Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madmaxine thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks for all the appreciation. I'm unable to reply to all the comments individually...but I do read them all and I thank everyone for their kindness. Glad the chapter seemed "paisa vasool" to everyone 😆😆

About PMs..I've received several requests lately, and I've tried to accommodate them. If I have forgotten to PM you, or if you want a PM, please buddy me/send me a note/leave a comment.

Will update fairly quickly. Within 24 hours..I think! Need to figure out what's next😊
Aanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I'm better now, thank you :)

Looking forward to the update! :D

xoxo
Aanya
ipkkndank thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG what a funny, cute loving chapter

well Kushi's FAN's are just funny
🤣 And Nani too watching brokeback mountain and IPKKND 🤣 

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Any fab updates dear loved it :-))
Continue soon
-Saibo- thumbnail
That was f**king hilarious. Like I god bbm and nani?!?!
Lol fans wah asr!
lexaxel thumbnail

Freddy & Nigel...coool😛, Freddy I had a feeling was but connection with Nigel was a surprise but in hindsight it all makes sense😆.

Laughed my way thru this one also...ended very well with all of us[both the characters in the story & us] looking forward to the dinner👍🏼.

@ the OS idea...super idea. I'm sooo looking forward to reading an OS from u😊.

Hope ur dinner went off well😊.
desisweetheart9 thumbnail
Thanks for the PM. Fun part. Loved Nani's interaction with the boys.
madmaxine thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndank

OMG what a funny, cute loving chapter

well Kushi's FAN's are just funny
🤣 And Nani too watching brokeback mountain and IPKKND 🤣 

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Any fab updates dear loved it :-))
Continue soon

Thanks! Glad you liked it😊
madmaxine thumbnail

Originally posted by: lexaxel

Freddy & Nigel...coool😛, Freddy I had a feeling was but connection with Nigel was a surprise but in hindsight it all makes sense😆.

Laughed my way thru this one also...ended very well with all of us[both the characters in the story & us] looking forward to the dinner👍🏼.

@ the OS idea...super idea. I'm sooo looking forward to reading an OS from u😊.

Hope ur dinner went off well😊.

Thanks! Dinner will be fun..that's for sure. Add Mamiji and Payal-Akash and their kids to this motley crew and it should be a very interesting event. Not to mention 4 kids! 😆

OS...yes need to get cracking on that!

Oh yes..dinner was great. Just a few friends sitting around chatting and some good food. Finished with chocolate mousse! 😛
tes_v1 thumbnail
This was an epic chapter, indeed! Outrageously hilarious!

FANs!
Brokeback Mountain and Nani!
Nanny & Naa-ni!
3 idiots!
Anjali's samosas!
Freddy and Nigel together!
Aadit Murthy flirting openly while ASR doing the big brother act!

Woman! You've got brains! Of course, i keep forgetting. You're a scientist! 🤣

Oh man! This was one helluva update! Enjoyed it thoroughly!
forgot to add, Naani's fav show IPKKND?!! Had me in splits!

ArHi FF: ~Girls Don't Count~ Edited by tes_v1 - 12 years ago
madmaxine thumbnail

Very different in tone from the last chapter. But it had to be done. Take a look.

Chapter 16: Aadit is an ass!

"Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again." Khushi poked Aadit in the chest with every word she spoke. He backed away nervously, not wanting to be flipped onto the floor like so many others before him who had pissed off Minnie Gupta.

"Minnie. I'm glad you took my suggestion. Nude pumps are much better with this skirt than black." Said Freddy, smiling lazily at her, looking thoroughly unconcerned at her rage. They were in his office, the day after the "Mad hatter tea party" as Freddy had chosen to dub yesterday's events. Khushi glared at him. He smiled sweetly in response. "But your make-up darling. Too much blush today! It's not like you at all." He exclaimed, as if her appearance was his sole concern.

"It's not make-up you moron. I am mad, therefore I am red. It's called rage" said Khushi angrily.

"But why sweetheart?" asked Freddy. Aadit looked at him as if he'd lost his marbles. Freddy returned his petrified look with a cool stare of his own.

"Don't sweetheart me Freddy. You are diabolical. The both of you. In fact, Nigel too. I've already dealt with him at home, though."

"Does he live to tell the tale?" asked Freddy fanning the flames of her anger now. 

"I don't know about him, but by the time I am finished with you two, neither of you will be fit to talk" she said sweetly.

"Now, now Minnie. Calm down. Here. Sit" Freddy put an arm around her waist and led her to a leather recliner. "We did what we did for you. You know we can't see you unhappy," he explained kindly.

"I can fight my own damn battles," she grumbled, sinking into the soft couch.

"I know you can. But we like to look out for you too. We can't do without you, you know," said Freddy, holding her hand in his.

"Stop buttering me up" said Khushi crossly, but she let her hand rest in Freddy's.

"Minnie! Come on, give over. We only want what's best for you," said Aadit, deciding it was now safe to risk a word.

Khushi glared at him. "You! You were the worst. With your open flirting with Anjali. What were you thinking? She's 10 years older than you, and ASR's sister, to boot" she finished. "Besides, I hate her" she mumbled.

"People make mistakes Minnie. I understand she hurt you. But clearly, she paid for it too. Her marriage broke up. Not everyone's perfect, like you!" Aadit finished bitterly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"Well. Not everyone has your strength and your reserves of patience and motivation. People are weak. People give in sometimes and do wrong things. Not everyone is as righteous as you. You don't need anyone. You can do everything yourself. You can take care of everyone. You don't need anyone to do anything for you. But normal people, they have frailties, they need other people, they need support to survive" he finished on a sigh.

"That's quite enough Aadit." Said Freddy sharply. He glanced at Minnie as he spoke. She looked stunned at the tirade Aadit had unleashed.

"Aadit!" she gasped. She got up, picked up her bag and walked to the door.

"Yes. Leave. That's what you always do. Run away. Don't actually talk to the people who love and care for you. Just leave," yelled Aadit.

She looked back at him. "I'm not running away Aadit. I have nothing to say to you. The very first time I express my doubts about a girl you like, you suddenly decide I'm a tight-assed bitch who needs nobody! You know what? Date Anjali. I don't care. It's not my business after all." She said, her voice very quiet.

"Minnie. Aadit. Stop it. Both of you. This minute. This is getting out of control" said Freddy, now looking a little panicky. He could handle an angry Minnie or a lovesick Aadit. But the two of them at loggerheads. That, he couldn't handle. "Let's talk about this like adults" he said. "Sit down. Now" he ordered.

"Minnie, yes, we interfered in your personal life. We were worried about you, OK? So we went to talk to ASR and his family. Sorry you didn't approve. But I make no apology for caring about a dear friend. I can't do without you Min," said Freddy. "And you, Aadit! You've known Minnie for 4 years and Anjali for about 24 hours. I suggest you prioritize here. Date whomever you like. As Minnie said, it's your business. But what you just said to her was unforgivable. I suggest you apologize, NOW!" said Freddy looking very stern indeed.

"Sorry Minnie" said Aadit shame-facedly. "I should never have said those things. I don't know what came over me"

"I know what came over you. Her name starts with an A!" said Khushi, still looking upset. "I don't know what hold that woman has over men. They all seem to think she's a goddess. ASR, and now, you. Even OP worships the ground she walks on," she said bitterly.

"Who's OP?" asked Aadit jealously.

"God Aadit! You are pathetic. OP's their jack-of-all-trades. He works at the Raizada mansion," said Khushi, laughing now.

"Look Minnie. I know you don't like her. But could you try to be civil to her? For my sake? I really do like her. Please" said Aadit.

"OK. Since I'm so righteous and have so much patience, I guess I can do that for a friend. Oh, wait. I forgot! I don't have any friends because I don't need anyone. I'm an island," said Khushi, her glance was fiery.

"God Khushi. I'm a Jackass. Please forgive me. Forget I ever said those things. I am beyond sorry. Please, please, please," begged Aadit, looking remorseful.

"Well, you must be serious. You'd never call me Khushi otherwise!" said Khushi. "OK Aadit. You are forgiven. Shall we get to work now?" she asked. They worked companionably for several hours. Freddy made an extra effort to not be difficult and agreed to all of Minnie's suggestions. Aadit was too ashamed to say much. Khushi maintained her poise as usual.

"How does she do it? She never loses her composure. She's always in control," wondered Aadit. He shook his head and berated himself for his harsh words to her for the 100th time. After about 3 hours, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

ASR walked in. "Hi!" he said to the room in general. "I'm only here to ask if the day after tomorrow suits everyone for dinner?" He cast an eye around the room generally as he spoke.

"Works for me" said Freddy. "Thanks for inviting us" he said.

"I'll be there" said Aadit quietly. ASR threw a questioning glance at Khushi. She merely nodded assent. "OK then. The day after tomorrow it is. See you all at around 6.30," said ASR. He was about to leave, when Khushi called out to him.

"ASR! Can you give me Anjali's phone number please?"

"Why?" he asked suspiciously.

"I need to talk to her. We have "things" to discuss" she said.

"OK" he said, catching the post-it stack she tossed at him. He wrote Di's number down and handed it to her. "There you go Khushi. See you at dinner with your girls" he said, and left.

Khushi tore the sheet with Anjali's number on it and handed it to Aadit. "You owe me one, buddy!" she said smilingly. The smile lived and died on her lips though.

"Minnie, I love you! I don't deserve you. But I love you," said Aadit leaning over to kiss her cheek. But she ducked away from his kiss and stood up.

"You never spoke a truer word," said Freddy. "You definitely don't deserve her." Khushi merely shook her head and said. "Give her a call. I'm off. I promised I'd take the girls out to lunch," she said.

The door closed behind her. "She's really hurt, isn't she?" asked Aadit.

"Yes you bloody fool, she really IS hurt," snapped Freddy. "Those were nasty things you said to her."

"How can I make it up to her?" asked Aadit.

"I don't know. It's your mess. You clean it up," said Freddy shaking his head disgustedly and walking out of the room.  

That evening

Khushi's kitchen smelt wonderful. She had baked chocolate chip cookies with Sheila first. Then they'd gorged themselves on several cookies, she, the girls and Nigel. After putting the girls to bed she went down to the kitchen again and started her favorite stressbusting activity. Making jalebis. Nigel watched her go at it for 45 minutes. He tried to tell her she'd made enough, but she didn't listen. Finally he gave up and went up to bed. She continued with her jalebi making until the bell rang. It was past 10pm so she went to the door wondering who it could be so late in the evening.

It was Aadit. He held a big bunch of lilies in one hand, and a bottle of Red Zinfandel in the other. "Can I come in?" he asked.

"Sure," she said, stepping aside to let him enter. "What's up Aadit?" she asked. He held out the flowers to her. "I am sorry. I am so sorry. Forgive me. I don't know what came over me and I don't deserve your forgiveness. But forgive me. Please," he said penintently. She took the flowers silently.

"I already did Aadit. You didn't need to do this," she said after a minute.

"Yes, I did. I was a jerk. I don't know how to make it up to you. Wow! Is that jalebis I smell?" he said, suddenly sidetracked, as they made their way into her kitchen.

"Uhh..huh. I felt like jalebis tonight," she said airily.

"No. You felt really upset tonight because of me and so you're killing yourself making tons of jalebis! God Minnie, I am sorry," he said.

"OK. Its over now. No more apologies," said Khushi. "Want a jalebi?" she asked, "There's plenty!"

"Sure!" he bit into one and groaned. "These are fabulous. You should just open a mithai shop Min. You'd be a hit."

"I tried that too, a long time ago. Wasn't a hit" she said quietly. He flashed her a glance. There was so much he didn't know about this girl he thought. For all her warmth and friendliness she'd been absurdly close-mouthed about her past.

"Minnie, I've made a decision," he said.

"What's that?" she asked.

"I'm not going to ask her out. I know you don't like her, and I'm going to respect that. You're my friend, and we go back a long way. You mean more to me than a silly crush," he said.

She smiled sadly. "Ask her out Aadit. You'll end up resenting me if you don't, and our friendship will suffer. Anjali and me, it's complicated. And I can never learn to like her. But I can be civil to her, certainly. So, you do what you have to," she said, as she stood up on her toes and planted that kiss she'd denied him in the afternoon.

"Minnie, I have decided. And I'm not going to," said Aadit slightly flustered now.

"Your decision Aadit. But not on my account, please. If you really like her, ask her out."

"I'm not going to," he said stubbornly.

"OK. Have another jalebi," she said, stuffing one into his mouth.

The conversation then drifted to other topics. It was 2 am when he left her home. They'd polished off the entire bottle of wine and a good chunk of the jalebis. And he was surprised how well wine and jalebis complemented each other. He checked his cell phone as he got into his car. There was a text message. "Want to have coffee sometime? -Anjali"

"Damn! Now what!" he thought, putting the car in gear.

Fate laughed at his plight. "Bhagwaan jab deta hai, toh chappar phaad ke deta hai!"

Any thoughts? Lemme know!

Edited by madmaxine - 12 years ago