Life's like that: Real life anecdotes : Thread # 2- Page 31

*Bonding Ideas*

Created

Last reply

Replies

310

Views

1.3k

Users

5

Likes

250

Frequent Posters

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 days ago

This may contain: a poem with the words smile on it

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 days ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 days ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago

This may contain: a beautiful life poem written by a woman in front of an open window with flowers

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago

This may contain: a poster with an image of a man in a suit and top hat holding a cane

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago


Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago

Inspiring Short Story :-


One Day I Decided To Quit


It was one seemingly ordinary day when I decided to QUIT… All of a sudden I made a decision to quit my job, my relationship, and finally my spirituality. I just wanted to quit my life. But before that, I went to the wood to have one last talk with God. I started: “God, can you give me one good reason not to quit?” His answer really surprised me: “Look around”, He said. “Do you see the fern and the bamboo?” I replied: “Yes. When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. But still, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said: “In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit. In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would not quit.” Related: What Keeps Me Alive At Night – Scary Story “Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant… But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.” After that, He asked me: “Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots. I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you.” “Don’t compare yourself to others.” He added. ”The bamboo had a different Purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful.” God said to me: “Your time will come” “You will rise high”. I asked: “How high should I rise?” “How high will the bamboo rise?” He also asked. I was confused: “As high as it can?” ”Yes.” He said, “Give Me glory by rising as high as you can.” Related: The Formula Of Being A G.O.A.T – Eminem’s Inspirational Life Story After this conversation, I left the forest and I wrote this amazing story. I really hope that these words can help you to see that God will never give up on you. You should Never, Never, Never, Give up Don’t tell the Lord how big the problem is, tell the problem how Great the Lord is !

Edited by Manzz - a day ago
Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 18 hours ago

12 Stories That Show Kindness Is the Quiet Strength Our World Needs


One small, caring gesture can change everything. These real-life stories spotlight empathy, human warmth, and compassion that spark hope in hard moments. From a stranger’s helping hand to unexpected grace from someone close, each act of kindness heals hearts, restores faith, and reminds us kindness still shines in this world.


  • My parents kicked me out when I got pregnant at 16. They said that I am no longer their daughter. I had complications and had to go to the hospital days before my due date


  • My baby was stillborn. I didn’t even get to hold him. I was completely alone in that room.


  • One kind nurse noticed me, she kept checking on me. She gave me a piece of paper. Then whispered, “I’m Jane. Take my number. Call me.”


  • The following morning, I asked about her. The hospital staff dryly told me that there was no Jane — it was the effect of the meds. I believed them.


  • They told me that I can’t stay there any longer because my insurance wouldn’t cover any extra days. I felt so lonely...


  • 5 weeks later, I saw that paper and decided to call the number. My blood went cold when she answered me. She said, “Yes, I remember you, sweetheart.”


  • Jane was real! She told me, “I checked on you, but you’d been discharged. I’ve thought about you so often.”


  • Her compassion broke something open in me. She invited me for coffee. Then dinner. Then she introduced me to her husband, and slowly, they became my family.


  • They’d lost their own daughter 7 years earlier, and she said I looked so much like her. I saw her photo. We really did look so much alike.



  • Jane helped me finish school. She held my hand at graduation. She showed me that one moment of genuine empathy can redirect an entire life.



  • I’m 34 now. I work as a social worker, helping teenage mothers find their footing. Every day, I try to be someone’s Jane—to offer grace when the world offers none.



  • Sometimes healing begins with simple words: “Take my number. Call me.” Kindness doesn’t just change lives. It saves them...


Edited by Manzz - 18 hours ago

Related Topics

Love Friendship Dating and Relationships thumbnail

Posted by: carisma2 · 2 years ago

Love Forum Chit Chat Thread #1

I will update the thread. U may talk about whatever you want as long as it's in line with forum rules and pls maintain decorum. Thanks

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".