Behnein cast's emotional farewell-indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Behenein cast's emotional farewell

On Friday, April 29, STAR Plus' show Behenein ended on a happy note with all four sisters settled happily in their lives. The cast that had become a family can't believe that the show has some to an end. We caught up with them to get their reactions and get them to talk about what they'll miss the most.

Purva aka Aalesha is sad when she says, "What can I say but that I am emotional that our beloved show Behenein has ended. But at same time, I am happy the story came to a graceful end and we left our viewers on a happy note. Nowadays, it is very tough for a show to sustain the audience's interest for a year and we completed over 300 episodes which I think is a huge achievement. I will miss everything about the show- the call time, the grand sets, my co-stars especially Kaminiji, who played on-screen mother-in-law. I used to share my make-room with her and we grew close. And, of course my three sisters who are friends for life now. "

Talking about her production house, producer and experience on the show she adds, "I am thankful to JD Sir and STAR Plus channel who gave me my first glory i.e., I won the first award of my career at STAR Parivaar Awards last year. I want to thank all fans who loved Purva and the bond between all the sisters in Behenein."

Mihir aka Sudeep Sahir too is moved and declares, "I am happy that our show gave consistent response and completed a good year on television, which is a rare deal in today's tough competitive world. But of course, I am sad too as I won't be shooting anymore. I will miss the set which is located in faraway Naigoan yet the experience of doing Behenein was wonderful. I got the chance to work with talented actors like Dolly Minhas, Ketki Dave and I learnt a lot from each one of them. Even the new actresses especially Aalesha and Shiju showed great promise."

Aakashi aka Adaa Khan cries, "I didn't believe at first when I was told that Behenein is ending as I had heard it might wrap up in July end. But that was not the case and it ended now. I am told the show has fared much better than other shows in the evening time slot. I am also happy that we crossed the 300 episode mark. I am going to miss spending time with my three sisters on the sets. I learnt so many nuances about acting from our senior actors and directors. It might take weeks for me to get over the end of Behenein. I want to thank the entire STAR team and the creatives of the show, who gave me the fantastic role of Aakashi who had numerous shades to play."

Anokhi aka Ojasvi Oberoi is disheartened too. She says, "I have no words to express how much Behenein meant to me. It was really close to my heart and I am very emotional now that it has ended. I realise that I won't be shooting with my on-screen sisters anymore and I can't help but cry. They have become my best friends. I am happy that Behenein had a good run on television as normally not many shows are that lucky. Thank God the show came to a natural end and wasn't hacked. Our show got a good response from audiences and I am happy we ended on a happy note. I hope the channel announces a sequel of Behenein, so that we get together again. I will miss the sets, our lunch time and Sudeep's rehearsals with full on emotions, which gave me a good learning experience. We had a party on the sets for the end and it was a very emotional moment for all of us. I went to Shirdi to thank Sai Baba for the success of the show."

Smriti aka Shiju Kataria too adds her feelings, "I will miss playing Smriti as she had so many shades. It is very hard for me to believe that Behenein has ended but I am happy that the show ended with smiles. I also want to thank all my fans who supported and loved me in this show."

Producer JD Majetia is proud of his show's performance. He says, "I have mixed feelings regarding Behenein but I am happy that the show was a leader in evening time slot with 1.3 TRP which was a good sign. This show also completed 300 episodes which is a good deal and last week, our mahaepisode got a decent 1.5 TRP. The show wound up on a happy note and I am glad we survived in this tough competitive tv world where show wrap up in three or four months."

Hill Road Media
Saturday, April 30, 2011
    0  LIKE

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1677/behenein-cast%E2%80%99s-emotional-farewell.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.  It is very emotional, although I agree that the Behnein's story had ended, and happy that it ended with a good note but cant believe it had end. And I feels so sad!😭

Yesterday was the Royal Wedding day when Behnein had ended so it is a moixture of  sad and  a happy day
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice article. Thanks for sharing
xx Natasha xx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nyc Ending to Behnein! Farewell to awl in Behnein Forum x