Poll

Performance Rating

Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

19

Views

2.1k

Users

15

Likes

18

Frequent Posters

461339 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#11
nothing short of a 10! 😃
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
#12
KK is one of my favorite amongst the singers these days.
I may have heard this song here and there. But I am not really fond of it.
But overall I just Love KK's voice. 😊
Edited by ZoobiDoobi - 16 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#13
Great singing by K.K.


You could see, even early in his career this guy was terrific. To be honest, its as of late I'm really appreciating his singing. I've recently realized how many great songs he has sung. And these days, its as if all the top hits are sung by K.K. I mean, just look at all the 2010 hits, and many will be sung by K.K.

This song he sang great. This song required good feel by the singer, he brought it, there were some high notes he had to hit, he hit them well. I think his voice is a little sharper today compared to 1999, but there is not too much difference. He was great then as well.

Overall, this was great singing, though to be honest, nothing really stood out. So just great flawless singing with good voice quality.


Rating: 8/10

Edited by ssk13809 - 16 years ago
somone999 thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#14
Ahhh.. one of my most favourite tracks.. Its simplicity and lyrics are the things I love.. So, close to life.. 😍

Even in a simple song like this, K.K puts in so much soul. Though, the voice is not as polished as it is now, there is a little huskiness, rawness in his voice here.. In some areas, I felt he could have been a bit more softer in tone.. Expressions; apt and nicely portrayed.. A relatively simple song, but still touches the heart because of its very trait of being uncomplicated.. Good performance, indeed..

Would like to give an 8 out of 10..
Summer3 thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#15
ONe of my most favourite song of his is "Zindagi mein koi khabi " with the female version also done superbly by Richa Sharma.
this is also another tenner.
there seem to more votes here than participants😆
Rimpa. thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#16

KK is one of my favourite singers of all time..His voice has so much passion, every song sung by him portrays the right kind of emotion required.

This was my college song and I personally feel that in terms of gayaki KK has much better songs but the for the feel and nostalgia I'll give 9/10 to this.

Shreyacool thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Commentator Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#17

Originally posted by: xobile

Limited number of songs?
He's probably singing more than Shaan, Sonu and Udit these days...
Anyway, I completely agree with you on the expressions point. And great song choice by Ssk (he's got a good ear if you ignore the Reshammania 😆).
KK, Javed and Udit - top three of this round imo.
9/10

HEy xo u pointed out the exact thing. even I was wondering about sids above statement😆
mind-googling thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#18
There are songs that sound easy but aren't easy to sing, and there are songs that sound easy and are also easy to sing. The latter applies to "Yaaron". It is relatively easy because a certain Western style and approach have been adopted without the slightest adaptation to Indian ways. Western tunes have been used in Indian cinema for ages, but they were always given some Indian touch that made them more demanding to sing. Only for the last few years, it's been common practice to use raw Western styles.

Oh, I'm blathering much. KK's singing is touching and a little sentimental here just as the song demands. There are some minor flaws, but it doesn't matter in the genre which he's singing in. It's good singing overall, nearly 7.5.

7


🤓
Edited by mind-googling - 16 years ago
debayon thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#19
Good singing by KK, but the feel was quite there, compared to some of his other songs, or some of the other songs in thsi contest. I mean, just listen to this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O1tCU5gTrg[/YOUTUBE]
Compare that feel to this song, you will see it falls flat kinda. Anyways, coming to the singing and the sur, I'd say it was pretty good, but then again, this is a very easy song(again compared to the 2 categories mentioned above).
A 7!
risingabove thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#20
Poll is closed!!!



Audience Avg: 8.6
Judges Avg: 8.4


Final Score: 8.5

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".