Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 25 days ago

Awesome update ,cont soon

olsen_124 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Loved it. I am waiting for a angsty confrontation between Armaan & Abhira 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Aapka update kab ayega? 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

behen, where are you? need updates on all your FFs

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Hello all. Really really really sorry for going absent  without any information 🥺. The thing is I've my internal assessments this week, so I'll be free again mostly by Saturday. Sorry for this break in the updates but please bear with me for few more days. I'll be back right here with the upcoming chapters. 

Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 16 days ago

Hopefully your assignments are done. waiting eagerly for FF update! :)

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

Chapter - 5

Armaan awoke from a restless sleep. He blinked the fatigue from his eyes, his gaze softening as it settled on his wife. Even in a deep slumber, she held his hand tightly. A ghost of a grin appeared on his lips watching the smile on her face. With a gentle stroke, he brushed a stray strand of hair away from her face, his thoughts drifting back to the conversation they shared the night before. 

He withdrew his hand from her gasp, recollecting her caustic words. They pricked him, leaving behind a bitter ache in his heart. Was he truly nothing more than her namesake husband to her? Armaan stared at her for a long time, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. 

As Abhira stirred beside him, her brows furrowing in sleep at the sound of alarm, Armaan quickly averted his gaze, closing his eyes and pretending to be asleep. He didn’t want her to see his turmoil and tears. Not yet. Not when she would remain indifferent towards them.  

After a few moments, Abhira eventually woke up. Her eyelids fluttered, adjusting to the dim light filtering into the room. She turned her head to find him lying beside her, seemingly still asleep. The tense lines on his face even in sleep made her heart clench in despair. Tentatively, she reached out and lightly brushed her fingers against his forehead, smoothening them before retracting her hand, jolted to reality. She shook her head, trying to dismiss him from her psyche. But how could she, when he was ingrained in the deepest corner of her heart. 

“I need to maintain my distance with you, Armaan. I cannot get more attached to you, especially after knowing the truth. I cannot give you my heart on a platter to break it.” Abhira mumbled to herself, wiping the tear trickling on her cheek, running into the washroom without a backward glance. 

Armaan opened his eyes, watching her retreating figure, his chest tightening with a mixture of hurt and confusion. As the door clicked shut behind her, he sat up on the bed, his thoughts swirling in turmoil. He couldn’t understand why she was determined to dismiss his existence in her life. What truth did she know, that she was hiding from him? It felt as if they were transported back in time to nine months before, where she despised the mere sight of him. Where she wanted to do nothing with him. Was it something he said or did? Or something that she couldn’t bring herself to share with him? He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling miserably lost at her silence. 

Abhira stepped inside the washroom, her facade dropping behind the closed door. She let the cold water cascade over her tired muscles, providing momentary relief to her stressed mind. She was intent on not ruining things further for herself. Distance was necessary between them if she had to save her heart and leave with her self respect intact. Lost in contemplation, she reached for her bathrobe after finishing her shower, only to realise with a sinking feeling that she didn’t bring it inside with her. 

After a moment of consideration and weighing her options, she decided to ask him for help, if he was awake. “Armaan, uth gaye?” she called for him weakly, hiding behind the door, red in embarrassment. 

He turned to her voice, finding Abhira peeping outside, covered by the door. “I’m awake. Do you need something?” 

“My…my bathrobe…I forgot.” She replied sheepishly.

“Give me a moment. I’ll get it.” His voice was gentle, sensing her embarrassment. He walked over to their wardrobe where her bathrobe hung, picked it up and made his way to the bathroom. Abhira opened the door slightly at his knock, outstretching her hand for the garment. He handed it to her, casting his gaze down. 

“Thank you.” She murmured softly, as she retreated back into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. Armaan exhaled a shaky breath, closing his eyes to ignore the awkwardness of the situation, while picking his clothes. 

Abhira walked out just as he tried to enter, their hands brushing past each other. Armaan trembled at the innocent touch of their fingers, averting his gaze as soon as it met hers, his neck turning pink. 

When he returned after freshening up, she was nowhere to be found in their room. Armaan heaved a sigh of relief, quickly buttoning himself up and going downstairs. 

~~~

Abhira slouched into her chair, pressing her temple to alleviate the knots formed in her forehead. Her day had been excruciatingly tiring with seemingly endless tasks and responsibilities. From the moment she arrived at her work place, she was caught up in a whirlwind of work. She worked on her assigned cases, running on a tight schedule as Dev demanded her to complete them within two working days. To add to her woes, her college professors issued new assignments and survey work that needed to be finished before the deadline. 

“Bhabhi, ghar chalein?” Charu’s voice startled her, tired eyes meeting hers. Abhira nodded, switching off her system and proceeding to their vehicle. She started the ignition, the sound of the engine coming to life as they hit the road.

“Armaan, dinner?” 

Ruhi’s voice broke through Armaan’s concentration causing him to look up from his laptop, finding Ruhi standing at the door with a tray of food. He could feel the weary sigh escaping his lips before he could control it. These days her behaviour was testing his patience in every manner, no matter how polite he tried to be with her, it seemed to only feed her delusions more. With Abhira already upset at him for unknown reasons, the last thing he wanted was to deal with Ruhi who seemed desperate to hold onto him against his wishes. 

“I’m waiting for Abhira. We’ll have it together.” He replied, watching as her face fell at the mention of Abhira. He kept his laptop aside and walked to the door, blocking her path inside, “Ruhi, I’ve explained this to you before as well. Meri ek biwi hai, she’s enough to care for me. Your actions will only put us in an awkward situation. Why aren’t you trying to understand this?” 

“Where is she then?” She asked, her tone miffed at his refusal, “I don’t see your wife anywhere around. Is this how she’ll take care of you? By being irresponsible and staying out late. And you’re forgetting this marriage is only for a year, Armaan. She’s using you to further her success. Aur tumhe uske motives samajh mein nahi aa rahe. I can see through her intentions…”

“Toh tum uski biwi ban jao na.” 

Both of them turned around to locate the source of the voice, finding Abhira striding towards them. There was no fiery anger in her eyes, only a hollow emptiness that twisted Armaan’s stomach. How much of their conversation did she hear? 

“Why don’t you become his wife then, if you’re concerned.” Her words were like a slap on the face, while she continued calmly, “he does deserve a sorted and responsible wife, unlike me. You know what, marry him once I leave this house. Then you both can be the best son and daughter in law…”

Armaan's patience snapped at her words, his grip tightening on her arm as he reached out to stop her. "That's enough, Abhira," he thundered, disbelief and frustration lacing his voice. "Go to the room now."

“Of course! It was you and your BFF blocking the door.” She shot back, wrenching her hand from his grip before storming off inside their room. 

“Armaan, she…”

“Not another word, Ruhi.” Armaan cut her off, his voice firm, that belied the storm raging within him with her words. He left her outside, alone, returning to their room. 

“What was that?” He questioned Abhira, turning her towards him. “Have you lost your mind? What rubbish were you talking about?”

“Truth,” she retorted with a stern glare, freeing her hand, “aur mera hath chodo, tumhari Ruhi madame intezar kar rahi hogi tumhara. Don’t disappoint her.” 

“I was waiting for you.”

Abhira walked to the dressing table ignoring him, removing her earrings when her face paled as she reached out to steady herself holding the edge, swaying on her feet. Armaan rushed to her side at once, balancing her before she fell, all his anger evaporating at the sight of her frail figure. “Are you okay?” 

“I-I think so.” She murmured weakly, clutching onto him for support as the room spun around her. He carefully carried her in his arms to their bed and helped her settle on it. He fetched a glass of water from the bedside table and handed it to her, watching as she took a few sips. 

â€śWhen was your last meal?” He enquired while she remained silent at his question. 

“Abhira, I’m asking something,” he gently lifted her chin to meet his gaze that demanded an answer. 

“I..I had a lot of work today, didn’t have time.” She admitted, biting her lower lip. 

Armaan shook his head in disappointment, keeping the glass aside. “You won’t move from here till I return. Warna mujhse bura koi nahi hoga.” He rushed downstairs, setting up a plate of dinner for both of them and returned. The corner of his lips lifted in a sliver of smile looking at her still, albeit grumpy, figure on the bed. Without a word, he forwarded her a piece of roti to her lips. Abhira hesitated for a moment, her exhaustion and displeasure evident in her eyes, but eventually she accepted, allowing him to feed her. 

-x-o-x-o-x-o-x-

A bit of a filler chapter. Feedback will be appreciated. We'll meet again with next chapter smiley31

Supervampire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 days ago

Nice update 

Kya answer diya h abhira ne

Ruhi ko uski place dikhana jaruri hai