THE POWER OF LOVE-Ep1-8

shasha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey Guys sorry for the delay but just found it difficult to continue. Anyway here is 'The Power of Love', couldn't find the original topic for it so started it again, new episodes included-enjoy. Shasha

'THE POWER OF LOVE.'

A parallel story to KDMH, everything is the same Rahul has come home from prison for good and Kakun has brought a present for Aman and is about to take it and it is here she finds the truth about Aman and that he murdered Naina B.

However this is where the parallel comes in and the storyline changes;

PART 1:

'Kakun?' Rahul calls hesitantly

Kakun stops her back to Rahul, her heart beats a little faster at the sound of his voice, 'will it ever stop? Will I ever be able to stop these feeling for you Rahul? Oh Lord help me, please, I can't have these feeling for him. I can't! He's my devar now and that is the only relationship we can have.'

'Kakun?' Rahul ask again walking a few steps closer; he is behind her and he catches her scent and closes his eyes; 'Oh Kakun, my love, I never wanted this, never. I did all I could to stay in prison, to make you hate me so that the love you have for Aman Bhai as a friend would change; that you would turn to him for comfort and this would turn to the love between a husband and wife. I'm sorry Kakun, forgive me, forgive me for not being able to do this for you.' Rahul thinks to himself.

Kakun turns and steps back for Rahul is too close, not looking at him she ask briskly, 'What is it Rahul?'

'I heard you were going to see Aman Bhai and I wanted to see him too, I needed to tell him something so I thought I could drive us?'

Kakun is silent, part of her desperately wants to say yes, to be alone with Rahul even if it was for a short drive; to be in his presence after being away from him for so long, knowing that he was innocent of Naina death, knowing that he loved her. But it couldn't be, she was his Bhabhi now and had to act that way, because of her Punj Pariwar had already suffered so much badnami, not anymore.

Kakun turns to Rahul; 'That's ok Rahul, you see Aman I'll see him when he comes home. But do me a favour, I brought this for Aman and wanted to hide it in his office, a surprise for him can you do that for me?' Kakun holds her hand out, in it is a wrapped present.

Rahul stares at Kakun for a moment; 'you are so beautiful both inside and out. I will always live with the regret that I am the cause of all your unhappiness, all the pain you have gone through, all the pain and lost I am going through. I can live with my pain and lost but not with yours; I promise on the love I hold for you that I will make sure you suffer not one more moment of pain again, I will make sure that you and Aman are so happy that I will not even be a memory of a past love for you but you will know me just as your devar.' Rahul eyes close at the sharp pain this thought brings to him.

'Rahul are you o.k.?' Kakun ask concerned, her hand reaching out hovering over his arm; as usual Rahul pain was hers, Kakun despaired at the connection that still tied her to Rahul; 'would the tie ever break?' Did she want it to break? A small voice whispered.

'Fine. I'm fine.' Rahul fakes reassurance to Kakun; no more worrying over me Kakun, no more. Everything; your care, your concern, your time all of it belongs to Aman Bhai now. Rahul holds his hand out, 'Give me the present I'll hide it for you.' Rahul smiles quickly at Kakun and walks away, needing to get away from her and the emotions that being around her aroused in him no matter how hard he tried to lock them away.

Kakun stands watching Rahul walk away from her, always walking away from her, a lone tear rolls down her cheek.    

PART 2:

Sign: Aman Punj – Attorney of Law

'Simple, elegant and discreet, clever Bro very clever. Damn no wonder you managed to get me out of jail even though I did everything I could to ensure I stayed in. Hats off to you Aman Bhai, what a brain.' Rahul says to himself standing in front of Aman office.

He pushes open the glass door and walks in; the reception is modern but comfortable with abstract paintings, plants and flowers and in a corner a fish tank. Rahul walks to the receptionist a lovely elegant woman who smiles at him asking in a warm but professional voice, 'How may I help you Sir?'

'I'm Rahul Punj, I'd like to see my brother Aman Punj.'

'I'm afraid he's in a meeting Mr Punj and won't be free for another 30 minutes or so.'

'That's fine if I can wait somewhere?'

'Of course Sir, if you follow me I'll take you to Mr. Punj office I'm sure he won't mind you waiting there.'

'Thank you.'

Rahul walks with the receptionist who glances at him from the side of her eye; 'hmmm so this is the famous Rahul Punj; handsome very handsome. Jail did him no harm; well at least I know who got the looks in the family.'

'Here you are Mr. Punj Mr Aman office,' she opens the door 'please make

yourself comfortable and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to call me.'

'Thank you.' Rahul says coolly and walks into Aman office closing the door behind him.

Rahul walks up to Aman desk looking somewhere to put Kakun present for Aman. His eyes fall upon a large photo on Aman desk; he drops Kakun present on the desk and reaches out and picks up the photo; it is a picture of Aman and Kakun on their roka, the irony of the picture doesn't escape Rahul, it was a picture he had taken, a picture that he had insisted they pose for.

Rahul lifts the photo until Kakun face fills his eyes with a finger he strokes Kakun cheek; the love he had hidden away from everyone once again blazes in his eyes.

'What can I say to you that I have not said to you before; that you showed me what true love is, that I can't imagine my life without, that your denial of your love for me, of our love gave me so much pain that I believed that death was preferable especially once you made me promise to marry Naina.'

Rahul speaks angrily to the picture of Kakun 'Did you never think even for a moment what your decision to sacrifice our love for Naina would do to me? Did you not even consider the pain and turmoil it would cause to me? Did you not even think that I had a right to have a say in your decision as it affected me and my life?' Rahul laughs bitterly 'No you never thought about me in any of this; you not only sacrificed your love but my love and my life and in the end did you get what you wanted? No! Naina is dead and I am alone while I have to watch you move on with your life with Aman Bhai and make sure you forget me and our love.'

Rahul stares at Kakun face for a few moments longer taking in her beauty; slowly and gently he puts it back where it stood on Aman desk.

He looks to where he put down Kakun present, picking it up he looks around for a place to hide it. 'O.K. where the heck do I hide it- somewhere were Aman Bhai will find it but not quickly as it has to be a surprise.'

Rahul starts opening draws and cupboards until he finds the perfect place; a cupboard which holds a little mandir in it, 'Perfect! They are both such good religious people what better place then this.' Turning to the temple Rahul puts his hands together and says, 'Oh Lord please look after Aman Bhai and Kakun; make their marriage strong and happy. Please do not let my shadow ever fall upon them.' Rahul picks up Kakun present and looks where to put it, '…I'll put it just behind…what's this?' An envelope falls to the floor as Rahul pushes Kakun present behind the mandir so that it peeks out, perfect place for a surprise gift.

Rahul closes the doors and bends down and picks up the envelope; as he picks it up something falls out. 'Damn I don't know why I'm being so clumsy today.' He picks up the item, it's a mobile phone. Rahul doesn't bother to look at it and starts to stuff it back into the envelope but the charm on it catches on Rahul cuff, 'Bloody hell can't I do anything right?!' he exclaims and starts to unhook the charm, as he does he gets a strange feeling of dj vu as though he had seen this very charm in his hand somewhere!

'I need rest.' Rahul mutters to himself but can't shake the feeling he had seen and touched this very charm, 'there is only 1 way…' Rahul continues to mutter to himself as he turns the charm over and straightens it.

'IT CAN'T BE!' Rahul whispered shocked.

PART 3:

FLASHBACK:

'Please Rahul, please buy it for me. I promise I'll ask for nothing else.'

Rahul turns and looks at spoilt beautiful face in front of him; her browns eyes twinkling, her head tilted to one side, her lovely lips trying to hide the smile  that was trying to break through. 'Damn do I love her.' Rahul thinks to himself

'Naina you said that 3 presents ago, so sorry but no.' Rahul says sternly to her but knowing that he would give into her, he always did.

'Please Rahul, just look at it?' Naina pleads with Rahul, lifting the item up; it was an initial charm, NB in red sarworski crystals. 'It's so beautiful and a 1 off. Rahul please it was meant for me; you know red is my favourite colour and NB- my initials, it can't be a coincidence.'

'Naina….'

'Just look at it.' Naina replies putting the charm in his hand.

Rahul glances down at it and is surprised at how lovely it is; not cheap and gaudy as he expected to be but well designed, classy and expensive looking, just like Naina. Rahul looks at Naina pleading face and knew he was going to buy it for her, but wanted to tease her just a little.

'How much is it Naina?'

'Umm…1200.' She mumbles

'How much?! 1200 for that! Naina…'

'Oh please Rahul, please it's just 1200 that's nothing for you.'

'Naina…'

'Rahul…'

'OK forget it then, if my happiness doesn't mean anything to you. If it was the other way round I'd buy it for you.' Naina says walking off, mumbling under breath about cheap lovers.

Rahul smiles and indicates to the sales girls to wrap it up; he puts it in his pocket and catches up with Naina.

A short time later in a coffee shop.

'Phew I think we're finished.' Naina says taking a sip of her coffee.

'We had better be finished because I can't do anymore! I don't know how you women do this for hours on end, day after day.' Rahul comments.

'Good thing you're not a woman then! I suppose that's why you couldn't understand why I wanted that charm so much.'   

'Charm what charm?' Rahul says pretending not to remember.

'Typical man! Forget everything that is important to the woman you supposedly love! That lovely red crystal charm that was just made for me and you didn't even think of getting it for me! ….'

Waitress comes over with their food; Naina is getting more upset with Rahul for not getting her the charm.

'You know I'd do anything for you Rahul, but all I wanted was that charm and just because I had brought 1 or 2 things more then I should have you said no. it wasn't about the money you could afford it, but it was about teaching me a lesson, wasn't it Rahul? Well all I know is that your mean and selfish, that my happiness means nothing to you and……'

'Eat your cake Naina.'

'See what I mean?! Here I am telling you how you upset me and all you can say is 'Naina eat your ca….RAHUL!'

Naina looks down and on the top of then cake is the charm. She jumps up and throws her arms around Rahul, kissing on his cheek.

'I love you. I love you. I love you. I knew you'd buy it for me, you've never said no to me.'

'I may surprise you 1 day Naina, so don't take my love for you for granted, you're not always going to get your way.' Rahul warns Naina.

Naina looks up at Rahul hearing is his voice something she had never heard before; he was being serious, 'oops better calm him down.'

In a little girl voice, she crosses her heart 'I promise to try and mend my ways Rahul and if you want you take this back' she hands him the charm.

Rahul laughs, 'Don't be silly you goose! Here give me your mobile so that I can attach it, that way you'll always remember how much I love you.' Rahul attaches the charm to Naina mobile.

As he hands it back Naina hand encloses his and looking into his eyes, 'Rahul I know how much you love me, I know you'll do anything for me and that I'm selfish enough to ask you the world and you'll get it for me but I love you Rahul, there has been and will never be anyone for me but you and believe me it comes from the bottom of my spoilt little heart.'

They stare at each other

PART 4:

BACK TO THE PRESENT:

'It can't be. It can't be the same charm.' Rahul whispers desperately, his heart breaking at the memory the charm brings back. He needed to destroy this stupid idea creeping into his mind that the charm was Naina charm. He turns the phone over and tries to switch it on but the battery is dead, but the feeling of dread continues to build up in his stomach.

Rahul opens the envelope that it fell out off and pulls out the papers from inside; it's a telephone bill and he quickly scans the numbers on the page his dread deepens, the certainty that this is Naina phone increases, until it hits him 'Naina phone? Naina phone!' 

Rahul head pounding he falls into Aman chair, his mind in a whirl; 'how can this be? What is it doing here? None of us could find it, so how can Aman Bhai have it? WHAT'S GOING ON?!'

Rahul smoothes the bill that he had crumpled in his hand and looks down to the list of phone calls until he reaches the day of his and Naina wedding, the day of Kakun and Aman Bhai wedding, the day Naina was murdered. He sees her last calls were to him and he remembered that he had been driving desperately, trying to reach Kakun at the mandir to tell her he knew everything about her and Devi Aunty and Naina, and it didn't matter nothing mattered but the 2 of them and their love. He had been so furiously angry with Naina, had hated her that when she called he just kept rejecting her calls, 'why oh why didn't I answer? Only once, if I had only answered once.' Rahul mumbles to himself while looking at the bill, he notices however that his was not the last number Naina had called, she had rang someone after him.

Rahul picks up his phone and dials the number; his head in a muddle but he needed to know who Naina called last, he needed to know why she called them, he just needed to know, to make sense of why anyone would kill his sweet beautiful Naina.

Rahul waits while the call is connected, it rings and rings and rings, Rahul can hears a ring tone it is getting louder until it is right on top of him, he looks up….

'YOU?'

PART 5:

'Umm yeah me, this is my office if I remember correctly! Rahul you ok?' Aman ask looking at Rahul quizly, walking into his office.

Rahul looking dazed at Aman 'Yeah…yeah I'm fine just….' Rahul looks at Aman strangely as though he is seeing him for the 1st time.

'Rahul what's wrong, you know you can trust me with anything, I'm Aman Bhai not Superman but a close second.' He smiles but as Rahul continues to stare at him his smile slips away.

Both stare at each other, only the muted ring of a mobile phone can be heard.

'I think your mobile ringing Aman Bhai' Rahul says quietly without any emotion in his voice, just staring at Aman.

'Not important Kiddo.' He puts his hand in his jacket pocket and switches it off, 'what is important is whatever is bothering you, what's wrong Rahul?' Aman ask concern in his voice.

'Aman…..'

Knock on door 'Sorry Sir but I need you sign these letters so that I can send them out today.' Aman secretary speaks from behind him, Aman turns and takes the file from her as he's occupied Rahul looks quickly down to his mobile to see if the number he called had been answered, he's surprised to see call rejected on his screen.

He redials lifting the phone to his ear; 'maybe I'm just grasping at straws, it'll most probably be a friend of Naina and what do I say to her, 'oh sorry found this old bill of Naina and can you tell me why she called you on our wedding day just before she was murdered?! Very clever, scare the poor girl out of her wits!

As for the Naina mobile and these bills I'll just ask Aman Bhai straight, they'll be some logical reason he has them and hasn't told us about it.' Rahul thinks to himself.

Again a mobile can be heard ringing in the room

'Damn I've got to get rid of this phone.' Aman mutters pulling his mobile out of his pocket switching it off.

Rahul sitting in Aman chair views this, 'Poor Bhai to be….what?!' Rahul looks at his phone again call rejected written on his screen, he dials again and again a mobile can be heard ringing; 'Damn it not again!' Aman mutters annoyance in his voice, once again cancelling the call.

Rahul looks at his phone and once again call rejected is on the screen, he looks up at Aman, then back down at his mobile, shaking his head, disbelief on his face. He gets up slowly from the chair and walks towards Aman, calling the number again and again Aman mobile rings.

'I don't bloody believe this!' Aman swears at his phone, 'Whoever you are you win but I'm going to charge you double fees! Hello…hello….hello, well answer then?!'

'Hello Aman Bhai.' Rahul says in a whisper

Aman jumps and twirls around, his mobile still held at his ear, to see Rahul standing a few steps behind him; Rahul mobile to his ear, he is staring directly at Aman his face frozen, 'Hello Aman Bhai.' Aman hears the words loudly and clearly from his mobile and as a whisper from Rahul lips.

'Rahul….'

Murder lights Rahul eyes, thrusting the file into his secretary hands, 'They're signed, go home.'

'But Sir…?'

'Go home I said' Aman shouts at her, he hears her leave slamming his office door.

'Tell me, tell me that the stupid idea running in my head is a fiction of my imagination. Tell me that it's my jealousy that's making think such crazy thoughts. Tell me that Naina was another little sister to you. Tell me that there was no way you could ever hurt Naina. Tell me Aman Bhai that I'm going mad. TELL ME AMAN BHAI THAT YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NAINA MURDER, TELL ME!' Rahul screams at Aman gripping the lapels of his jacket shaking him at the same time.

Aman makes a couple of moves and has Rahul arm twisted behind his back his face pushed into the wall.

He talks into Rahul ear, his veneer of civilisation gone, in a brutal cold voice, 'tell you? Tell you? Have you still not worked it out Mr Rahul Hot-Shot-Businessman Punj? Are you really this stupid? Have you not worked any of it out yet, not even now? Bloody hell Rahul it's been like taking candy from a baby!

I killed Naina.

Shocked, why do you think that you and Dad are the only ruthless ones in the family? Did you think the cases I took were because I believed in the innocence of the people? No, you fool, I took them because I like to win and CRUSH my opponent.

And it was the same this time round too except you and Naina were my opponents. I love Kakun. Have done so ever since I saved her; remember that between you and Naina you not only destroyed her family but drove her to kill herself. The 2 of you caused her nothing but AGONY but still she loved you. I wanted to shake her, call her a fool but I admired her loyalty and that just made me love her more.

I thought that we would be just good friends but then a miracle came my way, she found out that she and Naina were sisters and her farz as an older sister was give her little sister whatever made her happy and in Naina case that was you.

Oh my joy when you insisted that you would only marry Naina when Kakun got married and who did Kakun turn too? Me her trusted best friend, the guy who has always been there for her, supported her, wiped away her tears, and made her smile again, me.

It was so perfect; Kakun would marry me and I knew that she would do everything to make our marriage work. Slowly over time and with my tender care and attention would fall in love with me. Oh I knew it wouldn't be the way she loved you but that didn't bother me for she would love in her own way and the  icing on the cake, besides getting Kakun, the woman you loved, would be that I would have the satisfaction of watching you burn every minute of everyday as you watched Kakun with me; serving me, caring for me, laughing with me, going out with me. Every time I touched her, stroked her you would want to kill me, you would want to be me, and all you would able to do was call her Bhabhi.' Aman laughs in Rahul ear

'What a perfect picture, that golden boy finally got his comeuppance and from his own brother! But then you found out the truth about her and Naina and my plans were almost ruined but you are so gullible, a few words, a little bit of emotion and I had you right where I wanted you, doing my bidding.

Love? You love Kakun? If you did nothing would of stopped you from going to her and telling her that you knew the truth, especially not your brother and don't kid yourself Rahul, you knew I loved Kakun, knew I would be a better husband then you, but you just couldn't let it be could you?' Aman twist tighter on Rahul arm pushing him further into the wall, Rahul grunts in pain.

'Did you really think I was going to let you speak to Kakun? No way Bro, it was easy a few words in Devi Aunty ears, a few in Dadu about going to the mandir, so simple.

But I hadn't counted on you blabbing to Naina! Damn that knocked me for 6! What to do, what to do? Naina was adamant about not marrying you, adamant about uniting you and Kakun together, she kept going on and on about how wrong she had been and you so were so right for each other and she had known all along, blar, blar, blar, blar, boy did she go on. That could be another factor as to why I killed her.'

Rahul tries to shift Aman, rage burning in his gut and eyes, he manages to spit out 'I'm gonna kill you,' with pure hatred.          

Aman coldly laughs, 'you and whose army? What could I do? Kakun was in the palm of my hand and Naina was going to snatch it way from me? I don't think so and I knew unlike you I wouldn't be able to persuade her to change her mind- she was a lot tougher then you. I did what I had to do to hasal my love- I killed Naina.

Pause as Aman remembers the scene; scene seen in black and white with Aman voice talking over.

Don't think I liked it or wanted to do it; I too was brought up with Naina, she was like a kid sister to me but I couldn't forget the amount of pain she caused Kakun, the tears she shed time and time again because of Naina selfishness and greed. I loved Naina but she had turned into this nasty person who I did not know. She thought she could give you up forever, for Kakun her sister but she was just being emotional; Naina didn't have that personality of giving, of finding happiness in others happiness, that's only Kakun. I knew that though Naina would sacrifice you now later on once the emotions had settled she would regret it and cause Kakun more trouble, more pain, more tears and Kakun wouldn't be able to handle it for Naina was her little sister.

I really didn't want to kill her, honestly if I could have made her understand that what she was doing was wrong for everyone concerned, but time was against me, she was just too emotional to listen and I had to go for morat was going for me and Kakun, so I killed her.

That is loving someone, putting everything, doing anything to get them. You didn't have that for Kakun, but I did.

So my plan had gone kinda pear shape but I married Kakun without a hitch, I was expecting you to burst in and halt things but you never showed, but you were with Naina and things started to work for me once again. Everyone assumed you had killed Naina and you made it so easy by taking the rap for Naina murder, by turning Kakun against you, by wanting to stay in jail; I really tried to make your wish come true, I did all that I could to ensure that you looked guilty and would spend the rest of you life in prison.'

Rahul tries to twist his head to look at Aman but again he pushes Rahul into the wall, he leans in closer, 'that's right Kiddo I wasn't trying to get you off the hook but trying to get the noose around your neck. I should thank you as well for helping me, Kakun really believed you were innocent but you played the role of murderer so convincingly she hated you and with me whispering in her ear she was absolutely disgusted with you! 

I even tried to get that tape of you threatening Naina to the prosecution but Lord alone knows what went wrong but it didn't get used. Do you know how frustrating it is to see your best laid plans being messed up by idiots? Let me tell you it's very annoying; I'm just grateful I've been given a brain that adjusts so quickly.

So where are we? Ah yes your free and everyone know your innocent, including Kakun, how lovely for you but wait she's my wife now and Kakun could and would never hurt me or Punj Pariwar, so a divorce or marriage to you is definitely out of the question.

And don't even think about repeating anything I've told you this evening, 1stly no one will believe you after all I did to get you out of jail, I am the new golden boy of Punj Pariwar, 2ndly Kakun trust me like she never ever trusted you and without any evidence she'll never believe you. In fact you should tell everyone for they'll thing you've lost it or are envious because I have Kakun and you don't. You know what Rahul go ahead and tell everyone I don't really care for everyone plays to my tune now and nothing and no one will keep me away from what is rightfully mine- Punj Pariwar and Kakun!' With that he shoves Rahul once more into the wall and releases him.

'YOU'RE DEAD YOU bas***d!' Rahul screams at Aman his hands around his throat.

PART 6:

'Go ahead kill me' Aman chokes out

Rahul stops, his hands still around Aman throat, looking at him intently; there was no fear in his eyes, no begging to stop or pleading for his life but triumphant, that he had won.

'Kill me Rahul it makes no difference to me for I still win. Me dead without a doubt you will be found guilty for my murder and will either hang or spend the rest of your life in prison. I don't particularly care which but hi poor Kakun once again because of you her life will be over; hi hi to be made a vidwa at such a young age! She'll never re-marry, nobody would ever have her and the best part she'll hate you like she's never hated anyone ever before! 

Aman pushes Rahul arms from his neck looks at him in disgust, 'your weak Rahul, you don't have it in you to kill, you couldn't kill me for you just don't have that instinct for survival. Get out of my office so that I can finish up and go home to the loving arms of my beautiful new dulhan' Aman smirks at Rahul, turns to his desk gong through some papers, having dismissed Rahul from thoughts and office already.

'Wha…..'

Rahul spins Aman around and punches him in the face; he falls to the ground dazed he looks up at Rahul.

Rahul looking down at him, murder blazing in his eyes, fury in his voice, 'your wrong Aman I could kill you and it would be easy to do but you brought me back to my sanity; I won't let Kakun life be ruined again not by me and definitely not by a low life like you.

You like playing games with others peoples lives, like being the puppet master? No more! Now you'll play to my tune; I will destroy you Aman, I will see you in jail for the murder of Naina and I will make Kakun mine! Under your very nose you will see Kakun turn away from you, hate you, vile you and come to me and there will be nothing you can do about it, nothing at all. This is my promise to you Aman Bhai.' With that Rahul kicks Aman in the ribs, scoops up the Naina phone and bill and walks out of the office slamming the door so hard that the picture of Aman and Kakun falls and smashes on the floor.

PART 7:

'I'm sorry Rahul I can't help you.'

'You're the only one who can help me Naina. You said you only take cases where you know an injustice has been done and it has here. Also it's the same murder case; Naina murder that you were hired to prosecute-nothings changed accept we now know who the murderer is- Aman Punj.' Rahul says looking at Naina with bewilderment, didn't she understand what he was saying he had found Naina murderer! 

'Rahul I wish it was easy as you think it is, but these,' she points to Naina mobile and the bill, 'mean nothing and I mean nothing.

Rahul let me be absolutely honest with you; your brother is one of the top defence lawyers in Amritsar; he is sharp, bright and thinks out of the box, when I was studying law if he was in court we'd go and see him because he was that good, he was a role model for us, my role model.

You're asking me to think of someone who I have admired for many years as a killer, a murderer. And you want me to go after him with what? A mobile phone, a telephone bill and your word? The word of guy who confessed to the murder of his fiance but is in love with his brother wife, the brother who has so conveniently confessed to the murder you confessed too! Are you crazy?' Naina ask Rahul scornfully

'I must be then mustn't I? I must be absolutely loco, right! It's too much for me; my fiance gets murdered on the day we were supposed to marry. My brother marries the girl I actually love, so I've lost it totally and utterly?' Rahul tells Naina both hands on her desk leaning over, 'Well I haven't! I came to you for I believed in you; you who believes in the guilty being punished, no matter what their name or social status is. I came to you because I thought that once you knew who Naina real murderer was you wouldn't care about anything but justice for her, for Devi Aunty and Dinesh Uncle. But I was wrong; you're like the rest all hot air! But I tell you this I will not let Aman get away with this; he killed Naina, he's destroyed my life, took away my love, I will not let him destroy Kakun life or mine anymore-his time is up and if that means I bring him down by myself then so be it!'  Rahul with cold fury in his voice, his eyes blazing tell Naina and walks away.

'Stop Rahul. Rahul stop I believe you.' Naina says to Rahul back as he walks away.

Rahul spins around and looks at Naina, 'What?'

'I believe you. I believed you the 1st moment you told me but I had to make sure you understood that this will not be easy, not easy at all, in fact near impossible to prove.'

Rahul walks slowly back to Naina desk, 'I don't understand? You believe me, then why all the agro just now?'

'Yes I believe you; everything you said makes sense. Naina murder has been haunting me, you've been haunting me; I thought it was an open and shut case of passion. But as I looked into nothing made sense; you coming to me with the tape, helping me where ever possible to find you guilty; you weren't acting like a man guilty of murder, even with the tape of you threatening Naina wasn't enough for me! A case that should have been a simple murder of passion was now turning into a maze of conflicts- logic vs instinct! In the end I did the 1 thing I had never ever done before; I went on gut instinct!

We are taught that the evidence is what we base our judgements on, our arguments on. The evidence is what proves guilt or innocence not some feeling that has no substance, no sabot of it very own existence!' Naina tells Rahul in disgust

'But I went against everything I was taught, everything I believed, everything that that I used for every one of my cases in your case because something within me, something so much stronger then my logic, then my training told me that you were innocent.

In the end it, whatever it is, was right, you are innocent of Naina murder and you finally told me the truth; you lied to give Kakun the life you denied and if I needed any evidence the pandit story of you being at the mandir was all the proof that was required.

However in proving your innocence the question that haunts me, which does not allow me to rest is who killed Naina? And the only certain answer that comes out was that she was killed by someone she knew!'

'WHAT?'

'All the evidence points to this; there was no robbery, nothing was taken from her and what was she doing in the outhouse? It was her wedding day, what would've got her to leave the hall; a stranger? No way! Only somebody she knew, she trusted totally could get her to go there.

I've been going in circles with who had something to gain by her murder once I realised it wasn't you and I had no one, until just know- as soon as you said Aman everything fell into place.

He cold blooded killed Naina for getting in his way, the obstacle, as he saw it between him and Kakun. You had played ball by agreeing to Kakun demands and here was Naina about to spoil everything.

He couldn't let that happen and I'm sure he tried to persuade her to change her mind but she wouldn't and time was against him, his and Kakun morat was going…'

'So he killed her?' Rahul say with disbelief, 'He murders the girl who was like a sister to him, who is the sister of the woman he loves and then just goes off without a care and gets married?'

'Why not? Who was in his way now? Naina was dead, he had you where he wanted you; framed for the murder he committed and on top of that by you acting guilty to make Kakun hate you, you were helping him by making Kakun care more for him. Lord alone knows what else he's done!'

Silence

'I've got to get Kakun away from him! Once she finds out…..'

'NO! No Rahul you can't tell Kakun anything; firstly she's not going to believe you she totally trust Aman; he's been her friend, her support, her anchor when all were against her including you. She'll never believe he would betray her, you should've realised this by now.'

Rahul thinks back to when Kakun accused him of kidnapping Aman to stop their engagement; even though she loved him she had willingly thought the worst of him. No, Kakun wouldn't believe him her trust in Aman was absolute and by accusing him all he would be doing would be pushing Kakun closer to Aman.

Rahul head drops into his hands in despair, the idea of Kakun being so closed to Aman was tearing him part, he was frighten that if Aman could kill Naina so easily without remorse then what could he do to his innocent Kakun?

Rahul lifts his head slowing and looks at Naina, his eyes full of pain and hopelessness; 'Naina you have to do something; he'll destroy Kakun, I know he will when he realises that Kakun can never return his love.'

Naina looks at Rahul her heart feeling his pain, 'Rahul it's not going to be easy; Aman is extremely clever and he knows that you know the truth now and he'll use it to his advantage. He'll taunt you with his relationship with Kakun, he'll use her to hurt you; he may even hurt her because he knows that by hurting her he'll be hurting you. It is all about power now, Aman power over you, we, you must tread carefully otherwise it could very well be Kakun who gets destroyed in all this.'

Rahul looks at Naina and slowly nods his head, grimly he tells her 'I'll do whatever you tell me Naina but I want him brought to justice for murdering Naina, for causing so much grief to all of us especially Devi Aunty & Dinesh Uncle,' Rahul eyes filled with pain, 'for destroying the last of Kakun innocence; her belief in Aman as her friend, her confidante, her support. He has to pay Naina, he has to!' 

PART 8:

Punj House:

Everyone was sitting at the dinning table very quiet, Rahul enters and sits besides Bebe.

'Bebe itnay chup-charp? Aik choti si muskirat app mere liya nay dey sakti?'

Bebe turns to Rahul her eyes filled with unshed tears, she shakes her head and strokes Rahul face gently; everyone turns away at the pain in Bebe face.

Kakun walks in from the kitchen and breaks the moment; she puts a thali in front of Rahul and starts to turn away.

Rahul puts his hand on Kakun arm to stop her; she shivers at his touch and tries to pull away

'Kakun please take this thali away, I'm not eating anything. Also can you make sure that food is plain no spices, no sugar and…..' Rahul goes on with his new food requirements.

'What's this Rahul, some new diet?' Aman says mockingly.

Rahul turns for the 1st time since seeing Aman in his office to him; his eyes burn with fury but he moderates his voice.

'No, I was told by the pandit that when someone you love dies so young you can keep a special fast for them and I'm doing this for Naina.'

'Ah Rahul Puta, that is so good but you know that it is very difficult to keep this fast and you must do it for a whole 30 chand nights.' Bebe tells Rahul worryingly.

'Is Naina not worth it Bebe? Anyway I'm tired I think I'll go and rest.' Rahul gets up from the table and heads to his room, Kakun eyes follow him.

'Kakun? Kakun?' Aman calls out annoyed

'Aman? Sorry what is it?'

'Nothing, we've all finished once you've seen to everything please give Bebe a glass of warm milk and honey; she hasn't been eating much. Then come up, I'll be waiting for you.'

Kakun shivers at Aman last sentence; not the electric shiver that Rahul caused in her but a shiver of dread, of fear at what he may be waiting for. 'Don't be silly Kakun this is Aman- you know he'll never hurt you.' She tells herself.

A little while later Kakun knocks on Bebe door and enters; Bebe is looking at Naina picture and is crying.

'Bebe no!' Kakun exclaims rushing to Bebe side putting her arms around her, 'Please Bebe don't cry.' Tears welling up in Kakun own eyes as she sees Naina picture; the lost of the sister she never knew, would never know.

'Kakun mere Naina roshni thi; jab bi woh artiti jasai aik tahoon aye! Que koi mere nandini si batchi laylia?' Bebe cries out in Kakun embrace.

Tears fall from Kakun eyes, 'Oh Bebe I understand your pain; she was my little sister and I never got to know her, will never know her, I understand your pain for it is my pain too.' She thinks to herself.

'Bebe you know Naina would never of wanted to see you unhappy and especially shed tears for her; you were her girlfriend remember? Please Bebe, this is not good for you or for Naina. You've hardly eaten anything, Aman asked me especially to make you hot milk and honey and make sure you drank it.' Bebe protest that she doesn't want anything. 'Bebe do you want me to go to Aman and tell him you that you wouldn't take it; you know how much he loves and worries about you; he'll be so upset is that what you want?.'

'Kakun how can I upset my Aman Puta? After so long he is back home and he worked so hard to get Rahul out of jail, no I can't upset him- you win I'll drink it and you can tell your husband.' Bebe says with a little smile.

Kakun helps Bebe into bed and tucks her in, giving her the milk and watches her drink it, Bebe looks at her quizly, 'Kakun Puta kya hai?'

'Bebe…' Kakun starts off hesitantly, 'Bebe this fast that Rahul is doing, can anyone do it?'

'Family can do it Puta.'

'But Bebe Rahul wasn't Naina family, he wasn't even married to her.'

'Puta there is family and there is Family; Rahul might not have blood ties but because of his love for her he can do it. Anyone in this family can do it.'

'Bebe then I want to do this for Naina; we were going to be sisters; both of us part of the same family.' Kakun thinks this is my right, if I can't openly do it as a sister, then at least as a sister in-law let me be able to do this for my Naina if nothing else.

Bebe shakes her head, 'Nahi Kakun you can't do it.'

'Why not?' Kakun asked shocked, 'you said anyone in this family can keep this fast.'

'Ji Puta but there are other things to this fast, that's why it is ok for Rahul to do it and not you; he is single and you are married.'

'Bebe I don't understand?'

Bebe shakes her head at Kakun in despair, 'Married and you still don't understand! Kakun this fast it not just about giving up spices, sugar, and other food items for 30 days but also of giving up certain relationships and their acts. You understand?'

Kakun looks blankly at Bebe

'SEX Kakun SEX!'

'Bebe!' Kakun exclaims shocked

Both stare at each other and burst out laughing.

'Bebe'

'Kakun'

'I understand now Bebe'

'I should hope so! Can't believe you've been married these weeks and are still such an innocent.'

Kakun looks down at Bebe remarks; she didn't want Bebe to read the truth; that she was still an innocent, still untouched, that the idea of Aman touching her, kissing her, caressing her made her sick. Aman had promised to give her as much time as she needed but lately there was something in his eyes as he watched her, in his tone that made her wonder if he didn't want…..Stop it Kakun this is Aman, your best friend, he's never broken his word to you he won't now.

'Kakun, Kakun, where were you?'

'Bebe if Aman was ok with me doing this fast will you be ok with me doing it?'

'Kakun no newly married husband……' Bebe starts to protest

'Bebe, Naina was just like Tanu to Aman, I'm sure he would want me to do it, please Bebe?'

Bebe looks at Kakun and sees she desperately wants to keep the fast; maybe this was Kakun way of righting the wrong she did to Naina, whatever her reason it was important to her, 'Kakun Puta if Aman agrees then you have my blessing, but remember this has to be done for 30 days.'

Kakun smiles and kisses Bebe on the forehead, 'thank you Bebe, now sleep well and I'll see you in the morning.'

Kakun leaves the rooms closing the light and heads upstairs to Aman bedroom, gathering her thoughts on how she was going to explain to Aman about her keeping the fast.

'NO WAY KAKUN! You actually thought I'd give you permission to keep this fast? That for 30 days you're going to live like a sadu and expect me to do the same? Are you stupid; we're newly married, people expect us to be going out and about, enjoying ourselves and you want us to do nothing? Damn it Kakun what on earth gave you this stupid idea and that I'll agree to it?' Aman asks furiously at Kakun.

PART 9:

Kakun watches in disbelief as Aman shouts at her about wanting to keep the fast for Naina; this was a Aman she had never seen before, hadn't even known he existed or could exist. He was brutal and callous going on and on about what people would think; think? Was this the same Aman Punj who had stood by her when everyone was against her, took her side against his own family?

Kakun looks on stunned and slightly afraid; Aman had never raised his voice to her, had always been gentle and kind and when needed to be firm but never hurtful and insensitive.

'I know it was Rahul that put the idea in your head,' Aman turns to Kakun and grabs her by the arms, 'don't you see what he is trying to do? This is his way of coming between us, putting distance in our relationship as husband and wife. I won't let him get away with this!' Aman shouts at Kakun shaking her.

'Aman stop your hurting me!' Kakun wrenches herself out of Aman grip, 'Aman this has nothing to do with Rahul. You know that Naina was my sister; I can't grieve for her like Mansha can, can't cry for her like Bebe can, can't get angry like Maa can, but I can do this; I can fast for her and at least I'll know if nothing else this little thing I did for my sister.

I thought you of all people would understand how much Naina means to me; did I not sacrifice my love for Rahul for her?, did I not sacrifice Rahul love for me for her?, did I not go beyond our bonds of friendship by using you so she and Rahul could be together? And I did this all willingly because she was my little sister, you know all this and now act all upset because I want to keep this fast for 30 days?

So what if people will comment, they all know that Naina was like a little sister to you, let them assume what they will, I don't care but I'm keeping this fast.' Kakun tells Aman firmly, hiding the shock of Aman reaction and words inside of her, she didn't have the strength to look deeply into his change of temperament.

Kakun turns away from Aman and walks towards the dressing table, 'it's not like ours is a real marriage anyway that you should be so concerned by people comments.' Kakun remarks taking off her bangles; she misses seeing Aman reaction to her comment; a look of absolute fury; his nostril flaring, face tight, mouth pinched, his hands curling into tight fist ready to punch something or someone.

Kakun looks up into the mirror and catches a glimpse of Aman; her breath catches, the bangles fall from her nerveless fingers, her eyes widen, her heart racing, fear shivering across her body.

Aman notices Kakun reaction and in a blink of an eye his body is relaxed and he sheepishly walks over to Kakun, lightly putting his hand on her shoulders, he takes them off as her body cringes away from his touch, his only response is the tightening around his eyes,

'Forgive me Kakun I wasn't thinking, of course your right to keep this fast for Naina as you reminded me everything you've done including marrying me was for Naina, all for Naina and she deserves this too. Don't worry Kakun I won't stop you and you can count on my support for this too; it's me Aman your best friend when have I ever let you down?' he smiles at her in the mirror and slowly Kakun smiles back hesitantly at first, then with her usual sweet smile,

'You are my best friend Aman and you've never let me down, thank you for understanding.' With that Kakun slips form under Aman arm and goes to the bathroom, 'I'll only be a few minutes.'

Aman watches Kakun as she walks in the bathroom and shuts the door, as it closes the false smile he was wearing slips away and his true face emerges; coldly with furious anger he turns away and picks up the picture on the dressing table; 'Friend Kakun? I am your best friend; your protector, your supporter and I will be your husband and lover! There is no one better for you then me, no one loves you more then I do, no one could do what I did; kill Naina your sister for you! That is love Kakun-total battle for the one you love, not what Rahul did; keeping a stupid promise!' At the thought of Rahul Aman hands tightens on the photo he is holding; a picture of him and Kakun and Rahul and Naina taken at the roka. 'Rahul you think you're so clever; I know your not fasting for Naina but trying to keep Kakun away from me! Well done little brother you win this match but all you've done is made this battle far more interesting; destroying a worthy adversary is so much more satisfying then an easy win! Oh I shall beat you Rahul, you have ruled in my place for far too long. I will not live in the shadows anymore! All that was yours; Punj Pariwar, Kakun, the Punj name, all will be mine again-you will not beat me!' With an evil smile and madness in his eyes Aman puts the photo back and walks away breaking Kakun glass bangles that had fallen.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Tash, wow  its good to see you back, thank you so much for the update as always it was brillant, i loved reading it, that was smart of Rahul, it the credit goes to Naina for telling him to be careful, if Rahul just came and told Kakun she would have never believe her, i hope Kakun finds out what Aman really is soon, thank you for the update and cant wait to read more
kdmhfan thumbnail
Shashait's so nice to see you back😃 Thank you so much for the update and as always it was simply outstanding👍🏼 You know how fond I am of your writing😊😊
I'm really glad that Rahul told Naina everything, now they sure will come up with something to get that monster behind bars. The fast thing was really cleaver, creating distance between Kaakon and Aman is much better than telling Kaakon the truth right now. I'll eagerly be waiting for the next part😊
Once again, thank you so much for the update🤗

-Ishi

👍🏼
rbb1 thumbnail
Shasha i hope you update your story soon
mabel thumbnail
wow!!!!!!!!!!!
shasha...dis was definitely worth the long wait!!!!!!!!!!
its simply superb....stupendous....mindblowing!!!!!!
seriously...i just luvd it....
u put in real intelligent writing mixed with great creative thinking!!!!
luv u loads....
i m eagerly waiting 4 ur next update!!!!
rbb1 thumbnail
I know Mabel i cant wait either just like you, where has Shasha disappeared to i think she is busy but i really want to read the next update as well, by the way Mabel where is your update i want to read your update as well
Lesca thumbnail
please continue ur terrific story😊....can't wait for more!!!!!
shasha74 thumbnail
guys am working on it had a break- went to Italy! just found out that kdmh is going to be stopped so have asked how to get on to the FF section so that i can continue just incase, awaiting their response