Surendra Pal gained weight - Article

**esha** thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Surendra Pal gained weight to look his character in Mahadev

Surendra Pal

TV actors often go from strength to strength to look their character. And Surendra Pal did just the same for his character Prajapati Daksh in Triangle Film Companies' Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired on Life OK. Want to know how then read on.

To look like his character Surendra gained 16 kilos. "I had to play a pandit and pandits are usually fat. I wouldn't have looked convincing with a body of an army officer while I play a purohit. Hence I took the task seriously and gained some weight," reveals Surendra. And though gaining weight may sound to be an easy task, but that is definitely not the case, at least for him. The truth is gaining weight is not difficult when you are young, but for a veteran like Surendra it must have definitely been a task. And Surendra agrees to it, but says "I am kicked about this role and hence I wanted to take this step of putting on some kilos. I feel when you look convincing as a character half the battle is won." He also adds that he is very happy with the kind of approach the channel and the production house have.

In fact, Surendra whose last mythological show was Mahabharat that was aired on Doordarshan is glad to be a part of another such series after two decades. He didn't take up any such shows in between, because he wasn't happy with the kind of work that was offered to him.

Tellychakkar.com hopes that the audiences like your roles.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmuasmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
daksh role suits him a lot,...
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail