Ali Hassan aka Old Manik in Kasamh Se

Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 18 years ago

Kasamh Se, Ekta tells Zee
   By: Upala KBR

Ashwini Kalsekar as Jigyasa
Ekta Kapoor's new soap about three sisters will air on Zee TV.

Called Kasamh Se, the serial will have three newcomers playing the lead roles β€” Bani, the eldest sister (played by Prachi Desai); Pia, the middle sister (Roshni Chopra); and youngest sister Rano (Arunima Sharma).

All three actresses were discovered through a massive talent hunt launched in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Bangalore.

Study in contrasts

Roshni Chopra as Pia
Says Sandeep Sikcand, the creative head, Kasamh Se, "The serial is the journey of sisters from a small town, Nainital to a big city, Mumbai, and how their relationships undergo changes with situations and time. It's a touching, beautiful, tender love story between the sisters β€” the chemistry and bonding between the three of them.

The love and bonding doesn't change but with the changes in situations, love assumes a different meaning. The three of them have different ideologies in life β€” for the eldest, love if the most important factor, for the second it's money and for the third, her career."

Prachi Desai as Bani
Prachi ya Padmini?

Prachi, who plays the protagonist, Bani, "is a totally fresh face. She has been born and brought up in Surat and did her college from Pune.

Apart from acting in school and college plays, she has had no professional training in acting. Prachi has a very cute face β€” what's most striking about her is her strong resemblance to Padmini Kolhapure."

The new serial will be directed by Anil V Kumar (who has been directing Kahin Toh Hoga since its inception). "He's known as The Doctor by Ekta," laughs Sandeep. "Whenever there is trouble, Anil is there to sort it out."

Ali Hassan as Ranvir
Search continues

Arunima Sharma as Rano
The other characters in the serial are Jai Walia, a rich and powerful business magnate, in whose home the girls come to live in, his sister Jigyasa, (Ashwini Kalsekar who plays Misha in K Street Pali Hill), Jai's girlfriend Sonali and a big-time film actress (Amita Chandekar from Piya Ka Ghar), Jigyasa's son, Ranvir (Ali Hassan), and Pushkar (Naman Shaw) who is emotionally involved with Bani and Piya. "We are still searching for a good name to play the role of Jai Walia," informs Sandeep.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sabagenius thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vandu4ever

thanks 4 da article!!!!

😊thx

*Sweet.Sabz* thumbnail

phir se Nainital πŸ˜†
we have other Kripa's in the making

btw tnx 4 da article

Edited by |{ _ GiL - 18 years ago
SANDY thumbnail
So when is this show starting?
Kaj! thumbnail

Originally posted by: buttercup

πŸ˜† is he a pandit?

thats what i was thinkingπŸ˜†

by the way, thanx for the info

buttercup thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaj!

thats what i was thinkingπŸ˜†

by the way, thanx for the info

lead pandit in the show πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†
*Sweet.Sabz* thumbnail

lead pandit in the show πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

he'll have a big role

since there r three girls ....dey will get married several times...dey will need da pandit often

Edited by |{ _ GiL - 18 years ago
Tainted Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanx for the article 😊
The promo's have already started showing on Zee Tv...I have seen them...looks like a good show. I think it's starting on 23rd Jan in the UK.
ishu124 thumbnail

πŸ˜† is he a pandit?

πŸ˜†

Fallen Star thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 6
I have heard of this show...btw thanx for posting πŸ˜›