Write the scene: Scene 1- Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

10

Views

133

Users

11

Frequent Posters

dusk2dawn thumbnail
Posted: 13 hours ago
#11

Bloodline and Allegiance

The dense woods stood silent, bearing witness to a secret that had been buried for decades. Kunti stepped forward with trembling feet, her tear-filled eyes locked onto the warrior before her. Dressed in pristine white, she looked like a phantom of the past carrying an unbearable weight of grief.

On the banks of holy river Ganga (Jhanvi) early morning, by the time of sunrise, Karna worshipping the Sun god.

Karna finished his prayers and saw Kunti waiting for him.

Karna stood rigid in his vibrant pink attire, his sharp gaze fixed ahead as a wave of deep resentment washed over him. His heavy gold necklaces caught the faint light of the forest, contrasting sharply with the bleak despair of the moment. His jaw is tightly clenched, his eyes burning with intense conflict.

Kunti (with trembling voice) : Karna... I did not come here today as the Queen of Hastinapur. I came here as a mother who has starved for her firstborn.

Karna does not turn. He stares blankly into the distance, his hands tightening into fists.

Karna (bitterly) : A mother? You have mistakenly assumed my identity, Rajmata. The woman who raised me, who wiped my tears when the world called me a low-born, is Radha. I am Radheya.

Kunti steps closer, her hands outstretched but hesitating to touch him.

Kunti : No! You are Kaunteya! You are my son, my first born, born before my marriage, given to the river out of a young girl's fear of society. The blood of the Sun God runs through your veins, Karna. You belong with your brothers-with the Pandavas.

Karna finally turns around slowly. His expression is a mask of hardened grief and absolute fury.

Karna : Brothers? The same Pandavas who mocked my lineage at the tournament? Arjun, whom I have vowed to kill on the battlefield? You ask me to join them now, on the eve of war, only to save your other sons from my arrows.

Kunti (weeping) : Think of it as a mother begging for charity! Do not let one brother kill another brother. Come back to the light, Karna.

Karna looks at her tear-stained face. For a fleeting second, his eyes soften with painful longing, but the warmth vanishes as quickly as it appeared. He stands rigid. For years, he had been mocked as a charioteer's son, fighting tirelessly to prove his worth to a world that shunned him. Now, the queen stood before him, her quivering lips finally confessing the devastating truth of his royal birth. The realization that his bitterest enemies were actually his biological brothers pierced through his armor more deeply than any arrow ever could.

Karna : You gave me away to save your honor, Mother. And now, I will give my life to save my loyalty. Duryodhana gave me a crown when I had nothing. I will not abandon him now when he needs me the most. But you are here to see me, I don't wish to send you back empty-handed. So, here's my promise. I promise you that among the Pandavas, I will only kill Arjuna. I will not kill the rest four of the Pandavas. So, after the war, if I die, you will have the Pandavas with you. If Arjuna dies, then I will be there for you along with the other four of the Pandavas. So, you will always have five sons. All you will bear is the pain of losing one son.

Despite the agonizing revelation and the tears streaming down his mother's face, a fierce sense of loyalty locked his stance. With a hardened heart and a rigid jaw, Karna chose allegiance over bloodline, refusing to abandon the friend who had accepted him when his own mother had not.

Karna gives a final, respectful but distant bow, turns on his heel, and walks away into the dense forest.

Kunti collapses to her knees, staring at the empty space he left behind, her silent sobs echoing through the trees.

Related Topics

Mahabharat Katha thumbnail

Posted by: Quantum-Dot · 9 days ago

Write the scene: Scene 3

Here's your third scene:

Expand ▼
Mahabharat Katha thumbnail

Posted by: Quantum-Dot · 9 days ago

Write the scene: Scene 2

Here's your second scene:

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".