monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Veer dares to dream

An exclusive interview with one of the dream chasers - Amit 'Veer' Khanna, from STAR One's brand new series - Yeh Dil Chahe More.

All of us dream, but how many of us dare to chase it until it is fullfilled, here are two who have the guts to make their own destiny because Yeh Dil Chahe More.

The brand new series on STAR One has got it all… youth, family, travel, dreams and a lorry to chase them! The series which goes by the name, Yeh Dil Chahe More is the first ever series shot on-road.

Veer is a flamboyant guy who aspires to be a mega model, while his partner in the scheme of things - Tara, played by Chandana Sharma, wants to get married to the man of her dreams - the one and only, Shah Rukh Khan. Now, to get to where they want to be and who they want to be, the two get together out of desperation rather than the want of it and chase their dreams… Well, they chase it in a true desi style, on a truck.

indya.com got an exclusive interview with the star - Amit Khanna, who is all set to rule our hearts with his dreams.

How did you get to play the lead in Yeh Dil Chahe More?
I have been into modeling since two years, have been a VJ and have done more than 300 music shows. Zeenat, the Creative Director spotted me in the IDEA mobile phone commercial, she described the character and I was very excited… the character grows, its never stagnant, I was very eager to play this role. I owe it all to Zeenat who believed in me.

Tell us something about the character - Veer?
Veer is a fun-loving, bindaas character. I think in many ways he is an extention of myself… He is so real that I can't use one adjective to describe him. He grows with the character and is very different from the typical roles because he is multi-dimensional, woh viewers ke zindagi ka hissa banjayega. I must thank Zeenath who chose me and our Director Subbu who made me feel, think and gel with the character.

Do you think the serial will touch a chords of STAR One viewers?
The series is sure to be a part and parcel of many viewers - young, and those young at heart. The characters are very real, they are down to earth, ek apna family jaisa lagega…, Yeh Dil Chahe More is more of a film in the serial format, one is assured as much fun as in a movie.

The promos show that a truck gets you both to places, do you get to drive the truck?
Oh! Yes, and it's quite an experience, the truck has history in real, it was a Army truck, that was later used as a train van, the makers of the serial spotted it and thought it was great, as it already has a story to tell. They then painted it is real desi style and cast on screen with us.

How has the experience of being on road been for you?
The experience was mind boggling! We were exposed to all the elements of nature- the heavy rain, scorching sun etc, the crew was extremely co-operative, we had so much fun that the minor incidents get negated.

From where does the journey of chasing the dreams begin?
Veera and Tara decide that their dreams are more important and run away from Delhi, the twists and turns in the story are very interesting. Tanusha Niranjan, the story writer has done a great job, I am too small in front of her talents to speak of her, she has the skill to narrate.

Swapna Perikal K
  • source-http://www.indya.com/news/amit_khanna.html
  • Edited by monika_g - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vandu4ever thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
    Posted: 18 years ago