U_Princess thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey all

I wanted to share something with all of you. After I saw todays episode I was speechless and suddenly realized, I actually grew up watching Kyunki!! I watched the show from the very beginning of it. I have seen the very first mihir die. I have seen Tulsi running back to him crazily when she was getting married to another person.

You know why I bring this issue today? Because today every other person is washing their hands off from Kyunki. But once there was a time when star plus was nothing without Kyunki. This serial has shaped what star plus is today.

Its so easy to blame Ekta for messing up. Well let me put it this way , as a producr what on earth she could have done when original Mihir, Amar upaddhaya, acted pricy and set off for bollywood?! She changed Mihir. She introduced face surgery. Isnt this how this so talked about and criticised trend came into TV?

Then one after another every other "actor problem" was solved like this. And now according to starplus, Kyunki can not pull the youth of today. How many of youth audience actually sit infront of TV so late at night? There are so many other ways to keep them busy. Has there been any research on the issue of winding up this historic soap? Has the TRP been so poor then why cant people get enough of the "winding up" news. If its a dead horse then why still I am here, writing my tears away?

Its so easy to curse ekta. Its so easy for other production houses rubbing their big bottom on starplus's new found funda. Kyunki didnt pull youth? What am I ? or they mean much more younger audiences?!

There had been a time before my marriage; my parents, my brother.. all of us just right after dinner before sleeping had a wonderful time infront of TV all together..watching the journey of Tulsi for long 6 years. Kyunki started when I was 20. I wasn't enough young, eh?!

I feel sad. I miss kyunki already. Kyunki was not doing magical anymore but it wasn't that bad. Instead of Kyunki whats there? aap ki kacheri?!!!! Who is gonna watch this show after whole day? ?

I believe Kyunki could have pulled it off again given some more time. I believe Starplus just acted step motherly. Now all those "star parivar" funda seems fuss to me. Cant express how I feel exactly but may be one thing will explain this. Its like arranging funeral for your cancer struck mother, before even she died. or is it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

U_Princess thumbnail
MimiLulu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I agree as well.  After all that Kyunki has done for StarPlus and the TV industry in general, it deserved a better ending.....more respect.
U_Princess thumbnail

Originally posted by: Posh23ash

I agree as well.  After all that Kyunki has done for StarPlus and the TV industry in general, it deserved a better ending.....more respect.

Well apparently in the name of revamping star plus , so many things are getting slaughtered. What I fail to understand is  why this soap was not given enough time ?! If the contract between BT and star plus was up until march 2009, presumably the lead actors of this soap has contract with Balaji till then. What will happen to them? Why such a rush?
thilinibh thumbnail

I think Star plus will pay for what they did for kyunki by giving more importance to their very new shows like Bidai. If they want to compare kyunki and Bidai they should do bidai as of now ( just one year old) and when kyunki was 1 year old. we all have to agree that Kyunki adn Ekta's concepts revolutionised the tv soaps and I don't their so called other soaps which are popular today will last like kyunki did. I still hope Ekta will continue the story in another channel or in her own channel when she starts one. But she has to bring interesting storylines unlike Trupti track which bored the audience a lot.

AJ_ss thumbnail
hey, well said! i haven't watched from the beginning, but even I feel there's something magic in kyunki... i feel more connected to it than to any other show, i cry when they cry which i never do for any other tv show, and i get really happy when something good happens.
about their "youth" thing: what do kids want to see, anyway? I'm a teenager, and I love this show. They say it's regressive or whatever, I think it's cool. And why is it all about "youth" anyway? People over 25 or so don't watch tv or something? This is all the aunties' favorite show, why don't they consider that? I agree, Kyunki...needed some more interesting storylines, but it has the potential to get right back where it was with a few new tracks.
also, just the matter of star plus ending the contract early rubs me the wrong way. that's no way to treat the show that got them to the top. it's really not fair to say that Ekta is going down and just drop her when she did so much for them and for indian tv in general.
all i can say is, harsh as it sounds, i hope Ekta starts her own channel and just totally smashes star plus.
Edited by AJ_ss - 15 years ago
U_Princess thumbnail

Originally posted by: thilinibh

I think Star plus will pay for what they did for kyunki by giving more importance to their very new shows like Bidai. If they want to compare kyunki and Bidai they should do bidai as of now ( just one year old) and when kyunki was 1 year old. we all have to agree that Kyunki adn Ekta's concepts revolutionised the tv soaps and I don't their so called other soaps which are popular today will last like kyunki did. I still hope Ekta will continue the story in another channel or in her own channel when she starts one. But she has to bring interesting storylines unlike Trupti track which bored the audience a lot.

Not only Trupti track. There were tracks which were utterly wasted but still can be exploited.  Each and every actor in Kyunki is a star. Everyone could have been used instead of only 2/3 actors. But Kyunki was never out of Top 5 in 8 years. Hardly 7/8 position recently. So even 2/3 boring tracks doesn't justify this rush. When Kyunki was 1 year old, it was a craze. Is Bidai a craze? Even if it is, pardon my ignorance, I don't even know of it. It didnt happen overnight, right? So if TRP was falling, its obviously curable but not overnight.

How many more soaps has this amount of talented and glamourous actors?
U_Princess thumbnail

Originally posted by: AJ_ss

hey, well said! i haven't watched from the beginning, but even I feel there's something magic in kyunki... i feel more connected to it than to any other show, i cry when they cry which i never do for any other tv show, and i get really happy when something good happens. and i'm a teenager, by the way, and i don't think i'm that unusual, so their "youth" argument doesn't really work either (why does it have to pull the youth anyway? why can't they be happy making it for older people? people over 25 don't watch tv or something?)

also, just the matter of star plus ending the contract early rubs me the wrong way. that's no way to treat the show that got them to the top. it's really not fair to say that Ekta is going down and just drop her when she did so much for them and for indian tv in general.
all i can say is, harsh as it sounds, i hope Ekta starts her own channel and just totally smashes star plus.

Thanks a lot for confirming my thoughts. Their youth argument doesn't really connect. 10:30 pm slot is usually 25+ ppls slot, keeping younger audience's uni, school, exams etc..in mind. My heart goes to those people who are as surprised as me about this sudden winding up. There should be a proper market research and a public uproar. or Ekta should atleast hold a press conference where every thing should come out clean.
thilinibh thumbnail
yes, I agree. Kyunki has a great cast and they all did their best throughout these years. Yes star plus should have give some more time to kyunki. I think the most recent downfall was the too long trupti track. Viewers didn't like to see the virani family getting tortured by trupti and they dragged it too long. and once it was finally finished, they brough her back too quickly with Vaidehi track and viewers were already fed up with trupti. There was a period it was well focussed around the younger generation like KT- Laksh-Eku-Bhumi- Joydeep-Archita-Pari etc. But since Ekta didn't have any idea that it was going to end it soon she revolved the story around Karan-Nandani-Tanya- sahil-Trupti-Ganga again. But we were happy that Sahil got rid of trupti and got remarried to Ganga and Karan- Nandadi marriage etc. So I still wish Ekta will move it to another channel and start the stories of the younger generation again which are not finished yet 😉 Edited by thilinibh - 15 years ago