meenagera thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Supremi,

Thanks a lot for this excellent updates of our Nihira 👏
saregama thumbnail

Originally posted by: shesthebest

Hi Rekhaji,

Will you have a chance to attend any of Nihira's concerts?  I think this going to be an eventful summer for our Top Challenge contestants... 😊

Vinayaji,

Well, I think I wont be able to attend her concerts as I would be in India those days as I told you earlier that I would be going to India in May and would be back in July......... Only thing is that I am happy for Nihira that she is atleast in the news and daily I am getting to hear about her something now..........Hope in the future if there is something following here then I would definitely attend her concerts........

Edited by saregama - 18 years ago
saregama thumbnail

Originally posted by: shesthebest

Yes, I agree... We are sentimental fans, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  For some reason I really miss Hema a lot... maybe because we don't get much news of him in the US... people in India get to see him on Telegu channel, talk shows etc...  I feel as if he's just disappeared after Challenge... What happened to all those lofty promises Aadesh made ?? Hema was supposed to get to sing all the male songs in one album... 

I agree with you guys that Hema is not to be heard except on Telegu channels. But few days back Iheard that there was some interview of Hemu on some telegu channel and one of our forum member had posted the translation of telegu interview in hindi. Hemu was asked about his Hindi assingnments and he replied that Ismail Darbaar has given him the chance to sing in his film and he didnot mention the name of the film. MAy be it is the same where Nihira is singing in "Pyar kiya toh Nibhana". Secondly even Himesh has given him chance in one of Subhash Ghai's film on SG's request.  He has joined a coaching class for learning Urdu so that he can improve his hindi diction as he has to sing for Hindi films too. And also he said that he has been asked not to disclose his assignments.So probably may be he didnot name the films......This is what I read in some of the topics posted by some Telugu member who translated everything in Hindi. But I am sure he has already been in the Telegu news but he will soon rock Hindi world too.  

Edited by saregama - 18 years ago
ab_srgmp thumbnail

Originally posted by: saregama

but he will soon rock Hindi world too.  

Can't wait.
saregama thumbnail

Cant wait?😆

I agree with you. But you have to have patience since it is just two months that C2005 is over. So the audio-video of these kids will not release soon. And once it is released soon Hemu, Nihira etc etc will be in news. So keep your fingers crossed and wait for sometime..... 

shesthebest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: saregama

I agree with you guys that Hema is not to be heard except on Telegu channels. But few days back Iheard that there was some interview of Hemu on some telegu channel and one of our forum member had posted the translation of telegu interview in hindi. Hemu was asked about his Hindi assingnments and he replied that Ismail Darbaar has given him the chance to sing in his film and he didnot mention the name of the film. MAy be it is the same where Nihira is singing in "Pyar kiya toh Nibhana". Secondly even Himesh has given him chance in one of Subhash Ghai's film on SG's request.  He has joined a coaching class for learning Urdu so that he can improve his hindi diction as he has to sing for Hindi films too. And also he said that he has been asked not to disclose his assignments.So probably may be he didnot name the films......This is what I read in some of the topics posted by some Telugu member who translated everything in Hindi. But I am sure he has already been in the Telegu news but he will soon rock Hindi world too.  

Thanks for the update on Hema.  I did see the post abt him appearing on some Telegu channel.  You know, I saw Hema for a split second on II2 on the episode where Karunya returned to Hyderabad.  😊 

This is the same film that ID promised Sharib a duet with Lataji... so that should be one interesting album for us Challenge fans. 😃 I'm really glad Hema is taking Urdu lessons... that's his weakness and he can easily overcome it with practice.  I'm just being impatient 😳  Sometimes I feel scared that people will forget them if they disappear... You have to strike when you're hot !!!

Another thing, I never understood why Gajji did not release any albums when popularity of challenge singers was at a frenzy ???  Debojit's album should have come out by now.  And while we're on the subject, you know American Idol always releases the highlights of the season on DVDs... Why don't they do that in India??  Wouldn't there be a big market for it ??  Maybe I'm missing something here, because I've been puzzled abt this for a while now 😕 😕 😕
corvallisi thumbnail
Should'nt all contestant be learning Punjabi too, in addition to Urdu, since, lately it is quite common in Hindi movies to sing in Punjabi tones? I remember in one of C2005 episodes Nihira was scolded by ID for saying she did not know Punjabi and was worried about diction. I am just curious if Himani and others can sing in Marathi. Shreya Ghoshal did during her Saregamapa contest. She sang one Marathi song so beautifully that I could not even tell that the singer is non Marathi. I think every one should have the same spirit. Our country will be one country and not split in to regionalism.
saregama thumbnail

Originally posted by: corvallisi

Should'nt all contestant be learning Punjabi too, in addition to Urdu, since, lately it is quite common in Hindi movies to sing in Punjabi tones? I remember in one of C2005 episodes Nihira was scolded by ID for saying she did not know Punjabi and was worried about diction. I am just curious if Himani and others can sing in Marathi. Shreya Ghoshal did during her Saregamapa contest. She sang one Marathi song so beautifully that I could not even tell that the singer is non Marathi. I think every one should have the same spirit. Our country will be one country and not split in to regionalism.

Well said! Agreed

I remember Nihira was scolded by ID in that particular episode and it was result episode where all contestants had to sing "balle balle songs".But I even agree that Nihira should not have said that as it was a public voting days and people get carried away with certain words and you are bound to loose because public may not accept from a singer saying that she doesnot know that particular language and so she couldnot sing...........

But Similarly I would agree that Himani would not be able to sing in Marathi too as her pronunciation of words  in Hindi itself is too bad and I have noticed this in her singing.........So what marathi song she will sing.....Anyway she is going great these days. So god bless her.........