deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I realized today just how interesting Madhu's character is. Especially in the same frame as Dutta. I mean, I really liked their few moments of interaction - specifically that one scene in which she fed him and he asked her about her life in London - because I feel that their relationship goes deeper than the one he has to his other "siblings". It's strange, isn't it? Madhu just entered his life a few months ago and already she cares for him more than his other "sisters" ever did.

Even Dutta feels that she's different, more caring and earnest, than Kala-Leela-Roops. She's the one who interacts with Nakku as if they're sisters. She admires him in a way, and cares for him when Nakku isn't around. She's honest and speaks from her heart (just like him). I wish that the CVs had allowed the newfound relationship between Dutta and his sister to evolve some more, to develop and grow closer. Because Madhu is the only real sister that he has, the directly blood-related sister and the only one who truly cares for him without asking for anything in return.

I hope that the CV will give Dutta and Madhu a chance to explore their relationship and learn more about one another. Madhu is far more interesting than Leela and Roops, and I feel that there could be a fun story to tell with her and Baji - I don't think Dutta would approve of their feelings right away, what with Baji being in the dhanda and all that. But it could be fun to see the overprotective brother side of Dutta when it comes to Madhu.

I also missed her in the recent episodes. Why the CVs aren't showing her sorrow, her grief, or her pain regarding her brother's disappearance/possible death is beyond me. He is the only family that she has left in the world. I mean close family. Kala and the girls don't count as close, or family, considering the way that they behave toward her. It's strange that she doesn't insist on going with on the searches for her brother. Wouldn't it be an opportunity for her and Baji to get even closer, and a way to show how she supports Nakku whom she has grown so fond of?

Anyway. Just wanted to share my thoughts on a character that I believe could have a much more important role to play and that could be developed further, intertwined with Dutta and Baji.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mishimano thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Elysia...sorry dear don't know ur name๐Ÿ˜ณ.......... yup totally agree with u๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ....... if possible then plzz pass ur idea to CVs๐Ÿ˜ณ
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishimano

Elysia...sorry dear don't know ur name๐Ÿ˜ณ.......... yup totally agree with u๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ....... if possible then plzz pass ur idea to CVs๐Ÿ˜ณ

My name is Ana ๐Ÿ˜Š
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
        U put my thoughts into words, completely agree with u here, the relation of Madhu with dutta went lull which otherwise could have been such an interesting track, a complete let down by the CVs. ๐Ÿ˜”

They've failed on so many other counts as well with the current track of seema, the disappearance of kishore nd leela nd roops on and off, the many bloopers, oh!  the list is endless,  oops, sorry for the blabber.
AreYaar thumbnail
I have to disagree.....Madhu as a character has not been fleshed out well at all and barring that one scene when she feeds Dutta and talks to him, hasn't been given a single genuine moment in this show which would give her character credibility....all she does is flounce around in a hyper manner going "mamma mamma" or cry about why no one pays attention to her in PN and wait for Baaji to console her......the character has not been given much depth and was kinda randomly just thrown into the show and now in keeping with the way characters randomly appear and disappear in this show......she's in disappear mode currently and Roops gets a few scenes instead.

It really can't be said for sure which sister is really "genuine" in that sense cuz the whims and fancies of the creatives keep on changing....when it suits them, suddenly Roops is missing Dutta and wishing he isn't dead and comes back....and Madhu has dropped off the face of the earth....and when it will suit them, Madhu will be back again just in time to probably shed tears of happiness when Dutta returns....and Roops will randomly turn evil again....they don't leave much credibility for the characters in that sense.

And I disagree that Madhu is the only family Dutta has left.....in my opinion, the only real family Dutta has are Nakku and Baaji.....family is not just about blood relations. The Madhu-Dutta "bonding" in this show has been forced at best barring the dinner scene.
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

I have to disagree.....Madhu as a character has not been fleshed out well at all and barring that one scene when she feeds Dutta and talks to him, hasn't been given a single genuine moment in this show which would give her character credibility....all she does is flounce around in a hyper manner going "mamma mamma" or cry about why no one pays attention to her in PN and wait for Baaji to console her......the character has not been given much depth and was kinda randomly just thrown into the show and now in keeping with the way characters randomly appear and disappear in this show......she's in disappear mode currently and Roops gets a few scenes instead.

It really can't be said for sure which sister is really "genuine" in that sense cuz the whims and fancies of the creatives keep on changing....when it suits them, suddenly Roops is missing Dutta and wishing he isn't dead and comes back....and Madhu has dropped off the face of the earth....and when it will suit them, Madhu will be back again just in time to probably shed tears of happiness when Dutta returns....and Roops will randomly turn evil again....they don't leave much credibility for the characters in that sense.

And I disagree that Madhu is the only family Dutta has left.....in my opinion, the only real family Dutta has are Nakku and Baaji.....family is not just about blood relations. The Madhu-Dutta "bonding" in this show has been forced at best barring the dinner scene.

Interesting arguments.

First, I do think that Madhu started out as a genuine character and still is. Compared to Kala, Leela, and Roops, she's the most genuine of the sisters - the only sister who has truly shown that she cares for her brother. I do agree that the CV haven't given her any amount of actual substance. They stopped before they'd even gotten started.

I don't see how she's hyper or flounces around. She reminds me a lot of Nakku in the beginning of the show. Talkative, honest, smiling, and someone who wants to be close to the people that she cares about. The CVs haven't taken time to develop her character much, and especially now with the Seema-Chaskar-Kala track, there's been even less of her. But I do believe that she has a lot to offer if given the chance. In fact, I believe that she could prove to be a much stronger character than Roops and Leela combined.

Regarding Madhu, I don't believe that she was randomly thrown in. I felt that she had a purpose and a role to play in Dutta's life. However, suddenly the CVs simply forgot about her somewhere along the way. That doesn't deem her character useless, though. I do think that the CVs can still save the character of Madhu if they give her a chance. And I believe that there can be a different track for Baji and her with a lot more to show and tell than what was (or wasn't) between Baji and Roops.

I do agree that the CVs keep on changing some of their characters. For instance, Roops and at times Leela. But I sense that Madhu is earnest by heart. She is the sister that Dutta deserves.

I understand your comment about family not being alone about blood-relations. But what I meant was that if we speak of blood-relation, then Madhu is the only sister that Dutta has. Yes, I agree that Baji, Nakku and AS are his family, but my comment was regarding the fact that Dutta isn't son of AS and the blood-related brother of Kala-Leela-Roops. But he is the blood-related brother of Madhu, and no matter what people might say about family not being about blood, in the end blood relations do matter to an extent. To find out that you have a sister means a lot to Dutta, even if he didn't show it when she first showed up.

And if one looks closely at the one moment between him and Madhu in which he opened his heart, one will notice that he hasn't shared such a moment with either of his other "sisters". That alone, in my opinion, speaks a lot about their relationship and its potential depth. That is, if the CVs decide to dig deeper.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elysia

Interesting arguments.

First, I do think that Madhu started out as a genuine character and still is. Compared to Kala, Leela, and Roops, she's the most genuine of the sisters - the only sister who has truly shown that she cares for her brother. Hmmm so the only criteria for "genuine" is that the person in question be a "positive" character? Being a "positive" character automatically makes Madhu a great character? I disagree again....to make a character genuine, their motivations need to be shown beyond a "Oh you're my long lost brother, I love you muah muahh"๐Ÿ˜•....I find those to be quite superficial characteristics. We are TOLD that she's positive....and her bonding with the characters has been THRUST on to them....no sense of subtlety.

I don't see how she's hyper or flounces around. She reminds me a lot of Nakku in the beginning of the show. Talkative, honest, smiling, and someone who wants to be close to the people that she cares about. Woahhhh there! She reminds you of NAKKU??๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†.....Ok again I have to disagree vehemently....Nakku has her child-like traits of naivete no doubt but Madhu doesn't....Madhu comes across as more whiny and ignorant than anything else....whiny that ppl aren't giving her love just cuz she's shown up as Dutta's sister....and honestly innocence toh bahut door ki baat hai....just cuz she keeps childishly demanding for Dutta's love doesn't make her the same as Nakku and lastly the actress playing Madhu can't bring across that innocence that Nakku has in a million years....she looks older than Baaji.

I do agree that the CVs keep on changing some of their characters. For instance, Roops and at times Leela. But I sense that Madhu is earnest by heart. She is the sister that Dutta deserves. Really? So this is just about deserving? Madhu has a big stamp of POSITIVE CARING SISTER on her forehead so she is the only one who is worthy of being Dutta's sister? No matter how superficially those "caring" traits are shown?.....I'd think Dutta would deserve a sister who has some depth and complexity to her character more than anything else....a sister who has more to life than just running around crying "bhaiyya bhaiyya" and "mumma mumma"....why are we never shown any of Madhu's motivations beyond her obsession with wanting Dutta's affection and overnight becoming BFFs with Nakku? Dutta is such an interesting, complex character and his "deserving" sister is so one-dimensional? Sad.....Roops may be "evil" but atleast they've shown more layers to her character in comparison.

And if one looks closely at the one moment between him and Madhu in which he opened his heart, one will notice that he hasn't shared such a moment with either of his other "sisters". That alone, in my opinion, speaks a lot about their relationship and its potential depth. That is, if the CVs decide to dig deeper. That moment was also born of the fact that Madhu was talking to him about NAKKU....Dutta shares a different sort of relationship with each of his sisters....it's different with Kala, it's different with Roops....if we want to talk moments, I also loved the moment during the DP track when Dutta is worried about Roops and she comes down to save Baaji and Dutta kinda pats her on the head affectionately....he shares a unique relationship with Roops that way too which the creatives haven't bothered fleshing out either.

Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This thought has always been on my mind since the day Madhu entered the show.Thanks for bringing about this post๐Ÿ˜Š You have spoken my mind.

I was so thrilled the day they announced the entry of D's sister in the show especially since I was so disappointed with the handling of the DP track. Here would be someone who would love D unconditionally & I fervently hoped would shove it up Kala so to speak on behalf of her brother.A sort of a Maratha tigress being DP's daughter & D' sister.Alas how my heart sank when she entered the show dressed like a plastic doll & behaving even more bizarrely. The concept is so fantastic. But the execution so sloppy.So much could have been done & there is still hope if only CVs would put their mind to it.Its a goldmine to be tapped. There is so much potential here.I love the idea of D army being fortified by the presence of Madhu. D's own kid sister.

The girl loves D without expecting anything in return.All she wants is acceptance by her brother. She didn't seek attention but was merely standing forlornly when Baji happened to ask her why she was sad. Her grievance was a reply to Baji's concerned query.Its only human.When ignored for days on end in a totally new place if someone shows genuine concern we do pour out our heart to them. What's wrong in that? Won't you run calling after your mom if she is leaves a room very distressed.Don't know about others but I surely would go screaming after her.By nature she is so much like D.Good natured & pure hearted.That she means no harm to D & loves him just like AS,Baji & Nakku is good enough for me to like her.

The presence of a character like Madhu in D's life & the handling of her character by the creatives are two entirely different issues. When we talk of Madhu we mean D's loving sister who would be another strong pillar in his life.Its not right to mix up the two issues & go after her alone.If anyone is to blame here its the creatives not the character Madhu.
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
[

Interesting arguments.

First, I do think that Madhu started out as a genuine character and still is. Compared to Kala, Leela, and Roops, she's the most genuine of the sisters - the only sister who has truly shown that she cares for her brother. I do agree that the CV haven't given her any amount of actual substance. They stopped before they'd even gotten started.

I don't see how she's hyper or flounces around. She reminds me a lot of Nakku in the beginning of the show. Talkative, honest, smiling, and someone who wants to be close to the people that she cares about. The CVs haven't taken time to develop her character much, and especially now with the Seema-Chaskar-Kala track, there's been even less of her. But I do believe that she has a lot to offer if given the chance. In fact, I believe that she could prove to be a much stronger character than Roops and Leela combined.

Regarding Madhu, I don't believe that she was randomly thrown in. I felt that she had a purpose and a role to play in Dutta's life. However, suddenly the CVs simply forgot about her somewhere along the way. That doesn't deem her character useless, though. I do think that the CVs can still save the character of Madhu if they give her a chance. And I believe that there can be a different track for Baji and her with a lot more to show and tell than what was (or wasn't) between Baji and Roops.

I do agree that the CVs keep on changing some of their characters. For instance, Roops and at times Leela. But I sense that Madhu is earnest by heart. She is the sister that Dutta deserves.

I understand your comment about family not being alone about blood-relations. But what I meant was that if we speak of blood-relation, then Madhu is the only sister that Dutta has. Yes, I agree that Baji, Nakku and AS are his family, but my comment was regarding the fact that Dutta isn't son of AS and the blood-related brother of Kala-Leela-Roops. But he is the blood-related brother of Madhu, and no matter what people might say about family not being about blood, in the end blood relations do matter to an extent. To find out that you have a sister means a lot to Dutta, even if he didn't show it when she first showed up.

And if one looks closely at the one moment between him and Madhu in which he opened his heart, one will notice that he hasn't shared such a moment with either of his other "sisters". That alone, in my opinion, speaks a lot about their relationship and its potential depth. That is, if the CVs decide to dig deeper.
[/QUOTE]
I couldn't have said it better. The moments spent with Roop was more or less abt her wellbeing & concern for her.But the moment with Madhu was pouring his heart out.I've never seen him talk about his feelings to his cousins. The "unique" relationship with Roop is there because somewhere in his heart of hearts D is sure the girl's got a few nuts loose in her brain.Hence the extra care.
AreYaar thumbnail
I find it interesting that in the case of Madhu, we are expected by some ppl not to say anything about the character since it is all the "creatives's doing", but when it comes to Roops, then it's fine to say whatever cuz apparently then the "logic" of "let's only blame the creatives" doesn't seem to apply.....very interesting๐Ÿ˜†