Canadian PM dances on DPL

izzy2001 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
By The Canadian Press

MUMBAI, India - First Stephen Harper got by with a little help from the Beatles.

Now the prime minister is cashing in on a little Bollywood cachet.

Harper and his wife Laureen visited the set of "Dance Premier League" before leaving Mumbai on Monday, where they were treated to a rollicking mujra-inspired Bollywood dance number.

With the segment set to air on the wildly popular Indian "reality" contest show, Harper may have topped his recent appearance singing a Beatles song at the National Arts Cente in Ottawa.

But it was a political performance fraught with peril. The prime minister failed to see a step during his introduction and almost tumbled as he walked on to the stage in the elaborately lit and thunderously loud TV theatre.

After sitting through most other performances, Harper eventually joined the ensemble on stage again for the finale, clapping along as traditionally clad performers danced around him.

He then offered them "a sixer" - a perfect score.

The bust-a-gut photo-op in India had some Canadian connections.

One of the show's top judges is Indo-Canadian choreographer Shiamak Davar, who has dance schools in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto.

And four of the eight dancers were also Indo-Canadians.

Saw this on the news here in vancouver canada, lets see fridays episode then. To me though it seems kind of weird, i rather see Obama dance then Harper lol. Whats your take on this guys?

Edited by izzy2001 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
omg I never imagined that Harper would come in DPL😆
but it's quite a treat to Canadain viewers, seeing or PM in an Indian show.
teapink thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yea it is a treat for us seeing our PM in the show :)
im xcited to see tht episode
sjshah thumbnail
what episode did this come on? was it on last week?