Karunya:fm II2 to Munna Bhai MBBS

datspreets thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 20 years ago
#1
I just saw on Tv that Indian idol Runner Up NC Karunya has recorded his first bollywood playback song for the sequel of Munna Bhai MBBS.
The director/producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra n the Music Director of the sequel had no idea of who Karunya was. One day Vidhu Vinod Chopra Jo's daughter came to him in tears saying'Karunya lost......'..it was then than Vidhu came to know who Karunya is..and on his daughters advice signed him on to sing for Munna bhai..
Vidhu n Music Director Shantanu Moitra are mighty pleased with this Hydrabadi lad and so is Karunya..
The movie will be out on Aug 25 and the soundtrack in abt 20-30 days..
I am totally looking forward to karunya's song and the movie.
Wishing karunya all the best !
Preeti
****

Created

Last reply

Replies

26

Views

1.7k

Users

21

Frequent Posters

luckyleo thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#2
This is simply GREAT news!!!

I am so happy for karunya. he has got a break and that too with such a good music director and for a movie which is the sequal of the so popular Munnabhai MBBS!

Congrats Karunya! You have arrived in bollywood as well! And with a BANG! 👏
mango-frost thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 20 years ago
#3
wow!! god bless VVC's daughter 👏

karu will go far...talent never dies 👏 👏

thanks for the article 😊
sonu_nigamfan thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#4
This is wonderful......Gr8 news 4 Karu.....I am very very happy hearing that 😛
wiley thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#5
OMG are you serious?!!! wow I am soooooooo Happy. Yay!!! 👏 There is a God somewhere. thank youuuuuu. yay! I am thrilled. I hope he rocks with the song, and gets even more and more offers day by day. As someone had said earlier, May success follow him like a shadow. wohoo.

oh yea, bless his daughter. she rocks!

Thank you very much datspreets for sharing this with us.
Edited by wiley - 20 years ago
Sudha_rn thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#6
Thats a great news 👏 👏 👏

thanks for the article 😊
wiley thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#7
Ok guys I found an article about this.

you can also watch a small video about it on the following link:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/fullbvideo.php?id=9853

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/karunya-sings-for-munnabhai/9853 -8.html
Karunya sings for Munnabhai
Somen Mishra
CNN-IBN
Posted Tuesday , May 09, 2006 at 12:47
Updated Tuesday , May 09, 2006 at 13:04
Email Email Print Print

Mumbai: 20-year-old N C Karunya may have lost the Indian Idol title. But he must have hardly expected that his dream of becoming a playback singer would come true so soon.

And he definitely might not have thought, that his big Bollywood break would come in the form of the sequel of film Munnabhai,

Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra who has introduced many new talents to the industry, has an interesting anecdote to share, about his chancing upon Karunya.

I do not watch TV so I had no idea about him. It was my sister actually, who called me from L A. She was crying on the phone as she was sad about Karunya losing the Indian Idol title.

I told her I didnt know him, and she was surprised. It was then I called up Shantanu and asked him to find out who Karunaya was, Chopra says.

As for Karunya he is also in awe of Chopra.

"As soon as the I sang the song for the first time, which was completed in 15 minutes, and it was all right. Vinodji came and hugged me tight for it. He calls me nani which means child, Karunya says.

After music director Annu Malik did the score for the first part of Munnabhai, and the street lingo that has been used in the film, has caught on with the crowd. The sequel will have a new composer.

Music composer Shantanu Moitra who had composed music for the film Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi, has been handed over the reins this time.

Moitra, still enjoying the success of the Parineeta, is aware of the expectations from him. But he says, he's not really bothered by it.

I will be trekking somewhere in August. So I will be far away. I dont know about the expectations. But I am very confident about my work that I do.

I had never expected Parineeta to be such a big hit, So, you dont know. Life is always better if you dont expect much, Moitra says.

Composing music for the Munnabhai sequel could be a big break for Moitra, but Karunya has some stiff competition for the same soundtrack. Actors Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi have also recorded one of the film's songs in their own voices.

The film releases in August. So it is time to get ready for another Jadoo Ki Jhappi .
Edited by wiley - 20 years ago
bhale thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#8
Karunya go get some more 👏
buttercup thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 20 years ago
#9
👏 👏 👏
great news.. 😊
giggles_2005 thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#10
yipeeeeee so happy for Karunya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by giggles_2005 - 20 years ago

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".