Sanyomg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I just thought of getting all the DKDM articles together...😊
Devo Ke Dev - Mahadev is a religious program aired on the Life OK Channel. The program showcases the story of Lord Shiva, the most powerful God within the Hindu culture. The show portrays his journey from a hermit to a house holder. Sati who is the daughter of Daksh, a staunch Lord Vishnu devotee, is drawn to Shiva against the wishes of her father. The mesmerizing journey follows, of Sati falling in love with Shiva, her point of view of the Mahadev, the most charismatic God of Hindu mythology. The show went on air on 18 December, 2011 and is currently broadcast every day from 8:00 to 8:20 PM

Kashmir-born model-turned-actor Mohit Raina on how he connects with Lord Shiva, the deity he plays in the LifeOk show

For someone whose earliest memories are of hordes of devotees—and he even joined them—proceeding towards the Amarnath shrine, it was a humbling experience to be playing the deity in Devo ke Dev Mahadev, on the newly launched TV channel LifeOk.

"Being born and brought up in Kashmir obviated proximity with and devotion to Lord Shiva, but honestly, I was reluctant to play the role when it was offered to me," says Mohit Raina, who shot to fame after winning the Grasim Mr India title in 2006. "I had reservations about accepting the role because I was not sure how it would shape up. But, once I got to know about the kind of research that has gone into the making of the series, I was impressed. The serial focuses on the romantic side of the deity rather than his famous ferocious form. The peg of the story, as you can see in the current episodes, is the love of Sati and Shiva and the characterisation is life-like, not overbearing," says Raina, who was seen in a couple of television series and two non-starter films. "I read up a lot, including the books by Amish Tripathi in which Shiva is depicted like an ordinary mortal. But the real preparation was to put on weight in order to look powerful," says the model, who always aspired to be an actor.

Who says two actresses cannot be great friends? Well, you folks don't believe us, then come to the sets of Nikhil Sinha's new show on Life OK Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and see it for yourself. Your misconceptions will be wiped out within moments. The two leading ladies in the show Mouni Roy (who is portraying Sati) and Charu Asopa (who is playing Revati's character), have become best of buddies.

"Me and Mouni are very good friends. We do chat a lot on every possible topic on this earth. We are gelling with each other very well," says Charu. Recently during Christmas time, Mouni also gifted Charu a lovely dress which she felt was a very nice gesture. "I hope the friendship continues in the future," says she.

Charu - has acted in shows like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and others – is excited to play a part in a mythological show for the first time in her career.

"The set Chandralok which is put up in Naigaun is absolutely stunning. One should see it to believe what I am saying. The costumes are very nice and you get a feeling of royalness once you wear them."

She definitely sounds excited. We love it. Charu, enjoy your stint in Mahadev!!!

TV actors often go from strength to strength to look their character. And Surendra Pal did just the same for his character Prajapati Daksh in Triangle Film Companies' Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired on Life OK. Want to know how then read on.

To look like his character Surendra gained 16 kilos. "I had to play a pandit and pandits are usually fat. I wouldn't have looked convincing with a body of an army officer while I play a purohit. Hence I took the task seriously and gained some weight," reveals Surendra. And though gaining weight may sound to be an easy task, but that is definitely not the case, at least for him. The truth is gaining weight is not difficult when you are young, but for a veteran like Surendra it must have definitely been a task. And Surendra agrees to it, but says "I am kicked about this role and hence I wanted to take this step of putting on some kilos. I feel when you look convincing as a character half the battle is won." He also adds that he is very happy with the kind of approach the channel and the production house have.

In fact, Surendra whose last mythological show was Mahabharat that was aired on Doordarshan is glad to be a part of another such series after two decades. He didn't take up any such shows in between, because he wasn't happy with the kind of work that was offered to him

Rakshanda Khan, who was seen in shows like SAB TV's Ammaji Ki Galli and Colors' Phulwa, will soon be seen onscreen again in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired on Life OK. "I will play Madinike, who is Sati's dance teacher," says Rakshanda and adds that her character is very vibrant and she is very happy playing this role.

In fact, she is also happy with the kind of roles she has done till date. "I have played varied characters and there's hardly anything left for me to try now," adds the actress. And talking about mediums, she feels TV is just right for her. "In films, you do not have the scope to play two different characters at once, but with TV that is possible," she says referring to the two characters she played in the recent times.

Coming back to her character in Devon Ke Dev, she tells Tellychakkar.com that Madinike will help Sati openly accept her love for Mahadev and will be very flirtatious; "but she knows where to draw the line and doesn't encourage men," clarifies the actress. While Rakshanda is happy to be playing this character, there's something she is not so happy about. "I have to wear lots of jewellery to portray this character which in totality weigh around twenty kilos. I just fear I might get spondylitis," jokes Rakshanda. That's heavy. And how much time does she take to get ready to play Madinike, "Approximately two and a half hours," she informs

Nikhil and Suhana Sinha's Triangle Film Company's new mythological offering Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev on Life OK has been in news for quite a while now. The latest news that is floating from the sets is that Shalini Kapoor , who was last seen in Geet as the protagonist's mother, has been roped in to play the character of Prasuti, Daksh's wife in the show.

This new offering is based on the life of Hindu Lord Shiva and has Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy in the lead. The story revolves around the fight between Shiva and Daksh. Elaborating on her character Shalini says, "Daksh is very proud of himself and my character will make him realise the difference between right and wrong. It is not a cameo but a full-fledged character." She will playing a loving and caring wife.

In fact, Shalini loves doing mythological stories: "That is the reason why I took up Mahadev after Jai Maa Durga. It's a beautiful character and I wanted to do something different after my pregnancy break so I took up this role.
Producer Nikhil Sinha's Dev O Ka Dev Mahadev on LIfe Ok is gaining in popularity with every passing day.👏👏🥳And one actor who is basking in glory is Surbhi Shukla, the lady who is playing Rohini's character in the show. Incidentally this is not Surbhi's first mythological show. She has already done a show titled Suryapuran on Pragya channel.

Surbhi is also waiting for her first Bhojpuri film as a lead to release soon. Though she has done other films, this is the first one as a lead. ""Initially I was selected to play the character of Revati but later on the creative team thought that I would fit better in this.I was delighted to accept that.

Everyone in my family, including me, is very spiritual and when this one came my way I said Yes without thinking anything."" Surbhi feels the story of Mahadev narrates many untold, unheard stories on Lord Shiva and that is the reason it is gaining in popularity
Swati Pande, has never shied away from experimenting with variety. What else explains a body of work that ranges from Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi to Pavitra Rishta, Behenein, Rang Badalti Odhani, Kayamath, to the most recent Mahadev on the newly revamped StarOne that is now called Life OK.
HOPE I DIDNT MISS MANY😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
we already have an article archive dear..
all the articles are posted there!
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely Thank you so much..👍🏼
asmuasmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

aww!! u ve shown effort bt we ve dis threat b4!!