No flight of fancy-Rakshanda

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

No flight of fancy

WE'RENOTTHIRDWORLD: Rakshanda Khan

Rakshanda Khan is shocked by the appalling and inhospitable state of American domestic airlines
Tushar Joshi
[email protected]

She's currently recovering from the jet lag of her recent trip to America. Rakshanda Khan says that her trip to the States opened her eyes to the appalling state of the airline industry in the country. "They should take some lessons from us for customer service and hospitality. The standard of domestic airlines in America is really bad. Not only are the flights delayed for hours, but the airport shuts down at 9.30 pm, which means you are left stranded and starving without any food or water."
I love my India
Rakshanda was shocked when she was refused even a glass of water on one of the American airlines she travelled in. "I was going to Nashville from Washington, and they didn't even serve us water on the aircraft. There are some flights that sell food and drinks, but most of them don't have such amenities."
The actress adds that America should really give a thought to restructuring the system of their domestic flights, before calling India a third-world country. "We are much better equipped and hospitable than the Americans. I have travelled around the world, and trust me, there is no country as warm and friendly as India."
Travel junkie
Known to have a penchant for travelling, Rakshanda will soon by flying to Istanbul for only 48 hours. "I do a lot of shows around the world. But my schedule is such that it doesn't let me spend enough time in a particular country. I remember being in Cairo for just 36 hours. Thankfully, I was staying close to the Nile, so I could enjoy the view. I rushed to see the Sphinx and got back in a hour to fly back."
Spanish sojourn
Khan was also planning a trip to Spain with buddies Gauri Pradhan and Riva Bubber, but had to cancel due to their hectic schedules. "I had even made inquiries and bookings, but Gauri and Riva have block dates, which they could not adjust. Also, next month is Ganesh Chaturthi, so Gauri will be busy with the preparations for the festival in her new house. After that, I will be held up by Ramzan."
At the moment, Rakshanda is excited about her track in Kasamh Se. "We will be shooting the Park Road sequences soon. Right now, I'm stuck at home because of the news of rioting spreading across the city. I have to rush to Film City from Lokhandwala, but I don't know what the situation is like outside."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelydil4u thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
i do agree w/rakshanda khan abt da domestic thing...da food is yucky n dey dont serve ns tuff