What a different kind of show!

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey this was the very first time that I watched rishta.com and I can just KNOW that I am gonna LOVE this show without even having to see any further epis!

The whole approach of the show is so different and relate-able. The dialogues are casual, off-hand and so real because I would react in exactly the same way! I love the non-heavy duty melodramatic approach and the sense of FUN that radiates through the entire episode!

Also I love the fact that rohan and isha, the show's lead couple aren't in lowwee yet and that it will take them some time to do so. And als the fact that this show does not go for stereotypes. There is none of the 'slip-catch-fall' nonsense. The other stereotype is isha's friend, the other girl with the curly hair. She is super-sexy and looks to be only into boys and dating and yadda yadda but breaking the stereotype is the fact that she is:

1) Not crushing after the main lead (i.e Rohan)
2) Is on great terms with Isha
3) Her one great aim in life is NOT to find new ways to doobofy Isha all the time. 😆

After a long long time I am getting the star one-y feeling i.e the feeling that I got when star one was new and had all the rocking shows like remix, HK, SS, Sarabhai etc.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FollowYourHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
agreed to evry word u said Elooooo

all i can say is ditto ditto ditto

and trust me u aught to catch up wid d first two epis too m telling u wld adore dem

and me toooooooooo looooooooooooove d fact ki they aren't in loooooooooooooooooooooooove Yeaaaaah i loveee dis besht friendship turning into love but still staying friends foreverrrrrrrrrrrr and everrrrrrrrrr kinda stories..oh my god...gives me that ayish feelingggggg...and i guess thats all i need to like like really like something..

Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Harshu :)

Hahaha I see, you are AS excited as some of us here to FINALLY see a QUALITY Indian show with believable and real characters having normal conversations , put into normal situations, behaving like real people, basically a show that we can relate to , is entertaining, has great production values with no bloopers or melodrama or preachy sentiments, huh?!  Join the club LOL  

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kavya_KraZQueen

Hi Harshu :)

Hahaha I see, you are AS excited as some of us here to FINALLY see a QUALITY Indian show with believable and real characters having normal conversations , put into normal situations, behaving like real people, basically a show that we can relate to , is entertaining, has great production values with no bloopers or melodrama or preachy sentiments, huh?!  Join the club LOL  

Kavya! 🤗

I thought  would see you guys here as I can see that IBL's chindi brigade has lapped up this show 😆 (I can see nureat over here. Just waiting for caro now 😆)

I KNOW. I am SO excited right now! I can't believe that such concepts are finally returning back to tv!! 😳 I had a huge grin on my face when the show ended. The only grouse  have is that it is a once-weekly show.

@preachy sentiments:- I definitely agree. Indian telly has always gone overboard with preachy sounding dialogues and scenes and characters (esp those!). They just lowwwe to be all patronizing!

@real things: I cannot say how much I love it when the dialogues are real and normal. The heavy duty dialogues and extra-emosanal scenes put me to sleep. This show's dialogues, the way the characetr behave and talk with each other, the absence of the 'slip-catch-fall' routine, the focus on relationships other than romance etc all are making me squee right now 😆.

Another aspect which I am loving so mch right now is the individual scenes. They occur at normal speed. There are no extra-close angles on the actors' faces and no kekta kapoor-like screen-shots wherein the show the same frame thrice. dhadam dhadam dhadam.

The approach is so definitely like that of a western show. The pace is normal (and fast by indian telly standards) and today's episode made the story progress so much more without it looking as though they are whooshing past.

Well, I can only say that the five year leap seems to be lucky for me. 2005 was THE year of Indian telly for me because star one had just launched and it had amazing shows.

Now it is 2010, five years later and these kinda shows have come up! 😆😳
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Harshu *hugs back* 

Dude, we are always up for quality television. I completely agree with you about the lack of trip-catch routines or thumping BG music or zoom-in, zoom-out camera angles or random eye locks.

I personally think that the fact that it is a weekly show is what makes it offer us quality, daily shows have this pressure on them to meet the deadlines, compete for TRPs and stuff which results in the degrading of these shows along with last minute script changes according to the viewers' wishes and dragging tactics which also compromises with the pace in the long run. With these YRF weekly shows, there is no such pressure , the script has been finalized beforehand and the episodes have been shot very well in advance so there will be no unnecessary character changes or story changes, plus there is no need to adopt dragging tactics so the story moves forward with each episode and the characters also evolve without requiring random characters  to enter the show to keep the show going. My point, therefore, is that this show is so good primarily because it is a weekly show.  

kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i second ur thoughts on every single line of ur's
definitely, this is a different show, with a relate-able concept... like what u say

Few best features which i like abt this show are the characters of leads, they are very simple yet lil complicated 2 some extent like real human beings n their inter-relationship... they are close enough yet they have their limits.... absolutely professional yet we cant say thet they are not at all intimate

then the actors who are playing these roles... they are absolutely mind-blowing...

n the other main point is what u have mentioned already... the gal with curly hair... esp her not going back aftr Rohan

frm 2days episode, i liked the way how they are learning abt ppl n indirectly knwing what they are also.... i like how the7 are using Rishta.com for getting 2 know abt themselves n know what mistakes they are doing like last weeks 'be practical' issue etc....

n latle i wanna say, at present this is my most fav TV show on air ...... did i rant too much?
Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Elo!

I love the non-heavy duty melodramatic approach and the sense of FUN that radiates through the entire episode!
Eggjactly!

When you settle down to watch something, that's exactly what you intend do with having to keep your fingers on the remote in a just-in-case style, unless it's a force of habit of course!

Rishta.com allows you to do just that. I can watch from the beginning to the end wihout having to get bored. The pace, the content and of course the actors, everything about it so fresh. There's a definate quality residing here, just hope it's here to stay. Sony suffers from a horrible TRP disease.