Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
@Gari: that still means I want it edited πŸ˜‰

@Nafee: Heyy thanks for the comment 😊 I'll try to write more things I can post here 😳

@B: *grins* I'm so so sooooooo glad you liked it 😳 you don't understand HOW hard it was to write it and not show you πŸ˜” But yayy 😳 The fact that you liked it is enough! πŸ˜ƒ
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ohmygod Mee, that is so cute and hilarious! gah. xD I'll edit this.
indiandoll89 thumbnail

Happy Birthday Aradhna

--------------------------------------------------------------------

His lips were on her neck. Her eyes were closed. Suddenly his lips curled to reveal the bright set of fangs hidden underneath.

Two gasps were heard and another girl reached over and hit the stop key.

"Seriously you two are acting like you've never seen it before." Rubina exclaimed.

Bhavna and Aradhna both turned to glare at Rubina who held the remote in her hand. "Just because we've seen it, doesn't mean we can't relive our emotions." Aradhna said in a frank tone.

Meera yawned loudly and glanced down at her watch. "This is boring." She exchanged a grin with Rubina who obviously agreed with her emotions.

Bhavna shook her head at Meera while Aradhna muttered something under her breath.

"What was that?" Rubina leaned over closer on the sofa where she was sitting with Aradhna.

Aradhna glanced up and glared at her. "I will deal with you later."

Rubina gasped and whimpered. "I'm so scared Radz. Mee come protect me." Then she grinned and rolled her eyes.

Meera let out a laugh and then bit her lip when Aradhna looked at her. "I didn't say anything."

Aradhna groaned before reaching over for her coffee on the table. She raised it to her mouth and took a sip, making a face as she put the tumbler down. "It's cold."

"Let's go on a coffee run!" Bhavna clapped.

Rubina gave her a look before grinning. "I want a frap!"

Meera rolled her eyes. "Such a surprise Rubi really,"

Rubina stuck her tongue out at Meera and turned to Aradhna. "You driving?"

Aradhna grabbed the keys from the table before Meera could reach for them. "Of course."

Meera rolled her eyes. "I don't wanna come."

Bhavna frowned. "Why not?"

"It's cold outside." Meera crossed her arms in an attempt to prove her point.

"You're such a baby." Rubina shook her head.

Aradhna and Bhavna both burst out laughing. "So damn true."

Meera rolled her eyes before taking the empty glasses and walking into the kitchen.

The other three girls looked at each other. "Is she mad?"

"When isn't she?"

"Or she could just be hurt."

Another voice added into the mix. "OR she could be listening to your every word."

"Mee! Didn't anyone tell you not to eavesdrop?" Rubina frowned, annoyed at it.

"It's my apartment. I can listen."

"That's sucky reasoning." Meera rolled her eyes.

Bhavna nodded. "So sad, now let's go! I need coffee."

She grabbed the other two girls and dragged them out the door while Meera watched the door close behind them. Three seconds later her phone began vibrating and she grabbed it. "Hello?"

"What do you want?" Rubina asked.

"What?" Meera frowned.

Rubina sighed loudly. "From Starbucks Mee. What would you like us to bring you?"

"Shouldn't you know by now?" Meera said in an icy tone.

Rubina moved away from the girls. "What is your problem?" she asked in a loud whisper. "You've been acting bitchy all evening."

"I have reasons."

"Uh huh, I'm sure you do." Rubina said with a scowl. "Whatever I don't need to deal with this. Do you want hot or cold?"

"You know which one I get for both?" Meera asked.

"After about  5 years of being your best friend, yeah I'd say I know."

Bhavna and Aradhna watched Rubina talk quietly but angrily into the phone as she walked away from the car. "What's up with them?" Bhavna asked Aradhna.

"I figured you'd know." Aradhna said toying with the keys.

Bhavna shrugged. "With those two do we ever know?"

A laugh came from Rubina's direction and both girls glanced at her. "Obviously not." Aradhna grinned. "Whatever as long as they're okay. I need coffeeeee!" She whistled at Rubina and gestured to the car. She whistled at Rubina and gestured to the car.

Rubina rolled her eyes before coming to the car, sliding her phone into her pocket. "Could you be more addicted?"

Aradhna simply stared at her while Bhavna answered. "Are you seriously asking her that?"

Rubina shook her head before sitting down in the car. The other two quickly followed suit and they were on their way.

Before Aradhna pulled into the nearest Starbucks, only five minutes away Rubina coughed. "Either of you know what hot drink she gets?"

"You don't know?!" Bhavna yelped. "And she hasn't chewed you out yet?"

"First of all B, who says that?" Aradhna stared at her.

"What?" Bhavna frowned.

Aradhna shook her head. "You don't know her order?"

"I'm sorry but you do? Its so frickin long! Mine's so much easier. Grande caramel frap and we're done." Rubina glared at the two girls. "With her it's like a little of that, non-something else. How do you even keep track?!"

Her phone buzzed and she sighed.

Aradhna glanced at Bhavna who sat in the passenger seat next to her. "Come to think of it, I don't know Mee's order either."

Bhavna grimaced. "Something mocha related."

Rubina grinned. "She knew none of us would know. She messaged it."

"Well thank-god for that." Aradhna said as the three of them exited the car.

They walked into the deserted Starbucks and frowned seeing how empty it was. "It's not even midnight, why is it so dull?" Bhavna muttered as they walked in.

Aradhna shrugged. "Are we gonna stay here or go?"

Bhavna shrugged as well. "Whatever. I don't really care." She yawned and she glanced at the lone occupant in the place. "Don't look now but seriously cute guy all the way in the corner." She muttered to both the girls. "And eeks he kinda looks like Jensen Ackles."

"No!" Rubina gasped as she casually turned to glance at him. "Oh B, damn. You could've said he was even hotter."

Aradhna glanced at her friends curiously. "Is that even possible?"

"You haven't seen him yet." Rubina shook her head and fanned herself as she stood in line behind Aradhna.

"Crap I forgot my wallet in the car!" Aradhna groaned. "I'll be right back, you girls order."

"I'll pay," Rubina offered, holding up some cash.

Aradhna waved her off before leaving the Starbucks.

Bhavna unashamedly continued gazing at the mysterious stranger who seemed rather unfazed by the attention.

"B, you're being kinda obvious." Rubina muttered, pulling Bhavna towards her.

"Who cares?" She giggled.

"You're drooling."

"Mhβ€”hmm."

"He's watching."

"Uh huh,"

"It's dripping down your chin making a puddle."

"Ew. What?!" Bhavna glanced down at the floor, furiously dabbing her chin. "You liar."

Rubina smirked. "Love you too,"

Bhavna was too busy getting upset with Rubina who was too busy laughing at the situation that neither one of them noticed their handsome stranger disappear out the door into the parking lot.

"Where is that damn thing?" Aradhna was crouched over in the car trying to look for her wallet, not knowing that the stranger had followed her outside. "I could swear I grabbed it when we left." She rolled her eyes. "Unless I was too giddy about getting coffee and I forgot it." she groaned realizing that meant she also left her license at the house. Any minute now Meera was going to find it and have a meltdown. She shook her head; backing out of the car when she got the feeling she was being watched. She turned around instantly and gasped seeing the stranger from Starbucks leaning against the brick wall watching her. A slow smirk formed on his face. The shadows made him look even more mysterious and alluring.

Aradhna who was never one to be swept away in brash decisions or spontaneous actions, made her way near the door, slowing down near him.

Sadly he didn't say a word to her and she dejectedly went towards the door when finally she heard him speak.

"I saw you and your friends inside."

She stopped dead in her tracks and for a moment her eyes closed, relishing in the sweet moment that he had actually spoken to her and HAD noticed her.

She turned around slowly. "Talking to me?"

"See anyone else around?" he smirked.

She smiled back, a tad goofily at her obvious question. "Why are you standing out here?"

He shrugged, his leather jacket shimmering the dim streetlights. "I had an impulsive urge."

She raised her eyebrow. "Is that so? An urge for what? Talking to random girls in the middle of the night at a coffee shop?"

He let out a soft chuckle and she grinned at the sound. "You don't seem very random to me."

"What's your definition of random?" She questioned, surprised at her forwardness. She cheered in the fact that for a second now he looked caught off guard.

"Iβ€”uhh, well it depends."

"On?" She grinned.

He leaned slightly towards her. Her heartbeat started racing and her mind was throwing all sorts of warnings at her about strangers but her heart ignored each one.

"Depends on certain things,"

"Like?" She asked.

He leaned back to the wall and gave her an once-over. "The way she's dressed."

"Did you just check me out?" She couldn't stop the smile growing on her face.

"I don't see you objecting." He grinned.

"I have no reason to object," She shrugged.

His smirk became more prominent. "Oh really? And how's that?"

She shrugged. "You can't keep all the mysteriousness to yourself na?"

He chuckled softly. "Course not."

"So," she smiled. "Tell me why you're following me?"

"Following you? Is that what I'm doing?"

She leaned back and gestured to the coffee cup in his hand. "You were inside the Starbucks and I walked out and now you're out here. Any indication?"

He grinned. "Nice observation."

She nodded. "I know. So answer the question."

"We're being watched." He said cryptically.

She widened her eyes and glanced behind at the huge Starbucks window. Unsurprised she turned back to him. "I would've been surprised if they weren't watching."

He laughed. "Won't you introduce me?"

She shook her head. "The one who looks like she'll faint or worse drool; is Bhavna. The one who looks positively annoyed with B's behaviour is Rubina, or Rinki. Actually just Rinki, you don't want to call her Rubina and die. I'm babbling aren't I?" She groaned softly.

He waved to both the girls. "It's cute,"

Aradhna grinned at him. "You're a bit strange, thought you oughta know."

He smirked. "Tell me something I don't know."

She raised an eyebrow. "How about you tell me something I don't know. Like your name perhaps?"

He smiled. "Knowing each others' names would imply you want this meeting to be continued. Are you sure that's what you want?"

She grinned. "I'll take my chances."

He shook his head. "We need to keep the element of surprise alive."

"And how do you suggest we do that?"

"Keeping our identities a secret." He whispered in a low voice.

She involuntarily blushed and he lightly brushed his finger across her cheek.

"Give me your phone." He said softly.

She quickly surrendered her phone to him and watched as he pressed a few buttons before it beeped. He handed it back to her and smiled. "I'm under mystery b and you're saved in mine as mystery g."

She laughed at the names as she scrolled through her contacts. "This is crazy. You're crazy."

"Well would you like to go out with this crazy guy?"

She bit her lip, contemplating her answer. "I'd love to."

Her eyes darted towards her still-watching friends. "I should go back inside."

He leaned down and lightly kissed her cheek. "Happy Birthday."

His kiss left her skin feeling tingly as she walked back into the Starbucks.

Bhavna and Rubina watched as Aradhna made her way to their little table. They both raised their drinks and took sips while she sat down, her phone and wallet clutched in her hands.

"So..." Rubina began.

Bhavna put her cup down. "So...you gonna tell us who he was?"

Aradhna grinned. "I wish I knew B."

Bhavna and Rubina exchanged a look. "You don't know who he was?"

Rubina groaned. "You were with some stranger at night for nearly 10 minutes and you don't know him? Meera's going to freak."

"Forget her," Bhavna frowned. "I'm freaking out! What the hell Aradhna? I know he was cuteβ€”"

"He was wasn't he?" Aradhna interrupted.

Bhavna leaned towards Rubina. "I never thought I'd see her this way."

"All giddy?" Rubina shook her head. "It's pitiful."

That seemed to snap Aradhna out of whatever world she was in. "Oh shut up, as if you don't get that way around Farid and you B, you're always like that." Rubina and Bhavna glared at Aradhna and stood up promptly. "Where are the two of you going?"

"We're going to wait in the car for you to take us home." Bhavna said. "Or better yet," she grabbed the keys sitting on the table. "I'm driving us home. Let's go."

Aradhna groaned as she grabbed her coffee and followed her apparently annoyed friends to the car. As she slid into the backseat, a thought crossed her mind. She quickly pulled out her iPhone and messaged a certain someone.

How'd you know it was my birthday?

He had wished her a happy birthday when he didn't even know her name and that baffled her. She anxiously awaited his reply, trying to distract herself criticizing the way Bhavna drove.

"Careful B! You're gonna hit the tree."

"There. Is. No. One. On. The. Road!" Bhavna muttered.

Her phone pinged then and she completely became oblivious to the looks exchanged between Bhavna and Rubina.

Wild guess :p

They arrived home before she had a chance to reply and so she figured it was best for her to reply later when she was all alone.

They three of them opened the door and Meera all but pounced on them. "Where's my coffee?"

The three girls eyes went wide and they glanced at one another hoping that one of them had at least remembered.

Meera seemed to realize this quickly. "You didn't remember did you? None of you." She nodded. "It's okay. It's cool." She turned away and walked into the living room, snuggling up with the fleecy blanket. The other three quickly followed her and sat down near her.

"It's because of Radz." B said.

"What?" Aradhna frowned. "How?"

Rubina shrugged. "She met this guy and we totally got distracted and annoyed with her."

Meera frowned. "Let me get this straight, you forgot my coffee because of some guy?"

The three of her friends shrugged. "Oops?"

Meera rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up! Tell me what he was like!" Bhavna and Rubina quickly started dishing out details of the mysterious stranger while Aradhna quickly pulled out her phone and saw a new message waiting for her.

I saw a text when I was saving my number that said Happy Birthday. Figured I should wish you even though I'm your mysterious stranger.

She grinned at his message. Her birthday wish came true without her even trying to fulfill it. She wanted something unusual to happen and it did. She met a mysterious stranger. A stranger who was obviously very intriguing but she also spent the day with her friends. Friends that made everything a bit more amusing than it actually was. She smiled at her three friends sitting closely together on the couch and without a word she sat down next to them and they sat together watching some pointless show on tv, all the while making fun of whatever it was. This was friendship and this was one of the birthday's she'd remember a long time coming. Her stranger made sure of that.

ily <3

P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
that was nice one-shot meera!

Happy Birthday Radz...
Anhdara13 thumbnail
my gosh Mee. *blushing*

res.
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Thanks Poonamm! πŸ˜ƒ

@Radz: yayy better be unreserved *hmph* πŸ˜ƒ
indiandoll89 thumbnail
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

From Dreams To Reality

Her smile was fading from his memory. Her touch was leaving his senses. Her silhouette was further and further away.

He reached out to hold onto her, to keep her with him but just like always she disappeared.

Prem Juneja awoke from his recurring dream with the same confusion as always. "Who was she?"

He had never seen anybody who resembled the girl who seemed to haunt his dreams and yet here he was, seemingly obsessed with her.

Every night he'd go to sleep and her beautiful face would appear in his dreams, dreams that belonged to his private world. A place he kept separate from his busy work life, a work life that allowed for no social life asides from seeing his little brother at least once a week.

Preet Juneja was the opposite of his older brother. While Prem preferred work and responsibility, Preet enjoyed social gatherings and having a blast. Preet was always smiling while Prem was always deep in concentration but the brothers loved each other more than anyone else. Their parents had died at a young age and so Prem had taken the responsibility of Preet's future upon himself and had never let him down.

His cell phone buzzed taking him away from his thoughts. He picked it up and saw Preet's name flashing on it. "Hello?"

"PB! How's work going?" Preet asked in his usual excited voice.

"Not bad," Prem yawned. "Where are you? It's like 1 in the morning."

"It's my girlfriend's birthday PB. I told you this morning." Preet sighed. "The one who's coming over for dinner?"

Prem nodded to no one in particular. "Haan haan. Main bhool gaya. Don't stay out too late alright?"

"Right PB. See ya in the morning." The line went dead and Prem fell back on the pillow, waiting for the dreams to take over yet again.

-----

"He's going to hate me Preet." A low voice said in the car. "The way you've described him he sounds like Hitler."

"He's not Hitler." Preet rolled his eyes with a smile. "Honestly just relax jaan. He's going to love you and not only because he wants to see me happy but because you're so loveable."

The girl in question raised her eyebrow at Preet. "Oh yeah I'm just full of sunshine aren't I?"

"Maybe not sunshine but you're perfect the way you are," he said as he turned the corner. He didn't see her reaction and she preferred it that way. Preet never realized but sometimes he said just the right words she needed to hear.

Her phone started buzzing then and she pulled it from her pocket and sighed. "It's my sister." She pushed the green key. "Hello? Hey. Haha thanks! Wait, right now? I'm on my way to Preet's broβ€”alright fine. But if his brother minds, it's your fault." She sighed as she hung up the phone.

"What's up?" Preet asked.

"Can we go to the subway station on 4th? My sister's stranded and I mean don't worry about dropping her home, she can just hang out somewhere near your house while we're having dinner." She rambled quickly.

Preet smiled. "It's okay. PB won't mind if she joins us."

"You're sure?" she glanced up at him, obviously happy with his suggestion.

"Perfectly sure." Preet took a quick u-turn heading to the subway station.

-----

The doorbell rang and Prem smoothed down his dinner jacket before frowning at himself. He was in his own home so why did he feel dressed as if he was attending dinner somewhere else? He quickly stripped the jacket off himself and hung it on the staircase banister as he rushed to open the door.

"PB!" Preet walked through the doorway first, giving his older brother a big hug while the two girls walked in. "Looking good."

"Shut up Preet." Prem sighed as he took in the two girls accompanying him. Preet had told him that his girlfriend was coming for dinner but Prem had never seen her nor seen her picture so as both girls were turned around he didn't know who was who.

"PB, this is Rubina, and this is her older sister,"

Prem missed her name as he took in her appearance. It was her. Rubina's sister was the girl from his dreams. That same demure smile. The same twinkle in her eyes. This was her. After all this time she had entered his life. Never to leave, if he had anything to do about it.

I don't actually know what this is, but I felt like writing it. Don't ask for sequels because you won't get them since uni starts again in a week but yeah just thought I'd share it πŸ˜ƒ

-Garima- thumbnail
Me first! :D

*Edit*

I am shocked. You wrote! -- after like agesss! Omg do you know HOW happy I am after reading your One Shot! It was sooo cute! Prem having dreams of his dream girl! ;) hehe I was gonna tell you to continue this but you already said in your note that you won't be able to! :(

But I hope you write more, in fact you NEED to write more. It's my command! πŸ˜†

I'm so glad you wrote this though, brought a smile to my face! Very well written! :)

--Garima

P.S. I still want more one shots from you missy! πŸ˜›

Edited by -Garima- - 12 years ago
Anhdara13 thumbnail
I keep picturing Rubina's sister as you.

this is gorgeous btw. absolutely. so glad you wrote something after so long!