ladygaga thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Lara Dutta, Mahesh Bhupathi engaged
It's official now! Mahesh Bhupati and Lara Dutta got engaged last week in New York. Bhupathi has made this announced on Twitter saying, "So Lara and me got engaged in NY last week".

No sooner did Bhupthai post this online than he was flooded with congratulatory wishes. The couple has been in New York since August for the US Open and Davis cup, and also because Lara had to attend a photoshoot for a magazine.

Bhupathi was claimed to be the apparent reason behind Lara dumping Dino Morea. The lady has been held responsible for the divorce between Bhupathi and Shwetha Jaishankar. The couple has of late given ample indications of their closeness, including hand-in-hand appearances at many award shows. But rumours of them living in were subsequently rubbished. Though the industry has been anxiously waiting for a confirmation on their alleged romantic relationship, both remained coy... but things have clearly changed now! We wish the couple all the best!
http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/news/Lara-Dutta-Mahesh-Bhupathi-engaged/articleshow/6584966.cmsEdited by ladygaga - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
That's shocking news to me

eww sports guys are so unfaithful. Didn't he cheated he's wife?
I like Lara Dutta and I wish her luck
Damn... she'll be called Mrs. Bhupathi... 🤣 ..what pity.. 😆
Terenaina thumbnail
I feel so sorry for lara. Once a cheater always a cheater. Women think that they can change a man's bad habit but it's impossible sometimes
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
but didn't lara also cheated on her ex bf?? What goes around comes around, Karma! both are perfect each other, one cheater marrying another cheater.😆
Edited by Zareena - 13 years ago
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
We don't even know them personally..So why bother raking the old "rumored" stories?? Do we even have proof that they cheated..Wishing both a success!
smilecheese thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ For Mahesh, his ex wife came out and said that he had cheated with Lara (who used to be a close friend of hers)... what more proof do you need?

But be careful Lara...
Terenaina thumbnail
yes he's wife did say he's cheated on her and that's the correct proof that you can get
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sapnon_ki_pari

^ For Mahesh, his ex wife came out and said that he had cheated with Lara (who used to be a close friend of hers)... what more proof do you need?

But be careful Lara...

thank you😊
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Mahesh Bhupathi's Ex(First)-Wife Shvetha Jaishankar Talks About Mahesh Bhupathi and Lara Dutta Affair

'Mahesh's relationship with Lara started when we were still married'. Mahesh Bhupathi's patni comes clean about her cheating hubby

Mahesh Bhupathi's wife, model Shvetha Jaishankar has spoken up for the first time. In this month's Savvy magazine, she reveals how her tennis ace hubby cheated on her and that he started going around with Lara Dutta even before their divorce came through.

Shvetha Jaishankar, Mahesh Bhupathi's Ex Wife

Excerpts From the Interview with Shvetha Jaishankar by Savvy magazine:

Lara was not the first he was distracted by...
I don't know when Mahesh met Lara Dutta but all I can say is that she was the client of our celebrity and sports management company and their relationship did start while we were married. And she was not the first one he was distracted by. There were others and I have evidence, but who wants to get into the muddle now? I don't want to say anything more about Mahesh and Lara except that I wish he was sensitive enough to wait till our divorce came through, before being seen around with her so publicly.

Lara Dutta with Mahesh Bhupathi at IIFA 2010 in Colombo

I was nothing more than a new-age trophy wife for him...
He wanted out and I cooperated because I did not want to continue in a one-sided relationship. But this is not how a person who has been a supporting wife should have been treated. Men of this kind are so overtly ambitious that they have a partner who fits in with their ambitious streak. I think I served a purpose in his life at that point of time -- he wanted an educated, good looking partner from a good family but I now realise I was nothing more that a new-age trophy wife for him.

Lara probably fits in with his current plans...
Mahesh seems like he is in a frenzy, collecting trophies on and off the court and Lara probably fits in with his current plans. But again, if he did what he did to me -- a woman he loved -- he is capable of doing this to Lara as well.

Mahesh Bupathi with wife Shvetha Jaishankar

Lara and I have been acquaintances...
Lara and I did shows together. So, in that sense, we've been acquaintances. I even recall initiating talks to bring her in as a client of our company. I remember Mahesh telling me that client relationships should be handled by our managers and not by him or me and that it was not professional for the directors of the company to be so close to them! Was it his way of distancing from his intentions? I will never know.