And another song that I absolutely love. She sung it very well. There were places in the song where I felt she emphasized a bit more than was necessary. I also thought the variations were lacking in her voice. But other than that a great attempt!
Final Rating: 8
Looks like you are new here. Register for free, learn and
contribute.
First impression of the female singing is of a voice which is coming out a software, has effects in it. Expressions are weak, not that much connective as they should be. Throw is not powerful. Nothing variably difficult to sing here. The high notes are good. The powerful up-beat tone of the song that keeps you going with it. Overall, a very average performance. Not impressive.
Finally a decent performance by Vasundhara Das after the 1st 2 failures. This was a little better, as she always sounds good for Preity Zinta, that's why she has sung so many songs for her. This was a pretty good performance overall. I don't have much time to comment more this time, so I'll just leave it at that, good performance.
I think Vishal and Shekhar knew that they had a pretty bog standard filmi bhangra-masti-dhamaal tune on their hands to spice up. There is little room for the singers to show much talent. After all the song has fairly straight tunes, comfortable notes, few nuances and one happy expression throughout. Vasundhara's rendition is limited by all these factors but she manages to add something extra with her ethereal voice, which sounds particularly pleasing when the male and female portions sing 'aa milja phir gale hanste hanste'.
But that can only take her rendition up to 6 marks: above average, even with nothing much to do!