Users

Frequent Posters

iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: deshdeewani

ita beautifull asusuall.

luved it so much.😊

i just luv the concept and luv the premeer of this story.

and suraj is a very cute kid.luv him too.

sanjana is dead but where is heer's boyfriend?

the bear family is very cute.

waiting for premeer scenes.

update soon and 

thanks fr the pm.😊

Thank you for taking the time to comment.  I really appreciate it.  I'm so glad you are enjoying the OS  πŸ˜ƒ We will find out what happened to Heer's boyfriend soon πŸ˜‰ 
iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Guess who   I'm back and with an update

Hope you enjoy this chapter as well...this one is a bit longer than Part One.

Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors

Part Two

Prem smiled sleepily as he snuggled against his pillow feeling content.  His arms wrapped themselves firmly around the soft comforter and he breathed gently savoring the scent of vanilla lavender.  His eyebrows knitted after a few minutes wondering why he smelt something so sweet and floral in the morning.  When he opened his eyes he swallowed hard in panic.  His arm was draped around Heer's waist and his head was on her pillow.  Her silky hair was all round him as the exotic scent from her shampoo continued to perfume his senses.  He needed to move away before she woke up.  He lifted himself up on his elbow and glanced at the alarm clock.  It would be a few more minutes before it turned on.  His eyes shifted downward and he felt his breath catch in his throat.  She looked so serene sleeping there.  His eyes began to roam taking note of her complexion and how smooth her skin was.  He absentmindedly raised his hand up and gently tucked a few stray strands of hair behind her ear.  His index finger brushed delicately across her cheek making his heart thud loudly in his chest.  Her skin felt so soft.  He couldn't resist the urge to run his fingers against her cheek again.  As he brought his hand back up the radio alarm suddenly turned on scaring him.  He immediately rolled away onto his back and stayed still. 

Heer rolled over and mumbled something inaudible as she settled herself into the side of her pillow.  Prem cautiously opened one eye and looked to his left to see that her head was laying between the pillows.  He swallowed nervously and watched her continue sleeping.  After a few minutes he started to worry that she wasn't going to get up.  If she kept snoozing she would be late for work.  "Heer..." he softly called.  He waited to see if she would open her eyes but all she did was breath steadily and lay there.  "Heer.  Heer, it's time to wake up."  He couldn't help but smile when he heard her whine into her pillow.  "You'll be late if you don't wake up," he gently reasoned.  "Heer?"

"Mmm...five more minutes please..." she replied with a pout.

Prem grinned at her words and decided to let her sleep another five minutes.  He knew she had been incredibly busy the past couple of weeks at the clinic.  She was a great pediatrician and was wonderful with children.  He mused that was why she and Suraj had bonded so quickly.  She took very good care of him and loved him deeply.  It made him happy that Suraj was receiving such love and devotion.  He was a great kid and he deserved the best.  "Heer..."  He watched as her eyelids lifted revealing a pair of sleepy hazel eyes.  His mind went blank for a few minutes wondering how she could look so beautiful in the morning like that.  "Good Morning..."

"Good Morning," Heer softly replied.  She covered her mouth as she yawned loudly.  "Excuse me."

"Dr. Juneja needs her cup of coffee this morning," Prem teased making her grin.  "I'll go get you a cup.  Go get ready."

"Thanks," Heer replied.  "I went to bed early last night and I'm still so tired."

"I'll drop you off at work," Prem offered.

"It's out of the way," Heer answered as she got out of the bed.  "I'll be fine."

"It's not out of the way.  You can take a power nap on the drive over," Prem said.

"I just need my morning coffee and I'll be fine," Heer replied.

"No, I'm driving you," Prem said.  Heer could hear the command in his voice and realized she had over stepped and agitated him.  'I'm going down stairs to make the coffee.  You go get ready.  I don't have to be in the office until 11am today."  She watched him leave the bedroom and sighed.  She knew how sensitive he was over this subject and yet she had forgotten in her early morning daze.  Sanjana had died in a car accident.  The driver that had hit her had been working a long shift at work and was extremely sleepy when he got behind the wheel.  He ran a red light and slammed right into her car.  She died in the hospital a few hours later.  The driver was in a coma for a month before he passed away.  He had left behind a wife and two young children.  It was a tragic accident that forever changed the lives of two families.  From what Heer had been able to gather from her talks with Prem's siblings he had been extremely distraught and began to shut himself off to the world.  He had become paranoid about his family's whereabouts and would call them at least once a day to check up on them and tell them that he loved them.  Prem had talked to Sanjana a few hours before the accident.  It haunted him that he didn't tell her that he loved her before they hung up.  The last words from their mouths were "I'll see you later at home" but one of them never made it home.  And because of that Prem never wanted to end a phone call without telling the other person that he loved and cared for them.

Finishing her morning prayers Heer carried the aarti plate into the kitchen for the family as usual.  She was surprised to see only Prem there but then realized Kulraj and the kids had left for Disney World yesterday.  She walked over to her husband who took his blessings and a piece of prasad.  "Where's Ma and Bauji?" Heer inquired.

"Bauji and Ma went to the country club to play some tennis with some friends," Prem answered.

"This early in the morning?" Heer inquired.

"That is what the note said," Prem replied showing her the note his mother had written to them.  "So, I made breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

Prem nodded and moved to the side to show her the table.  It was set for two and a pitcher of milk was placed in the middle along with two boxes of cereal.  "Sorry," he apologized as she inspected the items, "I wanted to make eggs but there weren't any left.  I could have sworn I saw some a couple of days ago."

"I think Ma made egg curry for a sick friend of hers," Heer replied.  "This will do just fine.  Frosted Flakes or Fiber One?"

"Frosted Flakes," Prem answered making her grin.  She knew he would pick that cereal.  She had learned that when it came to cereals his preferences leaned towards the sugary kind.  The children's favorites.  She recalled how he had gone grocery shopping with the kids and brought home Cookie Crisps.  He defended his purchase to the family stating that it had the American Heart Association stamp of approval on the box.  The cereal was heart healthy and wasn't as bad as the adults were making it out to be.  Kulraj ended up taking the box back exchanging it with Raisin Brand which Prem hated.  "You're not seriously going to eat that Fiber One stuff?" he inquired arching his eyebrows at her.  "Shredded Wheat?  Ugh..."

"It's not that bad with some banana," Heer answered as she took a banana from the fruit bowl.  "You have something against bananas?" She asked eyeing the way he was watching her slice pieces of banana into her cereal bowl.

"Nothing against bananas," Prem replied stealing a piece of the fruit from her bowl.  "Just your cereal is disgusting."

Heer frowned at his remark, "It's not disgusting, okay.  This is an adult cereal unlike what you have over there."

"Adult cereal?   Well, you can keep that. I don't want to be an adult if I have to eat that.  I'll stay a kid thank you very much," Prem answered and stuffed a spoonful of his Frosted Flakes into his mouth.

Heer tilted her head to the side and smirked, "You know I'm only joking with you.  To be honest this stuff is just okay.  You know we get this for Ma and Bauji.  They have to have their fiber.  And they prefer this then other cereals."

"You don't have to eat it you know.  You have a choice you can eat other ones.  What's your favorite cereal?"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?  Tell me so I can make sure we get it next time we go grocery shopping.  Kul Di loves Raisin Brand, Kiran Jiju will eat anything, Preet will only eat Cocoa Rice Krispies, Ma and Bauji have their Fiber One, and me," smiling, "I'm like the kids I like the sugary stuff.  But you...I've never seen you buy your cereal before."

"You're going to laugh when I tell you," Heer replied.

"I'm not going to laugh."

"Promise?" Heer requested.

"Sure."

"Cinnamon Toast Crunch," Heer divulged.  Prem's eyes went wide and he started to snicker.  "Hey, you promised!"    

"Sorry.  It's just so unexpected.  That cereal has all that cinnamon and sugar in it...and here you are eating Fiber One?  I've never seen you eat any unhealthy cereal before," Prem explained.

"I try not to.  And you don't want to get Cinnamon Toast Crunch...I'll finish that box in a day...that's why I avoid it at all costs."

"You love it that much yet you're staying away?" Prem inquired.

"Just don't get it...believe me you don't want to see me become a Cinnamon Toast Crunch addict."

"Hmmm..funny I think I've only tried that cereal once...it was a long time ago.   It had too much cinnamon for my tastes.  I'm not that fond of cinnamon," Prem pondered out loud.  He then smiled, "Well, I guess we don't have to worry about us fighting over the cereal."

"I'm warning you Prem don't buy it.  You seriously don't want to see this," Heer replied.  "I've been so good...staying away...resisting it."

"You have that much self control to not buy the cereal but if it were to come home you wouldn't be able to control yourself?" Prem asked grinning.

"Yes," Heer sighed.  "Once its home and in my hands there is no will power anymore."

"Oh, this I gotta see," Prem muttered under his breath.  Heer didn't hear his remark as the house phone started to ring.  Prem went back to eating his bowl of cereal while Heer answered the phone.

Heer smiled as she checked the text message on her cell phone.  Prem was on his way to pick her up from work.  His father had told him to go home early this week because the week before he had been working so late at the office.  She started to collect and organize her files on her desk.  She wanted to check and make sure she had finished the tasks she had set out to complete for the day.  Once the files were in order she shut down her laptop and placed it into her laptop carrier.  She then gathered her purse and lunch bag ready to head out of the office.  Upon entering the hallway she saw a little girl about seven years of age roaming by herself.  She was gently sniffling as she looked to and fro.  Heer knew most of the patients that came to the clinic and she had never seen her before.  It was obvious that she was lost and didn't know where to go.  Heer stopped and bent down as she addressed the little girl.  "Sweetie, are you lost?"  The girl brushed her hands across her eyes and gave a nod.  "Hi, my name is Heer.  Nice to meet you."

Her watery eyes stared at the hand being offered to her in friendship for a few seconds before she looked up and said, "I'm Khushi."

"Very nice to meet you Khushi.  Did you come here with your parents?" Heer gently asked.

Khushi shook her head and looked sadly at the floor.  "I don't have any parents."  Heer's heart sank into her chest as she heard her words.  "Masi takes care of me."

"Oh, so did she bring you here to see the doctor?"

"Yes, but I don't like shots.  You won't give me a shot will you?" Khushi inquired.

Heer suppressed her laugh and curiously looked at her, "Why would you think I would give you one?"

"You're a doctor right?  I mean this place is filled with them.  We're at the clinic," Khushi reasoned.

"You're a very smart girl Khushi," Heer replied making her give a small smile.

"Khushi! Agh, there you are.  I've been looking all over for you!"  They both turned their heads to see a boy of nine years of age marching towards them.  His hair was combed neatly and he was wearing blue shorts with a yellow polo shirt.

"Your cousin?" Heer whispered?

"No, that's Arnav," Khushi replied.

"Arnav?"

"His sister is married to my cousin," she explained.  "He's always grumpy."

"I'm not grumpy," he defended.  "Masi is worried about you.  You shouldn't go wandering around by yourself."  He held out his hand for her to hold so he could take her back to the family.

"No, I don't want to get a shot," Khushi answered and placed her hands behind her back.

"Everyone has to take a shot," Arnav said and lifted up his sleeve to show the band-aid on his arm where he had received his shot.

"Then I'll run away," Khushi replied firmly.

"You're that afraid of shots?" Heer inquired.

Khushi nodded her head.  "I hate them."

"You're such a scaredy cat," Arnav said in a disgruntle tone.

Khushi just glared at him in reply.

"I'm very good friends with the doctors.  Maybe I can convince them not to give you a shot?"  Heer gently offered.

"Really?" Khushi asked in surprise.  Arnav's eyes widened at her words in complete disbelief that it was even possible to skip shots.

"Come with me," Heer replied.

The two children followed her through the maze of hallways to the back of the reception area where Heer quietly spoke with one of the nurses about their charts and what rooms they were in.  She then lead them back into Room 2B where their family members were waiting.

"Khushi!" a woman with a yellow salwaar kameez exclaimed as she rushed towards her giving her a hug.  Heer surmised that was Khushi's Masi.  "Thank you Arnav."  She then looked up at Heer and gave a thankful smile.  "Thank you so much..."

"Heer.  So, Khushi tells me she is afraid of shots," Heer answered with a polite smile.

"Yes, I'm afraid so," looking at Khushi and shaking her head, "And she ran away because of it."

"Ah, well she won't have to worry about that.  I'll give her the check up," giving a sly wink.  "Dr. Benson won't be giving any shots."  Khushi's Masi understood her meaning and started to play along.

Heer moved Khushi to the examination table and started to gather the instruments she needed for the check up.  Khushi looked at her in awe and said, "You're a doctor?"

"Yes, that's right," Heer replied.  "Stick out your tongue please."  Khushi followed her instructions and did as she was told so Heer could check her tonsils, ears, and eyes.  The other doctor in the room went and prepared the needle for the shot that needed to administered while Heer kept Khushi busy talking and her mind off of what was going on in the room.

"So you love dogs?" Heer asked.

"Oh yes.  I love dogs.  I really, really, really, really want to get one but Chachi is afraid of them.  She doesn't like dogs so we can't get one because of that.  Otherwise we would because Chachu loves dogs.  He told me stories of when he was little and how they use to have five dogs!"

"Oh, really?"  Heer replied keeping the conversation going as she rolled Khushi's sleeve and gently wiped an alcoholic wipe against her skin.

"They had this really big one named Tommy...and there was this other one named Mary...she was Tommy's wife.  They had puppies but the family gave them all away except for one...that was kind of sad.  They must have felt so sad...to break the family apart like that.  But then they got two more dogs.  One was medium sized and he was missing a leg.  I think Chachu said he got hit by a scooter or something like that.  And they had this little one that they called Big," laughing, "That's funny isn't it?  They called the tiniest one Big."

Heer nodded her head and placed a band-aid over the spot she had just administered the shot to.  Khushi stopped talking and looked at her with surprise.  "You're all done," Heer simply stated.

"I got a shot?"  But you said I wouldn't get one," Khushi said.

"Did you see it happening?" Heer inquired.  Khushi shook her head.  "So if you didn't see it happen then how do you know you received a shot?"  Khushi looked at her with a perplexed expression on her face.  "Did it hurt?"  The seven year old shook her head.  "Are you still afraid of them?"

"Yes, but not when you give them," Khushi replied.  "It doesn't hurt when you give them.  It hurts when other people give them.  Can you be my doctor?"

Heer chuckled at her words.  "I'll tell you what...the next time you come in for a checkup I'll come and visit you?  How does that sound?"

Khushi pondered for a bit and then nodded her head.  "Okay.  I like talking to you."

"I like talking to you too," Heer smiled.  She then pulled out two lollipops from her pocket.  "Here you go," giving one to Khushi, "For being an excellent patient," handing the other to Arnav, "For being so responsible and searching for Khushi."

"Thank you," Arnav politely answered.

"Thank you Dr. Heer," Khushi grinned.

Heer checked her watch and realized that Prem was probably outside waiting for her.  "Well, I have to go.  But I'll see you both again."  She waved goodbye to them and left the room.

Prem stood by the front counter leafing through a magazine.  He would periodically look up when he heard the waiting room door open to see who was coming out of the exam rooms.  Each time he did he was hoping to see Heer.  His attention was diverted when he heard his name being called.  "Prem?  Here's the cup of coffee."  He nodded and smiled, "Thanks Jackie."

"I think she's almost done.  I saw her walking down the hallway but then Dr. Johnson was asking her some questions."

"Thanks for letting me know.  I'll just go sit over there," Prem replied and found an empty seat in the waiting room to sit down in.  As his eyes scanned around him a gentle grin formed along his lips.  The clinic had seen an influx of patients ever since Heer had come to work there.  Everyone loved her.  He felt a sense of pride that she had accomplished such a great thing.  The irises of his brown eyes lit as he saw her walk out into the waiting room.  She was wearing a light blue sleeveless top and black dress pants.  He couldn't help but think how sharp she looked.  He didn't realize how wide his grin had become when she approached him.

"I'm so sorry Prem.  I hope you didn't wait too long."

"It's okay.  Jackie told me what happened.  So there was a little girl who was afraid of taking her shots?" he asked chuckling softly.

"Yes, but why are you laughing?" Heer asked.  "You're afraid of taking shots too."

Prem gave a sheepish half grin and took the rolling laptop bag from her hand, "Let me take this."

"You know that reminds me.  Suraj recently had a checkup...I think it's time for your checkup as well.  Have you made the appointment to see Dr. Jacobs?" Heer probed as she followed him outside to the parking lot.

"I'm perfectly healthy," Prem replied.  "So, what do you want to eat for dinner?  Bauji has some function to go to tonight and he's taking Ma with him.  There isn't anything in the house except for a few leftovers.  Want to eat Italian?  I know how you love your fettuccini alfredo."

"Don't try to change the subject.  Why do you hate going to the doctors so much?"

"I don't hate.  I dislike," Prem corrected.  "I strongly dislike it.  Having to sit in the waiting room for hours...and they tell you to come fifteen minutes early and in the end you wait thirty to forty-five minutes before you can actually see the doctor...and your appointment time was at 8:00am...does that make any sense?  Besides I don't like having a stranger probe me."

"You've been going to Dr. Jacobs for 8 years now Prem...I don't think he qualifies as a stranger anymore.  You just don't like to hear that you may have to take a shot for something."

"I don't need a flu shot," Prem barked.

"I never said you do," Heer replied trying to not to laugh.  "Well, if you hate going to the doctor that much I can always examine you."  Prem looked at her with surprise.  Heer stared back at him and simply added, "I am a doctor...I can probe..."  She then paused and realized what she had said and what he was thinking.  Her cheeks turned pink while Prem glanced away feeling slightly embarrassed as well.  They had never consummated their marriage and here she was talking about examining and probing him.  They both focused their attention on finding the car and remained silent unable to shake the awkwardness that fall upon them. 

Prem drove the Mercedes ML350 along the bustling road.  It was getting close to 5 o'clock rush hour traffic.  Cars seemed to stream in from every direction as people were getting off work and heading home.  The stop and go traffic was primed for accidents.  As they waited for the light to turn green, they suddenly heard a massive throng of horns honking.  They saw a fury of commotion at the far right lane as a group of cars had gotten into a bumper to bumper pile up.  People were getting out of their cars examining the damage, calling the police, and exchanging insurance cards.  Prem slowly pulled forward and followed the traffic heading home.

Heer bite her lower lip pondering something for a few minutes before she finally spoke.  "Prem?"

"Hmmm?"

"Promise me you won't kill me if I make a request?" Heer timidly ventured.

"Why would I?  What's wrong?  Do you need to go somewhere?"

"I need to pick up a few things at the store.  You think we could go to Target or Wal-mart?" Heer asked.

"Yeah..."

"Really?  Even with the traffic?" Heer replied with a surprise tone.

"Well, we're out anyways might as well go there.  It's not a big deal," Prem replied as he turned the left blinker on hoping to find a way to move into the left lane.

"Thank you," Heer said with a smile.

"No thanks needed," Prem simply stated.

Prem stood in line at the checkout counter and watched rather anxiously as the checkout clerk was almost done processing all the items for the couple in front of him.  He glanced backwards and saw two other patrons were in line behind him waiting.  His eyes shifted towards the far right hoping to see Heer walking back with whatever items she had forgotten to pick up.  He stared down at the cart and pondered in amusement remembering how he use to be embarrassed when he went shopping with his sister.  The cart was filled with various feminine products like floral scented shampoo, fruit flavored bodywash, vitamin enriched shaving cream, pink colored shower gloves, and nail polish.  The checkout clerk finished the transactions for the couple in front of him and he had no choice but to move his cart forward.  Prem placed the items from the cart onto the conveyer belt and then reached into his back pocket to pull out his wallet so he could pay for the bill.  The clerk gave a small smirk as he scanned the items noting all the feminine products Prem was purchasing.  "That will be $36.15, sir."

Prem nodded and pulled out his credit card but then turned when he heard Heer apologizing as she came back into the line.  "So sorry.  Excuse me.  I'm so sorry Prem."  He looked at the things in her hands and took them from her placing them on the conveyer belt.  "I can't believe I forget these."  It was a box of maxi pads, a set of Spiderman children's underwear, and a package of adult sized white undershirts.  "Suraj needed some new underwear and we had to toss a whole bunch of your white undershirts when Preet did that wash that one day.  Left a red sock and turned everyone's whites into pinks."

"Thanks," Prem replied.  "I've sort of forgotten about the laundry incident with Preet."  He then looked at the checkout clerk wanting to know what the new total was.

After paying for their items Heer walked beside Prem as he pushed the shopping cart out the store and towards the parking lot.  They immediately turned to their right and saw two men engaging in a heated argument.  The taller of the two was standing next to a blue car which appeared to be blocking a black truck from backing out of the parking space.  They quickly determined that the other man arguing with the owner of the blue car was the owner of the black truck.  Heer gasped as she looked into the back seat of the blue car and saw a toddler strapped in his car seat crying.  "Oh no...the baby," she murmured.

Prem's eyes narrowed and he moved away from the cart to walk towards the two arguing men.  He was surprised to feel a firm hand wrap around his arm.  He turned his head to see his wife's pleading eyes.  "It's okay Heer," he reassured as he placed his hand on her hand.

"No, please Prem..." she replied.

"It will take less time if I go."

"No don't!" shaking her head, "Don't go!  You can't!"

He pulled back slightly alarmed at the sudden volume and forcefulness in her voice.  "No one is doing anything.  I have to go," Prem reasoned.

"No.  You don't have to go.  Please Prem just go find the security guard.  Please," Heer pleaded.

Prem's chest tightened when he saw the stream of tears suddenly fall down her cheeks.  She was visibly frightened and anxious.  The grip on his arm tightened and he realized his mistake.  Her fiance, Anurag had died trying to stop a bar fight.  "Okay Heer I'll go find the guard."  He gently looked at her, "I won't go there."  She could see the sincerity of his words reflecting in his eyes and she let go of his arm.

A few minutes later Prem returned with the security guard and the fight was stopped from escalating.  The drive home was silent as both were pondering what had happened earlier that afternoon.  Heer felt embarrassed that she had suddenly exploded on Prem like that.  The emotions of what she felt and remembered when Anurag had died had boiled to the surface and she couldn't control them.  She couldn't bear to see Prem get hurt.  The family would be distraught if anything happened to him.  Suraj would crumble and she would never be able to live with herself if she let anything happen to Prem especially if she could have prevented it.

Prem secretly watched Heer as they waited at the stop light.  His mind kept replying how she had cried in front of him.  He hated seeing her so sad and panicked.  At that moment all he wanted to do was take her into his arms and comfort her and tell her everything was going to be all right.  But he wasn't sure if that was a boundary she would allow him to cross.  Their relationship was so complicated at times that it sometimes made his head hurt.  His reverie was broken when he heard a honk behind him signaling to him that the light had turned green.  Prem lifted his foot up from the break and gently pressed down on the gas pedal and moved the car forward following the flow of traffic.

Smiling mocha eyes watched as the screen on the iPad adjusted and displayed the happy faces of his parents.  "Mama, Papa!" Suraj greeted.

"Hi Suraj," they replied.

"What did you do today?" Heer inquired.

"We went to Animal Kingdom today.  It was so much fun.  I saw lions, tigers, elephants, and giraffes.  Did you know that the giraffe's tongue is purplish black?"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, and their tongues are really long!" Suraj cheerily added.  "We also went on the Kali River Rapids and everyone got soaked.  Ketan Bhaiya took off his shoes and put it in the middle of the boat in the locker but they came out!  His shoes got all wet!" 

Prem and Heer soon heard the edition of another male's voice in the background exclaiming, "Hey, are you talking about me?"  A few seconds later they saw Ketan in the frame defending himself.  "I wasn't the only one Prem Mamu...Suraj's shoes got wet too."  The minute he said that Suraj let out a sneeze making the young parents concern.

"Okay, okay...that's enough.  It's time to take your medicine.  The both of you," they could hear Kulraj ordering.  The screen went lopsided for a moment as they saw people walk past the iPad screen.  Tanu waved at the screen and said a quick hello before skipping off somewhere.  Eventually the iPad was placed right side up and Kulraj appeared before them.  "Sorry about that.  You two don't worry.  He's taking medicine right now.  He will not get sick on my watch.  Suraj decided he was going to mimic Ketan's idea and took off his shoes and stuffed them in the same locker as Ketan's.  Unfortunately they didn't properly close the thing and halfway through the ride their shoes popped out and were floating around on the boat.  We got them sandals from the Disney store so they had something proper to wear for the rest of the day while their shoes dried.  So how are things at home?  Ma and Bauji doing well?"

"They are doing well Di.  Everything here is good," Prem answered.

"That's good.  Work's not too stressful is it?  Heer, he's not up working at some odd hour of the night is he?"

"No, he's been sleeping at a normal hour.  Bauji told him to come home early today because of all those long hours he worked last week," she replied.

"I'm glad to hear that," Kulraj said.  She paused and smiled as Suraj came walking back into view.  He sat beside her on the couch and waited for his turn to talk to his parents.  "Suraj?" Kulraj inquired as she turned towards him.  "You want to talk to your parents some more?"

"It's time for bed," Suraj replied.  He looked at his parents and smiled, "Good night Mama. Good night Papa.  It's my bed time.  I have to go to bed early so we can go to the park again in the morning.  I love you Papa.  I love you Mama.  Say goodnight to Grandpa and Grandma."

Prem and Heer said their I love yous and goodnights in unison with huge grins on their faces at the way Suraj was so excited to go to sleep early so he could go out to the parks again in the morning.  "That kid of yours," Kulraj said shaking her head in amusement, "he's something."  She then looked at them and gave a warm smile.  "You two take care and go out and do something fun.  Everyone else is away...you don't have to worry about anything...no responsibilities...go out and enjoy yourselves, understand?"  Prem glanced over at Heer and swallowed nervously.  Heer was shyly looking down but she eventually lifted her eyes and locked gazes with him.  They just stared at each other unsure how to respond to the request.  They were brought out of their reverie when they heard Kulraj talking again.  "Promise?  Prem?  Heer?"

"Um, sure Di," Prem answered.

"Heer?" Kulraj asked with her eyebrows raised waiting for her response.

"Haan Didi," Heer replied nodding her head.

Kulraj grinned.  "Well, goodnight.  Tomorrow is going to be another early day for us.  Got to get some rest.  You get quite a work out going around the park...phew...my legs are aching.  Love you both.  Say hi to Ma and Bauji for me.  Bye."

"We will," Heer replied.

"Love you too Di," Prem answered.

The young couple waved their goodbyes and then turned the iPad off.

Kiran smirked as he entered the living room seeing his wife sitting on the couch reading something on the iPad.  "So?" he inquired sitting down next to her.  "How was it?"

"It was fine," Kulraj replied.

"Got your hopes up too high didn't you?"  She turned and gave her husband a piercing stare.  "I'm not opposed to the idea.  You know that.  I just don't know how this is going to work."  Kulraj remained mute and shifted her legs towards her husband and rested them in his lap.  "Legs sore Sweetheart?"

"Would you?" she asked.

"I don't think I have much choice since you practically laid them on me," Kiran chuckled.  He placed his hands on her right calf and began massaging.

"Thank you," she smiled.  Their conversation was interrupted when her cell phone started ringing.  Kiran picked it up from the coffee table and handed the phone over to his wife.  "Hello?"

"So Di how did it go?"

"Okay.  It wasn't what I was expecting.  You sure about this Preet?" Kulraj inquired.

"Of course.  This isn't going to happen overnight.  Bhabhi and PB have a lot of emotional baggage with them."

"Then what should we be expecting?" Kulraj asked.

"I'm not too sure myself.  It's taken two years for them to get to where they are...it's been hard for them.  I was just hoping this time away from everyone with no distractions will make them take a little more notice of each other.  Make them realize some things that they never thought of before or maybe they did but they never thought about acting upon them.  You know what I mean?" Preet explained.

"Wah, how romantic you are," Kulraj laughed teasing her younger brother.  "I really do hope this time we have given them will push them even closer together.  We all want them to be happy and you know how much Bauji, Ma, Teji Aunty, and Balraaj Uncle want them to be happy together."

"Don't worry Di.  I'm sure they will be happy together.  We shouldn't give up hope," Preet encouraged.

"Sometimes I wonder if you really are 19," Kulraj chuckled.  She then heard some commotion from his friends in the background telling him they were going out.  "I hear your friends calling you.  I'll let you go."

"Thanks Di."

"Aye, don't get into any mischief up there.  I will not be paying for your bond money to bail you out of jail if you get yourself into any trouble, understand?  You'll have to rot in jail," Kulraj threatened.

"Hey, what do you take me for?" Preet whined.

"Behave."

"Ji Didi," Preet sulked and then hung up the phone.

To Be Continued in Part Three

Feel Free to Leave a Comment

Edited by iheartChai - 12 years ago
classyandsassy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
yaaay ... i'm d 1st one 2 cmmnt ... though i'm a silent reader bt i think ur writings have compelled me 2 cmmnt ...  tht's a briiliant part & thnx for d PM ... btw i luvd ur all other FF's & SS's as well ... dey r as gd as this πŸ˜Š
sowmya18 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved the part grace di...
thanks for update...
u remember about the ff rgt...???
thanks for the pm...
-Xpress- thumbnail
Really loved the earl morning scene..  😊 how prem reacted when the alarm went off..πŸ˜†and the breakfast was cute loved it how they spend their time together..
I had got a feeling when i started reading this part that there has been some planning to get heer and prem together... and it was right...πŸ˜ƒhope their will be totally successful...πŸ˜ƒ

the whole part was really interesting..awesome..

looking forward to the next..hope yo will surprise us with an early update..πŸ˜‰ continue soon..πŸ˜ƒ

thanks for the pm..

take care
MeraCheekuVirat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
That was cute Prem not allowing Heer to drive and Heer not allowing Prem to step into the fightin coz of their past.
Prem and Heer both feel something for each other. they are yet to realise that something is love. =D
thnx a ton for the pm Grace di. update soon. =D
-Abigail- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This is Great Grace!
Loved the first part! a very unique concept!

Really looking forward to see how Prem-Heer's relationship will gradually develop! It will be an interesting ride, and I know you will surprise us with every update! 
Suraj is sooo adorable! awww his teddy family!

and I loved the Prem and Heer scene with their lost loves! very well written!

P.S. I miss talking to you! πŸ˜” Hope your doing well!

-Love Abby πŸ˜³ <3
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very nice update ,hope to read 3 part soon.
kiran_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow nice update yaar
morning scenes was awsme😳
love khushi nd arnav
waiting 4 more premeer's scenes
thnx 4 pm
cont soon
Smart_Baby thumbnail
Nice part. thnk u for pm