Shiv's worship and Daksh's Shraap

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Can some one enlighten me  when Daksh gives a Shraap to Shiv, and we still worship Shiv Ling in the temples.

I couldn't follow that part

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ary42 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
the shraap had no effect that's why i think.
Edited by ary42 - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

In pruran's this story is mentioned this way, once Daksh arranged a mahayagya, every one including Brhmaji, Shivji, Sati were present, this was after Shivji's marriage. When daksh entered the place everyone got up except Brhmaji & Shivji. Brhmaji being his father, Daksh didn't say anything but he got angry at Shivji, inspite of being his SIL he didn't get up. So he started insulting Shivji on his look, way of living. He cursed shivji that he will not be worshiped any more. Nandi got enraged at Daksh, he cursed him that he will become goat faced. Bhrigu too joined he cursed Shivji's followers will be wandering every where. While all this countercursing was going on Shivji remained calm, he told Nandi, due to lack of knowledge you have cursed Daksh, a brahmin, but his curse will not affect us. Hearing this Nandi calmed down.

Here too, though they are not showing this story but the curse part is same, so as per the original version,  Daksh's curse will not affect Shivji.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thnaks a lot for clarifying , I wish they show all instances if Shiv's life but they have more focus on Shiv and Sati story so I think they will show the needful