Pattinson to star in Saddam movie

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Monday, May 7, 2012 by Sherna Noah
Pattinson to star in Saddam movie
Heart-throb to play US interrogator who spearheaded dictator's capture

Twilight star Robert Pattinson is set to play the man who spearheaded the hunt to track down Iraq's former dictator Saddam Hussein, according to reports.
The 25-year-old British actor, who shot to fame as vampire Edward Cullen, has signed up to star as a US military interrogator in his next big-screen role, in the psychological thriller Mission: Blacklist.
Mr Pattinson will play Eric Maddox, whose interrogations led to the capture of Hussein in a hole at a farmhouse near his hometown of Tikrit, by US forces in December 2003.
He pinpointed Hussein's location while assigned to a special operations task force in Tikrit, just hours before his tour was due to end. Mr Pattinson's new film is based on the book, written by Maddox and Davin Seay, Mission: Black List #1: The Inside Story Of The Search For Saddam Hussein - As Told By The Soldier Who Masterminded His Capture.
Producer Ross M. Dinerstein said the film would be "a gripping, edge-of-your-seat thriller" and that Mr Pattinson and the film's director Jean-Stephane Sauvaire wanted "to tell this story in the most authentic way possible", Deadline reported.
Mr Pattinson has recently been re-shooting technical scenes for Breaking Dawn: Part 2, the final film in the Twilight franchise.
His new film, Cosmopolis, directed by David Cronenberg, will be shown in competition at the Cannes film festival later this month.

i donno why i cant stop laughing since i sa this in TOI i mean they gave the less details and i was like what he is gonna play saddam .. hahaha and then i googled and sa he will be playing the task officer .. huh thud*

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pandas795 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What an awful picture of Robert! They could not use a better picture other than the one with his mouth open? XD
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
😆Ash u thot he ll play saddam...hahaha😆