Announcements

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 18 days ago

Well these days reading like a snail but for reading I love historical fiction and mystery and thriller.. If you can put me in both it will be great… at least my reading spree will increase.If not then historical fiction will be first choice 

Funny part is , I don’t write on these two genre.. I am stuck with romance there smiley36

Thanks so much for the tag.

Minionite thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Members love evil Shreya, especially in your twisted games smiley37

Please do share reviews about the thrillers you have read. The thriller fan in me would love to know :)

I like series a lot where you have a repeating main character that you can start to relate to. A few that I absolutely enjoy are:

1. Kathy Reichs series on Temperance Brennan (she's the character that led to the show Bones though they completely destroyed the book character in that show)
  2. Anthony Horowitz series on Alex Rider (teenage spy - this was my first foray into thrillers as a kid and I still love this series)
  3. Tess Gerritsen series on Rizzoli & Isles (kind of like 1 where they also butchered the book characters in the show)
  4. Janet Evanovich series on Fox & O'Hare (con man and FBI agent working together after con man got caught - I mean it doesn't get better than that)
  5. Abir Mukherjee series on Wyndham & Bannerjee (set in India during pre-Independence to Independence time it combines both history with mystery)

I've got a whole bunch more that I want to read - Tom Clancy topping that list.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Originally posted by: tellyme

Well these days reading like a snail but for reading I love historical fiction and mystery and thriller.. If you can put me in both it will be great… at least my reading spree will increase.If not then historical fiction will be first choice 

Funny part is , I don’t write on these two genre.. I am stuck with romance there smiley36

Thanks so much for the tag.

@blue: We can’t put you in any Team πŸ˜… because only you can add yourself, mods can’t. Check the second post, we have shared how to join your favorite team.

We have Thriller Titans for mystery lovers and Epoch Explorers for Historical fiction. You can choose one and then the other after 24 hours. Basically both teams can be yours, only one at a time :)

Haha, Ikr, reading together does increase one’s reading speed smiley36

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Originally posted by: Leenaaa

Great initiative done!!smiley27

I am torn between Thriller Titan and Non-Fiction Nerds but going with the second one since I am currently reading a non-fiction booksmiley12

PS- Thanks for tagging, Madz <3

Hey Lee smiley31 Please share with us what you are reading on our thread.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5352622

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Mera bhi yahi haal hai 🀣 There are at least five teams I wanna be a part of.

Choose any one, and then you can flaunt another team after atleast 24 hours.

If I let my mood-reading dictate teams, I would break this website. smiley37

Originally posted by: Minionite

1. Kathy Reichs series on Temperance Brennan (she's the character that led to the show Bones though they completely destroyed the book character in that show)

Hey, I am quite astonished to find a fellow Kathy Reichs reader! I only read her first two books i.e Deja Dead and Death Du Jour. 

Honestly, the second book didn't live up to my expectation as compared to the first book and I am not mentally ready to read ALL of Temperance Brennan books in her series as of yetsmiley36 

I did watch Bones couple of years ago and the show was very very loosely based on the books. The only connection was that the show used TB's character name and her job occupation otherwise, the book and the show were literally zameen asman ka farak.

What's your favourite book from the series? I am open to suggestions.

Minionite thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Hey, I am quite astonished to find a fellow Kathy Reichs reader! I only read her first two books i.e Deja Dead and Death Du Jour. 

Honestly, the second book didn't live up to my expectation as compared to the first book and I am not mentally ready to read ALL of Temperance Brennan books in her series as of yetsmiley36 

I did watch Bones couple of years ago and the show was very very loosely based on the books. The only connection was that the show used TB's character name and her job occupation otherwise, the book and the show were literally zameen asman ka farak.

What's your favourite book from the series? I am open to suggestions.

The books are up down. Some are really good and others are just so-so. Try Cross Bones. It is history with a mystery. I would say one of my favourites so far. I'm kind of re-reading the series. I read most of it about 5 years back but then I lost track of the books, so now I'm re-reading them. Death Du Jour is probably the lowest one from the series. It's like Kathy Reichs didn't think she could get fame from her books so she kinda gave up with that one and then bounced back stronger with the rest of the series.

Posted: 17 days ago

The books are up down. Some are really good and others are just so-so. Try Cross Bones. It is history with a mystery. I would say one of my favourites so far. I'm kind of re-reading the series. I read most of it about 5 years back but then I lost track of the books, so now I'm re-reading them. Death Du Jour is probably the lowest one from the series. It's like Kathy Reichs didn't think she could get fame from her books so she kinda gave up with that one and then bounced back stronger with the rest of the series.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will surely check it out.

By the way, have you read her recent works? Cold Cold Bones, The Bone Code, The Bone Hacker or A Conspiracy of Bones? Reading those blurbs, I am tempted to read them.

Minionite thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 17 days ago

Thanks for the suggestion. Will surely check it out.

By the way, have you read her recent works? Cold Cold Bones, The Bone Code, The Bone Hacker or A Conspiracy of Bones? Reading those blurbs, I am tempted to read them.

Not yet. I'm on Break No Bones right now. I'm planning to be all caught up by probably July.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 16 days ago

Not yet. I'm on Break No Bones right now. I'm planning to be all caught up by probably July.

You read break no bones and get ready to break our bones with new game seasonsmiley37