princessgirl92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This programme shouldn't be on TV. The message that they are sending out to the audience is that adopting children are bad and therefore can even be touched???? What sort of nonsence is that!!! 😡 Even if Radhika is adopted, Amma should bide with the rules and send Radhika to her sasuraal when she got married. And she says that Radhika wants to ruin the family's name!!! What about Vaishaka who wants to be an actress!!! Won't she ruin the family's name!! Sometimes the creatives can really be hurtful about adopted children. Those parents who have adopted children, are high in my eyes. Only someone really nice can adopt children and treat them as their own and here Amma is discriminating her!! How sick   😡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well the discrimation is not entirely because Radhika is adopted. But in Amma's twisted mind, Radhika is the result of someone' else's sin and was thrown away. She expects Radhika to be the daughter of someone from a low caste and as the Shashtri's are Brahmins she will consider herself ashudh if she touches Radhika or if Radhika touches her food or does the pooja.. etc etc. The age old story of Cast discrimination of India.

I don't think its a bad thing actually, that the show is depicting this because to the best of my knowlege this stuff still is prevelant in India.. more pronounced in some places than others. So its prefectly ok to portray an ugly side of society that everyone like to ignore and pretend does not exist anymore as India is so progressed and out of its dark ages...

It puts the reality of things in your face and i appreciate it.
princessgirl92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I know but still, well that's what I believe. Sorry if i've hurt you 😕
MarilynMonroe thumbnail
wel i also think its nt dat bad....dey r tryin to show reality dat sum of us dont really knw.....i think dey shd have more of these kind of shows rather than havin all da shows abt bussiness tycoon's families. these kind of shows opens our eyes
Malster90 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hahah i think the show is showing reality. i dont know to what extent but im sure there are many adopted children that are treated such as radhika is.