Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: 6thelement

She couldn't entirely make anything of it, when she didn't know what she was erasing out and what she was writing then in the book of her destiny.

Favorite line in this update. 

Originally posted by: 6thelement

Sheblinked a few times while he made it sound like a defect and then she saw his eyes slightly widen with undeclared panic. His forehead creased, eyes crinkled and his full mouth came up into a slow pout. All of which was a mirror image of how she'd framed her face and once the realization came to her, a sudden burst of laughter forced its way out of her lips, washing along with it the inane look on his face.

These unadulterated moments of laughter and spontaneity make up so much of true relationships.  Of all the things they did together, tree decorating, eating together, watching the movie, this one was my favorite moment.

LOVED THE UPDATE. 
Edited by ucompleteme - 12 years ago
LuvScooby thumbnail
There was so much warmth in this update, maybe christmas magic afterall.  It was very serene. 
I liked that there was mention of woman on rebound b/c I'm sure that thought crosses in your mind if you were to encounter such a person.  Whatever the fate maybe, I'm just being hopeful...afterall, all disney tales should end with "Happily Ever After."
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
loved it and indeed an awesome update .
SiniHanda thumbnail
Sigh... need to find my man to lean onto. Beautiful 👏
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Great update!

What are they really heading towards... is it just attraction or there is more to it than just physical pull. Maan doesn't want to be a getaway from loneliness for Geet... hope they both are not taking it as something casual.

She must have got them before her trip to Seattle and now they held a memory of her past, in their dying hues that crumbled under his touch.

Is this line suggestive of how the memories of her past with Abhinav are going to be wiped out with Maan's presence in her life... there is a positive vibe to it, I feel.

Can't wait to know what turn their companionship takes... Do continue soon.
Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Loving the updates Hasini...  This one was a Hot Chocolate one but with a little more cocoa... 😉 😳

Part 17: Tring-a-ling-a-Tring

His feet closed in around her, sensing her doubts in having accessed the intimacy they hadn't fully come to acknowledge; she pictured him like the first caress of a warm winter sun's rays that a hesitant rose bud needed to bloom. Oddly enough the dread of nervousness disappeared to show her surrender. Her neck stayed over his shoulder and she felt a twitch there that needed her to rock back deeper in his hold. Before she knew, she felt him nuzzling by the curve of her neck making her smile a crack.

"Why am I all this nervous and restless when I'm away from you and then when I feel you around me there is this stillness in my thoughts..." She managed to whisper, all the while struggling with the flow of it, "stillness in what I feel and in my whole being?"

Her hand reached up to his ear, as her eyes closed down, grabbing his lock of hair and running her hands over them at once, not knowing if she wanted to pull him away from giving her that succulent sensation of warmth there or to duly feel his abrading chin that was sending soft sparks down her body.

He briefly looked her in profile, pausing for a second and said, "Because..." He left his words unfinished and then she heard him finish it in the words he whispered back in the touch of his lips to her skin, by the curve above her shoulder. There was an understanding that she hadn't gained earlier and felt them profoundly descend down the layers she knew not were there.

His hand left their web of tangled fingers and wrapped them around the narrow of her waist, hugging her to his body in a maddening frenzy. The force of his crush rooted her slightly from the floor, while her toes curled digging them into the carpet feeling his arms wickedly close to the under flesh of her breasts.

It felt as if she'd taken a wrong turn in the green of overgrown woods; a turn that could take her nowhere. But the more it felt wrong it also felt right when she realized she really didn't have a place in mind that she was originally heading to. How could anyone heading nowhere be winding low on the wrong trail? A trail of longing and arousal that came with its delicate pull of something in the likes of an addiction.

His cellphone ran as a warning, throwing them into a jerk and to slowly pull apart. She couldn't picture how thankful she was for the call having come in just that one instant and not before. There were still a full second away from having reached the crossover after which there was only acquiescence. But had it been any other way and they had come off that intimate setting with having to face each other without the welcomed distraction, she would have shrunk with embarrassment. Perhaps, he would have too.

Upon reading the caller's number, he picked up the cellphone and walked into the bedroom without asking her. There was an urgency to his step, that made her want to follow him at first, but later had her decide against and instead give him the space he'd taken upon himself by wandering off into the house.

She took the bowls of soup back to the kitchen and heard him pace back and forth the length of the room. Occasionally a vehement 'No..." or "That's not what I had meant" resounded from the walls. Feeling unhealthy to listen in, she went back to the living room and sat down on the carpet by the floor, pulling a nearby throw to cover her sockless feet.

He sat back on the edge of her bed, once the call was done. He couldn't help but sweep across the room and a few seconds later caught himself staring at the bookshelf in front of him. The collection was all over from romance to poetry to philosophy with a large collection of science books on the bottom shelf. It strangely took his mind off the without having to assimilate what he'd just heard, to observe the spines of thick volumes decorated with images of Erlyn-Meyer's flasks, pipettes, atom structures and chemical formulae. And that took him to a time when life didn't entail the complications it came with now. A thin rectangular book, oddly in its place between the edifying set of books, stuck out and he picked it up.

It was her yearbook from high school and before long he was scanning the pages, looking for a familiar picture to go past him. When he reached the end of the book, he was slightly disconcerted and started the once over again. As it were, he was unreasonably certain he'd missed her photo in a hurry. Then he saw the familiar eyes in a ruffle of pages, masked behind a thick black frame with a wispy smile that could only be normal for a teenager in braces. The black and white photo reeked of solitary confinements to her bedroom on Friday nights; of being love struck and eagerly watch the best guy in school pass her in the hallway from being invisible - the school outcast, if she'd been through the worst.

He shut the book with an uncalled for frustration and placed it back in position. Wherever it is he would go from here, this image would remain with him. Soften him up for her, unbeknownst. There was no denying that he was the farthest thing she'd ever come from that safe sheltered path she'd been convinced to be on for a long time.

Going back into the living area, he found her seated to start with and get to her feet the next second. Her fingers twisted in a fumble and he spoke with an obvious hesitation that further seemed to confuse her; as if she was beginning to speculate if he'd just peeked into a secret that was meant to be withheld from anyone who was to see her differently.

"I have to go now...Geet. There is something that has come up" He said, waving his cell phone.

"Is everything ok?" Again, there was that concern in her shaky voice that she could spare for any number of people at once.

He nodded and walked to the door to get his shoes on. "Thanks for the soup"

"Thanks for helping with..." She was smiling to herself with a teasing roll of her eyes, "with the tree"

He nodded and he was about to step out the door, when he stopped short and begun tapping his pockets. "Oh!" He said turning around with a light in his eyes that must have told her that he was already aware of what he must have left behind. "There is one more thing"  

Within a blink of her eye, he had her against the wall and his lips closed in on hers. She responded despite the initial shock, after overcoming from the awkward roll of their lips together and then soon moving onto a rhythm that matched his. What was meant to be a goodbye kiss, was consuming him from the inside out; her hungry reach of hands recreating the same heady, swarming feeling from minutes ago; like his blood was now rushing from a sudden craze that was igniting his senses. Her body lengthened from the unconscious thrust of his body, making him acquaint with the same heat that slightly began to arch hers, having him feel the rise and fall of her body in those abated breaths.

His hand traced the slender curving path down her sides and tried to hook his hand underneath her one knee. But that moment also revealed unto him, how early he was giving in to the illusion of the last two days. His hand retreated then and that in-turn naturally led them to those last moments before which their lips would part; hers that of a crushed red rose petal.

Without her knowledge, her fingers reached over to her lips as she went through a fast pace of few in-drawn breaths and she refused to meet his eyes. His thumb traced her cheek slowly, which in time turned into a soft smoothing, "Because you are...you"

She heard then, the words his voice hadn't conjured and yet she saw them as clearly as the living day in his eyes, once she raised hers to his.

...because at those times you walk through barriers that keep you from being yourself...because the boundaries within which you live in keep you from living the life you already have...

Another call came through the far decks of a cruise as the owner sat gazing the vast mass of ice that floated on pristine blue Alaskan waters.

"Hello" The lady greeted the caller, unaware of who was to receive the warmth in her tone.

"Mummyji...it's me...Please don't hang up...I want to apologize first..."

The lady felt chocked from her emotions to let another sound escape her shut lips. She kept her silence for the entirety of the call, not intending to be rude and intrude on the genuine pleading and the agony she heard in the voice of the other caller.

She wanted to say it's ok to him, when in reality she knew it wasn't. However, she tried to keep up with her unyielding act amidst his undoing, knowing little that her silence only ensued another kind of chaos inside the other caller.

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -nirvana-

Your apprehension is right on, cause initially I had felt the same about rebound and love. I guess the need for companionship is very strong and it  causes many to do foolish things because the alternative of being alone is not tolerable and I just hope that when the fog lifted, they will realize that  those feelings are not horrendously misplaced in a moment of weaknesses.  But then when is the right person, right place, right timing?

And who does not want M&G to be with each other! ;)

And you are back ;)
😊Wow.  Awesome update, except Abhinav's call to Geets mom.  Grrr. Go away Abhinav.  Yeah yeah, he is neccessary for the story and what not but they were having such nice moments.  Did Maan leave because of him?  Still the goodbye kiss was lovely.
  Hasini, I am going to read a few more times before I give a better comment than this.  Thanks for the update. Will PM you later.

Edited by ucompleteme - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: jyoti_l

did she really say that.. The first best thing, is sitting with a man who can make you forget there were first best things and so forth on such evenings'" ..omg..i am happy...but fearful of the result...

just like maan...rebound...but then again if he is ready to wait for her...to let her take all the time she needs...so am i...to c them together...

the Disney magic...on the Christmas eve magic...to the magic of New year's eve at Times square...things r getting magical...😳

there is something abt maan's character that is bugging me...but i am unable to pinpoint...dont know what...trying to figure it out...🤔

continue soon...

Hmm! I'm all ears to know what it is about this Maan that is bugging you folks. I can't wait.

Yes...I know its a feel good story and all. But let's wait and see. 😛