Created

Last reply

Replies

460

Views

57.4k

Users

16

Likes

801

Frequent Posters

vyapti thumbnail
Gift Of Giving Contest- Participant  Thumbnail 7th Anniversary Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 days ago

I dance.

I feel your gaze on me.

I realize that

I dance for your gaze.

I always dance for your gaze.


"Why are you not speaking with me?",

I ask angrily

And I see you looking at me.

You were always looking at me.


Your gaze sees me;

Your gaze covers me

In an impenetrable, transparent veil.


It is your gaze

That has made me get up,

Has made me shyly look at my beauty

In the mirror,

Has made me dance with an aching body,

Has made me feel the rhythm of my feet.


A middle-aged woman

Who had no flexibility, no grace

Danced, telling herself,

"Dance, dance. No one is

Going to see your childishness anyway."


I ignored your gaze.

No, I did not.

If I really did,

Dance would not be possible.


I forgot you.

I did not exactly forget you;

Like the familiar contour of my living place

That almost does not exist for me,

You vanished from my perception.


As I say in anger,

"Why are you not speaking with me?",

I feel your gaze

And I feel

As if it is a winter morning

And I want to hug my blanket tighter

In chill.

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".