Divyanka Tripathi : "I was compared to Bhagyashree, Bhumika Chawla"

Manan_Pani_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

Divyanka Tripathi, while recalling the early days in her career, said she was compared to Bhagyashree and Bhumika Chawla.

Divyanka Tripathi says she was compared to Bhagyashree, Bhumika Chawla.Divyanka Tripathi says she was compared to Bhagyashree, Bhumika Chawla.

Divyanka Tripathi, while recalling the early days in her career, said she was compared to Bhagyashree and Bhumika Chawla.

DIvyanka Tripathi, who is currently seen in ‘Adrishyam’ with Eijaz Khan, told IndiaToday.in that she was compared to Bhagyashree, Bhumika Chawla in the early days of her career. The actor also spoke about prepping for her part in ‘Adrishyam’ while recovering from a leg surgery. She further mentioned how she deals with social media trolls.

Divyanka Tripathi recalled the early days of her career. "When I had just entered the industry, many people used to compare me to Bhagyashree ji and Bhumika Chawla. It has stopped now but it happened a lot earlier in my career. I think it was because I was as dainty as them," Divyanka told IndiaToday

After playing some traditional roles on television, the actor has embraced an action avatar with her new web series, ‘Adrishyam: The Invisible Heroes’. Divyanka is seen playing an undercover officer, out on a mission to protect the country against terrorists. The actor told us that she's excited to try a new genre which would also help her break out of her 'bahu image'.

Talking about her new show, ‘Adrishyam’, the actor shared how she prepped for the part while recuperating from a leg surgery. She said, "It became a great challenge for me as I had a target in hand. I got my rehabilitation done in record time to start shooting. Everything happened very swiftly and thankfully quite well."

Given that 'Adrishyam' talks about undercover officers leading dual lives, we asked Divyanka if, like most people, she too puts a different face on social media. Dismissing the same, the 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' actor replied, "It was more about finding comfort and enjoying yourself. Also, you need to be responsible as these followers look up to you. They are taking a note of your content and even read your captions in detail. With me, I am directly connected to my fans as we talk about heartfelt things and share secrets and even bits of advice.”

She continued, “However, I also consciously make efforts to be real and not just show my glamorous side. There are days when I feel fat and bloated but when I achieve something, I feel proud to share it. When I started kickboxing and MMA after my surgery phase, I wanted to share it. I did get trolled about it but I take it all with a pinch of salt. I live my life that way, and if someone doesn't like my social media posts, they can stop watching it."