Life's like that: Real life anecdotes : Thread # 2- Page 30

*Bonding Ideas*

Created

Last reply

Replies

310

Views

1.3k

Users

5

Likes

250

Frequent Posters

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 days ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 days ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 days ago

This may contain: a vase filled with flowers sitting on top of a table next to a sign that says life lessons

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 days ago

Story pin image

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 days ago

This may contain: a poem with the words life is what we make it written in black and yellow

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 days ago

Guy With Eyeglasses Stock Photos, Images and Backgrounds for Free Download


Hello Folks smiley36 smiley36


Well Going Down The Memory Lane Once Again Bit Of Funny And Bit Of Difficult Irritating Times Of My Journey With Wearing Glasses Since The Age Of Twelve ; smiley43 smiley9 smiley36 smiley36 smiley13 smiley13


While Travelling By Buses To And From Home And College / School My Poor Nose smiley14 Got The Brunt Of Knocks ; Passengers In Those Over Crowded Buses Would Knock The Glasses Hard And Poor Nose Got Hit And It Hurt Me - Maan ! smiley13 smiley13 Sweaty Days Meant The Glasses Slipping ; Hard Times For My Poor Nose ; smiley9 smiley43


Oh Oh I Was Never The Nosey Parker If You Guys Are Getting Ideas About My Poor Nose And It Was Not Dirty At All - Very Clean, Bit Sweaty At Times smiley43 smiley36 smiley36 smiley9


And One Day I Began Sensing Bit Of Blindness, Darkness Whenever Coming Indoors From Hot Sunny Outings - Mostly Out For Typing Classes - Ancient Days / Yuga smiley4 smiley2


Few Days Later And Right Next Day After Joining My Graduation Course ; I Left For Out Of Town City { Bangalore } And Had My Eyes Checked By My Ophthalmologist Uncle And He Recommended Immediate Surgeries To Both Eyes - Detachment Of Retina And Verge Of Going Blind ! And So We - Dad, Uncle And Me - Went To Shankara Nethralaya, Madras, And Dr Bhadrinath - May His Soul Rest In Peace - Skillfully Repaired The Damage Through Surgeries smiley20 ! ! smiley20


Out Went My Graduation And College And In Came Thicker Glasses, After Three Months Or So ! ! Glasses Ranged From Minus 10 / 11 With Cylinders And So Doctors Recommended I Go For Semi Soft Contact Lenses ; Soft Lenses Were Not Suitable Although Later Years I Wore Soft Lenses, Special Ones ! smiley4 !


Wearing Lenses Too Had Its Share Of Difficulties ; Dusty Environment Where I Live In The Coastal Area Small Particles Of Dust Would Enter The Eyes And Had Irritations, Watery smiley13 smiley13 And Then The Dark Glasses Came In - When I Began To Wear Dark Glasses It Was / Is Cool And Felt Much At Ease !


Yes I Wore My Thick Glasses At Home And Sometimes Went Out Too. While Travelling I Used Glasses And Not Contacts : My Standard Joke Was I Have Heavy / High Contacts smiley36 smiley36 smiley36 smiley36


Friends Often Said That I Looked Serious And Had Scientist Like Looks While Wearing My Thick Glasses. Honestly, I Felt That I Looked Like A Nut And Nutcase smiley36 smiley36 smiley36 smiley36


And So Till Year 2019 I Suffered And Vision Again Began Bothering And Tests By Ophthalmologist Revealed That Eye Lenses Were Damaged And So Back To Operation Table ; smiley43 smiley43


Dr Ravikiran At Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore, Replaced My Natural Lenses With Artificial Lenses - Something Similar To Cataract Surgery ! smiley4 smiley4 !


The Vision Is Near Perfect And Manageable ! smiley4 smiley4 ! And So I Do Not Wear Any Corrective Glasses ; But I Do Wear Cool smiley9 Dark Glasses smiley43 And Have Few Of Them In My Cupboard ! smiley43 smiley4 smiley4 smiley43 !


Went Through Difficult Days smiley13 smiley13 Wearing Thick Glasses ; Me Being Bit Of A Novice, Did Not Realize That I Needed To Change The Frames Often, Used To Have Allergies And Rashes Behind My Ears Due To Constant Wear Of Glasses ; One Of My Friend Who Is Into Sales Of Spectacle Frames And Glasses Advised Me To Go For More Comfortable, Lighter And Thinner Glasses And So I Got Those Glasses From Him Till Surgery - Year 2019 smiley43 smiley4 smiley4 smiley43


Now I Do Wear Glasses For Reading smiley43 smiley4 smiley4 smiley43



- - > Man smiley9 smiley43


Man With Thick Glasses Stock Photos, Images and Backgrounds for Free Download

Edited by Manzz - 6 days ago
Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 days ago

The Grandfather & Grandson

In a small field a boy and his grandfather are digging the soil. They are turning it over, smashing the lumps, preparing it for the years sowing. It’s hard work but necessary for the bountiful harvest they will receive from all their efforts.

The old man is well into his 70’s and is panting a fair bit, with every fork load thats turned sweat drips from his forehead but he doesn’t complain.

His grandson is 17 years old, fit strong and able. He curses with every fork load that’s turned, then standing there he huffs and puffs and complains before sticking the fork in once again cursing as he goes.

After a while, the young grandson notices how much more his grandfather has done than himself.

“How come grandfather you have achieved more than me when your so much older?” He asks

The reply wasn’t what he expected

“The Thinking about it, that’s the HARD bit, doing it, that the EASY bit”

The grandson is taken aback a little so the grandfather continues

“When you spend your time thinking, how hard this is, how much more to go, my back aches, that’s the hard bit. It’s far harder thinking about all these things, getting caught up in a whirlwind of your own thoughts, than it is to actual do the physical work in the first place”

“While you stand after ever fork load and allow your mind to dwell on the negative, I have done another three more fork loads than you have. I only look at what I have done which is always pleasing and positive”

Author: Dhamma Tāpasā

Moral of the Story:

As with a lot of things we don’t want to do in our lives, the thinking about it is so much harder than just getting on and doing it.

Some of us will procrastinate, others use some form of distraction. However the easy bit is always in the doing, our complaining and whining won’t make the problem go away. Do what ever it takes to move forward even if it just one small bit, those one small bits make up a lot in a week.

Remember you got this!

Much of what we struggle with in life is not caused by circumstances themselves, but by how those circumstances are experienced through thought. When understanding deepens, the mind naturally settles and clarity returns and often without effort.

This quiet shift in perspective sits at the heart of everything shared here. Not fixing what is broken, but rediscovering what has always been present beneath the noise.

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 days ago

This may contain: an old book page with a drawing of a man standing in front of the words way of life

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 days ago

This may contain: a poem written in black and white with an image of a man playing the guitar

Manzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 days ago

This may contain: a poem written on paper with mountains in the background

Related Topics

Love Friendship Dating and Relationships thumbnail

Posted by: carisma2 · 2 years ago

Love Forum Chit Chat Thread #1

I will update the thread. U may talk about whatever you want as long as it's in line with forum rules and pls maintain decorum. Thanks

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".