrapped her arms around Arnav, pressing him closer.

He was lost for words, taking in everything that Anjali had just said, especially the whole "you love Khushi" part. If only you knew the truth, Di. We did this for you.

"I won't Di, I won't ever hurt her." He wasn't telling a lie. He could never hurt Khushi.

She released him, eyes shining with tears. "I know." Anjali whispered and kissed him on the brow.

"Okay! It's time for pictures of the bride and groom!" Akaash yelled, waving a camera around like a madman.

"Bhai...Bhabhi! Hurry up!" He huffed impatiently when they didn't react. Of course Akaash Singh Raizada knew that his new sister-in-law was very temperamental and that she would react to being called bhabhi.

Which is why he wasn't surprised in the least when she stomped over to him, nearly tripping over her elegant attire, dragging his unfortunate brother with her and came to a halt right in front of him.

"Let's get this over with." She grumbled, much to the amusement of those present.

"Smile!" Akaash said, raising the camera. Neither of them did.

Akaash sighed and lowered the camera. "Alright you two, you're married now. At least look like it! Bhai, put your arm around Khushi and Khushi, lean into Bhai. And Bhai, if you can't smile, then at least smirk for heaven's sake! We're going to end up making this picture a portrait after all! Look happy on your own wedding day!"

Arnav simply stared at his younger brother who had all of a sudden gained the courage to order the ASR around. He didn't care if it was his wedding day. He was NOT about to put his arm around Khushi.

The way she fit in his embrace would definitely make him do something that he regretted.

That's why when Khushi snuggled onto his shoulder, her arm around his waist, pulling him closer, he yelped.

Yes, Arnav Singh Raizada yelped...just like a dog.

"Khushi!"

"What?" She asked in a bored tone, inwardly pleased at his surprised reaction.

"What do you mean 'what?' Tum kya kar rahi ho?" He faced her, his arms crossed around his chest. She withdrew her hand from him and placed them on her hips, completely oblivious to the fact that Akaash was happily snapping photos of their 'fight'.

"I'm posing for the photo, unlike someone else I know." She retorted, eyes flashing dangerously. Arnav, much to his discomfort, found himself enjoying this vixen's attitude.

"Khu-"

"Pose with me now Arnav or I swear you're going to be sleeping on the couch today!" Khushi interrupted him.

Her outburst was met with wide eyes from both him and her. What she had just said registered in her mind seconds later. Hey Devi Maiyyan! What did I just say? Oh no! The teasing will never stop now.

Arnav on the other hand, was currently picturing Khushi on his bed, both of them burrowed deep in the covers, her head on his chest, his arms around her, protecting her, without clothes, just skin on skin...ARNAV JUST SHUT UP! He had just told himself to shut up...unbelievable!

However, despite his inappropriate thoughts, he complied with her request and pulled her closer to him, his hand coming in contact once again with her bare waist, sending jolts of awareness down his arm as well as her stomach.

"Happy now?" He grumbled, blocking out the way she felt against him.

"Incredibly." She muttered back, squirming at his touch, plastering a wide smile for the camera while he smirked ever so slightly.

There were two reasons for this smirk.

One was because he was glad that she was as annoyed as he was about this photo. The other was because he had this odd manly pride running through him at the way she melted at his touch. His fingers moved over her waist, gently rubbing the delicate skin in that area. He could feel the how her stomach tightened when his hand roved over it. The way he elicited this reaction from her pleased him immensely.

She was utterly lost in his touch and he was lost in touching her.

"Perfect!" Akaash's voice snapped the two out of their befuddled minds and brought them back to reality. Arnav released his wife as if electrocuted while Khushi consciously adjusted her pallu.

As Akaash was showing the pictures of the 'happy couple' to the family, Khushi and Arnav took it as an opportunity to stretch their strained muscles. They didn't know how long they had been sitting, but it had been extremely uncomfortable, especially for Arnav in a suit.

They made their way over to the empty seats and sat down.

"So we're really married now. In the eyes of the law and the heavens." Khushi stated quietly.

"I don't know about the heavens, but yes, we are married ' for real." Arnav replied just as softly.

Silence descended upon them even though they could still hear the excited chatter from their families.

Khushi looked at her mother and father, talking jovially with Mama and Mami. Guilt shot through her. They were so happy, everyone was. What would they do once Khushi had to leave? What would they do when they learned the real reason behind this hasty marriage? What would they do when they learned that the son-in-law of the Raizada house was the lowest scum on earth?

She didn't know, and frankly, she didn't want to know. Hurting the people who were family would break her. No matter how strong she claimed to be, there was only so much pain a person could handle- emotional or physical, before a person broke.

"Did we do the right thing Arnav?" She asked suddenly, taking him aback. Her eyes never left his own as they engaged in a staring contest. "Is this the only way to protect Di?"

He ran a weary hand through his hair, letting out a long breath. "I don't know if it's the only way, but it is the best one. Look Khushi, marriage...I know it's daunting. But like I said before, you'll be living here now, keeping an eye out on Di. Wouldn't it look odd if you came here every day? Eventually people would come to the conclusion that there was something going on between the two of us because why else would you come here? They would make us get married anyway. So yes, I think we did the right thing."

She nodded, taking in his explanation. He was right. Even if she did come here everyday claiming she wanted to talk to Di, it would look quite odd. Di probably wouldn't believe her. She shook her head. Arnav Singh Raizada had really pulled off the lie of a lifetime. Unbelievable.

"Wah wah Ram-ji. Jodi kya banayi."

"Is Akaash...singing?" Arnav asked Khushi incredulously. She looked at her brother-in-law who was steadily making his way towards them, a grin on his face.

"Yes." Akaash didn't sing half bad, although this particular song irked her.

"Bhaiyaa aur Bhabhi ko, badhai ho badhai. Sab rasamo se badi hey jag mein dil ki dil ki sagai." He ended his song with a bow and large applause from everyone present.

"For some reason this reminds me of a scene from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham." Khushi mumbled low enough so only Arnav could hear her. He looked at her confused as he had never seen the famous movie. She just shook her head at his ignorance and vowed that one day he too would watch the three hour long movie.

"Okay! Now it's time to enter the house. HP has set everything up for a proper Griha Pravesh. Chalo!" Anjali shouted excitedly.

Wait...Griha Pravesh? Meaning that he was going to carry Khushi over the threshold? Absolutely not!

Khushi caught the expression on his face and pinched him causing him to scowl at her. "Don't you dare back out of this. You're the one who decided to get married this way so now you have to go through all the traditions. Rasame nibhaane padegi. And don't you dare drop me."

His scowl deepened, but his mind had taken a turn into gutters. They would have to carry out all the traditions right? Including a Suhaag Raat? If he thought that last night's thoughts about Khushi and him involved in a suhaag raat were dirty, then his thoughts right now were absolutely filthy.

"Fine." He grumbled, not voicing his true thoughts as they might get him killed.

The party of fourteen made their way to the front of the house. Khushi realized how hot it was. She could feel the sweat forming on her brow because of this veil that her mother had made her wear over her head. She couldn't imagine how Arnav was feeling in his black suit.

***************************************************************************************

As they approached the front door, Nani stopped them, and ordered the groom's side of the family to come inside except for Arnav. That left just four people on the outside.

Anjali, who had disappeared for a few minutes came back with an urn filled with rice and coins and a bowl filled with watered sindoor.

"Okay Chote, now you carry her over the threshold and set her down nicely." Anjali ordered, her tone leaving no room for argument, not that Arnav could have argued anyway.

He bent down and swiftly put one arm around her legs, the other encircling her back. She gasped at his quick movements and flung both arms around his neck to steady herself.

Time seemingly stopped as hazel met caramel. All Khushi felt was his arms holding her, carrying her as if she were as light as a feather. His gaze never left hers as he walked towards the door, relishing the feel of her in his arms. She could feel his muscles flexing with each step he took.

Too soon, she was gently lowered to the floor. Arnav made sure that he didn't drop her.

Khushi looked at her mother, unsure of what to do now. Aparna mimed putting her foot in the red liquid and kicking the urn over. Ah, now Khushi remembered. She had seen this scene many times in Indian dramas. The brides did this before entering the house.

Slowly, she dipped both her feet into the sindoor-water mixture. Balancing on her left foot, she kicked the urn over with such force, that the rice-coin mixture was emptied completely while the vessel that carried it rolled under a couch.

Everyone looked at her with shock, including Arnav.

"What?" She asked innocently. "I had to knock it over."

"Yes!" Akaash exclaimed between snickers. "But it's not a football. You only had to tap it over, not kick it!"

"Oh." She mumbled, looking down. She really wasn't cut out for this. Then she realized that everyone except the Guptas were laughing hysterically. Even Arnav had a small smile on his face.

She placed one foot on the rice, leaving her footprint there. Then the other. A smile that could light up the whole room appeared on her face. Khushi had just taken her first steps into this house as a bride.

Akaash hit Arnav gently on the shoulder. "Stop staring at my bhabhi, Bhai."

"What the?" Arnav glared at his brother. "I wasn't staring at Khushi!" Or was I? But can anyone blame me? We are married after all. Don't married couples stare at each other? Payal and Akaash do it all the time. Wait...why was I staring at her in the first place?"

"Don't try to deny it Bhai. You were staring at Khushi. Right Payal-ji?"

The demure woman contained her laughter at her brother-in-law's expression and just nodded. "Sorry jijaji, Akaash-ji is right. You were staring at Khushi bhabhi."

"Oh, so my husband was staring at me?" Khushi asked, her feet now clean of the vermillion. She stopped in front of Arnav, a smirk on her face. "Isn't that nice."

His jaw clenched at her tone. "Shut up Khushi."

"Woah! Bhai, Khushi, what did I say before? No fighting!" Akaash intervened before they started landing punches on each other.

"Tum dono bhi na." Anjali shook her head. "Wait, before we have lunch, there's one more thing. Chote, Khushi, come here." Anjali gestured for them to come into the living room where a bowl of what looked like milk was set in the middle of the table. "One last rasam."

Both of them stifled groans. Wasn't the shaadi over yet?

"Di, yeh sab kya hai?" Arnav asked tiredly.

Anjali shook her head at his tone. "There's a ring in this milk. The two of you have to find it and whoever gets it first will have be the dominant one in this marriage."

A challenge! That was the thought that went through both of their minds at the same time. None of them could back down from a challenge.

Khushi and Arnav got into position, hands ready to enter the milk.

"And GO!"

Khushi's hand dove into the bowl, followed by Arnav's. She searched the bowl for the tiny object when suddenly her hand became intertwined with a larger one. Arnav. She wouldn't look up, she wouldn't notice how his palm felt in hers. She had a mission, and Khushi Rathod never failed a mission.

Arnav let go of Khushi's hand as soon as he had touched it. He wouldn't let her throw him off track. Seriously, how hard was it to search for something so small?

The milk sloshed out and onto the table. They were making a mess. Finally, Khushi caught hold of something and raised her hand out of the milk victoriously only to see another hand holding hers.

Both off them had grabbed the ring at the same time.

"NO!" Akaash groaned loudly. "This means that Bhai and Khushi will keep on fighting for control. What have we gotten ourselves into?"

That was the same question that ran through Khushi and Arnav's mind as well. Still, the two of them ignored their family and stood.

"So, now that this is done, can I change now?" Arnav lazily took off his suit jacket and tossed it on the couch.

"Absolutely not!" It was Aparna who spoke.

"Kyun Maa?" Khushi was very close to whining. She didn't want to wear this sari anymore no matter how beautiful it was. The blouse was too short for her liking and revealed quite a bit.

"Kyunki the bride and groom can't enter the room until their suhaag raat." Her mother giggled.

"WHAT! I never heard of this?" Arnav yelled. He needed to change, his clothes were drenched with his own sweat.

"Neither have I." Khushi added, mentally slapping her mother.

"Honestly." Anjali sighed. "Usually, people don't get married at the time you two did. The ceremony ended by one in the afternoon! Don't you remember that my wedding started at four? By the time it was over, we could have the reception at night and then...well, you know." She trailed off, a blush adorning her face.

Arnav was sickened by the love struck expression on his sister's face while Khushi was trying not to picture her new sister's Suhaag Raat with that snake.

Speaking of Shyam, he was grinning like a lecher as memories of that night flooded back to him.

"Unless of course, you two prefer a Suhaag Din?" Mama winked at the two suggestively.

No, they didn't want that. The teasing would be ridiculous.

"Fine, we won't go to the room, but at least let us change!"

"Wait, speaking of clothes, we need to have Khushi's things delivered here! She doesn't have anything except the dress she wore here today!" Vivek exclaimed.

Khushi realized her dad was right. And then she blushed...deeply. Her stuff would be next to Arnav's. Her toiletries next to his. They would literally be sharing their lives now. He would see her inner-wears, he would see how she got dressed, and what clothes she wore. If that thought didn't put a blush on her face, then what would.

Arnav was also contemplating Vivek Uncle's statements. He was going to have to share. Since he was a child, Arnav didn't like sharing anything. Not his toys, not his clothes, not his food, and most definitely not his room. But he was the one who demanded that they marry, so he must pay the price.

"Well, just have Monty Uncle pack my clothes for me and bring over the things in the bathroom. I don't need anything else." Khushi said, her blush dying down.

"Chalo! Aap sabko bhook lagi hai na? Let's eat to celebrate the marriage of Sale-Sahib to Khushi-ji." Shyam said, his eyes lingering on Khushi's bare waist for a moment too long, something that neither Khushi nor Arnav missed.

Arnav's eyes narrowed at his brother-in-law's lust filled gaze that was focused on his wife's body. He pulled Khushi towards him, his arm around the same waist that Shyam was staring at. Thankfully, she didn't resist. Instead, she too wrapped her arms around his torso, pulling him even closer.

"That man really has no shame." She whispered loud enough for him to hear. Khushi for some reason, felt safe in his arms, protected almost. When he had looked at her, she felt very different then when Shyam did. Shyam repulsed her...but Arnav...just Arnav's gaze was able to send her stomach spiraling, in a good way.

Arnav's response to her words was to shield her from Shyam and lead her into the kitchen, completely unaware that Akaash had taken this opportunity to snap several more pictures of his Bhai displaying an emotion other than anger.

The food was already laid out, courtesy of the Prakash brothers. As expected, Arnav and Khushi sat at the head of the table. What the Raizada household was capable of doing in such a small amount of time was astounding.

"Okay you two. When we asked how you fell in love, Khushi, you cleverly dodged the question. But enough is enough. Tell us!" Her mother's voice silenced the other conversations as everyone was eager to hear this story as well.

Khushi carefully glanced at Arnav who was seemingly engrossed in eating his rice. Idiot.

As always, the talking fell on her. "Alright. Well, aap sabko pata hai that Arnav, Di, Akaash, and I have been together since childhood." The table nodded and she continued. "Even though I always considered Akaash my brother and Di my sister, Arnav's always been different." At this, he stopped pretending to eat and looked at her, interested in what she had to say.

Khushi took a sip of water, aware that she had captured Arnav's attention. "I dunno. There was always something between the two of us, something that neither of us could define until some time ago." She shot him a genuine smile and he hoped that she wouldn't make him look like a fool in love.

"Anyway, it was maybe four years ago, when I had just become a senior agent, and Arnav had just launched AR Design that...that I thought I had feelings for him." She didn't look at him, making it appear as though she was shy. But Khushi knew better. She knew that if he looked her in the eye, he would be able to tell that this wasn't a lie, and that would lead to a very awkward conversation.

"I know that the Guptas will find this hard to believe, but behind the "Angry Young Man" that everyone else sees, another person exists. And that person is my Arnav." Her hand found his. She ruffled his hair slightly, much to his discomfort.

"He's always been so closed off, even when we were kids. He never let anyone know what he was really feeling. But that night when his company was going public, that was when Arnav just let go."

Arnav, on his own volition, leaned over and pressed a kiss to her temple, causing her to gasp ever so slightly. Her cheeks became the color of roses, her eyes averting his.

"I...I confessed all my fears to her that night." Arnav said quietly. It was true. She had tracked him down that night and made him sit down just so they could talk. He found that telling the truth was so much easier than lying. But why did the truth sound so much like a love story?

"Chote?" Anjali was surprised that her brother was admitting this. She always thought that her brother never told anyone what he was thinking, but she was wrong.

"Yes. That night, I just talked to Khushi. And she listened. I told her how I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing, how I didn't know if this company would even be successful, how I hoped that M...Maa would be proud of if she saw me." He paused for a moment, his grip on her hand tightening. "And then Khushi just slaps me across the back of my head just like when we were children. Isn't that right?" Arnav smirked at her and she had the decency to duck her head in embarrassment. "Khushi told me that Maa would always be proud of me, and that if I looked up into the sky at night, the brightest star would be her. Then she squeezed my shoulder and hugged me before running away. At that moment I knew, I knew that the company would be fine, that I would be fine. And it turns out I was right."

Khushi swallowed the lump in her throat. He remembered! He remembered what I had said to him! He remembers that hug!

The table was silent. They digested what Arnav and Khushi had just said with varying emotions.

"So, when was your first kiss?" Trust Akaash to break the silence with an awkward question.

Arnav spluttered, nearly spitting out the water he was drinking. "Kiss?" Him? Kissing Khushi? Must. Control. Mental. Images.

"A lady never kisses and tells, Bhai. Especially not in front of her parents" Khushi replied, smartly avoiding the question. "Did we hound you about Payal? No."

"Fine fine." Akaash grumbled.

Lunch went on like that, with family members asking various questions about their supposed courtship, and them lying through their teeth...most of the time.

There was one question that was directed at Arnav. His response to it stunned both him and Khushi.

"Arnav-bitwa? Aapko kabh pata chala ki aap Khushi-bitiyaan se pyaar karat ho?" Nani had asked.

He had stared at his grandmother for a full minute before answering. "Nani, to tell you the truth, I don't think I know what love is. But with Khushi, something happens to me. I can be myself. Like she said, I can be Arnav, not ASR. So if you're asking me when I realized that only she can make me feel this way, then I suppose that happened when she held me when I had nightmares, told me everything was going to be alright, that she was right there. If that's love, then it happened when I was sixteen years old."

His voice had held such sincerity in it, that no one, not even Arnav himself doubted his words.

****************************************************************************************

By the time lunch was over, it was well past three. The bride and groom finally could change into something more comfortable. However, the women had said that Khushi would have to change back into her sari for the most enjoyable part of the wedding...the Suhaag Raat.

All of her clothes had been delivered and were currently waiting to be shelved in Arn-...sorry, their room.

The Guptas had left sometime after tea, acting considerably friendlier towards Khushi and Arnav. Payal didn't seem as scared of her anymore, even asking Khushi if she could call her 'jiji'. Khushi had immediately agreed because she had never had a younger sibling before and Payal had always wanted an older one.

At around seven, her parents had left, promising to visit tomorrow. That was a tearful goodbye, a bidaai of sorts.

Arnav watched as Khushi was taken upstairs by a giggling Anjali and Payal with Nani and Mami trailing behind. Then, he himself was carted off to another room by Akaash, Mama, and ugh Shyam.

"What the?"

Akaash cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. "Not 'what the' Bhai. As the only newly married man here, it is the duty of the more experienced married men to tell you exactly what to do...mera matlab hai...you know...with bhabhi." Akaash whispered the last part, waggling his eyebrows at Arnav.

Arnav stared at his brother. What the hell was he talking about? Did Akaash really think that he didn't know what happened on a Suhaag Raat?

"Chote Sale-Sahib is absolutely right!" Shyam seemed a bit too enthusiastic to Arnav's liking. Well...the man is a pervert...

"On this night, you will cherish your wife, make her yours in body and soul."

Arnav clenched his fists at Shyam's statement. Did you cherish my sister? Didn't you promise never to hurt her? What happened to that? How dare you lecture me on cherishing someone you hypocrite!

He forced his voice to be calm. "Listen, while I'm so grateful for your...advice, it's alright. I don't need it." We won't be doing anything anyway.

"Bhai...I don't know if you've noticed, but you and women don't exactly go hand in hand."

Arnav scoffed, his male ego bruised. "Akaash, women fall at my feet!"

"And how many have you picked up?" His younger brother retorted. When Arnav kept his mouth shut, Akaash grinned. Victory was his.

"I really don't know how you became known as a Casanova to the media Bhai. Before the company started, you had two girlfriends, and after it started, you've never been seen with a woman except those models who I know that you don't have any attachments towards. Yes, women swoon at your sight, yet you ignore them. So excuse us for trying to help you. This time, you have a woman who's never going to leave, and we don't want you to screw up the most important night of your life up because you didn't take our advice."

Arnav was not sure that this conversation was actually taking place. His younger brother was lecturing him on how to deal with women. "Whatever, I'm going to see my wife now. It is our Suhaag Raat after all."

"Bitwa! Before you go, wear this!" His Mama's voice stopped him from leaving the room. The older man was holding a plain white kurta with matching bottoms. They looked like the clothes that Akaash wore to bed.

"Why?" He asked. Couldn't he just keep his sweater and pants on?

"Tradition, Sale-Sahib, tradition. It's only for one night. And don't you think you should surprise Khushi-ji? After all, she did wear that sari for you today. It's the least you could do." Shyam was leering, much to Arnav's anger. The disgusting man was probably imagining how Khushi looked in that sari. Damn! He should have gotten one that covered her from head to toe...like a burkha, so no one could stare at her.

"No. Khushi doesn't care what I wear." And with that, he left the three men standing in the room while he bounded up the stairs, wondering what the women were doing.

Khushi sat on Arnav's bed which had been turned into a marriage bed, dressed in her wedding sari, listening to the four women giving her advice on...on...things.

Khushi wasn't naive, she knew exactly what a man and woman did on their wedding night. The problem was, she had never done any of those things and therefore was playing the part of a scared, virginal bride very well.

She was sure her face was beet red. Anjali had taken the lead in this conversation, telling Khushi all the intimate details of a man. She had said how at first, it would hurt a bit, but get much better as time went on. Then Payal...shy, quiet, Payal had given her tips on how to pleasure her husband. The worst part was, Khushi was actually imagining herself doing these things to Arnav!

This conversation was leaving her scarred for life.

On one hand, her sister was telling her how her first time with Shyam was. On the other hand, she was learning how her brother was getting his pleasure from Payal. Nani and Mami were just laughing in the back, taking mental snapshots of Khushi's face.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door.

"Kaun hai?" Nani called, already knowing who it was.

"Nani, it's me. Let me in to my own room!" Arnav's voice seemed irritated to Khushi. Maybe he wasn't the only one who had received the talk.

Anjali gently draped Khushi's pallu over her head so that it veiled her face. "Have fun." Anjali winked at Khushi before opening the door.

Arnav took one look at his room and was promptly gagged. What the hell did they do? When did they have the time to put all those flowers there? "Di, yeh sab...kya hai?"

Anjali grinned naughtily. "Are, don't ask so many questions. This is all part of the Suhaag Raat. Now go." She pushed him into the room causing him to stumble slightly. "You're wife is waiting."

Nani, Mami, Anjali, and Payal all left his room, huge smiles on their faces.

"Unbelievable." he muttered. It was then that he finally noticed the figure who was situated in the middle of his bed. Khushi. Her knees were drawn to her chest, her face veiled by the pallu of her sair leaving her waist completely visible. Although he couldn't see her face, he sure that she was as annoyed about this as he was.

"Arnav?" Her voice was hesitant, scared almost.

"It's me Khushi." His voice sounded husky, sending shivers down her spine.

All the annoyance left him at her prodding voice. She sounded so innocent, sounded like it really was their wedding night.

As if he were a moth drawn to a flame, he walked towards the bed, noting the that roses adorned it. Her favorite flower, her scent. Everything in this room was driving him crazy.

Khushi felt him approaching the bed and her heartbeats involuntarily started increasing. Her breath became shallow as he sat on the bed, so close that she could feel his heat.

She looked so vulnerable, so...appetizing. On their own accord, his hands shot out and removed the veil from her head, letting it drop.

Her face was revealed to him, so beautiful, so pure. He couldn't help himself. One long finger trailed a path across her forehead, wiping some of the sindoor in her parting away. He had put that there. The finger traveled down her face to her neck, where the mangalsutra he had placed on her lay. The black beads felt cool under his fingertips and her neck felt hot. He could see how her erratic pulse beat in the side of her neck, wondering if she could see how his did as well.

"Arnav." She stopped herself from moaning at this touch.

"Hm?"

"What are you doing?"

"I have no idea."

She caught his hand before it could travel down any further, wondering what had gotten into him.

"Arnav!" Her voice was more forceful this time, snapping him out of his daze.

He stared at her neck, not meeting her eyes. What had he been doing? Had he really been touching Khushi? Just like a husband would do to his wife of their Suhaag Raat? Well it wasn't my fault. He argued with himself. Her neck was just there, waiting to be stroked. They don't make necks like that anymore.

Khushi watched with mild amusement as various emotions flitted across her husband's face. He might think that he was the sane one, but Arnav Singh Raizada was as pagal as she was. Khushi could still feel his fingertips grazing her face, her neck. She could feel everything he couldn't say conveyed through that simple yet scorching touch.

Finally, Khushi had enough. She wanted to change into her nightclothes and simply sleep, but Arnav wasn't moving.

"Utho!"

"Nahi." He replied back petulantly like a child. What had gotten into him?

She picked up a flower petal covered pillow and smacked him across the face with it. "Will you get up now?" She asked innocently.

Arnav clutched his nose ' the spot where the pillow made contact. How dare she hit him with his own pillows! No, this wouldn't go unpunished! He picked up his own pillow and whacked her as well, watching in delight as her eyes filled with fire and her face became red with anger. Ha! That's what you get for messing with Arnav Singh Raizada.

"You!" She yelled, grabbing the pillow and getting some more hits in. She was on her knees now, the pallu of her sari completely off, exposing everything.

"Yes me!" Arnav replied, on his knees as well.

Both of them used the pillows as if they were swords, thrusting and parrying with the soft things.

This wasn't a pillow fight, it was a pillow war, each side not backing down. If Khushi hit Arnav across the head, then Arnav would do the same. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The two of them were so engrossed in their war, that they didn't notice that the pillows had been split apart, the stuffing flying everywhere.

Three doors down, in Akaash and Payal's room, Anjali sat with her other brother and sister-in-law, discussing Arnav and Khushi's marriage.

"Shh!" Cried Akaash all of a sudden.

His sister and wife looked at him in confusion. "Kya?"

A naughty grin lit up Akaash's face.

"I can hear noises!"

Back in Arnav's room, both bride and groom lay back on the bed, exhausted. Arnav glanced over at Khushi, noting for the first time since their fight began that she was only wearing the blouse and skirt to her sari. He saw the way her chest heaved up and down and groaned inwardly. The women beside him was so tempting, like the ripest fruit for his picking.

"Arnav!" She sat up abruptly.

"Huh?"

Khushi looked at the bed and then back at him. "What did we do?"

"What do you mean, what did we ' oh." Arnav realized what she was talking about. The bed was...wow. Had they done that?

Pillow guts lay mixed with flower petals, the covers on the floor. His white sheets were stained with the red from the roses. He would end up having to get a new bed. It looked like someone had massacred the pillows or...two people had gotten a bit too feisty in bed.

They looked at each other for a moment before Khushi burst into laughter, plopping down on her back. "Can you believe this?" She choked out. "It's like we're kids again!"

A snort escaped him at the sight of her laughing, another one joining in, then another. Soon, those snorts turned into full blown guffaws.

Khushi stopped laughing and turned to Arnav, shocked. There he was, clutching his side, face lit up in what could only be mirth, looking ten years younger, his chest moving up and down. The sound that was coming out of his mouth was one that she hadn't heard in years. His laughter.

She couldn't remember the last time he had laughed. After his mother died, Arnav had closed himself off, occasionally cracking a smirk. It was rumored that his rivals and employees had never seen ASR smile. That was a shame because a true smile from Arnav Singh Raizada was enough to melt the toughest hearts. And his laughter...his laughter was infectious and innocent, just like he had once been.

Arnav stopped laughing, his heart feeling lighter than it had in years. He saw Khushi looking at him, her eyes carrying what looked like happiness. She touched him lightly on the cheek, her one action reigniting dirty thoughts in him.

"You look very good while laughing." She said softly. "You should do it more often."

He didn't even have a chance to reply because she got off the bed to go find her nightclothes and went into the bathroom.

Arnav just lay there on his bed, staring at the ceiling, replaying her words in his mind. He had laughed. On his own. How many years had it been since he had last done that? He couldn't remember. She had helped him laugh.

Khushi. Happiness. His happiness? He didn't know.

Arnav was very still as she emerged from his bathroom and came on the bed again. She wore only a loose t-shirt along with pajama bottoms.

She lay next to him, keeping an adequate distance between their bodies. There was an unspoken agreement that neither would sleep on the recliner.

"Arnav?"

"What?"

Khushi turned on her side and propped herself up on one elbow. "I just wanted to say thanks."

He faced her. "For what?" What did he deserve a thanks for?

She smiled. It always marveled him how she could smile so easily while for him, it was just too hard. "For giving me an amazing wedding."

Arnav's heart stopped for a millisecond . An amazing wedding? There was nothing amazing about it. It was so hastily put together. This wasn't a wedding that one would expect from names such as Raizada and Rathod.

She seemed to read his thoughts. "Arnav, no matter how much you think I'm disappointed, don't be. I really liked our wedding."

Our wedding. They were married now. Well, they had been married when they got married, but now it felt so real. He, Arnav Singh Raizada, the man who had promised never to get married, was married to none other than his ex-arch rival, Khushi Singh Raizada.

"You're welcome." He heard himself say.

The room descended into silence, the two occupants not sure what to do. They certainly were not going to engage in activities that one usually did on a marriage night.

"Khushi?" Arnav decided to speak.

"Kya?"

Arnav got up and turned off the lights, preparing to go to bed. "Thanks." He whispered almost inaudibly.

A soft smile lit up her face. She didn't have to ask what for. She already knew. "You're welcome."

With that, the married couple slipped into deep sleep, unknowingly clinging to each other, still tired from the events that had transpired throughout the day.

High above them, a Goddess smiled at the peaceful couple, blessing them. And then she sighed in exasperation.

Only Arnav and Khushi Singh Raizada could have a pillow fight to commemorate their Suhaag Raat.

Precap: Who is Shyam Manohar Jha?

If you liked this, then please click the like button below and leave a comment. As always, buddy me for Pm's!

Edited by vedu22 - 11 years ago
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
beautiful update only thing marred it was snake loved the update a pillow fight and the family explain to them what happens on a sr i am so going to love who ever see the room in the morning and then th replacement of the bed asr and khushi will never live it down loved thew update awesome perfect thanks for the pm

Edited by dumas - 11 years ago
KaShArHi_Krishi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Heyy

Awesome part. I loved their SR. It was one of a kind πŸ˜† And Aakash..LOL!!! I think I hear noises!!! That was hilarious. Can't wait to see them working together to bring Shyam down. Always wanted to see that on the show. Please continue soon. Thanks for the PM!!

Krishi
Edited by KaSh_Krishika - 11 years ago
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
 It was awesome x loved it loadz <3 urghhh that stupid snake take ur eyes of  Khushi πŸ˜‘ It was amazing x love the whole marriage stuff that u wrote and all that lmaooo Khushi kicked the rice thing like a football bless her and thy all just laufed at her πŸ˜† I can't wait 2 see how Arnava nd Khushi fall in love well it's not that far cause u can see Arnav is sooo protective towards her πŸ˜³ Heheh akash saying he can hear thing ohhh boooi thyr havin a pillow fight instead of a Suhaag Raat trust Arnav and Khushi to do that lmaooo 🀣 thyr sooo cute x update soon Umuahh xoxoxoxoEdited by KaShGurTiLuverr - 11 years ago
fan09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved arhi...
you write really long post... (love it)
thanks for the pm...
Rhysenn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I loved it!! Only they would have a pillow fight on their suhaag raat. Shyam is so creepy...what's his secret agenda?