Three Cheers For Our Proud Bristy aka the_rain

Raisa25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello My dear Friends,

Hope all are fine here. Posting here after age's...But this time couldn't resist Myself as it's regarding my buddy Bristy. I know  Bristy gonna kill me for sure but i thought it's a part of our duty to encourage a Girl Who Got the Significant Pleasure to Represent our country (Bangladesh) in the International Olympiad in Informatics and became a proud member of the International Olympiad.

And the Girl is none other than our Beloved  Brishty (Bushra Mahbub)

Brishty I can't tell you how proud i'm on you. Dear, Go & give ur best shot. I can't wait for ur arrival & listening the stories from you. Inshallah success is nowhere far from you!

Guy's I kindly request you all to CONGRATS our luvly Brishty for her outstanding achievement. May Allah bless you with more & more success in the coming life! Good Luck Sweetheart!

Two young talents to join Int'l Olympiad in Informatics
Staff Correspondent

Mohammad Abirul Islam, left, and Bushra Mahbub will take part in the International Olympiad in Informatics to be held in Egypt. Photo: STAR
Two young Bangladeshi talents -- Mohammad Abirul Islam and Bushra Mahbub - will take part in the International Olympiad in Informatics to be held in Egypt.

They are scheduled to leave for Cairo this morning to join the competition.

Abirul, who sat for the HSC exams this year, and Bushra, a 2nd year student of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College, have been selected for the competition for their outstanding performances in Bangladesh Informatics Olympiad 2008.

A reception was accorded to them at The Daily Star office yesterday where the country's renowned scientists wished them good luck and success in the 28th version of the competition introduced in 1989.

While briefing on the events and Bangladesh position, Dr M Kaykobad highlighted the difficulties the youngsters are facing in preparing themselves for such a sophisticated international competition.

"Our younger generation will go a long way if they are encouraged and supported," he said, adding that Bangladesh is taking part in two Olympiads although there are many more.

Prof M Shamsher Ali advised the participants not to lose their hearts even though they fail to win the competition.

Muhammad Zafar Iqbal said many youths could not take part in such competitions due to financial constraints and called on both the government and private organisations to come forward to help the talents.

Prof Naiyyum Chowdhury said the country's young talents are lagging behind for not getting encouraged and financial supported. He advised them to keep on practising to achieve their goals.

Editor of The Daily Star Mahfuz Anam was also present at the reception.

Bangladesh first attended the event as an observer in 2004 but failed to send its participants the following year due to visa complication. It sent three talents to the competition in 2006 and one in 2007.

Abirul and Buishra qualified for the international event by winning Bangladesh Informatics Olympiad 2008 jointly organised by Bangladesh Informatics Olympiad Committee (BIOC) and Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS).

The Daily Star is the media partner of Bangladesh Informatics Olympiad while Bangladesh Academy of Science and Bangladesh Informatics Olympiad Committee organised the participants for the event.

Associate Prof of Buet Dr Humayun Kabir and Mohamamd Mahbudur Rahman, who works in a software company, will accompany them as the team leader and deputy team leader respectively.

Winners of the International Olympiad are recognised as the best young computer scientists of the world.

Credit goes to THE DAILY STAR
Link: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=50679
Edited by Jai & Bani - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ta33 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago