Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

funnymonkey thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hahah lvoed the update...plz add me to ur pm list...hahah ohh i would love to try tht game it seems fun lol.ahhaha
Since I got a lot of questions about the game here it is.
It's actually not a game lol
It's just a French term to ask 'game or not'. It's from the movie J'eux enfants ('love me if you dare' no it's not the translation but the English name of the movie)
If you liked the dares then this movie takes dares to a different level. Watch it if you can get your hands on it.
Let's stick to maneet after this :)
punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Super duper amazing update!

I'm going to Las Vegas next year too! hopefully I'll have a Maan type of guy with me too Lol

loving the story line.. con't soon!

I hoped you like this one too.I wanted to write this...because I felt Maan and Geet needed their promises to be clarified to each other...

Part 16: Classic case of self preservation…

<Geet's monologue>

I was holding his hand on the terrace…My mind kept playing the moment a thousand times a day…It had been a couple of weeks since our LV trip…Everyone had done a little bit to get me out of the the state I was in…Meera was my source of support to a large extent…Yash was the joker…and Maan had a way of staying around me even if he wasn't…he just never left my mind…

I started taking the 7.30 AM subway…I left early nowadays…I also took the 6.00 PM subway in the evenings…I no longer had luch at Caf Lulu…I now get it from NY Deli…just around the corner and go back to my desk…I asked Josh to put me on additional projects…I now have my hands full…I joined the gym that was a couple of blocks from the apartment..I was training to be independent…I didn't know if this was the right thing to do…but I didn't think about the five years of my life that I spent with Dev and that too me was more important…

Meera didn't question my absence from her life…she was fine as long as I didn't cry myself to sleep…

Yash came everyday as always for dinner…but Maan…

<Maan's monologue>

I got busy with work..with Q3 closing I had to churn out so many decks…I had not gotten a chance to talk to her since the night on the terrace…I tried to catch her on the subway but it was all in vain…I didn't know if I could ask Yash and Meera about her timings…but I didn't want to make it obvious. She did come down to all our meetings…but there was always someone else invited as well…I saw her a few times on the hallway but I was surrpounded by people…We only greeted with smiles and not words…I didn't call her…The first week after the trip…I was very busy and the week after…I wasn't sure if I could and now it had come to the point where if I did, it would seem out of the ordinary…I only pinged her occasionally for work…she would answer to the point…very rarely she would enquire about me and just when I would be hoping that our conversation could shift to a personal one…some one would either want to meet her…or she would have a meeting or some reason that would not let us go ahead with the conversation.

Nature has its own way of working things out…The first week I met her…I was bumping into her every five minutes and it almost seemed like we were intentially being brought together to close down on the distance between us…so that I would be there to help her out when she needed me…and ever since our trip…the "we" started to fade…Meera and Yash called me out a couple of times after our LV trip…I couldn't make it because of work…I didn't know if it was nature's way of telling me to stay away from her…not get used to her. Should I make an effort to go against nature? Should I try contacting her…or atleast check on her…

I had an early meeting that day…I was on my way to the train station, when I spotted her disappearing into the busy subway…I missed her just by a few seconds…It was almost like the higher power had listened to my complaints…Later in the day…I had a lunch meeting a couple of blocks away and I once again saw her come out of NY deli…It was unsual of her to take lunch back to her desk…she needed people..and she always had lunch with Meera and Yash…I cam in late that evening…I couldn't understand when I saw her crossing the street in her gym clothes and walking to the nearest gym…something didn't seem right…It looked like the classic case of self preservation…

I knew that because I was an expert at that…I did the exact thing when someone hurt me the same way…Geet was still hurt…She was alienating herself from people…

<Geet's monologue>

I finished the gym and stepped out…the breeze was perfect to cool down my body…when I was about to step into the side walk…that's when I heard "Hot Chocolate…"

He was standing by the door side…dressed for the evening in a casual shirt, coat and jeans…with the most handsome smile on his face…

Maan: " I know this french place nearby that serves the best hot choloate in town…chalen…"

Geet:" Maan…actually…mujhe kaam.." He cut me off…and dragged me to the car…

We reached the caf..on any other day it would have been the perfect little cozy place to wind down…but I was not ready for it today…

Maan placed an order for two hot chocolates...and as any French place oozes of romance in everything they cook and serve…they served our hot chololate in two perfect heart shaped cups and some berries…

Geet:" Aah…cute…" He was embarrassed…

Maan:" May be I should ask them to get another cup…"

Geet:" No its fine…leave it…"

I took a sip and it was divine…How does he always manage to pick the most exotic of the variety? I wondered…

Geet:" This is just perfect….thank you…"

Maan:" No problem…"

Geet:" So how did you find me…"

Maan:"I saw you going towards the gym when I was coming back from office…and.."

I cut him off…

Geet:" and you decided to stalk me…"

I could tell he didn't like my statement…

Maan:" if that is what I have to do…to get to meet you….then yes…"

I was taken back by his statement…I was surprised I didn't get to see his usual anger..

Geet:" Interesting…"

Maan:" So looks like you have been hiding well…I couldn't spot you at all…What are you up to Geet?"

Geet:" Me nothing…Josh ne bahuth kaam assign kar diya tha…busy thee..that's it…"

Maan:" Main Josh se baath karoon…"

Geet:" Nahin…" I didn't like where he was going…" Nahin..it fine now…"

Maan:" Are you sure Geet ki tum mujse sab sach bol rahi ho?"

Geet:" Why would I lie to you?...main aapse kuch chupaavungi nahin…."

Maan:" So you will tell me the truth if I ask you about the train timings…about eating lunch at your desk…and about the new gym…"

Geet:" Ji….woh…"

Maan:" Geet…jab joot balte ho…to pakde jaate ho…don't even try…"

He seemed angry…

Maan:" I know exactly what you are doing…Please Geet…Meera might not be noticing…but I can see it…"

I wanted to hear what he had on his mind…I was looking at him…I couldn't take my eyes off him…it had been a long time I saw him this close…

Maan:"tum apne aap ko logon se door kar rahi ho…this is not good…don't do the same thing…I…"

He didn't have to complete the sentence…I knew what he meant..

Geet:" Main kyun na karoon…if I'm going to be dependent on people…I'm going to get hurt…anyways…you do this all the time…and you are doing good…"

He was agitated…and angered and frustrated…

Maan:" Kisne kaha ki main teek hoon…"

He realized what he had said….he looked out the caf window and was silent for a long time…

He was mad at me…and I badly wanted him to talk to me…It had been a long time since we met and I didn't want to ruin it…

I was patiently waiting for him to break the silence..and that's when I noticed that we were mirroring each other…I knew exactly what to do…

He placed his hand on his forhead and I did too…He leaned back and I did too…he was playing with the porcelain spoon on the table and I did too…He took a sip and I did too…and then he smiled noticing what was happening and I did too…

Geet:" Sorry…."

Maan:" Now why do you want to be sorry…"

Geet:" Because…I made you angry…and I don't like to…" He cut me off…

Maan:" Tum mere liye kuch kar sakthi ho…"

I was all ears…this was the first time he was going to ask me something…

Geet:" hmmm…boliye Maan…"

Maan:" You will spend two hours with someone everyday…aur tum mujhe promise karo ki you will do it at any cost no matter what…"

I was taken back…Two hours…kiske paas utna time hai…

Geet:"Maan…ab itne kaam ke beech…" He cut me off yet again…

Maan:"Tum karoge ki nahin…achha ek gante to kar sakthi ho…"

Geet:" Maan people are busy…nobody can sit with me for an hour…"

Maan:" It doesn't have to be the same person..common Geet…you can go to office with Meera…that is 20 mts…have lunch with someone..Another 20 mts…Meet Yash for Dinner..that should be 40 mts atleast…"

Geet:" Aur aap ke saath…"

Maan:"I know…I was busy too…"

Geet:"And you promise me that you will spend time with someone for 1 hr too…"

Maan:" Main to har roj 9-10 hrs logon ke saath hi hota hoon…"

Geet:" Woh to office time hain…aur personal time…aapne to mujse promise bhi kiye the ki aap kooshish karenge…but you don't keep your promise and now you ask me to make mine…"

<Maan's monologue> Ziddi…I didn't want to linger on this…I know I promised…but something was bothering me…it was as if she had a fishing line down my throat and pulling words out of my mouth…things I didn't or wouldn't want to tell anyone…

Maan:"Haan…maine promise kiya tha…but you have been hiding too…"

Geet:"I don't understand…"

He seemed irritated now…

Maan:" I promised to spend time with you…not with everyone on the road…"

<Geet's monologue> I was surprised…actually pleasantly surprised…I guess certain things don't change…it doesn't matter how much you try to change…but your inner core remains the same…I didn't want to hide…atleast not from him…

Geet:" Please…Maan…look at me…please calm down…"

I kept my hand on top of his…he pushed it away…I tried once again…he didnt move this time…

Geet:" Maan…sorry…phir se nahin hoga…"

Maan:" Actually …I shouldn't have…not spok…"

Geet:" Maan…its fine…I understand…you were worried for me…"

He smiled…we talked for some more time…we talked about work for a bit…It was as if he was trying to guage me how I was doing with every word I said…he was playing Dr.Pshycic…I didn't want him to worry for me anymore…I was not going to stay away from him…I think he said something along the same lines too…but I knew deep inside that he wanted to keep his side of the promise as well.

I didn't have a problem feeling hot chocolate in my stomach…I hope he did too

nisha_bh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
last 3 parts were gr888888!!!!!!!
it was really nice to see how maan,meera n yash r trying to get geet out of all this things....n d LV trip was also nice....
but u know wat i liked d most????its maan n geet's relationship....its more dan a frndship....
look,even meera hasn't noticed tat geet is trying to stay away 4m people...though she is a gr8 frnd of her....its maan who has noticed all this n trying to make her feel better....
how much he is concerned about her....its really awesome to see....
u know,there is a word in sanskrit..."purbarag"...to exxplain this situation...i think both of them r going thru it....
gr88888 going gal....😊
punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
aww loved this update.

i've never had berries in my hot chocolate BUT will need to try that next time. lol

con't soon hun!
kirannaryani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey Thats so Interesting...........
Loved it Dear............
Pls do continue soon..............
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey,

I just read the intro on page 1 and it looks captivating. Geet already married for 5 years, she married at the age of 18. Therefore, she is 23 right now.

NYK n T Dot...amazing story line. Will continue to read ahead. In meantime, please add me to PM list.
Thanks
Rachana
mitzi11 thumbnail

great the three parts pls cont soonnnnnnnnn i cant wait the love to be blossom 

charlie1950 thumbnail
u got me hooked 2 ur ff missy
really nice story and narration
grt goin,keep it up