Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Vrisha

Too late Vibs - that's something you should have done before you went on your vacation.  Maybe an agni-astra or Varun-astra (burn or flood...) 😈

Khalrika

I'll be seeing it 5 minutes from now - the time of this posting - @ 1:00AM.  It will be re-telecast at 9:00AM tomorrow IST, if NDTV's online TV schedule is to be believed.

I'll post what I think of it after I've watched it.

Well, better late than never . . .

I don't need an astra for this one - taking into account the amount of grievances he caused me, I plan to rip him apart with my bare hands 😑 😑 😑

Please do post your accounts of the episode. The online links of Mahima Shani Devi Ki have vanished mysteriously. 😭 😭 😭

I wanted to download them but the links are gone from the website.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mallika113

Yep, they probably will Vrisha!  They recycle everybodyπŸ˜†  It's hard for me to think of you as Vrisha, when I am so used to ChandraπŸ˜†Are you getting split personality disorder like your beloved  Sudha/Devika,hehe?😊

Oh, no, just think of it like just as Krishna succeeded Rama, Vrish succeeds Chandra.  You can keep calling me Chandra here, but if you are posting there, call me Vrish, since nobody there seems to follow my identity switch, and Vrish is how I recently introduced myself in the MOTM thread.

Sudha/Devika are different - Devika always surfaces when Sudha is traumatized.  That's not the case w/ me - once Ramayan ended, it was tough to keep going around w/ that long name of  Lakshman's son, so that's why I switched it to this one.
Edited by Vrisha - 14 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vibhishna

Well, better late than never . . .

I don't need an astra for this one - taking into account the amount of grievances he caused me, I plan to rip him apart with my bare hands 😑 😑 😑

Please do post your accounts of the episode. The online links of Mahima Shani Devi Ki have vanished mysteriously. 😭 😭 😭

Well

Maybe you can be Narasimha this time -  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  Just do your thing w/ the cable guy - put him on your lap at twilight and .... you know the rest, and then instead of Prahlad, you can go to Khal-di, who as you know is aspiring to be Jambavati, and claim her πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  And then we can all celebrate Holi in July!  Sorta like the Christmas in July cliche that sometimes goes around in the US to indicate how badly out of season something can be. 🀣

I'll post the thing once I see it.  Turns out that NDTVI is not showing it right now - next scheduled time is 9:00AM tomorrow.  Worst case - if I can't watch it, I'll see if someone's uploaded it on YouTube, and post it here.
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vibhishna

YouTube currently has only the uploads of the Praphulla episodes (from Shock120) - there are none of  Kush.

At any rate, I caught it this morning, 4AM Monday - just happened to get up.  Didn't catch last week's episode, but here is what happened today.

Kush (I didn't get his name here - sounded something like Latak?) has a father who is dying of leprosy, and Kush has been advised by the Shani  devotee to save him by propitiating Shani Dev.  He resolves to do just that.  He gets one of those black icons of Shani Dev, and  is told to install it on a platform near his home.  While doing that, he gets into an argument w/ one of the neighbor's wife, who tells him that let alone Shani, even Vishnu can't save his father.  They get into a tussle on the icon, which goes flying, and as usual, is caught by Shani Dev in his human disguise.

Shani then advises Kush to establish the icon somewhere else in a platform in the forest.  Kush does that, and then he goes home to see his  father, who has practically given up hope.  He begs Kush to abandon him and not catch the desease, but Kush asks him whether he'd have discarded him had the roles been reversed.

Kush goes to the market to get stuff as per the puja requirements, but is told that since his father is on his death-bed, he has no guarantee that he can cover that expense.  He sits in the city square crying, and Shani offers him a bag of gold, but Kush declines it on the grounds that he's not earned it.  Shani tells him he can by loading a card with the wooden logs next to it by daybreak.  Kush is happy, and enthusiastically does that, but it takes its toll on him, even making his hands bleed 😭😭  At any rate, he  meets the deadline, and when Shani comes, he puts out his hands for that, and then goes and buys the stuff needed for the puja.

Next, Kush is told that he has to feed 21 Brahmins, and get enough for them.  Kush gets an estimate that he has to get some 200 (I forget the currency here), and so goes to a pottery factory.  The owner declines, saying that they do not engage in child labor, but Kush insists, and says that by Saturday, he has to earn 200.  The owner looks  at him like he's out of his  mind, and tells him that it's night, and he has to lock the factory.  Kush tells him to lock it by all means, but w/ him inside, so that he can start work.  Once locked inside, Kush starts work and starts spinning the wheel and making a few pots.  However, he's totally exhausted, and soon collapses, breaking a few of the pots while collapsing and falling asleep.  Shani is impressed by his dedication and creates enough pots to cover his requirement.

In the morning, the owner opens the factory and is stunned at seeing so many pots, and doesn't believe that a single kid could have pulled it off overnight.  He wakes up Kush, who is asleep, and Kush, obviously, is as surprised as he is.  Nonetheless, he gets paid, and so now buys the food and sets it up and invites the Brahmins.

However, only 20 Brahmins show up, and so Kush feeds them, but is disappointed that his vow is not kept.  In the meantime, Shani approaches his father and goads him into arising and going to see Kush.  On the way, his deasease goes, and so do all the pock marks.  Kush is crying at his failure to feed the 21st Brahmin, but his father calls out to him, and he runs to him and is relieved to see that he is cured.  Shani asks him whether he isn't going to feed him, and Kush & his parents happily treat him to what's left and then all 3 of them bow to the Shani murti, while Shani blesses them from behind.

Next week: From leprosy to infertility, that's the blight of next week.  If any of you were fans of Naniji, who was Sita's companion in Valmiki's ashram, here is your chance to see her again.  The other actress seemed familiar - I think she was either the lame woman from 2 weeks ago, or Praphullah's wife, couldn't make out which.

Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hmm, thanks Vrisha for the summary of "Kush" story!  We get to see Sita's friend naniji again, good recycling. Great for the actors, they always will have some Sagar show to do😊
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
hmmm  i stopped watchin shani dev since they cut off all good episodes of praphulla and just jumped the show totally cutting off his great performance

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you Vrisha Bhaiya for posting the story.

If I can get the videos, I can post pictures.
Vr15h thumbnail
I'll post them here whenever I see them on YouTube