LondonChick thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
#1

This is a one shot that I just had to pen down. I don't know why I had such an urge to write. But a warning to all who read. Read at your own risk this is not for the faint hearted! Consider yourself warned! Oh and this OS is pretty long just thought I should let you know. Anyways here it is:

'This is all your fault Khushi! All this happened because of you!' screamed Arnav. Khushi could not speak she just stood there rooted to the spot. 'Since you've come since then all this has happened. Why did you even come into my life? Why did I even meet you? Everything was so perfect before. And the most important thing was that Di was happy. It's all your fault Khushi' said Arnav with his teeth clenched and hands rolled into fists from anger. Khushi still said nothing as the tears spilled out. 'Because if you hadn't come' he continued 'then Shyam wouldn't have committed such an act and Di would have been happily like before'. Khushi could not hold back the tears and the heart that ripped through her soul as he uttered those words to her. 'You were the biggest mistake of my life Khushi Kumari Gupta. I wish I had never met you!' and with that Arnav left behind a devastated Khushi.

Khushi could not believe what had just happened. She could not believe her eyes or her ears. Did she really just witness that with her own eyes? Did she really just hear him say that with her own ears? She felt as if she was in a daze as she collapsed by the poolside. The poolside was her favourite place in the entire house because it always provided her with a feeling of comfort for the poolside permitted her to look up at the sky with the stars twinkling high above, where she could spot her parents and confine in them.

Khushi deep inside somewhere along the lines had held herself for what happened to Di but to have the one person who mattered the most to her say it to her in such a ghastly manner was more than she could take. When the person whom you love more than anyone, the person whom you have an infallible believe will always trust and support you hurts you in such a horrendous way there really was nothing much you could do to escape the pain. And Khushi knew this all too well. From a tender age Khushi knew that love, trust and faith existed alongside pain, scars and heartbreak. Though she had had her heart broken many times before it had never hurt this much. Maybe it was because the trust that she had had in all those other people wasn't as vehement as the trust she had in her husband.

Khushi did not know how long she sat there clutching where her heart should be in a bid to try and diminish the pain just a little but it was of no use. Nothing could decrease the pain that she felt from the incident that had just occurred a while ago. 'This is all your fault! Why did you even come into my life! If it wasn't for you Di would be happy. You were the worst mistake of my life Khushi Kumari Gupta. I wish I never met you!' those were the words that kept replaying in Khushi's head as if on loophole. That and Arnav's tortured and anguished face. Khushi knew that she could not change the past. But she could change the present, the future. She wasn't the selfish type. She knew for a fact that she would never ever make Arnav choose between her and his sister because it wasn't even a question. She knew he'd pick his sister in a heartbeat. And rightly so. She would never except anything different from him. Khushi realised because of her Arnav was stuck in this situation. He was right. It definitely indeed was all her fault.

Khushi would be damned if anyone thought that she'd let the love of her life suffer in pain and that to because of her. She knew what she had to do. And with that she got up off the ground, wiped her tears and purposefully walked into their room.

Meanwhile Arnav drove around in his SUV at lighting speed like he always did when he was angry and needed a realise. Whilst driving he had flashback. He had a flashback of when Anjali was holding a pair of medical scissors in her hand adamant that she did not want a baby with that man because that childs face would forever more be a reminder of all those moments that she spent with it's dad. That dad that everyone hates. He then had a flashback back to the day of his sisters wedding the day which also was the day that their Ma died. 'Di' he said with anguish and hurt in his soul with a look of utter devestation clearly evident on his face.

He drove further on as he continued to have more flashbacks. The next flashback he had was of the time Nani had explained to Khushi that the more Anjali saw here the more she'd be reminded of everything. Nani at that point had also asked Khushi if she'd please stay away from Anjali for a short while. He then had another flashback of Mamiji telling him that all this had happened because of Phatti Sari.

As he continued to drive further down the derelict road he had another flashback. This one was of the time he had called Khushi up when he had been kidnapped and told her to stop crying because he was fine. It was also the time when he had been completely honest with her and laid his feelings complete bar for her. It was at that point too which he had told her le loved her…

Flashbacks of them both kept coming his way. The time where she managed to hunt him down and ran to give him a hug which was so powerful that he nearly stumbled and fell from the impact of it. Another flashback, this time of the time they had both fallen and hidden behind a number of cardboard boxes to hide from the kidnappers. Another flashback, this time of the time when Khushi stuck her hand out and let herself get hurt on a twig to prevent it from hurting him. He then had his most painful flashback of them both, the time where she had been held at gun point and he could do nothing because the goons had him surrounded from all ends paralysing him. He then went further into the flashback and remembered how in a bid to get to him Khushi had wrestled with the guy who had held her at gun point and succeeded in getting herself realised from his grip, only to be yanked back and slip into a ditch. Arnav recollected how he heart had skipped a beat when Khushi had fallen screaming his name. He remembered finding her and frantically trying to wake her up.

He then remembered what he had said to her not so long ago. Why did you even come into my life? This is all your fault! He knew he had made a big mistake by saying that. Yes she had come into his life though he did not want her to but when she went to the jaws of death and back what he felt then made him realise how precious she was to him, how much she was worth to him. 'Damn it' he said through clenched teeth and hit his hands on the steering wheel 'what have I done? I need to go home now'. And with that he turned his car around and gunned it down towards the direction of home.

When he got home he raced up the stairs and burst into his room. Khushi was nowhere in sight. 'Khushi' he called but got no reply. He looked around the room and suddenly his eyes feel onto a white envelope on his bed. Arnavji said the envelope. He opened it up to see that it was a letter from Khushi.

Dear Arnavji, it began I know I can't change what's been done. Believe me if I could I would have gone back to the past and changed it so that we never met so that you and Di could both be speared the pain you are feeling because of me. But what can I do? I have no such ability. But there is one thing that I do have the ability to do. I have the ability to change the future. I have the ability to eliminate the reason for all your problems in your life. I have the ability to remove myself from your life. I can't fulfil your wish of you wishing to never have met me but I can rectify the biggest mistake you ever made. Me. I hope that now with the main root of all your problems gone you and Di and the rest of the family can go back to being happy just like you were before… I am not use to doing these things so I really don't know how to sign off. I guess I will just sign of as Khushi… Goodbye Arnavji. Goodbye forever…

Arnav had tears in his eyes by the end of the letter. His tears had managed to fall and smudge the ink on the letter. He walked up to his closet dejectedly expecting to see all her clothes gone but to his amazement they were all still there. He then ran into the bathroom and to his surprise all her toiletries where still there too. What the… he thought to himself. He moved back into the centre of the bedroom. He was puzzled. If Khushi had left to go to her maternal home then why was all her stuff still here? As he speculated over this his eyes caught sight of something floating about in the pool. What the… he said again as he made his way towards the pool. But as he moved towards the pool what he saw made his heart lurch. He ran as fast as he could towards the pool and jumped in. Though the pool was only a few centimetres away from him and took him about ten seconds to reach he felt as if he couldn't get there fast enough. He jumped into the pool and grabbed Khushi's floating figure out of the ice cold water. He laid her on the ground with her head resting on his knee. 'Khushi come on wake up! I am ordering you to wake up now Khushi this isn't funny anymore. Stop behaving like a child. I said things to you out of anger and you took them to heart. I am sorry Khushi I am so sorry now please wake up!' screamed Arnav in despair.

He looked down at her to see that one of her hands was clutching her mangalsutra and the other had been clutching a photo. He pried the now soggy photo out of her hands only to find that it was a photo of him. More tears welled up in his eyes when he saw this.

He tried everything to get her to wake up. Mouth to mouth resuscitation and rubbing her hand hadn't woken her. He had to try the one final thing he knew how to do. He took her hand and placed it atop his heart. She always recognised his heartbeats and he was adamant that she would this time too. But this time she did not. Not even his heart beats were waking her up. 'Khushiii!!!!!!' he screamed as he clutched her lifeless body to his chest.

He knew the minute that he pulled her out of the pool that she was gone. But somehow he had managed to convince himself that he would able to resuscitate her again just like before. Except there was one problem this time. He was too late. This time he had left it too late to come to her rescue. And the price of that he would have to pay for all eternity.

Now all that would be left were what ifs? And shoulda, woulda and coulda's ….

I know it's a depressing story but I just had to write it. There is actually a moral behind this OS which is the whole reason why I wrote it. I hope that's clear to everyone when they read it.

If you did manage to get to the end of this OS thanks for reading =] and do comment and let me know how it was =].

Created

Last reply

Replies

53

Views

13k

Users

54

Likes

299

Frequent Posters

Tia.0 thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
#2
Two simplest word in English dictionary are most painful when put together - Too Late...

Good job...👏
rjhaveri thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
#3
Beautifully written. I had tears in my eyes. I think Khushi has far too much respect for herself and her creator to ever commit suicide.
--Amy-- thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
#4
It was so depressing...poor khushi😭
And yeah it was too late...I'm happy that this guilt will never leave him...
and he will be in no peace...
Great job...
rukuswasthika thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
#5
so depressing dear.but loved your writing
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
#6
That was sooo depressing x but beautifully written :D
warriorprincess thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago
#7
that was depressing, but stil beautiful.
naina
Tabsfully thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
#8
beautiful...please PM me if u write more
tereliyex thumbnail
15th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
#9
*teardrop*
honestly thats what Arnav deserves !
Great OS ! And yes i think we're all really upset with Arnavand our anger is coming out in the froms of OSs
princessunara thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
#10
well done!!

simply said he deserves nothing less!! except it is a pity she had to pay with her life..

but i guess once he came in her life, the only way she could free herself from this tangled mess was through this..
i loved this!

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".