Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sunaina7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: Mrs_Darcy_Shree

Reading about the concept of these upcoming shows makes me really sad... It's like itv is going backwards! Itne regressive storylines, repeated character assassination... Kya ho gya hai in logon ko!

Ek time pe we had such unique shows on tv like shanti, saara aakash, sanjivani, remix, left right left, na bole tum, navya, mjht, etc and now every other story is the same old saas-bahu drama or love triangle... And if they somehow start a show with some career-oriented storyline... 8-10 episodes are good and then they continue with the same old ghar k tante...

I'm sure there's no dearth of quality content or writers, so why stick to this crap!? And if they claim that's what the audience wants, can't really be true! The episode count of the shows I mentioned is proof enough! So what do you think has changed? Are the makers lacking the will to take risks? Or are the channels not willing to experiment? Or has the audience truly become increasingly regressive?

I think audience has also regressed. I see it like 30:70 makers: audience fault. It's not like makers didn't try to produce new and innovative content but they lost money on it. In a country like India even a single penny matters a lot  .So obviously they went on projects which are giving them profile. 

Coming to 70% fault of audience,  we can blame the trp method and claim that it's faulty method to Guage audience response and only cater to older audience but what about the audience who watches on youtube ,instagram and hotstar.  yeh sab platforms par toh young audience hi dekhti hai na. Why yeh rishta promos keep trending on youtube. Instagram par sabse jyada views wahi edits par hote jisme romance and styling achi ho leads. Yeh audience ko meaningful story se koi matlab nahi. 

people on twitter crib about lack of good content but they will use all their internet data and time to argue and analysis about shows like ghum ,Anupama, yeh rishta ,,TMD but never about  a show like Vanshaj( SAB tv) where there is no love angle but a fierce female lead who is fighting against the injustices done to her . 

We may make fun or get angry at regressive content but Sachai yahi hai jo dikhta hai woh bikhta hai. Take the slap example of ghum  . someone posted a clip on twitter. 50 logo ne usko quote kiya hoga. Usme se 20 logo ko curiosity ko ki yeh slap ke baad kya hoga episode.  They will tune in to watch next episode. Usme se 10 logo ko female lead achi lagegi ,uski styling  aur attitude achi lagegi.  Some will be curious to know how male lead and female lead will unite after slap. That's how show will get 10 new Audience just through their one slap clip which got viral. 

I have even seen girls watching ghum and Anupama clips in train rides. 

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

WHAT smiley37

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Reading about the concept of these upcoming shows makes me really sad... It's like itv is going backwards! Itne regressive storylines, repeated character assassination... Kya ho gya hai in logon ko!

Ek time pe we had such unique shows on tv like shanti, saara aakash, sanjivani, remix, left right left, na bole tum, navya, mjht, etc and now every other story is the same old saas-bahu drama or love triangle... And if they somehow start a show with some career-oriented storyline... 8-10 episodes are good and then they continue with the same old ghar k tante...

I'm sure there's no dearth of quality content or writers, so why stick to this crap!? And if they claim that's what the audience wants, can't really be true! The episode count of the shows I mentioned is proof enough! So what do you think has changed? Are the makers lacking the will to take risks? Or are the channels not willing to experiment? Or has the audience truly become increasingly regressive?

I would blame it on the audience and the channel. I was having this discussion with my friend a couple of years ago when MHRW was on air. We both agreed that SP atleast had the guts to experiment with a concept like that - fierce love story with little to no saas bahu drama. Other channels would not even bet on concepts like that. You can also include Kahan hum Kahan tum in the same basket. 

Now while SP gave these shows a chance and did their bit, they could not get the desired ratings or a rating that probably the saas bahu, ema, slap wale dramas get. Eventually it is all business right. SP will not continue a show on air if it just does mediocre business. Then they interfered in the show and dubaoed it.

The biggest fault here lies in the outdated systems of calculating the trp while ignoring the large chunk of audience who watches the shows online. The thing is for Star, as an example, the main costs and revenue come from the TV telecast. Hotstar subscription and ad revenue (don't have an associated costs) just work as add on revenue streams that don't factor in any decision making process. The trp systems need a major overhaul to include a more inclusive group of viewers so that there is better representation and reflects better accuracy. 

Here channels also need to collectively take more responsibility for the content they are showing. A slap here or a throwing out of the house there. See how the Suhagan wali girl was dragged out of the house. Ghaseet ke. Is this even humane? 

Dvls thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I am also having the same thoughts, I think now audience taste has been changed. I was a big fan of Star one  shows. Remix, Sarabhai, hotel Kingston, family business, I watched all these shows. Ek show ati thi Zee tv mein Astiva ek Prem kahani karke , it was a good show.

Now a days a show starts with a good concept but after few episodes it becomes either triangular love story or saas bahu story. Recent past mein I only watched MHRW only and zindagi Gulzar hai ek pak drama . Sony tv ka Kavya ka concept acha laga tha, I started watching it, but after few episodes I lost interest in that.

s_kavya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

https://twitter.com/heyyshonaaa/status/1785910418030067859?t=vnr-VyD5ZLyJvsHjOo-GAA&s=19

This looks so bakwas .. Agli baari issi show Ki hai off air list mein lol

Sunaina7 thumbnail
Posted: 19 days ago

https://twitter.com/SanjKiDuniya/status/1786037942106124787?t=kkNhG7VN6mCweeNFQvZo5Q&s=19

Kashish ka song preference got featured on them

also yeh thoda vulgar nahi lag raha and clothes look cheap to me 🫣

Sunaina7 thumbnail

https://tenor.com/en-IN/view/friends-oh-my-eyes-my-eyes-lisa-kudrow-phoebe-shouts-gif-10973109

lack of good looks and chemistry in above clip is hurting my eyes 

Gags05 thumbnail

Thanks Kavya...

I will now start watching this after Imlie ends

Gags05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunaina7

https://twitter.com/SanjKiDuniya/status/1786037942106124787?t=kkNhG7VN6mCweeNFQvZo5Q&s=19

Ang laga de ki choreography + Dil se re ke kapde + Haaye Rama song + Random rain shots = Nothing worthwhile...

smiley37

sai2311 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Sunaina7

Ek minute. I thought this show was about IAS officers and some social reforms in villages. Isn’t it???