Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CyberOstrich thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Moontide

Totally agree with Ivy. Sour grapes it is.

For the sake of argument, even if we buy the tantrum story for a moment, how does that justify the comatose state of the Dutta character or the butchering of the show's very essence?
It all looks like a ploy to try putting someone in his 'rightful place'. As if saying, 

So you thought you have created an icon huh? See what we do to him, how easily and how fast we trash all your hard work.. Its we who make and break you, WE the ones all powerful. The show will be what WE want it to be. The same message was also conveyed to a certain '200 viewers'.

The problem is, it was more a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face. Some people had this misconception that they can force feed their viewers any poop that they feel like (Now learning the hard way they can't).

The royal blunder here was the underestimation of the thinking viewer. Ones that know the proper use of a remote, the ones aware of their freedom of choice and absolutely adamant about their likes and dislikes. And their ability of telling a sour grape from a sweet one. Tantrums? OK, so did the director/writer/creatives who are not with the show anymore also throw tantrums? And why are more people from the original cast gradually moving on to other things?

One begins to wonder whether a whole lot was not right here! May be some sort of 'tantrum plague' pervading the sets?

I have steadfastly avoided another serial from the same stable after the initial episodes and that is Utran. Its inane to say the least. Another, Balika Vadhu has lost track completely. I don't get to watch it but hear about it from my family. As for the Amma ji thing, do anyone watch it anymore?
What I also not like about the channel is their use of kids to attract attention. And then invariably put them in situations that have nothing to do with normal childhood or the real problems children face. Nor are they addressing serious issues like abuse or child labour or illiteracy. Then again, you have running boards like 'auraton pe ho rahe atyachar ka hum purzor virodh kar rahe hain' and the story line goes in just the opposite direction making a mockery of the claim. The double standards are only glaring, because they claim to address issues of female feoticide, child marriage, gender biases and actually use all this to churn out commercial success.

Lastly, the smart people wielding power should have known even if the number is a mere 200, it still is a sample population.
They should have paid attention to what the opinion poll was saying.

Moon- U've hit the nail right on the head here... very well said!!
It's so obvious that its a classic case of power flexing its muscles...dictatorship showing its ugly head! I toh still can't fathom that they really went out of the way to take apart this soul stirring story... very very deliberately... which was actually fetching them high TRPs... just because someone was taken over by this huge 'insane' power trip and wanted to show MR his place/ bow down and accept whatever crap that was being hurled at him in the form of changes to the storyline!! But what abt the others at Colors... are they equally sick/blind that they actually thought that the present crap storyline will be lapped by the same viewers who had already got used to putting their thinking caps on while watching LTL earlier?!!!! These people are in the entertainment industry after all and should be knowing how important is it to latch on to the pulse of the viewers... and continue giving them what they wantπŸ˜•πŸ˜• But it seems that they are totally oblivious and living in their own bubble.. and as u rightly said .. will continue to force feed the viewers with any crap THEY want to thinking that as they already have a loyal audience for that show, who are sooo besotted,  they will continue to watch till eternity!!!

I have no clue abt other channels and their machinations but sumtimes really wish that LTL shld have been been on some other channel- so that at least we could have seen some logical conclusion to the show AND hopefully they would've treasured MR!
AbhiAni thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you guys,

Even if if if anyone wants to believe MR throwing tantrums,   i would just say.."y shouldn't he"πŸ˜‰...Almost everyday we are bearing this torture of "empty PotS"😳 making so much noise and has reached beyond tolerance level, and a person like MR who is talented and loved by as many as  200+ πŸ˜‰ has got every right to do soπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† u go ahead man, we still love you for what u r"πŸ˜ƒ
-Swasti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Feeling very relaxed by reading these comments. Thank u guyz for sharing your thoughts and making me believe that as long as we keep mishal in our prayers, nothing bad can happen with him. πŸ‘
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
i m still hoping MR will cm back...bcz yesterday they showed MR flash back scenes again...i doubt bcz if they had to replace him they wud hv not showed him again...
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
@ akki tera muh mein mannah milk and honey .kaash aaisa hota ... but what about SA coming as the new Dutta? I doubt it yaar another of colors cheap tactics its called playing mind games with Mishal lovers!