Subhanallah - Article

Adil112 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Subhanallah on Sony TV

A new show Subhanallah will soon hit Sony TV. The show which is about a Muslim family is produced by Suhaib Ilyasi. It had been reported that Aamna Sharriff would play the lead but now the show has a new face as the lead. The production of this show was stalled for some time but now work has re-started and about four episodes have been shot.

The entire production team has been changed and the new director is not confirmed. Suhaib Ilyasi was unavailable for any comment. The star cast of the show consists of Neha Janpandit, Humar, Aditi Sharwaikar, Deep Dhillon, Raza Murad and Neelu Kohli.

Neha Janpandit, Humar and Aditi Sharwaikar are playing daughters to Raza Murad and Neelu Kohli. Neha Janpandit who is playing the role of the eldest daughter is the lead. The girls also have a kid brother. Deep Dhillon is playing the role of Neha Janpandit's father- in- law. The male lead is undecided.

The subject of the show is based on the life of an average Indian Muslim family. "Unlike most of the shows based on Muslim families, this one is more realistic. This show gives the real picture of a regular Muslim family. There is a misconception that women don't hold a good position in Muslim culture. Contrary to this conception, women are given lot of privileges and importance," said Neelu Kohli.

Raza Murad had a similar thing to say. He said, "The show is going to be an eye opener for the audience. It shows a family that is cultural and has high values with a liberal outlook. Media has always given an orthodox picture of Muslim families."

One of the interesting parts of the show is that Raza Murad is playing a soft and emotional role for the first time in his long career. "Playing this role is the biggest challenge of my life. I am looking different. The audience is going to be pleasantly surprised after watching me on this show," said the excited Raza Murad.

We hope this show that has been facing hindrances does not get crammed with new trouble.

Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar

Starts July 9th, Wed-Thu, 8 pm

Edited by Adil112 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..-Zaara-.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i heard about this show like 1 year and a half ago and Aamna Shariff was guna be a part of it but knw she is busy wid her movie so i doubt she will be in this show and how does this article realte to Khwiash iz any actor from Khwiash guna be in this serial
Adil112 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: brklyngurl4u

i heard about this show like 1 year and a half ago and Aamna Shariff was guna be a part of it but knw she is busy wid her movie so i doubt she will be in this show and how does this article realte to Khwiash iz any actor from Khwiash guna be in this serial

it a muslim based show like khwaish