~Article Archives~No Comments

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Mrs. Tendulkar sets become Bollyworld!!!

Mrs. Tendulkar sets become Bollyworld!!!

SAB Tv's Mrs.Tendulkar sees Bollywood stars on the sets!!!

The latest buzz is that the who's who of Bollywood was seen on the sets of SAB TV'sMrs. Tendulkar!

Surprised ? Read further to know who were present… 

Rani Ajji (Sulbha Deshpandey), one of the oldest members of the society, was bidding goodbye to the fellow colony members in one of the scenes.

But the residents decide to make her farewell a memorable one where they decided to keep the theme as Bollywood and named it a Bollywood Night Farewell! Everyone enacted, danced and even spoke like Silver Screen stars where Gangaram Godbole Shakari Bank Colony suddenly became a Bollywood film studio!

Suhaas became the Rajnikant of the day and attempted some stunts while Vaibhavi mimicked the 'Hawa Hawaii' girl, Sri Devi! Where Mr. Trivedi replicated the very famous 'Angry Young Man' of Bollywood, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan Mrs. Trivedi did a gujarati garba gig on Munni.

Mr. and Mrs. Pagare attempted Basanti and Veeru from Sholay where Veeru even reiterated his famous 'Chakki Peesing' dialogue to Raani Ajji. The love-birds of the colony, Prasad and Mayuri, put up a scene from Devdas, while Patekars were Jodha Akbar. The 'picture' looked complete with the entry of the notorious villain, Prem Chopra, played by Mr. Upasani.

Even the kids didn't leave the chance to prove their acting skills by enacting the famous stage sequence from the movie, 'Jaane Bhi Do na Yaaro'!

Deven Bhojani, aka Mrs. Tendulkar, said, "It felt like all the Bollywood stars were with us and never felt we were enacting them for a scene. We had loads of fun and masti. The whole set was decorated with posters of Bollywood movies and stars which made the colony look like a Bollywood film studio!"

To catch this interesting Bollywood night sequence on Mrs. Tendulkar, tune into SAB TV every Monday-Thursday at 09.30 pm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

birju4baby thumbnail

Deven's Interview

Talking point

What is your character like in Mrs Tendulkar?

I play the role of a house-husband who takes care of the children and takes over the household responsibilities in order to encourage his wife who works in a bank. It's a comedy show and I am known as Mrs Tendulkar on it since I do all the work that usually women do.

Why did you choose to take up this comic role?

After playing the role of Gattu in Baa, Bahoo Aur Baby, I wanted to do a role that was better than that. I got a lot of offers ' 18 to be precise ' but nothing as interesting as my new role. Also, J D Majethia is an old friend and I trusted his vision blindly.

You have been away from TV for a while now. What kept you so busy?

I went to University of Southern California, Los Angeles, to do a film-making course. Director Steven Spielberg and George Locus were members of the faculty and it was an amazing experience.

You are also a very known facein theatre.

I enjoy performing on stage — in front of a live audience more than anything. It gives you a different thrill altogether. Theatre has helped me a lot in my acting career as well. As a theatre artist, we practice for months. But over time I have realised that for an actor, the medium doesn't matter.

Of all the roles you have played, which one's your favourite?

Gattu is very close to my heart for the kind of response and reaction the character received. Now, I have started enjoying this new role, Mrs Tendulkar.

You have been a part of the television industry for more than a decade. How do you think it has changed?

When I had just begun working, we had some amazing shows like Zabaan Sambhaal Ke, Buniyaad and Hum Log. I, personally try and retain that flavour in the shows I direct, produce or act in. Of late, there is a lot of focus on rural-based shows and I think that it is a great shift. The viewers have increased as TV is within everyone's reach.

Edited by birju4baby - 13 years ago
-Ritz- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Its-a-challenging-role-for-me-Deven/articleshow/7390044.cms

It's a challenging role for me: Deven

Aatish Kapadia, Deven Bhojani and JD Majethia
Funnyman Deven Bhojani is ready to don the apron and take charge of the kitchen.

Not in real life, but for his new show, produced by JD Majethia and Aatish Kapadia, "Mrs Tendulkar" that premieres tonight at 9.30 pm (and every Monday to Thursday) on SAB TV.

Deven had played a cook in the popular sitcom " Dekh Bhai Dekh", but this time it's different. He is an educated guy, who chooses to stay back home and let his wife go out to earn. He happens to be a domesticated husband and his wife, essayed by popular actor Kishori Godbole, is a bank manager. But the catch is that Mrs and Mr Tendulkar are on a mission. She has to bring the bank to a profitable position while helping him to learn the rules of domestic life. The show is about the journey of this couple and how they cope with the resistance from other residents and eventually end up as one big family.

"I am very excited about my character in the show as it's a challenging role for me. This is something that I have never done before," says Deven.

Adds Majethia, "We were contemplating with this idea for a long time. We are very sure that this serial will be loved by housewives, working women, working men and also men who work at home!"

Anooj Kapoor, Business Head, SAB, told TOI, ""Mrs Tendulkar" is set against a Maharashtrian background. The show has a winning combination of JD, Aatish, Sameer Kulkarni and Deven, along with Kishori Godbole, who is a popular Marathi theatre and film artiste. This show will strengthen our content offering and help us get incremental reach from Maharashtra."

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Deven returns as Mrs. Tendulkar
The lovable 'Gattu' of Baa Bahoo aur Baby aka Deven Bhojani returns to TV after a long hiatus with Mrs Tendulkar on SAB TV tonight.

Deven plays a husband who works from home so he handles the household duties while his wife attends office. The show is a comedy but also has a social message that husbands should encourage their wives to pursue their dreams. We spoke to Deven about why he decided to return to the small screen as Mrs. Tendulkar, read on to find out what he had to say.

"The audience has given me so much love and accepted all my characters right from Dekh Bhai Dekh to Baa Bahoo aur Baby. After Baa Bahoo aur Baby ended I took a break and went abroad for 3 months where I pursued a course in film direction in Los Angeles. After returning I got about 18 offers but none of them sounded too exciting. However when my friends who have almost become like my brothers now, Aatish and JD offered me Mrs. Tendulkar I could not refuse it. At first I was shocked when they told me I will be playing the title role but after they explained the concept, I fell in love with this show", says Deven

Speaking about the story of the show the actor says "The story is about employees living in the quarters provided by their bank. So the characters are together at work and even after it. I play Suhas Tendulkar who works as a writer of daily soaps that are huge hits. I work from home while my wife is an employee at the bank. She gets the opportunity to become manager but is worried about how she will balance her work as well as household responsibilities. However I assure her that I will look after the kids and her other duties while she is at work. I am not too good at managing duties of the household but I am enthusiastic about leaning". Revealing some more interesting aspects about his role Deven says "The housewives in the colony are gossip mongers and I try to be a part of the ladies club and they are happy to include me. The ladies also address me as Mrs Tendulkar".

Speaking about his co-stars Deven says " Most of the actors are comparatively new on TV as they belong to theatre but it is fun working with them".

On a parting note Deven says " I want to thank my fans for all their love and request them to continue to support me as my new character Mrs Tendulkar. We are targeting the family audience. I am sure the audience will smile while watching the show and couples with the situations shown in it".