Wedding day hair ideas

fammma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi all

I am in need of your great ideas, Im getting married at the end of next month, and need suggestions please as Im stuck!!

Im wearing traditional indian bridal lehnga, hot pink, and am not sure how to have my hair done. (weddings in India btw)

I have an oval shaped face, so not too round or completely long either.

I was thinking of having a side parting done, and then curls on the side, and something on the top with the rest of the hair...
I ll have to have my dupatta on too, covering the 2nd half of my head...

Another confusion is, will the bindi thing (from the hair - not sure what its called) look nice if I have a side parting done??

All suggestions welcome pleasee...

Thank you

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
congrats! :)
i bet you must be super nervous 😆

The thing in the hair is called a tikka....it will look good on parted hair but depends. If the tikka is not covered by hair by bangs or anything it'll look awesome :)

When people usually have their head covered with the dupatta they have a juda (bun) done. never seen anyone with their hair curled out on the side so i dont know how it looks😳

in my opinion, a bun would be better cause it makes your neck appear longer and will make your face stand out...cause if you let it down it'll just be too much with the necklace and dupatta and all

since i havent seen anyone with it before i would love it if you'd provide a picture of how you want your hair :)Edited by Jess. - 14 years ago
Jiannax143 thumbnail
i agree with jess & congrats!!
you really must be excited..lol i know i was on my wedding day

i actually had my hair up and i had a tikka too

i havent seen anyone with their hair down either so as jess said do u have a pic available?

i think any hairstyle works for an oval shaped face so you dont need to worry whether it will suit or not =]
fammma thumbnail
I am mega excited, and nervous, and all emotional at times too...basically all mixed emotions!!

hey thank you guys for your opinions, I havent got any pictures yet, but Im taking your ideas on board.

I think ill have a bun done, since managing the dupatta n hair and everything maybe a bit much, especially with the heat too....

Jess. thumbnail

Originally posted by: fammma

I am mega excited, and nervous, and all emotional at times too...basically all mixed emotions!!

hey thank you guys for your opinions, I havent got any pictures yet, but Im taking your ideas on board.

I think ill have a bun done, since managing the dupatta n hair and everything maybe a bit much, especially with the heat too....

yea a bun is more managable..keeps the dupatta up too :)
i just went to a wedding where the bride wore a hot pink lengha & had a tikka and everything you want ..and she looked absolutely gorgeous!

and i bet you'll look amazing too :)

fammma thumbnail
Thanks Jess
😊 ðŸ˜Š

Thats it, a bun done..

Would a side parting go with it, or perhaps no parting would look nicer..???

colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jess.

congrats! :)<br>i bet you must be super nervous 😆<br><br>The thing in the hair is called a tikka....it will look good on parted hair but depends. If the tikka is not covered by hair by bangs or anything it'll look awesome :) <br><br><br>When people usually have their head covered with the dupatta they have a juda (bun) done. never seen anyone with their hair curled out on the side so i dont know how it looks😳<br><br>in my opinion, a bun would be better cause it makes your neck appear longer and will make your face stand out...cause if you let it down it'll just be too much with the necklace and dupatta and all<br><br><br><br><br>since i havent seen anyone with it before i would love it if you'd provide a picture of how you want your hair :)

Congrats! I second jess..i think a bun would be ideal. Plus you wont have to worry too much about ur hair then and also u will feel less warmer..haha
Jess. thumbnail

Originally posted by: fammma

Thanks Jess

😊 ðŸ˜Š

Thats it, a bun done..

Would a side parting go with it, or perhaps no parting would look nicer..???

ummm..idk
i remember a girl had a side parting next to her tikka
and it looked good on her :) but that was her reception and she wasnt wearing her dupatta

but no parting would look good  for wedding day :)

fammma thumbnail
thank you Jess....

thats made my mind alot clearer.. :)
Jess. thumbnail
here's a pic i found---a bride with a bun and a tikka--no parting :)