Dil Ne Tumko Chun Liya Hain Promo Pg.7 25/1/2010

315925 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#1
Dil Ne Tumko Chun Liya Hain
Shreya and Chandini Sinha (Priyanka Chopra) are orphan twins who are intellegent beyond imagination. They are very sweet, charming, kind, smart, etc. Born and brought up by their now dead grandmother in Panchgani, the girls lives take a different turn when they win college scholarships to University of Southern California. The girls pack their bags and prepare themselves as much as they can for their adventure.
In USC they meet Karan Malhotra (Shahid Kapoor) and Arjun Kapoor (Harman Baweja) who are the most popular kids of the college and have very wealthy parents. Though very popular and rich, deep down Karan and Arjun are regular kids wanting to live a regular life.
Dil Ne Tumko Chun Liya Hain is the passionate lovestory of Shreya and Karan and Arjun and Chandini who fall in love when they least expected it, to the person they least expected.
But sometimes love is not enough...
Please comment I promise this is great,
Nidheya
Edited by NidheyaCole - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

50

Views

8.1k

Users

8

Likes

6

Frequent Posters

muffins2waffles thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
#2
Awwwwwwwww, I think it sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Update soon Nidheya!!!!
vruls thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#3
cool
really nice concept
pls continue soon
n pls pm me when u do
thanks
Love Sanam
315925 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#4
Thank you friends!! I will update and post it up soon!!
Nidheya
315925 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#5

Dil Ne Tumko Chun Liya Hain

Part 1

Shreya Sinha wiped off the tears that flowed from her eyes. She looked at her twin sister Chandini, who was sitting down next to her, her eyes overflowing with tears. Their grandmother or daadi as they fondly called her had died in her sleep the previous night. Shreya and Chandini were raised by their daadi and were extremely close to her. This was a very hard time for the twins as they had to take care of so many things by themselves, not to mention the emotional pain caused by daadi's death.


The girls had just finished two years in the Panchghani College and were preparing themselves for their last and final year in college. Shreya was a journalism student while Chandini was pursuing film-making and acting. The two were extremely smart and topped their respective courses. They had a quite a few friends and were loved by everybody in the small town of Panchghani.


Shreya was practical and sensible unlike her sister who loved building castles in air and talking about a perfect future. Shreya knew that a perfect future didn't exist and never expected it. She knew that she had to be strong at moments like this and support Chandini, who needed it more than she did.


She placed a hand on Chandini's shoulder who looked at her and buried her head in her shoulder. Shreya patted her sister's back while comforting her verbally. She felt tears flow from her own eyes and knew that it would be hard for her to pull back her tears like she always did. She rarely cried, but she spent a lot of time comforting Chandini and telling her crying wont solve anything.


But both she and Chandini were very close to daadi and her death was something that either of them hadn't expected. She had just gone to wake daadi up but found her dead instead. She thought that daadi was playing a trick on her, a trick which she had played many times before. But even after a very long time daadi didn't breathe and Shreya knew that her daadi was no more. She called Chandini but was unable to tell her anything. Chandini understood and collapsed with tears.


"Shreya," Chandini said softly.


"Yes Chandu?" Shreya asked even more softly.


But Chandini didn't answer. She had suddenly fallen silent and Shreya shook her.


"Chandu," she said. "Chandu say something."


"There is nothing left for me to say Shreya," Chandini replied.


Shreya patted her sister's back.


"I will be back," Chandini said.


"Where are you going?" Shreya asked. "I'm coming."


Chandini led the way and soon Shreya knew where they were going. It was a place only the two of them knew. Under a cliff quite off from their house was a small cave well hidden and could be accessed only if a person tried very hard. It was the place Shreya and Chandini used to hide from daadi when they had done something naughty. No one had ever found them there and over the years they had used the place as a secret hideout to store some of their favorite items like their favorite books, clothes, bad report cards, etc. They had stopped getting bad report cards long ago but knew that daadi would scold them for hiding them so they didn't bother to take it out of there.


They hadn't been in their hideout in a long time so they struggled to get in there. Once they were they sat down opposite each other and just stared at each other for a very long time. They knew exactly how the other was feeling so they knew that silence was the best at the moment.


After the passing of almost a whole silent hour Chandini decided it was time to say something.


"So what do we do now?" she asked.


"What?" Shreya asked.


"I know you heard right Shreya," Chandini said. "What do we do know?"


"I don't know Chandu," Shreya said. "All we had to take care was our education, daadi took care of the rest. Now we have a lot more than that to look after."


"Shreya you were always the strong one," Chandini said.


"I know Chandu," Shreya said. "But at moments like this role reversal just happens."


"I agree," Chandini said. "You know what?"


"What?" Shreya asked.


"We have each other and that is all we need," Chandini said.


"No, I disagree," Shreya said. "We are 20, we need more than just each other."


"Shreya," Chandini said. "I don't know what is wrong with me, I never talk this like."


Chandini's English was a bit weak. Shreya had taken a few crash courses in English so she had a better hand over the language.


"I know Chandu," Shreya said, ignoring her sister's wrong grammer. "I never feel so lost either."


"Daadi hee thi hamare liye," Chandini spoke in Hindi, her better language. "Now after her gone, our lives are messy-messy."


"Chandu how do you manage to go from serious and authoritative to a lost girl in just a moment?" Shreya asked.


"I don't know Shreya," Chandini said. "Don't change topic."


"You know what Chandu?" Shreya asked.


"What?" Chandini asked.


"Let us just take life as it comes right now," Shreya said. "There is nothing else we can do."


"I agree you," Chandini said.


"Come lets go," Shreya said. "We have a lot of formalities to take care of."


The girls got out of their hideout and walked home quietly side-by-side. They took care of some formalities regarding the body and decided to sleep.


Sleep didn't come easily to the twins but after a long while they did fall asleep.


The next day both sisters adorned white dresses, Shreya a white churidar and Chandini a white ghaghra. Shreya busied herself by cooking some dosas and chutney while Chandini went out to take the post.


"SHREYA!" Chandini yelled. "COME HERE!"


"Baad mein," Shreya said. "I'm cooking."


"NO, COME HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!" Chandini yelled. "FAST COME!"


Shreya ran outside worried that something was wrong.


"Kya huwa?" she asked.


"LOOK AT THIS POST!" Chandini said.


"Stop shouting!" Shreya said, taking the post from Chandini's hand. She opened the letter and read it aloud.


Dear Miss. Shreya Sinha and Miss. Chandini Sinha,


I'm Mr. Ranveer Rathore and I'm extremely impressed by your studies in Panchghani College and am glad to inform you two that I'm donating two full-paid scholarships for you two to the University of Southern California, USA for the next two years for you two to complete your pre-grad college years and I will glad to extend the scholarships for post-grad too if I see that your work is as impressive there as well.


I'm enclosing my address and phone number in case you need to meet with me regarding the scholarships. I will be staying in Panchghani for the next two months.


Term starts only in September but I advise you two to move to the States as soon as possible if you want comfortable dormitories and other facilities.


Regards,

Ranveer Rathore.


"Ye kaisi mazak hain," Shreya said, frowning.


"Mazak?" Chandini asked. "Tu ise mazak kehti hain?"


"Phir nahin hain to kya?" Shreya asked. "Hume kaun scholarship dena chahega?"


"Arre yehi insaan!" Chandini said, her eyes glimmering. "Daadi kehti thi naa? Jab kuch bura hota hain, toh kuch achcha bhi hota hain."


"Chandini," Shreya started. "Hum nahin jaa sakte."


"Kyunnnnnn?" Chandini asked.


"Tickets ka paisa kaun dega?" Shreya asked.


"Hum iss Ranveer Rathore se mil lenge aur use baat karenge, ttheeke?" Chandini said.


"Lekin," Shreya said. "I don't know Chandu."


"What you don't know?" Chandini asked. "We are going and that final!"


"Chandu," Shreya reasoned.


"No Chandu-Chandu," Chandini said and went inside.


"Ek din poora roti hain, doosri din khush ho jaati hain, ajeeb kahika," Shreya said.



End of Part 1


Hope you guys liked part 1!! It took me a while writing this. I intend to put up part 2 by tomorrow! Please please please comment, they make my day!


Nidheya



muffins2waffles thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
#6
Wow, Nidheya.....this is REALLY good! Like REALLY REALLY good! I loved it a lot! You improved your writing drastically, I don't want to stop reading this! Very impressive!
I love Shreya and Chandu, so cute :) Please update quickly, can't wait to read more!
P.S I don't understand Hindi, so if you could write translations next to the Hindi parts, I'd be so grateful 😳
315925 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#7

Originally posted by: MusicalAiswarya

Wow, Nidheya.....this is REALLY good! Like REALLY REALLY good! I loved it a lot! You improved your writing drastically, I don't want to stop reading this! Very impressive!

I love Shreya and Chandu, so cute :) Please update quickly, can't wait to read more!
P.S I don't understand Hindi, so if you could write translations next to the Hindi parts, I'd be so grateful 😳

Thanks a lottt Aish!!! You really are a true friend!!!
I'm writing part 2 right now and will put it up ASAP!!
I thought u loved Bolly movies, how come u don't understand hindi?? Sure I will provide translations and go easy on the hindi!!!
Nidheya
vruls thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#8
hey nice part
both of them r so sxuportive to each othe
thanks for the update n pm
n cant wait until the boys come in n they go to the USA
THANKS
love Sanam
315925 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#9

Originally posted by: vruls

hey nice part
both of them r so sxuportive to each othe
thanks for the update n pm
n cant wait until the boys come in n they go to the USA
THANKS
love Sanam

Thanks a lot Sanam!!! Even I can't wait for the girls to meet the boys!! I'm currently writing Part 2 and I can't wait to hear your comments and views on it!
Nidheya
315925 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#10

Part 2:- Dedicated to my good friend Aish!

Chandini and Shreya Sinha waited outside Ranveer Rathore's office room. Chandini had finally convinced Shreya to meet Mr. Rathore and consider the scholarships. Shreya was dressed in a pretty green shalwar and her hair was lying beautifully on her shoulders and she was wearing a tiny silver bindi. Chandini was wearing a green and blue ghaghra with her long hair tied in a plaid. (For exact looks, look at the intro siggie on pg.1.)


"Aur kitna der intazaar karna padega?" Shreya asked irritably.


"Mujhe kya patah?" Chandini answered.


A man in a blue uniform gestured for the girls to go inside. They did so and waited while Mr. Rathore spoke on the phone. After he was done, Mr. Rathore motioned for the girls to sit down.


"You are?" he asked.


"Myself Chandini Sinha," Chandini. "This is my sister Shreya Sinha."


"You had donated scholarships for us," Shreya reminded.


"Oh yes yes, please sit down," Mr. Rathore said motioning to the seats in front of him. Shreya and Chandini took their seats.


"So how do you feel about being selected for this much coveted about scholarships?" Mr. Rathore asked.


"Before we say anything, we need proof that this scholarship is legit," Shreya said. Chandini looked at her like she was crazy.


"Very good question Miss. Sinha," Mr. Rathore. "I must say I was hoping you would ask that question. As for a proof, here's proof." He handed over an official document to her which listed the names of students he had previously donated scholarships to. Shreya studied the list carefully and looked up impressed.


"I must say," Shreya said. "I thought you were a fraud playing mean tricks on us."


"I don't play tricks Miss. Sinha," Mr. Rathore said. "I like giving scholarships to academically advanced students like yourself and your sister."


"But sir we can't go," Shreya said.


"Why?" Mr. Rathore asked frowning.


"Sir the flight tickets to USA are very expensive and we can't afford it," Shreya said. "Also we have a house to look after here."


"Don't worry about the flight tickets, I will book them for you. Do you two have a passport?" Mr. Rathore asked.


"Passport we have sir!" Chandini said. "Our daadi had got us passports and every five year she renew it sir!"


"That's good!" Mr. Rathore said enthusiastically. "And I know people who work for the US Embassy. I will prepare your visa's in no time."


"But wont that be fraud sir?" Chandini asked. "Real visa, we have interview right?"


"No, it wont be fraud Miss. Sinha, I assure you," Mr. Rathore said. "My friend is as a matter of fact visiting this area next week to meet me so you two can give your interviews then."


"How do we know that is legit?" Shreya asked.


"Miss. Sinha," Mr. Rathore said, getting a little impatient. "I can assure you this is absolutely legit. I will work to my ability to give you as much proof as I can. You don't lose anything anyways, so don't worry."


Shreya and Chandini looked at each other and they nodded.. This meant that they trusted Mr. Rathore and they agreed upon going to th States.


"Okay Mr. Rathore," Shreya said.


"We going USA," Chandini said.


"That's great girls!" Mr. Rathore said, smiling up at them. Something about his old, fatherly ways made the girls trust him. They walked out of the office but Shreya ran back inside.


"Will you inform us when your friend arrives?" she asked.


"Obviously Miss. Sinha," Mr. Rathore said.


Shreya walked out feeling very silly for having asked such a stupid question.



A week later, on a bright Sunday morning, while Chandini was quietly sipping her coffee the telephone rang. She walked towards it and lifted it.


"Hello Chandini Sinha speaking," she said.


"Hello Miss. Sinha this is Ranveer Rathore here to talk to you regarding the visa interview," the caller said.


"Oh Mr. Rathore," Chandini said. "I will give to Shreya."


"Shreya! Mr. Rathore on phone!" she called out.


Shreya came up to her twin sister and took the phone. "Hello Mr. Rathore?"


"Hello Miss. Shreya Sinha," Mr. Rathore said. "My friend Johnson Williams is here for the week and he would like to interview you two today."


"Oh, that's great!" Shreya said. "What time should we come there?"


"Williams has asked you two to be here by 3:00 pm in the afternoon," Mr. Rathore said.


"We will be there," Shreya said and kept the phone. "Chandu we have the visa interview at 3:00 pm, make sure that you are ready."


"Okay Shre," Chandini said.



By 2:00 pm both sisters were ready for their interview. Shreya was dressed in beautiful pink shalwar and Chandini was dressed in a red and yellow ghaghra. Shreya's hair was pulled back in a clip while Chandini's was in her usual plaid. The girls complimented each other and went out. They caught the bus and went to Mr. Rathore's office.


They had to wait for a while since they had arrived early. Chandini kept on drinking water constantly and this began to irritate Shreya.


"Tu itni paani kyun pee rahin hain?" Shreya asked. (Why are you drinking so much water?)


"Nervous hoon yaar," Chandini answered. (I'm so nervous)


"So don't drink so much water, you will be spending all your time in the bathroom while I will be giving the interview!" Shreya said.


"Nervous you should also be Shre!" Chandini said.


"Chandu, please relax...," Shreya said. "This Mr. Williams is Mr. Rathore's friend and I'm sure all this interview and stuff is just a formality."


"Shre, this is such a big mileystone in our life and we don't even have daadi's aashirvaad (blessings), it feel very very weird," Chandini said, looking extremely worried.


"First of all it is milestone not mileystone," Shreya started. "And daadi's aashirvaad and love is always with us."


"How can you be so confident?" Chandini asked.


"It is something daadi taught me," Shreya said smiling.


"How come I not so confident?" Chandini asked.


"I don't know...but I love my sister either way!" Shreya said smiling broadly.


"Aww!" Chandini said. "I love you too Shre!"


Just then the same man in blue uniform appears and asks the twins to go inside.


"Arre! Mujhe zorr ki lagi hain!! Bathroom kahan hain?" Chandini asked. (Arre! I really need to pee, where is the bathroom?)


"Seedhe se first left madam," the man in uniform said. (Straight and then first left madam)


"Kya Chandu!" Shreya said, exasperated.


Chandini ran to the bathroom and came back in fifteen minutes. The sisters went inside together and smiled at the two men. Next to Mr. Rathore was an American man, probably in his forties or fifties.


"You two must be the Sinha sisters," Mr. Williams said.


"Yes sir," Shreya said.


"Please take a seat," Mr. Williams said smiling.


Both girls sat down smiling. Shreya put on a confident smile and Chandini imitated that. Mr. Williams look impressed with their confident looks.


"So you two have won scholarships for University of Southern California," he started. "This must be a proud moment for you."


"It is, sir," Shreya said.


"So how do your parents feel about this?" Mr. Williams asked.


Shreya looked at Chandini short of words as of for what to answer. This was one question she didn't know how to answer. She had never felt short of parents because daadi always treated them so well. Daadi was their mother and father and she felt a little lost now. She opened her mouth to answer something but was shocked when she saw Chandini open her mouth to answer.


"We don't have parents, they died when we were really young," Chandini started. "We were brought up by our daadi who died last week."


"Oh orphans huh?" Mr. Williams said. "I don't know about letting orphans travel to US. You don't even have financial stability."


"We know how to take care of ourselves sir," Chandini said. "We have each other and that is all we need."


"Oh! Typical women attitude!" Mr. Williams said. "We have each other, we don't need others!"


"Williams don't worry, I'm providing them with everything they want, just stamp the passports and give them their visa's!" Mr. Rathore said.


"I don't know about this Rathore," Mr. Williams said.


"Trust me old friend, these two girls are smarter than any American woman you can find," Mr. Rathore said, defending the twins.


"Only for your sake mate," Mr. Williams said. "Visa accepted."


"Thank you Williams," Mr. Rathore said and shook his hands.


Mr. Williams walked out, without talking lest smiling at the twins. Both Shreya and Chandini were very disappointed by this and were having second thoughts about this move. But they mutually decided not to say anything because they felt bad for Mr. Rathore and didn't want his efforts for getting them a better education to go waste.


"I'm sorry girls," Mr. Rathore said apologetically. "Williams can be a bit racist at times."


"That isn't called racism sir," Shreya said. "It is is called sexism."


"Anyways," Mr. Rathore said ignoring Shreya's comment. "I will book your tickets and return your passports when ready."


"Thank you sir," Shreya said smiling unwillingly. "We will be awaiting your call."


Shreya and Chandini walked out together and caught a bus home. Throughout the journey Chandini was cursing Mr. Williams and his sexist attitude.


"Woh apne aap ke baare mein kya sochte hain?" Chandini asked furiously. "Paagal kahika!" What does he think about himself? Crazy dude!)


"Jaanti hoon yaar, gusse mat kar!" Shreya said. (I know yaar, don't get angry)


Shreya and Chandini were very used to reverse roles once in a while. Although Shreya was the more responsible one, Chandini too knew how and when to be responsible. They arrived at their wonderful home and they resumed their work.



Three weeks later they got a call from Mr. Rathore saying that the tickets had been booked and their passports have been sent by post. Their flight was just a week away.


"Just a week away?" Shreya announced surprised. "Isn't that too fast?"


"I know I know!" Chandini said. "We have to sell the house and all!"


"Sell?" Shreya asked. "We are not going to sell the house!"


"Then what?" Chandini asked. "Why?"


"Daadi ke saari memories iss ghar se judi hain Chandu," Shreya explained. "Hum iss ghar ko bhej nahin sakte. Hum ise rent pe denge."(All of daadi's memories are in this house Chandu. We can't sell this house. We will give it for rent.)


"Rent?" Chandini asked. "Par ye paise aur sab kuch?"(But what about the money and all?)


"Hum Maya ke saath baath karenge," Shreya explained. "Woh saari baathein sambhalegi." (We will talk to Maya. She will take care of all matters.)


"Ttheeke," Chandini said. "Tu kahe toh." (Okay. If you say so.)


Maya was a close friend of the girls'. She agreed to look after matters and the girls felt much better!



End of Part 2


Hope ya'll liked this part! It took me all day to write it! Pleaseeee comment!!!!


Subtitles dedicated to my dearest friend Aish! Happy Birthday hun! Hope you have a GREAT day!


Nidheya







Related Topics

Fan Fictions thumbnail

Posted by: kavitha_r · 1 months ago

Previous Parts https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/3965 Part 9 – Hearts in Transition SYDNEY The mini train finally came to a halt. Sameer...

Expand ▼
Fan Fictions thumbnail

Posted by: kavitha_r · 1 months ago

Previous parts Part 6 - A Mother's Promise Nandini stood outside the Sheikh house with tears in her eyes. Maan waited for her near the gate....

Expand ▼
Fan Fictions thumbnail

Posted by: Saumya96 · 4 months ago

Hey there 🤗 This is Saumya ❣️ Hope you are doing fine.. I am writing FF on a modern take of Ramayana- "Hum Saath Saath Hai". Though the...

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".