Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

judyp thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I will describe my relationship with SP as a love affair gone sour.  At this time I look forward to the end of SP.  At that time I will say justice has been served - basically for the writers lack of appreciation for the many viewers of SP that has followed the journey of NS.  There was no reason for the killing of Nahar and not giving NS their child after Kalika confessed.  I had really looked forward to NS welcoming their child and the writers had encouraged the viewers by stretching the pregnancy for 10 months.  To abandon Saloni Ka Safar and starting savri Ka Safar for me was the final disrespect showed to the audience. 

I had really liked SP and for me it started in November 2007 I was home on holidays and my mother was watching an episode of SP and I saw the scene with Nahar breaking Saloni's fast in a hotel room (this was when they had left home due to Saloni trying to prove Abhi was Pia's rapist) and that started my attraction.  However with any love affair you take the good with the bad.  One of the best twists I saw was Jiji entering the house as the new Kakisa.    One of the best story was the Chimini track - NS life was filled with laughter and joy.  Despite the horrible things that happen to NS I held the firm view it will be put right without any permanent damage - no marriage to other people, no lost of child.  They would stay true to their beliefs.  NS for me held good family values.I never saw Saloni as a dark-skinned girl fighting discrimination.  I saw Saloni as a good person who happens to be dark.  For me SP was about Nahar and Saloni, a couple facing the trials and tribulation of married life.  Issues as Mistrust, lack of communication, pregnancy, loss of a child, kidnapping of a child and facing the death of a spouse.  Like all people they made mistakes and got punished but they were basically good at heart and god protected them.  But the writers' failure to punish the evil doers is one of the biggest flaws in this show which ultimately led to viewers no longer wanting to watch this show.  It left viewers with the lesson being good gets you a hard life and forever sacrifice for bad people is the way of a good person.  To kill Nahar off and dump him like yesterday's garbage solidify for me the writers of SP didn't care about their existing viewers because they ran straight into the Sawri and Shweta's story regardless of what the viewers may have wanted to see. 

My liking for SP brought me to India Forums and I met people who shared my love for NS and SP.  I met some great human being   Ramas - a very caring person, KoolSadhu so well read and learned - Her post gets me scared some times. Reena - a very talent person who's not scared about opening her heart to people.
Most of all SP got me thinking about life  - one of the scene I will remember is Nahar sitting by the side of the road remembering his life after he thought he had lost Saloni after the lost of his child - those scenes reminded me of the uncertainty of life.

These are some of my best moments of SP.

saat phere part 3, feb 20 -Nahar and Saloni in the hospital when she regained her memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FweAsSurQAk&feature=related

Saat phere part 1, feb 14  - Nahar and Saloni - when Saloni was still a child - he was planning to remarry her ..  1st time she wore a Sari since she lost her memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjpbWcIwbXU&feature=related

saat phere part 2, feb 14 Nahar and Saloni taking Saat Phere when she lost her memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RCfWqLUJSs

Saat(h) Phere 29th October 2008 part 3/5 -Nahar and Saloni's confrontation on him dying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y1lT6I8B-4&feature=related

Saat Phere 29th july 08 part 3 last part - Nahar singing to Saloni when she was in shock over the death of their daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2mjbvdbeV4&feature=related

Saat Phere 29th july 08 part 2 - Nahar's desolation on the lost of all he holds dear -his wife and child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPFkADWZAHE&feature=related

Saath Phere-9th April 2008-Part 1 Nahar and Saloni at Neel's wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujqLwg5sYBw&feature=related

Saat Phere-25th June 2008-Part 3 Nahar and Saloni remembering their wedding and talking to their child..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDsrXlRolgU&feature=related

Saat Phere-24th June 2008-Part 2 Nahar and Saloni remembering their wedding night on Kalika and Kshitij's wedding night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95BWE3a7_Q0&feature=related

Edited by judyp - 15 years ago
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
๐Ÿค—wow Judyp for sharing the beautiful moments with us. Yes I started to enjoy SP after Nahar'e entry, subsequent marriage with Sal and how the story moved fwd from thereon. I completely agree that there was no need to kill Nahar esp after showing the spiritual healing powers of Amrit. That absolutely belittled NS relnship and lead to SP losing its charm. For the first time I got angry with a serial and did sent a caustic & harsh email to Zee for ruining SP. That did make me feel better, lol. Nahar wasnt just a statue male lead, he shared a special place in the hearts of SP viewers and by killing him mindlessly just hurt the viewer sentiments. This is what lead to fall in TRPs for SP. I wld blame the producer more for it since they seemed to be unmindful of the viewership since they already had a hit in hands on another channel. Saloni's performance as a child was brilliant and fabulous, the best I have seen from an actress. Nahar complemented her very well and in his time with SP he has honed his acting skills.
nookway thumbnail
SP is very dear to my heart and I am surely going to miss it. I have watched it from the very first episode (by watched, I mean i have read the updates for every single episode) so I am somehow attached to it.

They have shown Saloni as a epitome of sacrifice which I thought was a little too much. I understand that you have to make sacrifices for your family but the so called writers have done it way too much for Saloni.

I really enjoyed the Nahar-saloni moments together. I adore Nahar and I agree 100% that they shouldnt have killed Nahar. He was the essence of the show. After he died, it was a downfall of the show.

All in all, it was a good show and I am definitely going to miss it.
bsingapury thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i have very speciall place in my heart for saat phere because it was the show i got anxious and started my search to find somethign abotu it and i came to this forum

i was very reglar memebr in this forum but not very active ........but i stopped watching show when jiji second time came into singh parivar and ctarted creating misunderstanding between nahar and saloni i could not take it because for me nahar and saloni had very speciall place

i really loved all the scenes exceuted was fab in saat phere they gave excellent sewuence to marriage ...their courtship time wow i still rememebr nahar's entry in this show when he was fencing in club he looks so hot and handsome mmmm i am dreaming

than he took saloni to mumbai to marry neel ....and his confession for his love for saloni ..and their honeymoon track and his support throughout to saloni

nahar's character was the one who attracted me to this drama....and second was brijesh..........i still remember long back when i started one topic in this forum about comparing nahar and jai valia all girls were worked up but i still hold my words that nahar was best pati intellywood compare to others

SP had very specaial place in my heart and will always have in future and that was the reason i wanted to preserve only good memories of that show i stopped watching when i realised it is going down the hill with it's stupidity with over doign jiji

but though feeling very sad ..........that i am loosing something........
angel_of_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm sooo sad that this show has ended but all good things must come to an end....SP was the reason why I became so hooked on Indian Serials. My aunt and grandma were so attached and I used to laugh at them all the time because of that. Then one night at 9:00 in 2006, (yes, I remember the year๐Ÿ˜‰)it was time for me to go to bed...my grandma just happened to change the channel to ZeeTv exactly at that moment, and as i was heading upstairs, I heard the beautiful theme song....boy was it lovely and had a great meaning to it also....I hid behind a wall so my grandma and father could not see me. I watched the entire episode and immediately got so drawn to the show. The track was when Urvashi had first came to the house and was pregnant for Brijesh because she was gonna be a surrogate mother. I loved all her evil tactics and just simply enjoyed every character's acting!! Sp indeed had interesting storylines which made me long for more. I will truely miss this serial especially with the old cast and the old storylines...I just could not simply accept these new people and the separation of Nahar and Saloni. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜”

Because of Sp, I began watching other great shows that are no longer on air such as Kareena Kareena, Jab Love Hua, Sindoor Tere naam ka, Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann, Kasam Se, Mamta, Meri Doli Tere Angana, and a few others.

And so I say thank you to all the directors, producers, and writers for beginning this show with such an interesting storyline and introducing us to these wonderful actors.โค๏ธ

*And most Importantly I wanna say thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to these updaters who spent their evenings typing these updates just so that the members of this forum could be satisfied....A few of the updaters that I would indeed remember are Ramas, Magnificent, RealityBites, and Simz. I'm sorry if I have forgotten anyone else......THANK YOU!!!! It has been a wonderful 3 1/2 journey with this Forum!!!! ๐Ÿ‘
Edited by angel_of_09 - 15 years ago
this show was amazing.I never get bored.All tracks were great except of nahar,s death.Iwas addicted to this show .I,ll miss it a lot.nahar saloni brijesh tara sanvri shweta bhabho did great work in this show.it shuld not ended so soon.i was addicted to this show.Thanks for every one on saath phere forum for your updates and videos.good bye saath phere forum.
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Thanks for the lovely post Lav di... really sent me on a trip down memory lane. I still remember the good times we had in the forum... the chutter putter fun, silly stories, and our heated discussions. We really had soo much fun together, and its so sad that SP is ending now.

Saat Phere as a show was the one to start many things, like u said abt the 'raaz' concept, and also the color discrimination issue. Even though this show sometimes got on all our nerves, it was still fun to come to the forum and vent it all out.

The SP forum will always be special to me, it was the first forum I was active, the first place I made so many friends... I'm really gonna miss not only the show, but also all the fun times we had here

I'll miss you Saat Phere!
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I'll miss saat phere
I think the thing I loved most about the show was the actors
Sharad and Rajshree were absolutely amazing, very talented, and they had great chemistry as NaSa
Right now the most memorable episodes were the Cinderella story one, the ones of their honeymoon